Kleenmaid LWK74

Kleenmaid LWK74 Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Kleenmaid? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

25 questions from our users

Dave P
Dave Pasked

We recently moved to a new place and connected the cold inlet hose. In the near term we didnt connect the hot inlet hose as we only wash with cold water. Next thing there is water everywhere because the cold water coming in went straight out through the unterminated hot hose. Does the Kleenmaid have one way valves or similar that should prevent this or is this to be expected?

Robert f
Robert fasked

Hi my speed Queen washing machine fills with water then doesn't wash but will rinse drain and spin what's wrong with it

Sarah I.
Sarah I.asked

Hi the aggregater has stop machine still fills up with water a drains just doesn't wash please help me I think it's a older model thou

Check the belt

Dan

The belt may have broken

Lizzy O.asked

What does EA mean?

Lizzy O.

My kleenmaid washing machine is flashing EA... not sure what that means ??

Graham F.

Valerie W.asked

what years were lwk74 produced

Pjay
Pjayasked

Hi, we have a kleenmaid heavy duty topload washer that we got from a well regarded repair shop who do refurbs and then on sell the.m. We’ve had our refurbed washer for about 5 years.
It’s working fine but in the last month or so the noise from the spin cycle is like having a jet aircraft in our laundry. No issues when it’s washing but the spin cycle noise is deafening. As I mentioned the spin and wash cycles perform well without issue; it’s just the killer noise when doing a spin.
I’m not overalls handy so I’d appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance,
PJ

Phil
Philasked

Hi, I have a KLEENMAID Speed Queen Washing Machine Model # LWK74NW-3050. When the machine reached wash, the agitator failed to operate with an electrical burning smell soon after. Spin Mode still operates. Has anybody experienced this problem and what was the fix. Thanks kindly for your help.

Gary B.
Gary B.asked

kleenmaid clean flitters

Phi T.
Phi T.asked

Hi all, I am in Australia, I have a 26 years old Kleenmaid KAW693W-3050 washing machine. The drive belt was worn and cracked so I replaced it. But the drum still keeps turning in one direction for about 2 seconds in every 3 minutes in the Wash and Rinse cycle and does the Spin cycle normally. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nat. N
Nat. Nasked

We have had ours for 20 years and the water intake is slow, is there anything I can check to fix this? I love the machine but takes so long to fill. I have removes the stainless gause in the hose as we are on filtered rain water, and that hasn't helped.
Nat

Jeb
Jebasked

My wonderful kleenmaid industrial top load washing machine is 28 years old. For the last week it has been making some loudish noises through the cycles. It now won't spin. It has never missed a beat and I just don't want to part with it. I thought I might take the front off and have a look. Is there things I should look for? Thankyou

Maggie
Maggieasked

I have a top loader kleenmaid washing machine about 16 years old and have a bad water leak coming from underneath,is it worth the expense to fix it?

TBone
TBoneasked

I have a Kleenmaid LWK74 washing machine. I am attempting to remove the external drain hose but is held by a plastic retainer clip as it enters the rear of the washing machine. It is plastic and am unsure how this clip is removed. anyone with any guidance? Thanks

Bill lloyd
Bill lloydasked

Had to disconnect a speed queen topload washing machine about 4 years old to tile underneath .Went to reconnect the hoses after fitting new seals only to find the hot water line works but the cold water does not seems to be blocked can you please help?

Not happy

Bill, have you checked that the WASH TEMPERATURE knob on the control panel (knob on left hand end) has not been moved around to HOT/COLD which would only allow hot water to flow in while filling up.

Fair maidasked

Hi my km is not cleaning properly. Have been advised to clean filter which apparently i can access if i remove the conditioner container. It doesnt screw off and i dont have the hand strenght to sqeeze or pull it or lever it. Any help? Thanks

Not happy

The conditioner dispenser is very hard to access. You need someone strong and tall would also help, to squeeze the lower part of the dispenser, pulling directly upward and at the same time tilting slightly. If you can get someone to remove the dispenser housing for you it will expose the dispenser cup, which is removable for cleaning. Also need to get a brush down inside the funnel shape. Can you give more info on what is showing up to indicate your washer is not cleaning properly.

Fair maid

Finally managed to move it an clean but problem persists. Tiny little balls of fluff and/dark matter. Not removing hairs. Have poked a cotton bud through the holes and it comes out clean so its not the drum. Also, there is a tacky residue left at the top of the drum after large washes. The fibres stick to that. I rinse with vinegar. Thanks

Biz
Bizasked

How much please to replace the timer knob ????
Can i buy one from somewhere ?? Thanks

Not happy

Call Glen, the spareparts man at Commercial Laundry Appliances Service 1300 433 316. He will ask you the questions to determine which part you need. The cog may be stripped that the timer knob fits into.

debm
debmasked

My kleenmaid machine has been working fine for around 8years now. Had to replace timer & pump a while ago & the top of machine rusted out. All been replaced, but now when turned on it will not fill up, have taken off hoses etc & checked no blockage. Seems to be intermittent though as will fill when it wants to & then won't. Any Ideas?

Not happy

Hi Debm, It could be the solenoid switch that opens the valves that maybe the problem.

leapy
leapyasked

My machine appears to be leaking around the pump region( slow leak ). What are the possible causes? please.

fixeditmyself
fixeditmyself

you need to remove the front panel and have a look at the pump and hoses, to remove the front panel, tilt the machine backwards slightly so its esker to get at the 2 x10mm hexagonal head screws , remove the 2 screws, pull out at the bottom and lift the front panel up and out, its held on by 2 clips at the top, replacing is the reverse process, once the panels off you can see the pump in the lower right hand side, check the stainless clips and the hoses , its more likely to be the outlet long hose its a white constantina type hose that stretches easily, maybe a good tape can fix it or a piece of plastic pvc pipe could be used as a fix it without getting a new hose , if replacing that hose it needs to be fed thru from the back, but the retaining plastic 2 piece clip might be a bit brittle so be careful , with the front panel off its an ideal time to give her a clean on the inside a bit of lanoline bases spray to ward off rust etc there will be a bit off water spill out from the bowl and hoses

Other Top Loading Washing Machines