Klever Kleena K Bot RX-1 / 2 / 3

Klever Kleena K Bot RX-1 / 2 / 3

RX-1, RX-2, RX-2 Ultra, RX-3 and RX-3 Ultra

See the Best Robotic Pool Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poor customer support

I purchased a new K-Bot RX2 and it did not work from the start. I asked for replacement bud was told this was not there policy. They would repair the machine.

Purchased in May 2019 at Best Price Pool Equipment for $1,968.00.

Noise Level
Pool Size Average
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

Power supply let down

Unit came with house so don't know year of purchase
Problem with power supply, have been told that have to buy a new one due to being a sealed unit, the unit clearly states that it is IP44, you would equate a tea bag being somewhere around IP44.
400 to replace not happy' the unit however has been good, yes a bit heavy but fit for purpose

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Power supply rip off

On que the power supply fuse went and as its warranty ran out, I had no support from anyone other than to sell me a new unit at $400. This in my opinion is a scam by them knowing how to make half the value back post warranty. It's a standard simple power supply that can be fixed for $100 ignore the seal and get it repaired, I will not buy anything from them again due to this rip off.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Hi Flybee, Thank you for your review. We have private messaged you to try and assist with you issue. Kind Regards, The team at The Klever Kleena Company

Good cleaner

Simple unit to operate,I have a large pool and the unit cleaned all the pool in just over an hour .Did all the walls and steps so it was very effective. Easy to get out of the pool providing you rest it on a step or swim out. Trolley makes it easy to move around.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Poorly designed power cable

Because the power lead doesn't have a swivel along it the cable winds itself up and gets kinked. The robot then can't clean the pool properly as it can't pull the cable out straight. A lot of sediment falls back into the pool as you lift it out. The bag is a fiddly to clean with dirt getting caught in the corner pockets. Gave it back to the shop after 2 days. Buying a better known brand now!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Crap cleaner

This has to be one of the worst pool cleaners on the market. My came with the pool so had no choice.
There are two things that irritates me the most:

1. It doesn't clean the whole pool. The shallow and deep ends don't get cleaned. It only cleans the middle. It basically runs across the narrow part of the pool for 3 hours in the middle.
2. When you pull it out of the pool, half the dirt falls back in.

Terrible unit. Will get a different one soon. If I could I wouldn't give it any star.

Amazing job

Not long purchased this unit. My husband got it out of the box and assembled the trolley so there it was ready to go... After a week or more when it hadn't moved I took it (and the instructions) out to the pool and had it connected quite easily. Popped it in the pool, hit the power switch and it was away. Could really see where it had been lifting the dust from the tiled pool, there are special rollers for tiled pools. It went right up the walls to the waterline, along the swim out and steps and had our rectangular pool done in no time. Got it out by gently hooking it with a long handled garden weeder. Rested it upside down on the side of the pool and no debris came out. The bag was easy enough to empty and hose down. Certainly got a lot of dust out. As the skimmer box is skimming the water surface unlike our series of permanent vacuum cleaners over the years, the pool is much cleaner both on the surface and floor and walls. When job is finished, pop it on its trolley. Wind up cord and wheel away to the garage. Not too heavy to handle for a female in late 60's

Waste of money

This has a mind of its own and goes in the say place each time and doesn't cover the rest of the pool.
It as if it has got stuck and only covers the same route in the pool and that is across the narrow part and misses each end or the length of the pool. save your money and buy cheaper product.

Does what is said it word, but more

Purchased around 11th Dec, now has done 5 or 6 runs. Even gets up onto my stepped swim out, which both the dealer and I were not expecting to the do. Does an amazing job of picking up the fine sludge. Yes, a bit heavy getting out of water, so I land it onto the swim out, get in and lift out.
Did find the bag a bit awkward, put two black textra marks on both bag and machine to show correct location or refitting bag. Found letting the bag dry after cleaning makes it real easy to refit.. Read the manual after the third run and found the bit on lining up the head with the marks, which puts the float bar at a slight angle; this makes the unit 'curve' move when cleaning; seems to clean better that way, but maybe an illusion!
Happy to spend $1700 to go 3 yr warranty. I use the caddy and park in the shed when not in use, saw another one three months old and colours faded bad. My 11m x 4m rectangular concrete has tight 90 deg corners, so obviously the RX2 cant get into that, but give a couple of sweeps with brush in each corner and you can see any difference.
Tried to read a lot of reviews to decide what to buy, but only find negative reviews about most units. Please, if happy with your unit, regardless of what it is, take the time to write, that will help out the next set of purchasers and give balance!

It's good but like any machine they do need a bit of care

This is a good machine.
I use to have a sprinta with the suction hose and what a pain to back wash the filter again n again.
Anyway bought this beauty and never looked back, it's a bit of hard work like taking it to the pool, set it up, take it out of water when it's done, and it's a bit heavy but end of the day less crap going into the filter and more in the bin.
The only reason I gave it a 4 star is the price. $1200 bloody hell. Lucky I paid less than half privately brand new.

Works Well When Used Properly

The RX1 is a floor only model so don't expect it to clean up and down the walls. The cleaner works fine at first, then I started to have a few problems with the cleaner only cleaning the middle of the pool. I was advised by my local pool shop to remove the collection bag and run the cleaner without the bag. Presto, without the bag the cleaner covered the whole pool. If you wash out the collection bag regularly and occasionally clean it in the washing machine as directed in the instruction manual the cleaner works well. I have bought a second collection bag for an easy swap over.

An expensive mistake

I was sold the RX1 as ' gods gift to pool owners' but in reality it is an expensive mistake. The RX1 onbly cleans the pool bottom, not the sides, my unit does not clean the shallow end or the deep rnd of the pool, it only cleans the middle. It is so heavy that my wife cannot use it .... even I struggle tift it quickly from the water before the sand and (I live in Western Australia, very sandy) and fine dirt leak back into the pool. The bag is not easy to clean, it requires a thorough flushing and then has to be washed out in a large bucket of pool water before being refitted. At over $1000 this unit is not fit for purpose, I would have been better buying a $100 cheapo from my local pool shop and changing it each year.

I agree with tah2708

It is everything that is stated in tah2708 it is heavy and the fine dirt particles do quickly leak back into the pool before you can lift it out, it's bloody heavy and the bag is a pain to clean.
On the upside it does a great job picking up leaves> I have the bag version for this reason" Autumn is annoying for me!
If Mr Klever Kleen reads this, my bag has developed a hole, are replacement bags available, I live in Albury NSW, cost please.
I reckon the comment from "paola" posted on Dec 20.2013. His definitely a Klever Kleen rep!!

PaulStJames.

Disappointed

Only cleans a strip of the pool dosn't clean the deep end or the shallow end. is very heavy to lift out. A pain the clean the bag. Very disappointed and it cost so much. wish I had reviewed it before I bought it.
Its a nice colour though. Also thought it moved to quick to pick up debris but shoved it along. Does not do steps and despite being advertised as never getting stuck. It did often.

Less than perfect

The pool cleaner was part of the deal when we purchased our new pool . It works ok but it's very heavy when removing it from the pool. My wife and teenage boys struggle to get it out. The filter system is a bag made from some sort of fabric and is a pain to clean . Having to turn it inside out and wash it out . It sounds easy but come on Kreepy Krauly it's nearly 2014 you must be able to do better than this. I have also had problems with the power source . When pressing the power button sometimes it turns on other times it won't start. On a positive note it's cleans the pool in about 4 hrs and soes a reasonable job. We don't get leaves in our pool so I can't comment on how it would go there. If your thinking about purchasing one of these make sure you do your research as I think there would be better products on the market.