LG G6

LG G6

MPN: KHLGG6D32BLK

Not recommend

Start working slowly after 1.5 years of use and the apps do not run smoothly after the update. The camera quality and display are quite good. However, It has a bad durability. Not recommend this product!

Purchased in January 2018 at Kogan.com for $799.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

Top Value for money Mobile

Hate to think how many Smart phones I have now owned all I can say for value for money this would have to be the best. Camera is great & all over the phone dose everything my iphone or samsung dose.Just wish these phones from all manufacturers could do something better with the displays in sunlight. anyway big tick from me.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great value for money

I had the LG G5 and after 2 years the battery was getting to near the end of its life. Bad experiences with fake branded batteries and a couple of hundred dollars in vouchers made upgrading to the LG G6 an option.

It does everything well and I use both sims as I use this for my personal phone and my work phone. The size is good and while it isn't a quantum leap forward in any way compared to the LG G5, is still a reasonable upgrade. I was expecting the camera would be a little better than the G5 but I think it is a minor step backwards. The lack of an IR blaster and lack of contactless charging seem odd for a premium phone (Australian spec phones); however 4GB RAM and 64GB memory mean it is a good performer and I don't need a memory card for my music (which is good as I need the second SIM card). I keep my LG G5 with wireless apps and IR remote for my cameras so the old phone is still in use but not as a phone. Happy!

Other things - good screen and easy to read. Call quality is good but I seem to not hear a lot of phone calls - that's probably me rather than the phone.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Good phone alternative to Samsung

I bought LG G6 because i'm bored with Samsung. Camera is good, but probably is a good idea to change it to manual mode to adjust accordingly., Good display, good screen size and much stronger battery life than G5. Good speaker which is located near charging port. Good security features and you can upgrade it to Android 8.1 now.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Worth buying

My hubby is using this phone quite happy with it but not having an excellent camera but good with other features and affordable, battery last long. overall not an excellent phone but hey what you pay you get it accordingly we paid around $600 its a good bargain. I would definitely recommend it.

APPALLING

Will never go near LG again after my experience with this phone and dreadful customer service!!!! Was locked out by Norton security somehow and billions of calls later, you know what I mean!, got absolutely nowhere! Just had to suck up the loss!!!!
Extremely dissatisfied as you can imagine!
This sort of thing happens all too often!
Furious!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great phone

Went with this over the samsung s 8. Sure it's a poor mans version but the camera is so good. Love taking 3 D shots and using it for my wall paper. Had a china android phone before this and GPS was driving me nuts. LG g6 working GPS has improved my life by 137%

Brilliant phone

This has been my favorite phone! I purchased this a year ago and it works brilliantly. The battery is fantastic, it lasts all day and I use it all day too, mostly for surfing the net.
The photos are excellent and the water resistance brilliant too. I also had an LG G4 which was very good - amazingly thin and light but the battery wasn't the best. This was a huge leap forward. The price was excellent - I paid $650 online after it had been on the market for about 2 months. It retails usually for $1000 so I feel like I got a bargain. I like to buy high spec budget phones so I can change them more regularly rather than buy a high end phone like iphones and the S9. I'm planning on getting either the LG G7 next or the ONE PLUS 6 which are in this league of excellent budget smartphones.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

3 months before it died, super slow to repair

Had a Lg g2, super phone. Got Lg g6, died in 3 months time. Black screen, unresponsive and very hot. 3 weeks later still no phone, awaiting repairs. Unacceptable for such an expensive phone. Very sad as was such an LG fan. I think if a new phone dies within such a short time frame, 3 weeks and still no phone is super frustrating and unacceptable.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Sucks on all aspects

Camera is really poor, can't adjust for light at all. Overexposes and is all milky and fuzzy. OLD android is SO much better on a image. Too big to fit into a pocket, won't stay in a shirt pocket, slips out due to super smooth case, so thin it will crack upon the first drop. Why spend money on a thin slippery phone and spend $100 extra for glass protection and a rubber case? audio is poor, very little vol. control. All callers sound like they are talking through a comb with tissue paper wrapped over the comb. Signal strength is maybe 1 to 2 bars when you stand next to a cell phone tower.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great LG Phone

The LG G9 is a great smartphone made by LG. It has an amazing camera, the camera app has a lot of customization to make your snapshot just that bit better. This is known as the first LG phone to have water resistance. The battery on the G6 is normal, it'll last you if you aren't a heavy app user. The UI is amazing to use as most android systems. The dual camera is the highlight of this mobile and I loved using it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Excellent phone at a good price

This is my third LG phone, but I almost didn't make it to 3rd base with LG. I became an LG convert after the purchase of my G2, a great smartphone; good form factor, superb battery life, and a quality build. The only shortcoming was its lack of storage, but that did not worry me as I did not need much. It was so great I was able to skip the G3, but by the time the G4 came around it was showing it's age.

I had no hesitation jumping into a G4, but the experience was like going from the Sea of Tranquillity to the Sea of Disappointment. Terrible battery life, poor form factor, known motherboard fault, terrible camera, and a silly circle case app idea. So when it finally came time to upgrade from the G4 I was planning a brand exit. The G5 was looking like a lemon with its component architecture concept. The G6 had also came in for criticism because it did not use the top of the range processor and because LG divided phone features across different models for different global markets.

However after much due diligence, it looked like a decent phone, so I ended up purchasing a dual SIM version with the built-in Hi-Fi DAC. I have owned this phone for about 5 months now and I'm delighted to say it has restored my confidence in LG. I am not noticing any impact from using a smaller processor, it does the job well. If you haven't used a phone before with a Hi-Fi DAC then I highly recommend it, music sounds great, but it only works with headphones plugged in, which makes sense. The battery life on the G6 is greatly improved over that of the G4, so it should be. The form factor is the best, you get large screen real estate but the phone does not feel large and is easy to handle or carry. The camera is superb and is rated as one of the best in reviews. The phone feels like a quality device.

The key disappointment I have is that it's still running on Android 7 when 8 has been on the market for some time now. This the phone does not have wireless charging like the US version, which is disappointing considering the G3 had this. LG have also moved the volume buttons back to the side of the case, where is in previous models they are on the rear. I enjoyed having them on the rear and had gotten used to that, it’s not really an issue now that I have adjusted to them on the side again, but I thought it was a nice feature as it was easier to adjust call volume midway through a call.

All in all an excellent phone and great value for money when compared to the others on the market.

Great Android Phone

Great undervalued Android flagship phone. Has a built in DAC / AMP so can run high end audiophile headphones. Additional storage space is easily accommodated by a provision for an external sd card. The rear camera on this phone is awesome as the second lens is in a dedicated wide angle mode which makes capturing the moment even more unique. If looking at purchasing an Android phone this unit is really good value for the price.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very good phone considering price.

The LG G6 is very cheap when you compare it to other brands flagship devices. The camera is great for the price and LG allows a lot of customization through their camera app. The UI is very clean and doesn't have much bloat ware or unneeded apps. The phone is quick and speedy in opening apps. The battery life is pretty good, basically standard (think an S8 or iPhone X) and allows a full days use normally. The specs are good if your into that. I also want to comment on LG's great customer support, I had a problem and they fixed it promptly.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great device for price

Great camera built in, real quality pictures and functions. Phone costed about half the standard price of the leading brands of other smartphones available on market at the time of purchase. Cant fault the phone at all definitely better than the previous LG G4 by a long shot. Device follows me everywhere

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Impressive specs for a great price!

Purchased this device in August 2017 as a birthday gift for my mum, being lured in by the superb reviews of its camera quality (of which mum direly needed), and it did not disappoint! The double lens with wide angle has proved immensely useful, and the images appear as vibrant and crispy as I could ever expect from a phone, noticeably better than my Oneplus 3T. The build quality is immaculate too, the picture's don't do it justice! Looking online, one notices the rather thick bezels surrounding the screen when compared to say, a Galaxy S8, but holding one in person is a completely different experience! Go into an optus or telstra store and feel one up, then after you fall in love, go buy it online because they'll rip you off :)

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Not too bad.

Bought the G6 from overseas @ $600 while Harvey Norman listed price @ $10xx. Duel SIM is handy. Switching between dual SIM is easy (one button operation). Camera is ok, not as good as iPhone 8 or Nexus 6P. But wide angle is very handy - for both front and rear. Battery is decent.

Excellent Affordable Phone

Purchased phone in Sep 17 over Ebay via Vaya store (listed price $659). This is an excellent phone with high end features. The photos from the camera are just amazing especially the wide angle camera. I also like the waterproof feature and the video quality The icons on the settings are easy to use. I also inserted SD card for extra memory

Date PurchasedSep 2017

A good phone, but not perfect

At first, I purchased this phone because of the rave reviews about the camera but maybe because this set high expectation I was underwhelmed when I actually got to test it out.
In some situations, such a scenery, it works wonders, especially with the wide angle lens.
But for general day to day photos, particularly when taking portraits, the image tends to be blurry.
No other qualms with it otherwise.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Not perfect, though happy with it

I purchased the LG G6 Dual Sim 64GB (H870DS) model from MobileCiti for around $600. This model will take 2 x SIM cards or a SIM card + a microSD card. It also sacrifices wireless charging for a Hi-Fi Quad DAC Audio feature. I am happy with this model considering what I paid for it (in comparison to flagship mobiles from other brands), though would have personally preferred wireless charging over DAC Audio.

I usually purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note, though wasn't wanting to spend $1,000+ and found the Galaxy S8 to look a bit boring, which is why I decided to try something different.

What I like: Rear fingerprint reader, always on display, tap to wake display, the QHD display itself, reasonably fast performance wise, LG software is reasonably uncluttered, wide angle camera lens can come in handy, small bezel, IP68 water resistance, headphone jack, microSD card support.

What I dislike: No option to have soft button bar hide in all applications, camera is alright though not as good as Samsung's, wide angle lens doesn't have autofocus or OIS.

Date PurchasedDec 2017