Laucke Crusty White Bread Mix

Laucke Crusty White Bread Mix

See the Best Breads in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Grandpa.Ears

Grandpa.Ears

Yes it's bulk white flour, but it works fine in a sourdough mix

Purchased at Coles Supermarkets for $26.00.

Jinendravb b.

Jinendravb b.Perth, WA

Best bread mix

I use it with Panasonic bread machine. This has enough salt. Add other ingredients as directed. I get perfect bread each time. No complaints. It also comes with enough yeast.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for $23.00.

Redgum32Melbourne

This batch works well

I was forced to return to Laucke breadmix after using another brand for the last two years and have been pleasantly surprised. The results speak for themselves, and I'll probably continue to use Laucke Crusty White Bread mix again as long as the quality remains consistent.

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Joanne

JoanneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Healthy option for preservative ladden commercial bread

I've used fruit, cured pork and cheese but yogurt whey makes the best bread. Not just a white bread mix so get creative, your safe as you cannot get it wrong as long as you have a nice consistency of the dough.

Nella

NellaSydney, NSW

Not the same as it used to be something has changed

I have been using the same bread mix for 30 yrs exactly the same multigrain bread mis looooved it but now have the same problem as many others crumbly bad texture.

THOMAS

THOMASWollongong nsw

Perfect bread

I have been using Lauke flour for some 20 years. I have used the Crusty White, Multi Grain and Wholemeal. For many years I used exclusive Multigrain, then I started to mix 33% Multigrain with 64% Crusty White. Provided I make the ingredients exactly as per instructions I get a perfect loaf every time. The quantities I use for this mix are for Crusty White. The bread machine I have used for many years is the Breville Bread Machine 100 (BBM100) Lately I have used the Morphy Richards machine with the separate fruit container for fruit bread. It too does an excellent job with the Lauke flour.

Nice and crunchyI

I use this in my Breville bread maker always crunchy and so light. Just the way we like it...the family love it

Small packet of Crusty White Bread

I found this bread to be good. Its light and very crusty. I usually don't have white bread, so will probably stay with Barossa Sourdough (5 stars), but well worth making occasionally.u

Fantastic bread

I saw a box of the Australian Laucke Multi-grain soy bread mixe at my local US store for a very good price, and thought I couldn't go wrong giving the bread mix a try. I have been making all my own breads for the past few decades, and this loaf did not disappoint at all. I allowed it to go through the DOUGH cycle of my bread maker, adjusting the liquid and flour a bit and then baked it off in my gas oven. It made a wonderful, toothsome bread, for no work at all! I also bought the Sourdough Rye mix, and I'll be making that next.

Masterchef

MasterchefCentral, SA

Beautiful sandwich best I have ever made

Yeast quantity in sachet of crusty white bread.

I am yeast intolerant,how much yeast is in the 600 gram sachet? The list on the sachet list yeast but not how much. Thank you in anticipation ( mrs j niven) australia

Ralph

RalphAdelaide

German grains laucke bread

Followed the instructions to the letter, ended up with a door stop brick.the dough was over wet, instructions say to use 460 mls of water for 600 grams of bread mix, something is wrong.

Tina

TinaWestern District, VIC

Gluten Free Bread

Bought Laucke brand gluten free bread mix on a recommendation. I followed the instructions to the letter, did not deviate in anyway shape or form. I have had the same awful result every single time; very doughy result. I tried hand baking, machine baking (to the packet instructions) all to no avail with the same doughy consistency result. It seems there was too much liquid, however, I persisted as per packet instructions. What a total and utter waste of time, effort and money. Going to find another brand.

Yeast

Been using the same bread mix for 17 years without a problem but now cannot make a decent loaf using your yeast. I changed to another brand in frustration n Lo n behold back to lovey bread again
This it not good enough especially after reading other reviews that people have the same problem, it's time you addressed this and sorted it out.

Terrible terrible terrible!

I've made 2 batches of bread with the lauckes 10kg multigrain flour and the first one didn't rise at all and smelt foul. I gave it to my dogs. I measured everything precisely and followed directions step by step. The kneading was horrible. The dough was tough and sticky and very stringy. Not like proper dough at all. Secondly I thought maybe the recipe I used was bad so i followed Jamie ollivers simple recipe to a tee and had the same experience! Dough turned out exactly the same! I'm very sad to see all these bad reviews and people stating the bread flour has changed all of a sudden and i tell you what you can definitely notice it!

I have a solution

I also have been using Lauckes flour for over 30 years and have loved the product and the taste and late last year it just wasn't rising properly and the top was collapsed.
I have been in contact with Lauckes who say there is no problem.
Their product doesn't seem to have enough gluten in it so having exhausted all other options I tried adding 20g of gluten flour to the mix and now have a perfect loaf again
Lauckes told me in theory this shouldn't be right but in practice it works.

RobynF

RobynFSA, 5213

My bread doesn't work any more

I've been making bread with Laucke flour for 20 years with no problems. However over the last few months, every loaf I've made has been too crumbly and doesn't hold together. I've tried 10kg bags of crusty white, wholemeal and german grain and they all result in a crumbly loaf. I'm not doing anything different, so it must be the flour. I also tried using another brand of yeast, not the yeast that comes with the flour, and this didn't help either. I've given up and now use Allied Mills flour - perfect loaf every time. Very disappointed I can't use local SA flour any more.

Tishy

TishyArmadale

Poor product, even poorer customer service.

I am an experienced baker. I purchased the gluten free bread mix, and followed the instructions exactly. The bread did not rise a bit. I would suggest the yeast is inactive.
I contacted the company. They asked twice for information already provided. No apology. No explanation. No investigation into their product.

Yeast

The yeast is not up to standard anymore.I have had the same problem.I use Tandaco yeast now instead.I wasted so much bread mix!

DEB G

Fantastic until last bag purchased

Have used Crusty White for years with good results. 465g to 300ml of water works for me.
Just lately something is going wrong and it isn't rising as before and it can only be the flour
Laucke took some for testing and said it was ok for them
They are replacing the bag though
Have used another brand and batch with no problems