2.0

2.5

rom h.
rom h.

please just no

as a former student. don’t put your child through this. every time i drive past a kumon centre i get traumatising flashbacks causing me to shake. staff are rude, belittling, and have no patience at all. but overall the disgusting environment. dirty, greasy and decaying. the setup is as if you’re attending an exam. no talking, no help. many children would enter in hysterics. forced to stop crying, and as soon as they walk out that door, back to hysterics. don’t put your child through this hell. if you loved them sit with them through it in a loving environment. not this disgusting place.
Alex B
Alex BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly recommend Kumon

My eldest has attended Kumon for 4 years. She loves it and is so excited when she goes up a level. She thrives on learning new things.

This has been a complete change from when she started.

The biggest change and thing I love about Kumon is the massive change in her concentration. She now has it as a daily routine and knows she just has to do it. Show reply

Mikayla Dixon
Mikayla Dixon2 posts

Hard work but worth it

We did Kumon for a few years while my daughter was in primary. It really helped us develop a routine for study and made a massive difference to her calculation & comprehension ability, which has a big impact on her school grades. The marking was a lot of work but ultimately worth it. My local centre has been advertising their new digital worksheets, which is apparently easier, so I might think about it for my son. They were always very friendly to both us as parents and my daughter. They communicated regularly with us and we got a lot of updates, so we always knew what the plan was. Show reply
Chandelle G.
Chandelle G.
  Fair Incentive

If your dedicated, it works

If you are dedicated to increasing your standards of learning, and understand the commitment and daily practise that Kumon offers - this tutoring system works wonderfully.

Daily routine learning within time frames, will set students up for future disciplines in the school system (tests, exams, online assessments).
If there is a lack of understanding, you can discuss with a tutor during education sessions.
Parents being involved with accountability and marking of work, will move the child forward.

Knox Kumon is a wonderful environment for our son and the tutors have been kind and helpful.
Highly recommend Knox! Show reply

Huma A.
Huma A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bugha
Bugha

worst place ever

The teachers are not kind and hate this place and shout at little kids
JA Grayson
JA GraysonSydney, NSW
  Fair Incentive

AVOID at all costs, no teaching happening here!

If I could give it 0 stars, I would. Kumon is absolutely terrible and my time at Hornsby Kumon is not one that I would recommend to anyone.. The teaching (there isn't any teaching), the worksheets are not at the level that my child needs and so your child will feel discouraged going there. Please send your child somewhere else and put your hard-earned dollars to better use.
Annabelle N.
Annabelle N.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Neha R.
Neha R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Point cook Melbourne

This is ment only for for those who are already doing well in their grade... not going to help average or below average child as it's not teaching anything innovative giving same worksheet for about a 2 months. And teaching concept at home parents needs to teach. So why we sending in this class??
anonymous
anonymousGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stressing and Traumatizing

I started kumon at the start of 2022. I was confused when they were giving me additions such as 4+3 even though they knew I was in year 6. They give the same worksheets 2 or 3 times which was dumb and worst of all is that they give you booklets to complete every single day. Late 2022 was when it started to get to me. They gave me booklets to complete during the holidays! Like what's the point of holidays if I'm going to be given homework which is so stupid of them. I kept on praying that I would quit kumon. If you really care about your child's mental health, don't enroll them to kumon. Do not recommend it.
Teaching Staff
Vj Kannan
Vj KannanSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Develops strong study habits and growth mindset

My sons started Kumon in their lower primary school. They did both Maths and English. They both are completer of English and Maths Kumon program. Kumon has developed strong study habits that helped them a lot in their senior school to stay organised and achieve great results. Both of them are so successful with one working as a doctor and another one in the formation.
The discipline of studying every day is very important for young children amidst lots of distractions. Fast mental calculation is so helpful throughout their life. Extensive reading through worksheets develops competency in literacy. Enrolling kids in Kumon is a great opportunity that we can offer our children for a bright future.
Nila
NilaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect to build a strong foundation

My two children have been doing Kumon for the last 3yrs now and I am amazed how confident they are. My daughter has developed a love for Maths and is now participating in Maths competitions at school. Highly recommend. Show reply
Tareq Haque
Tareq Haque

Israr made us proud for his success in maths!

My son Israr is going to Kumon Footscray for maths. He is now very confident and fluent in maths within a very short time. I'm so happy for his progress. Show reply
rachel b.
rachel b.2 posts
Carmel Davies
Carmel DaviesHobart, TAS2 posts

Skills for Life

My children developed study habits, independence and self correction abilities in addition to improving their academic abilities in math and English.