LG Australia

LG Australia

See the Best Appliance Brands in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

French Door Fridge

Bought an Lg French door drive just over 2 years ago. The bottom shelf just above the crisper trays sits in a very thin flimsy frame which also holds the crisper trays.
It is not strong enough and has broken and despite tying to glue it back together it is so flimsy it just keeps falling apart. Seems to become very brittle with the cold temperatures. Certainly not strong enough to hold any weight. When you remove the whole assembly to clean the fridge it is so weak that it will break easily no matter how careful you are without any weight on it at all. Very poor quality and design.

Store LocationGoodguys Oxenford Gold Coast

LG Quad wash dishwasher

I purchased a LG Quad wash dishwasher on the 1st of July 2019 from the Good Guys Store in Penrith, NSW, Australia. After installation the dishwasher did not heat the water. I ran every cycle and eventually after a few days the ‘HE’ Heating circuit fault symbol appeared. I rang the Manager of Good Guys store and he said I should contact LG customer service. I telephoned Customer Service numerous times and several times was asked to hold a press buttons on the dishwasher to fix the problem. This did not work. Finally I spoke to someone in Customer Service who organised a repair company to replace the HEATING ELEMENT [May I say in a brand new unit.] Meanwhile two weeks have passed and I have a LG Quad Wash Dishwasher that is not functioning. The service company contacted me to organise a day to replace the part. I consequently took a day off work. The morning of the repair the service company rang me and explained that the part that they needed to repair the dishwasher was on back order and could take up to two weeks to be delivered. I once again rang Customer Service asking to speak to a case manager, only to be told once again that they were on the phones. I asked the customer service person if they could check when the part would arrive at the service company but unfortunately they couldn’t give me a definite time frame after speaking to the spare-parts department. I once again asked to speak to a case manager and once again they were occupied on the phones. Out of sheer frustration I asked the receptionist if she could get a case manager to contact me as soon as possible so that we could come to some resolution.
I then rang the Good Guys Penrith and spoke to the store Manager, where I purchased the LG Quad Wash Dishwasher and explained the situation, that I had made numerous phone calls and that I had been without an operating dishwasher for 15 days. I also explained that I had received NO Customer Service, that I had no time frame for the replacement Heating Element and that I had not been contacted personally by the case manager about this situation. The replied that he would contact LG directly and that I would have a replacement Quad Wash Dishwasher delivered the next morning; 16th of July 2019. I feel if it wasn’t for the Manager of the Good Guys Penrith I would still be waiting for a resolution.
I did lots of research before purchasing this LG product. I read that it was one of the most energy and water efficient dishwashers on the market, coupled with the steam function.
After the unprofessional treatment I received from LG CUSTOMER SERVICE, I am hesitant to recommend your products.
I feel that I should have some type of compensation, after using electricity, dishwashing products, taking time off work, ringing Customer Service on numerous occasions wasting my valuable time. I expect that my LG Quad Wash Dishwasher warranty commence on the 16th of July 2019.

Store LocationGood Guys Penrith NSW Australia

Warranty ? What warranty !

We purchased an LG Robot vacuum & whilst it did a marvelous job, the sweep brushes fell apart after 2 months. LG took a week to decide that there was no warranty and messaged a phone number for spare parts. Then after ordering spare parts they changed their mind & said their warranty people would be in contact, so we canceled the spare parts & are still waiting for their people to contact us & am waiting for a reply to an email I sent via their convoluted way of hindering contact with their customers.
The brushes with postage cost about $55.00 so if they have a 2 month life span, the product is useless.

Store LocationOnline

The absolute worse customer experience ever

I have a washer dryer that is less than 1 year old and has never worked properly. LG has sent repairers in 4 times already, and it still doesn’t work. Repairs don’t know what else to do and LG refuses to replace it. No respect at all from their attendants.

LG Warranty

I have an LG stainless direct drive dishwasher with a ten years warranty which has broke down and LG will not come to the party to repair! Poor customer service!

Extremely short life on premium line washing machine

I paid $1700 3.5 years ago for the top of the range LG front loading washing machine, which now (in such a ridiculously short time) needs a new motor, bearings and seals. The LG recommended repairer came to look at it and diagnosed it within 2 minutes as it is the third one he has seen this week. Apparently the rear seal to the bearings has worn, letting in water which has stripped the lubrication to the bearings. This has put strain on the motor and worn it out. Despite the motor being covered by a 10 year parts warranty, the repair bill is $800 even with motor being supplied by LG free of charge. The thing is, I asked what would cause the seal to wear given the machine is only 3.5 years old... and the answer is that if the machine is overloaded that this pulls the drum downwards which causes the wear. We do not run large loads in this machine and have only used half the 10kg rated capacity (on cotton) based on the machines own readings (it checks the load size at the start of each wash - we are smaller load-frequent load users). So basically the machine's actual capacity is no where near 10kgs.... not terribly happy as definitely not fit for purpose and LG get to advertise a 10 year warranty on the motor probably knowing that the costs associated with labour and other parts means they will never have to cough up. The 10 year warranty on the motor also implies that the machine should have a useful life of at least that length... which it most certainly doesn’t with normal or even careful use. I’ll never buy LG or recommend LG again with that kind of quality when paying such a large amount. Dissapointed.

Store LocationHarvey Norman

Poor quality. Atrocious service.

I bought a French door ice maker fridge in 2016. 1 month out of warranty the runners snapped off the plastic runners.
It was a big effort to get draw replaced by LG.
Gradually the plastic draws, runners, shelves all cracked or broke off .
After many letters to LG they wouldn't help with this poor quality .
I went to Domayne to see if they could help, they tried many times going to the LG rep with no help there either. The rep wouldn't even ring me.
Very poor service an then after only 3 years the fridge just died. I was lucky we had the extended warranty.
I researched all fridges to buy a new one with metal runners and solid shelves, with water and ice in the outside door.
Unfortunately the only one who had my requirements was a $9000. LG signature fridge.
We really didn't want to buy a LG again.
And you would of thought spending this sort of money on their high end product would of give you high end service!
But no they were dreadful, never letting me know when fridge was coming never answering their phone, I was waiting 11/4 hours and they still didn't pick up.
[name removed] from Domayne was trying to get me answers ,and he even had a fall out with the LG rep. He was excellent ringing me every day, sent me a loan fridge.
And he couldn't find out when I was going to get my fridge. They took from the 5th to the 22nd to get this with next to no correspondence.
I have it now but would never buy a LG product again.

August 6th 2019 Update: Poor service and bad quality

I bought a French door ice maker water in door 2016, just out of warranty the wheels snapped off vegetable draws.
We fought to get these replaced with Lg and only a year later all wheels have snapped off shelves broken or cracked we have written numerous times to LG with no help with replacing these.
I even went back to Domayne to ask for help and the tried going though the LG rep, still no help. I asked for a call and the rep never rang me.
Then in June the fridge stopped working, thank goodness we had a extended warranty. I then researched fridges trying to find one in the market with metal runners and solid wheels and shelves, plus ice maker and water in front of door.
Unfortunately the only one we could find was a Lg signature. I didn't want to buy lg again but at $9000. I thought we may get a stronger fridge.
I could not believe the atrocious service we received from Lg. They never picked up phone calls, once I waited 11/4 hours and they still never picked up!
I had michael from domayne gold coast trying to help and ended up giving me a.Loan fridge. Lg took weeks to give me my fridge with not one pick up when I tried ringing for 2 weeks.
[name removed] also went through the Lg rep and this ended in her not talking to him.
I will never buy a Lg product again.
And can not recommend the company to anyone who is reading this.

Store LocationDomayne Bundall
Hi Kez, We're sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not something we want our customers to go through. Could you please private message your contact details and someone will be in contact with you to discuss this further. LG Customer Care AustraliaKovensbrown@hotmail.com

Absolute disgrace, LG do NOT stand by there products, very dissapointing.

Reviews conducted by incompetent, abusive, condescending overseas call centres. No matter what paperwork i produced it was never enough for LG to take responsibility & stand by their 10 year warranty even though the fridge model had only been in circulation for a max 8 years. I will never buy an LG product again & will be strongly discouragingly anyone i know to also stay clear.

LG Smart TV - Terrible Performance. Constant Internet Dropouts. Last LG product I ever buy.

I bought an LG smart tv from Harvey Norman Corio (Victoria) 3 years ago. I have had constant problems with connectivity to internet. Have tried multiple fixes and upgrades to wireless router, software, but nothing ever permanently fixes the problem. The internet connection will repeatedly drop out, and then the TV will not even recognise the wireless router - or any other wireless router. I have called the LG helpline on multiple occasions, to be faced with endless delays and ridiculous excuses and the usual solution which is to turn everything off - in the entire house - leave it for half an hour and restart. It doesn't work, but this is the LG fix.

I did an internet search on the issue. It is clear from the number of articles/youtube videos that this is a constant problem with LG televisions.

I will be upgrading in a couple of months and LG will NOT be getting repeating business.

Store LocationCorio Victoria

Minus one star

Wish I had read these reviews before buying their washer/dryer. It is very loud and noisy. The promotional cashback will not be issued until the last day. Am still waiting after 6 weeks and they keep saying it will take up to 10weeks. For $100 cashback? Seriously?? Don’t be fooled by false gimmicks! Their customer service is of no service!

Customer service is frustratingly infuriating

I have rung customet service 3 times about my lg stick vacuum cleaner's auxillary charger not working, despite all the tedious explanations, like, "did I try this, that, etc". I kept saying that whatever I tried, it still wasn't charging, yet it worked well before. All of the customer service operaters didn't seem to get the fact that I had tried every possible manouvre to test it. I can't seem to get through to them. I don't believe that lg should employ offshore operaters, when they can't seem to understand simple and basic English.

Worse company - Worse products - Worse support

I bought LG side by side fridge from The Good guys, also paid for extra 3 years of extended warranty. The fridge stopped cooling just exactly few months out of warranty. Rang customer care explained them the situation, they refused to help. No appreciation for being loyal customer as I bought 70inch TV and a 42inch TV and a washing machine all LGs, They simply dont care about your hard earned money. Samsung is much better, they sent a technician twice to fix my washing machine even when it was out of warranty.

Store LocationThe good guys Thomastown

LG Worst customer care services I ever dealt with!!!

Had a smart tv broken under warranty three weeks ago & customer care name [name removed] keeps telling me they are just waiting for approval for the credit or other remedies? That was last week ago and everytime I ring customer care they keep saying will ring you back within 24-48 hours? Which they never do. I always had to do the following up. The worst customer care i ever dealt with.Below is what my tv looks like with lines on the middle right. LG Technician took the tv already but still no tv replacement. Hope the CEO of LG knows what is going with customer care with all of these complaints???

Store LocationHarvey Norman Liverpool

NEVER PURCHASE LG

LG Fridge was delivered 5 weeks ago, was cleaning out the fridge and removed a shelf to find the internal lining of the fridge is cracked, Called LG customer care, was offered no support, I have had to make all the contact. Now due to were the crack is it would appear that this was in place when the fridge was delivered and now they are trying to replace just the door, I am sorry LG but this is not good enough, I would like my whole fridge to be replaced. Never again will i or my family and friends purchase a LG product again. Disgusting customer service

Store LocationRutherford Domayn

Really bad experience with LG product & service

I have purchased LG Refrigerator a year before from Harvey Norman along with a 3 years extended warranty, suddenly stopped working within a year of purchase.(model GS-L668PNL).
Informed Harvey Norman & they advised to call LG as it’s still under manufacturer warranty, after long stress getting connected to the right department.
I called LG service & a technician came in to my home & told the main board needs to be changed & I need to pay for it, as it has happened because of cockroaches.
The sad thing is how is that main board not sealed & also what should I do to take care of cockroaches not entering the board which is on top of the fridge.
I have lost around $1000/- of food stored in the fridge & freezer.
I am extremely unhappy with the LG team not fixing the issues till now ie., almost 2 months for now.
And LG says they can’t be covered by warranty

And I don’t have fridge to store food to feed my two little kids at home, I'm still fighting to get back my losses & get the fridge working to normal or refund.

I am going to legal to get justice

I have trusted LG & using their products since many years.. but got to know their worst thing about their service.

I'm never going to buy any more LG products & also share my sad stories to all my neighbours so they don’t become a prey to this sort of service in mere future

Store LocationHARVEY NORMAN CHADSTONE VICTORIA

Customer service is terrible

Have been trying to get my freezer door fixed since January and my washing machine since late april. The freezer door has a bubble in it and the washing machine will either pour water out the back or not wash the clothes properly Customer service just sends me around in circles always waiting for something or its the service centres fault yada yada yada. Just ridiculous how terrible they can treat customers

Substandard quality produce; very poor customer service

Tumble dryer purchased in October 2015 (LG TD-C8031E 8kg condenser dryer; $938). In October 2018 dryer started to malfunction intermittently. Timer would count down to 11 minutes, then remain on that time for over an hour. At end of cycle (over 2 hours), clothes still wet and hot to touch.
LG contacted in late April this year (as dryer still under statutory warranty). Repairman attempted to fix dryer, without success. LG contacted again, with repair firm picking up dryer and returning it two weeks later. Dryer still malfunctioning. LG offered to settle for $601. Offer refused, as Australian Consumer Law provides three remedies: repair of dryer; replacement of dryer; or refund.
LG now refusing to return calls, even though they were promised. Nine weeks after raising issue, still not resolved. Application to resolve issue has been lodged in Victorian Consumer and Administrative Tribunal.
Very poor quality product, with even worse customer service.

Store LocationThe Good Guys at Brighton

Blue Screen

Purchased a new 65" LED LG TV 4 months ago from JB's and the screen has just shut down. I'm very disappointed as this is the first LG Product I have purchased in over 12 years and its let me down in just a
couple of months. The oversea's operator was hard to understand and unapologetic to the fact that I'm now without a TV and having to take a day off work for a fault that my or may not be warranty depending on advice from the technician. Based on the outcome in 4 days time this could be the very last LG Product I Purchase

Store LocationJB HIFI Joondalup
since my first comment LG customer service has gone down hill and the repair technician keeps stalling but the good news is JB HIFI has agreed to replace the unit with another brand. I will put the whole experience behind me and never look twice at the LG product

Worst company to deal with after service is bad

Have lg fridge paid for
Extended warranty my fridge has gas/compressor issue have service man out twice water dispenser also has issue I requested refund or replacement now I’m left sitting limbo there again wanting to send it to service team
Lost so much food did all needed for claim food loss still not had reply

Store LocationBetta electrical

LG 75 inch 4 K TV - Worse ever customer service!!!

I purchased an LG TV for $5,500 which was an expensive purchase for me. 6 months later the TV does not work. I have phoned the LG service and support center 32 times and been on hold for a total of 10 hours over the last 2.5 weeks with still no resolution. I asked for a replacement, provided the receipt and serial number and still no decision. I am at a point where I don't know where to turn next. The service center is offshore and they really don't want to help. JB HiFI where I bought it from, state they would call the service center as well, so no advantage for me to hand over to them as they would be 2.5 weeks behind my inquiry.
I am looking for some help to gain a resolution, that is, replace the expensive TV I have bought and now going into the 3rd week of time consuming phone calls I seek your help.

Store LocationJBHIFI