LG WD-8015C

LG WD-8015C

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

John D.

John D.Perth

Reliable, Hard Working Machine

We bought this machine used in July 2009 from the people that sold us the house it was in. We've been a family of four, so steady use for 9 years now. No repairs have been required in that time. We use the "quick 30" cycle as its perfectly adequate. We don't use the high speed spin as we don't find that necessary either (we're living in a dry climate so drying is not an issue for us), and I suspect the high speeds shorten the life of the product and probably result in the noise and vibration that some people complain about. We're replacing it because a friend sold us a much newer machine for almost nothing (they're headed overseas), but this thing would probably keep on going if asked.

Date PurchasedJul 2009

JustaPerson

JustaPersonCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Been great

We have had this washing machine since Jan 2008 so it has been perfect. Has lasted 10 years. In the last two years, we have been using this for a family of 4 and it has held up with use with 4-5 loads a week. I keep expecting it to die but it is still going!

Date PurchasedJan 2008

Excellent Washer Never Had Any Issues

Bought 2nd hand and have had this washer for 18 months and it always does the job. Super reliable and even though the main cycle takes a little long just plan around it. Super easy go out, walk the dog, go to the gym. It is 100% fit for purpose!! Would definitely have again.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Snerz

SnerzSydney

Got 10 Years Out of It

After 10 years of faithful service, have decided to retire our WD-8015C washer and upgrade to a new LG. Very happy with the machine with controls very easy to use. Only issues were that over last 6 months, had some water leaking from the seals but this was minimal so wasn't overly concerned. Did sound like a jumbo was taking off in the laundry during spin cycle. But apart from that, was a good machine. Hopefully, our new LG will give us 10 years os service as well.

Date PurchasedJan 2007

Vanessa

VanessaDarling Downs, QLD

Didnt want to replace it!

I purchased this washing machine in 2006, and one of the shock absorbers went on it last week. Over the last 8 years this machine had not missed a beat, even though it had been used nearly every single day. It has now been repaired and it's working as perfectly as it did the day I bought it. It was reliable, and easy to use. It's a shame its been discontinued, as I would have replaced it with the same style of machine.

Suzanne

Suzanne

Will never buy LG again

I bought my first LG front loader over ten years ago and after 5 years the bearings went and it went out of balance all the time then I went to purchase a new one and was told that it was a known fault of that particular model and they had upgraded it to a new model WD- 8015c without that issue and as I really liked the machine with all the settings I LOVE so consequently bought another one only to find out now 5 years later again a repeat of the same issue so am out looking for another new front loader needless to say that I WONT BE BUYING ANOTHER LG !!

7 kg Front Load Washer

monaromonaroMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Machine

Never again will our family buy a LG product. Have had bad experiences with a LG mobile phone and LG microwave. Our LG front loader washing machine has rarely washed clothes properly. The machine is noisy. Unless one selects the Quick 30 minute wash cycle the cycles are extremely long. The machine likes to "dance" across the floor; have tried different things to correct this but with little success. This machine "blew up" within a short time of purchasing it new. LG did repair it under warranty.
Like the front loader for water usage efficiency.
Lots, please read the review.

Linda - OzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Works reliably, cleans well

I got mine second hand from a washing machine repairer. We have had it for a year, and it hasn't missed a beat. I love that if you switch it off for a few minutes after starting a load, the door unlocks so you can add or change a load. It can tend to wander over the laundry if not balanced, but that is an installation error not a machine error. If I had a small home it would be a little noisy but this being my first front loader I am not sure if it is noisier or quieter than other front loaders. It certainly isn't noisier than my old top loader, just different noises. Good range of loads, 30 minute wash for every day loads does just fine.
Easy, reliable, good features
nothing, I love it

monaromonaro

I am curious as to how the door can be opened after a few minutes, when I assume if the cycle has started there is water in the "bowl".

Linda - Oz

I am not sure how this works, I guess the water only comes up to a certain level in the bowl, as the bottom of the bowl is down lower than the door opening.

davidSydney

I cannot get this machine to spin only

Sometimes I wash clothes by hand, but like using the spin cycle to help get rid of the water.
This machine does not seem to be able to do that?

There is a RINSE cycle but i don't want the clothes rinsed, I just want them spun.
Normally after handwashing them and rinsing them by hand, I HAVE to get the machine to do the RINSE cycle to get to the spin..... seems ridiculous.

It's called Intellowasher - it's not that intelligent that it can't just do a spin cycle onlyi!!! :(
Like that it's white
It can't spin cycle only

Sue
Sue

If you want spin only - when you first turn on machine press spin speed button on right hand side of machine to select spin speed this will initiate the spin only program. I found this very un-intuititive and not in the manual.

david

Thanks Sue! Good to know!!

Awesome

Bought our lg second hand at tender centre for $200, it's still going now 6 years , no rust but finally the front seal needs to be replaced ,( probably due to nail etc in pockets) and its probably going to cost more for the part and an installer. I don't find this machine noisy at all compared to friends washing machines and if the misses stops missing with the powder and softener it would be real clean too.
Reliable
Not much

amhouston

amhoustonQueensland, Australia

Ok product

We purchased this product a few yrs ago and decided on a front loader instead of a top loader as it uses less water. Love that it uses less water and you can choose what spin speed you want, love that it has a child lock but it sounds like a jet taking off when it goes into spin mode and i was told it was "whisper quiet" lol the front door locks as soon as its turned on which is a pain if you have forgotten something, the child lock is great but you can still press the power button which you than have to start from the beginning again which is a bit silly, and the cotton wash takes forever to wash around about 2.5 hrs
Energy efficient, water efficient,
Length of wash, loud, once wash starts you can't stop and add more clothes,

LG
LG A.LG

Thanks for the feedback, we'll be sure to pass this on. Many thanks, LG Australia Online Team

OCK

OCKAU

Terrible washing machine

mister2020

mister2020Queensland, 4503

too much bling

razzamatazz

razzamatazz

Good water efficient washing machine

We've had this machine for 4 5years now. It's still working quite well now. As with most front loaders, you can't add more clothes after you switch it on. If you've just switched it on and realise that you've forgotten to put something in, just switch off the machine and wait for about 5 minutes forl the door to unlock.
It's only now that we find an accumulation of mold around the seal of the door. Since then, we'd been cleaning the seals with clove oil and keeping the door open after a wash.
Water efficiency
moldy seals that are difficult to clean

andrew_lund

andrew_lundHunter Region, NSW

Works OK, but problems with cycle

I bought this machine 18 months ago second had for just $20! So I won't complain too much. However, the machine will only run now on one cycle (quick 30),

Machine was refusing to spin a lot in the past. Door used to get stuck and refused to open. Both problems seem to be cured by leaving the machine plugged in to the power socket at all times, with the power switch permanantly on. I don't know why this has fixed the problem, but it has for us.

Good looking machine and is working for us quiet reliably now we know its faults and quirks!
Good looking, works well if you take the time to get to know it
Lots of things, door stuck, cycles go nuts, refuse to spin if not plugged in at all times!

ianandori

ianandori

Mine has been good as gold for 2.5 years

pesca
pesca

I found that the longer washes in the LG WS-8015C 7kg goes way over the fifty minutes even when i press time save.....is there a way to reduce the time of these longer washes to no more than 50 minutes as you say?

gav69

gav69BRISBANE

Biggest piece of c#@p!

mr.windle
mr.windle

Mine has just started to throw sparks out the bottom also. Do you know what the cost of replacement was? Mine is now out of extended warranty

monaromonaro

Must be a common fault, the sparks. As one can read, it has happened twice to us.

thehorsey

thehorseyMACQUARIE

Really good machine

I bought my machine second hand 12 months ago and it's been perfect. Really quiet and doesn't move around like other people have mentioned. I think as long you install it properly, make sure it's level and don't overload it, it's great. The normal wash cycles are ridiculously long, but most front loaders are.
Good cheap machine
Normal wash cycle is a bit long

garic66

garic66

Good

Both my husband and i use the machine and find it very easy. We have a favourite setting, the clothes are very clean, not creased, and clothes are lasting longer. We put our washer up on a shelf - so it saves the back a bit too.
Its extremely quiet which is great when baby is sleeping. Doesn't stop if the load gets out of balance like top loaders, it'll sort itself out and keep going. Doens't use much water, our water bills have gone down - even with a baby!
Loads do take a while - but you get used to it very quickly. The beeping at the end of the wash cycle is very loud.