LG WD1200D

LG WD1200D

MPN: WD1200D

A Mystery Machine

I bought this machine a few months ago based on reviews by people here.
Pros - washes ok, has a nice big door to get things in, a good water rating, quiet operation, reasonably priced.
Cons - no way of knowing how long you have to wait for a load to finish as there's no timer. Even the 'Cotton Quck' cycle takes well over an hour. The first spin on the 'Cotton' cycles doesn't do much and leaves a lot of soapy water. It shakes the whole house when it spins fast. But my worst peeve is that there is no way to do just a Spin or Drain alone.
In summary, I'm not impressed and wish I'd gone with a Bosch again.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

My second LG front loader

LG have surpassed their quality with this Machine which is our 2nd LG Washing machine. All the improvements are really considerable. It is better programmed with shorter cycles and adjustable settings. Doesn't dance either and is much more stable. Price is also the most competitive. We are pensioners and just cant afford over $1000 for a washing machine. It's gentle on clothes and really cleans them. (Especially whites)

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Worst machine ever: causes water hammer, dangerous faulty electrics, shocking customer service.

Bought new on the Gold Coast from Harvey Norman, broke down after three months. An electrical fault that caused a chip to MELT on the motherboard. Could have burnt the house down. Have to keep a fire extinguisher by the machine since and never leave the house while its being used.
Took a month to fix by LG's certified repairer. Wholesale Appliance Supplies. A company with non existent customer service LG forces you to use. They tell you the day but won't give a time so you have to take the whole day off for their convenience. They ring at 8.30am on the day to let you know when they will deign to turn up. LG customer service is based overseas and they write emails and texts in broken english which makes LG look like unreliable and unprofessional. The customer service phoneline is a lottery whether you can find someone to help. All in all customer service is a substandard nightmare. This reason alone is why I will never purchase another LG product.
Owed a hundred dollars for laundromat costs, two months later still haven't been repaid even though all receipts were provided.
Never had water hammer problems before buying this machine. There is a class action in the US against LG for the water hammer problems their washing machines cause. Go to Youtube, type in 'LG water hammer fix' and watch video after video on it, the problem is so common. LG and anyone who sells their washing machines have a duty of care to inform customers of this problem as it can destroy the pipes in your house. This is a major failure and they are legally required to refund your money because of it.
A few days ago I used a different cycle called Cotton Quick which is misnamed because it takes hours to go through the cycle. The plastic electric burning smell happened again. Got in touch with Harvey Norman who organised the repairer to have a look. I tell them this machine is defective and dangerous and I want a refund. After making me wait all day this arrogant kid turns up, pokes around a bit, decides there is nothing wrong and writes his report to LG who uses it to get out of taking any responsibility for their piece of junk. Luckily Christine the service customer rep from Harvey Norman was able to organise a refund and now I can put this debacle behind me. Christine was the only bright spot in this disaster. The only customer service rep who lives into the name. She was great. Harvey Norman should thank their lucky stars for her because she is the reason I would not put up a bad review about them. So nice to get real customer service, its becoming the exception rather than the norm these days.
A horribly stressful six month experience for any customer of a NEW appliance to go through. Disgusting customer care from LG and the repairer. Will never use again or recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Reasonable washing machine for couples!

We have only ever used the washing machine on the quick 30minute cycle and it has always done a great job. I throw absolutely everything in all together and have not had an issue in the washing quality. I do use a delicates bag for lace and finer items which always come out clean. As a working couple we generally wash once a week, which makes for quite a full load. Not sure yet how it will go washing bedding all in one due to its size. I enjoy the musical chime when it’s finished, often reminds me that I hadn’t it on. The machine is of expected sound of a washing machine. Only downfall for us is that I have found it moves forward quite a bit during cycles.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great washer - but no delayed start

Bought this model simply because its one of the last ones on the market where the lid can come off so it fits under our bench in the laundry. But is a good washer and it's super quiet, spins fast, simple operation. Long cycle times but its a front loader. Get over it and go relax with a coffee for the two hours.
The only downside is that it only has a delayed rinse feature not a delayed start. So the cycle gets to the last rinse and stops until you start it again and set it to rinse. A delayed start is a better option for those who would like it to finish at 7 am ready to hang out.
The final rinse cycle doesn't take long (5 min?) but the clothes have been sitting in the unrinsed water all night. Having said that. It doesn't seem to affect the cleanliness of the wash.
Ours was the last of the floor stock so it was a great price from the JB HiFi team.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Quiet and saves power and water

My LG washing machine is very quiet. It’s got the 30 minutes quick wash option which saves power and water.

Big enough to put a full load of washing and doesn’t damage the clothes like other big and old machines.

Once washing is done you will hear a very nice tune to remind you it’s done.

I highly recommended this washing machine

Date PurchasedDec 2017

It was a disaster

It was working fine until one day it started tripping my home circuit brakers. There can be a problem in earthing system of machine but even after visit by Technician unable to solve the issue. Had to get new machine.
it handled the clothes and washing really well. Just not happy the way it died on me.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Ideal for couples

This machine washes amazing. However not ideal as a family washing machine as it is a small 7k tub and standard cotten wash takes opprox1:30min. So for busy families not ideal but for couples who don’t require to wash as often it would be perfect. It’s washing quality is the best I have ever had.

Great job!

Good value money. We throw everything in the washing machine, and the variety of cycles means that you can even put delicates in.
My only criticism is that the washes can take a really long time. I don't know if that's super normal, but sometimes we put it on quick cycle to try and save time.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

This is the most reliable washing machine that I've ever purchased

Brought this washing machine a few years ago from The Good Guys, We are a family of four people, we use it almost everyday, and we just throw everything into this LG and wash. It does its job, it is quiet and operation is smooth and easy to use.
The only downsize of this machine is the design of the door, as sometimes it doesn't close completely and we have to give a little push to it in order to completely close the door, other than that this washer machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Faulty Design Cannot Be repaired- 5 months old no service from supplier

Purchased from online in 2016, has had multiple inlet water connection issues will not work correctly so I cannot wash anything in it. Over 5 weeks being told "we have to get the part in.' LG must not keep spare parts in South Australia - absolutely regret purchasing this machine as half the time it never worked.

After 2.5 years this machine has now been dumped!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

S

Our old washing machine was prone to wandering across the floor when in use. So a new one was bought. At the Good Guys these were on sale for $517 and the specifications seemed impressive for the price. Having used it now for 3months we have had no issues with it. It was easy to install and the quick 30 minute cold wash cycle we use mainly gives us very satisfactory results - we are very pleased with the purchase indeed.

Prefect i love this

Its really a great value of money. I generally put every type of clothes to the washing machine except for furry coat. Performance is really great and it really wash my clothes very well clean. Its durable and i have it for years already and seems working very well until now. Very recommended

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Excellent washing machine!

Has been an amazing upgrade from our old rattley machine! Super quiet, has all different cycle options and a time saving and eco option which I have found to be a lifesaver! The seamless design of the machine will make it look new for years to come & it also has different compartments for your fabric softener or pre wash, which was a whole new world for me! Highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Extremely disappointed

I went looking to purchase a machine that would save me time in the laundry. I needed a big capacity because I am an Airbnb host and am washing sheets and towels every day. On a busy day I can be doing 5 loads of laundry in a normal capacity machine. I purchased this machine on the advice of Harvey Norman Ashburton NZ. I can only assume they are on a backhander because this nowhere near meets my needs and I have been told by LG head office that it never will.
Sure it has a 13kg capacity. But the only cycle you can use that full capacity is on cotton. Every other cycle is designed for less than half that capacity and more like 1/3. Consequently if I am to do a full load of 13kg it will take me a minimum of 2hours and 10 minutes.So much for getting laundry over and done with early, what a joke.
I wondered if there was a downloadable cycle that could assist me. So I spent some time downloading the app onto my phone and getting it to talk to the machine. OOOh I thought to myself...there is a cold cycle and there is a rainy season cycle, I will have both of those...wrong...only allowed one download!!
Having been disappointed in amount of water left after spin I decided that rainy season cycle would be best to try. We shall see, but I have no doubt it will add time to an already time consuming appliance.

Disappointed

Neatly presented with easy instructions.It cleans reasonably well however it it very hard on clothes and i have found that it pills the clothes easily. Reasonably quiet with a nice alarm on the finish of the cycle. Water smart. I love the delay wash cycle and rinse only mode. Well priced.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Perfect machine!

This washing machine was a great buy from Harvey Norman. It was on end of financial year special for just only $497 with 3 year warranty! Clean and rinse very well - no complaints and it doesn't wear out my clothes. After proper adjustment it is very quite so I always forget about it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good workhorse

Satisfied with my purchase thus far in terms of washing capability. Noise-wise is alright as my laundry area is separated and isolated from the bedrooms. Like the water saving and energy saving rating.

However installation wise the supplied piping was too short, had to get a longer one from Bunnings. Other than that it has been pretty smooth sailing and uneventful.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Absolute junk

We bought this new three months ago and had to return it twice. LG wanted to come out to check it first which took two weeks to then confirm it was a faulty pump which wasn't letting water in. At least the retailer accepted the return twice and now have moved on to a different brand

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Just ok product

Lg front loader is just not too bad. Lots of features available for all types of clothes. But the water hose are too noisy when spraying the water over clothes. No doubt its water saving & energy rating. It cleans the clothes quite well, Washing timers are bit confusing & long time.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017