Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61

Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kumho? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.8
  • Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Greggo
GreggoSouth East Queensland, QLD

After 28000klms of use, now disappointing.

Goldie
GoldieMurray Mallee, SA

Ok for the price

I have had these tyres on my 4WD for 4 months now, and they have good points and bad. Good being they are low noise on the highway and i drive long distances to and a from work so that is a real plus but i also need to take dirt access roads to work and this is wear the tyres lack. They tend to lose traction quite easy, which is a bit of a safety concern. I think they are probably good for just highway tires and not for off road. I will be sticking with the Dunlop Grandtreks in future.

CarNissan Navara D40

Other 4WD Tyres

peter d
peter dlogan city qld

Very disappointed in dealing with Kumho

I put 4 new kl61 tyres on my twin cab ute after 4000 ks on a trip on good bitumen road a rear tyre split 2/3rds around side wall KUMHO will not accept tyre had a separation fault and said something must have come off the bitumen and hit the tyre although I am 100% sure there was nothing on the road and nothing hit the tyre the cost to me was $186 for original kumho tyre and $255 to replace at Bourke NSW with a bridgestone as they don't deal with kumhos. KUMHO FINDS EXCUSES NOT TO ACCEPT THEIR TYRES CAN HAVE FAULTS

Car2O13 ISUZU DMAX 4X4 TWIN CAB MOSTLY ONLY DRIVEN ON BITUMEN
Chris A
Chris APerth

Unsafe at any speed.

Despite having a 10 ply rating, these tyres are incredibly weak in the sidewalls. First thing I noticed was that going around a roundabout the vehicle 'lurched' a lot more. Changing the power, even slightly, in a bend makes the vehicle unpredictable, and if you take off with the steering not pointing straight ahead, the front tyres chatter. Wet weather sees them with as much grip as a teflon-coated frypan. With only a few thousand kilometres on they are now howling badly, sounds like the diffs are about to fall out. And it's not the diffs (or wheel bearings, I checked)... These tyres don't even rate the one star I was required to give.

CarToyota Landcruiser 100