LG GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser)

LG GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser)

MPN: GBW450UPLX

Top brand and reliable

Lg fridges are reliable and well designed. They suit Australian standards and condition. Easily cleaned and maintained. The finished product is first class
Maintains temperature set and recycles efficiently. Very happy with the product.

Purchased in June 2011 for $1,400.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

broken down after only purchasing 12 months ago

Fridge broken down in Summer after purchasing 1 year ago, 3 weeks after contacting LG we are still waiting for it to be fixed. We lost over $400 worth of food due to the heat and broken fridge and are now living out of a mini bar fridge. No word on when the parts will arrive and the fridge fixed.
Will not purchase nor recommend an LG brand appliance again after this.

Purchased in February 2018 at Appliances Online.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

It’s so loud!

We have had this fridge for 8 months and it’s loud intermittent buzzing noises can be heard through our whole townhouse. We were used to popping and cracking noises that our old Fisher and Paykel bottom mount used to make but this is next level.

Just two days ago we finally broke and got a technician in from LG to see if something was wrong with the machine. We had tried earlier but our email was ingnored. The technician couldn’t find anything so we are stuck with it for as long as we can bare. Although Choice magazine rates LG fridges highly I certainly couldn’t recommend this one.

Purchased in July 2018.

Love it

Recently got it. Absolutely love it. Looks great. Started cooling after 1 hour of being plugged in. Very quiet. Don't understand the fuss about water dispenser, it can be very easily pulled out, filled and placed back in. Pull out drawer is also very convenient. To top all that, it has a great energy rating. Great value for money. Highly recommend it.

GB-W450UPLX

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Purchased for Plumb-Free option but not as great an idea.

I purchased this fridge online as the quotes I was getting to connect plumbing to the water dispenser to my fridge was between $400 - $600. I wish I studied as a plumber instead of going to university for 8 years.

You cannot fill the container to the advertised capacity as the lid does not sit flush and starts to leak into the bottom shelf. The second problem is the way the water dispenser sits inside the door. As it takes up 1/3 of the primary door shelf space, you can only fit a 3 ltr milk jug on either side of it and little else. There is a small space right under the dispenser on the same shelf but the way the dispenser gradually juts out you cannot use it for anything thicker than a choclate bar. But forget it as you need the hands of child to pry it out or have to remove something on either side to push it out.

Refilling the water dispenser container is a real pain. There is little space to maneuver when filling the container. You need to get yourself a gardening can with a long flute as a normal bottle or even a cup will cause you to spill due to the small size and ackward position of the container.

Given the loss of door shelf space you need to always use the folding shelf in the fridge for any tall items. So this also reducing the amount of space you have in the fridge. The spacing of the shelves, which are fixed, are also too close together and the space between each of the top shelves is the same. So if your pasta sauce will not fit standing on the top shelf, dont bother to try to fit in the other 2 shelves under it as they are all the same height. You need to lay it down or put it on the bottom shelf.

If you are looking for an alternative to plumbing in a fridge, this product from LG is not for you. I have had to keep my old fridge for the lost space due to poor design of this one

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great Fridge

We recently purchased this fridge and it is fantastic- I would highly recommend it to anyone. We love the ice dispenser and it has so much room. It is only new but so far has been really easy to clean and look after and it is super quiet. The temperature is good in all compartments

Date PurchasedJun 2018

This is perfect

Quiet so easy to clean great tempreture best thing i brought love it awesome awesome
Awesome awesome awesome love it so much.........:......... yay so happy Thanks heaps omg so happy and excited cant be any more happier then i am absolutely love my new fridge thanks heals best thing i got

Date PurchasedMay 2016

very efficient fridge

Very happy with my lg w450uplx. Relatively quiet and keeps things fresh for longer.The water dispenser is a bit cumbersome to use and i would not recommend buying the fridge with a water dispenser as it takes up space inside the fridge where 2 bottles would fit.Overall a great fridge and uses very little power compared to my old fridge

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great fridge

Easy to clean
Quiet I change the temperature if I need to
It’s spacious
So happy that I bought this fridge
A lot of people told don’t buy Lg but trust nothing can beat this fridge it does have a nice finish
Bought it from Harvey Norman Taren point with the washing machine so many thanks to Andrew.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Shocking discusted

I got this fridge in January 2018 on rent to own basis nothing but problems food in freezer kept filling with ice rang lg they sent tech guy out he took photos and said there is a problem left it for a few days rang them and the tech guy told them there wasn't a problem I argued the point with lg because at that point I had to throw all food out so lg sent another tech out, he said motherboard needs replacing job took few days to be put through. I rang lg they kept brushing me off and after all week of ringing lg they told me basically it's not there problem it is the rental company and to further add salt to my wounds they sent me an email stating they would be compensating me but renigged and are not going to compensate me I am discusted about how I've been treated by LG I will never buy an lg product ever again lg shame on you.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Disapointed, very disapointed in LG

In the last 10 - 20 years Korean goods improved so much that now they're first point of consideration for many. I can't call myself loyal to any brand, but most of the time would give Samsung and LG priority when considering appliances as it is hard to beat their value for money.
We were looking for medium size fridge for small family (3 people). And it was hard to pass LG GB-W450UPLX for value for money and energy efficiency, and perhaps some aspects of warranty. The price was right. We ordered one.
It arrived in time and we were all excited. That was short-lived. Next day my wife pointed out that all vegetables in crisper frozen and need to be disposed. That's around $40 of produce. I jumped on LG website to call service department, but there is troubleshooting logic you need to go thru before you can log a call. Fair enough. The procedure recommended to increase temperature in the fridge. Lovely, this model has beautiful, shiny electronic temperature and other functions panel at the front and I flipped fridge temperature from +3 to +4C. On the weekend we did all our weekly shopping again and on Monday my wife tells me that all vegetables are frozen and she had to dispose them. Going thru LG guide again, increasing temperature by 1C to 5C. Well, after a month of LG recommended troubleshooting, approx $200 to $300 worth of lost food I reached maximum configurable temperature in the fridge: +7C. Nah, everything still freezes. By now LG site let me proceed thru and register alleged fault. Week later, on Saturday I got a call from someone whose English wasn't that easy to understand and was "not friendly" in general claimed that they're from LG and asked me all questions that I've already provided while logging call on LG site and said that someone will arrange an inspection within a week. Within a week LG tech came in, literally pulled the whole fridge apart and said that there is a part that is broken, was never working and he need to order one. I suggested that I waited long enough and lost enough money to actually get a new fridge as the one I got is DOA. He said that he is only a tech and I need to contact LG. Mind you, it is not that easy. After I had enough I contacted Appliances Online - the place I bought fridge from, told them the story and asked for replacement. Well, that was another rocky road as LG would not talk to them as well.
After 3 months of losses and numerous amounts of communications Appliances Online took ownership of situation and credited the purchase. Big thumbs up to Stuart from AO!
I know, we should not judge an appliance by single fault... However, I did not expect LG to be that bad in honouring something that is basic of consumer rights in Australia.
My review score based not only what I think about this particular fridge model which may not deserve that poor rating, but LG as corporation that is ultimately responsible for their products.
Based on my experience with LG I will think twice next time before considering their product. Funny I say that, because Samsung which was in my eyes not that different from LG has awesome support (from personal experience). We ended up buying similar looking Samsung fridge from the Appliances online and happy so far.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Smart Use of Storage Space

We needed to replace our reliable old Samsung 488 litre due to broken shelves. Not many current model fridges would fit in our kitchen's fridge cavity without protruding excessively into the room. This was one of the shallowest we could find, but had 38 litres less volume. Our big concern was, would we still be able to fit as much into it?

Well, we can fit more! The interior storage is very smartly designed and maximises use of the available interior volume.The freezer bins store pretty much every thing we need, and a little bit more. Ideal for a family up to 4 people.
The fridge is quite, access is excellent, temperature control is easy to use, stainless steel doors do not mark. Ours does not have the water dispenser.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

This is great fridge when your got ice and water any time plenty of room

This fridge is great such a big fridge kids got plenty of cold water plenty of ice for my drink and great on power these lg you can’t go past them value for money u got so much frezza space you won’t believe the room to u own one it’s a must

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Average fridge

After a few years its leakinh when its consensastuon and its humid leaking all over the floor but overall ik fridge and would vuy this is ok when we need to inspect the fridges before we buy them and makw sure the warranty holds up because the food fuys dont

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Perfect space saver and ultra quiet

I replaced my Fisher and Paykel
Was worries as never used LG fridge before.
But I made best decision
Is ultra quiet
Loads of space
Shelf stacks back
Have ice maker compartment
Fits in nicely
Does not have huge handles
Beautiful stainless steel finish
Has LED lights
Freezer has compartments

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Overall pretty average

It does maintain a good temperate, although the settings are either freezing cold with ice or not cold enough there is no in between. The finish is very nice and easy to clean although it does get scratches easily and they are very obvious. The fridge is very spacious! Love the freezer.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Awesome

Really amazing. It has made my life great. The way it keeps my food fresh is unprecedented, the freezing mechanics can not be understated Internal has a very good size with loads of freezer space. It's small on the outside but big on the inside!
It's got CHOICE awards. Compare to other fridges within the price range, this one uses much…

Date PurchasedJul 2016

amazing

I purchased this fridge approximately 4 months ago and have found it amazing. After having one with the water dispenser and returning it for the one without after only a week due to the dispenser leaking... I am more than happy with this one. Size is great, very spacious and quality shelving and the freezer below suits me. Beeps when door is not closed, or left open for extended time and does not make any running noise. LG is a quality brand and I will be purchasing more items in this brand.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Love the water dispenser

This is the perfect size fridge for my family. The water dispenser is perfect and encourages to kids to drink more water over any on there beverage. Seems to be economical - my electricity bill has definitely not increased. Freezer is perfect size without being too big to lose food in.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great!

Fantastic product. Easy to clean. Lots of shelving and compartments. Found it easy to move around the entire room. Was on wheels so was easy to move around. The water dispenser was good all though some times it would smell funny. You couldn't fill it with alot of water but it was very cold.

Date PurchasedJun 2017