5Kmart 3-in-1 Air Fryer Oven

Doesn't always function smoothly

Ken B
Ken B3 posts

Love the AF1006

I love our AF1006, we took it to our son’s place as he needed an extra oven for mother’s day lunch but it came back missing two feet on the RHS. It works ok, but it doesn’t resist movement like it used too and can be easily slid on the bench. Would love to get replacement feet, but I can’t find them. Can you help? Show details ·  1
trish m.
trish m.South West, WA2 posts

Great product BUT……

This is our 2nd 3 in 1 air fryer from Kmart. We love its cooking capabilities. Unfortunately Our first stopped working after 15mths with an Error code and wouldn’t power up. Bought exactly same type in November 2022 and again stopped working just now. Such a shame as it’s light to carry and ideal when travelling in caravan, BUT, I don’t think we will purchase this brand again if it keeps breaking down just out of warranty. Show details
Annie
AnniePerth13 posts

Airfryet oven

I have just exchanged it as temperature, timer doesn't work, l got a replacement oven & it still doesn't work, it's to heavy for me to keep taking it back, as anyone else boughtanoven whereit doesn't work.
Janine G.
Janine G.

Cookbook

Hi.just wondering if you have a cookbook designed for this airfryer. Show details ·  1
Alan B
Alan BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC8 posts

Great for the price

If you want a premium product, don't buy a $119 air fryer from Kmart thinking you are a queen of cooking and a big spender. For the price this machine is fantastic, does exactly as its meant to do. The only gripe i have is the size of the machine as its too big to fit in any of my kitchen cupboards (height wise) and its quite heavy, so unless its a permanent fixture on your bench top, its probably best you look at a different model. The wire racks feel very thin and i doubt they will last long, but i have washed the racks in the dishwasher with no issues. Again, its from Kmart and is only $119 - You cant expect it to be the equivalent of a $700 machine. Show details ·  1
GAJ
GAJGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Piece of Garbage

Item heated 2 pieces of pizza after unboxing, then it decided not work any further. Avoid buying this rubbish. Show details
Newt
NewtSydney Surrounds, NSW4 posts

Was great until it started smoking

I've had this unit and used it daily for a year or two. It worked really well until today when it started to billow smoke out of the top of the unit. According to the manual this means it should not be used again. Show details
Kmart   DM

Hi there, we are so sorry to hear this and have shared your feedback with the relevant quality and management teams. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Brett
BrettSydney, NSW9 posts

Worked well while it worked. Now dead

2 years in, it dies with the standard “control lights come on, then turn off” issue and never comes back to life. The whole time we had it, it had a whistling capacitor which I assumed wasn’t normal but who has the time to try and swap units out (with my luck, the next one would have had the same whistling capacitor). Tempted to open the unit and see if I can find and replace the offending capacitor to give this thing a second life. Show details
Kmart   DM

We appreciate your feedback and hope to improve the quality of our product in the near future. If you'd like to discuss this further, please share your details here external link  or call us on 1800 124 125

Hugh
Hugh3 posts

Would not start

Cooked fish and when finished opened the door and beeping would not stop. Turned switch off at wall pulled plug out and inserted into next power point. Turned on and beeping started again. Screen was blank. After about 5 mins of fiddling the beeping stopped after also opening and closing door. Tried various fault finding incl the microswitch at the top where the door clicks into it. The light kept lighting as required but could not get the power light to show to switch oven on! Dinner was delayed and had to use normal oven. This fault from comments goes back two years. Jeez pay peanuts you get peanuts. Damn disappointing and not good enough from Kmart on a known old fault nor in the instructions is there a fault finding section! Show details
Estelle K.
Estelle K.Central West, NSW

Love the product, but wire on baskets poor quality & very sharp

I love this product, cooks very well.
The baskets are hard to clean as the food sticks to them.
The wire is also very sharp on the baskets, and I cut myself on them continually just in the handling of them. Show details ·  1
Brenda H.
Brenda H.2 posts

Not that great

Used it tonight for chips and chicken. Seems to overheat & just switched itself off mid cycle. I turned the temperature down but it still switched off mid cycle.
Samantha Z.
Samantha Z.

Short lifespan

I bought this in March 2021. Worked well at the start as airfryer and fruit dehydrator. I have not used it often. Today it suddenly dies. Turn it on, lights flash up briefly, and before I can select the cooking mode everything goes black. Tried multiple times - same result. Out of warranty so cannot get a refund. Poor product quality. Obviously an inherent defect given the multiple reports of similar issues. Should be recalled and full refund given despite being outside of warranty period. I question whether the product meets the required consumer guarantees for goods. Show details
Kmart   DM

Hi Samantha, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're really sorry to hear about what happened with this Air Fryer Oven you purchased. We appreciate you letting us know and will be passing on your comments to our team as feedback.

Kelly F.
Kelly F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Sparks flew. Returned it due to concerns around fire hazard. Notice kmart doesn't sell them anymore

It worked fine until sparks flew and we were concerned it would catch fire. Show details
Kmart   DM

Sorry to hear about your experience Kelly. We would like to discuss this further, please share your details here external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 :)

Phil Robertson
Phil RobertsonIllawarra, NSW

Not worth the money

Same issue as everyone else, half way through a cycle and it stopped working. Obliviously a defect in the product (do not buy) of course it has tail light warranty ( as soon as you see the tail lights drive out the gate warranty is over) It is outside warranty period but Kmart should recall these products. Very disappointed as we only ever used it once a week since we purchased it. Show details
Klara K.
Klara K.2 posts

Short lived

Amazing machine, used regularly every week. 12 months past warranty, bang, all of the sudden, it just stopped working half way through the cycle and that's it!
Reading below, seems like a re-occurring theme! What a hack product, should be refunded to all as clearly not fit for its purpose! Show details

Garrieb
Garrieb

The light on our Anko model AF1006 has stopped working , how does this be removed and where can I get a replacement bulb?

Kmart   DM

Would you be able to share more information here: external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 so our team can assist further.

Bruce
Bruce

ebay

Tinny

I have an anko af-1006 and the protective wire tray handle just below the element has broken and I was wondering whether spare parts for this air fryer are available and where can I obtain them

Siem S.
Siem S.

The inner top part of the air fryer where the heating coil located bursted into fire suddenly after heating up a piece of fried chicken at 180C for 5 min. It was very scary and luckily the fire was put out within a couple of minutes. It could have been a disaster if my smoke alarm didn't alarmed me about the fire as when I took out the piece of chicken everything seemed ok and I went away. The fire suddenly broke out afterwards. Can I know is it becoming a safety issue after using the it for probably 1.5 year or so ?

Kmart   DM

We are concerned about this, would you be able to share more information here: external link  or call us on 1800 124 125 so our team can assist further.

Features

• Air fryer, benchtop oven and dehydrator in one means you can save both money and space in your kitchen
  • 10 pre-set functions: Chips, chops, prawns, baking, drumsticks, steaks, fish, chicken, dehydrate and defrost
  • 11 litre capacity provides plenty of space for most foods
  • 3-litre removable frying basket for the air frying function.

Here's what reviewers thought:

The majority of reviews on the Kmart 3-in-1 Air Fryer Oven are positive, with most people finding it easy to use and clean.

Most home chefs used this appliance for its air frying function, followed by the oven function.

Reviewers appreciated the way this 3-in-1 Air Fryer crisped their foods, and how it cooked a variety of foods. One reviewer stated they cooked everything in their air fryer from chips, chicken and hash browns to dim sims.

Some reviewers mentioned that their rotisserie and air fryer basket stopped turning sometimes, or turned very slowly or temperamentally. Some electronic glitches were also noted, with timers and the touch screen display.

However reviewers experienced good customer service from Kmart if they needed to return the product.

CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens, Air Fryers and Food Dehydrators