LG WD14023D6 / WD14024D6 / WD14130D6 / WD14135D6

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Dave H

Dave HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Noisy drum bearings after 4 years

Had a service rep come out to tell me what I already knew - noisy bearings - he suggested to much detergent can cause this but it's been a good machine till now - 4 person household - lots of runs - has always been pretty noisy though - we live in townhouse - machine in cupboard on 3rd floor and rattles the house a bit. Over $500 to fix probs won't bother - guy even suggested buying a new one!

Purchased in September 2015 at Cliftons Clifton Hill 3068 for $1,000.00.

Laz

LazSydney, NSW

Just under 4 years and its about to go.

This is not a bad washing machine we have used it 5 days a week but just under 4 years usage noticing the drum bearings are wearing out so getting a very loud jet engine sound on spin cycle . LG labels its motors with 10 year warranty but this is very misleading perhaps a joke to consumers once the bearings go its not covered under the 10 year motor warranty and its way too expensive to fix and the washing machine will be simply be tossed out.

Purchased in June 2014.

Does not spin !

I have an LG front loader 7.5kg (WD14023D6) and it often cannot complete a full final spin at the end of the wash. It will get stuck at the 8 min time stamp and loop on itself many times until I manually intervene to split the load. This happens very very often.

One instance I had only half a load and it could not complete a full cycle.

Just today I wanted to spin 1 jeans (by itself) and the machine could not even complete the spin.

I have logged a case with the LG servicing department and I have been going back and forth with them for over 1 month.

Is this what I expect from LG? #disappointed

Purchased in January 2017 for $600.00.

Maz

Maz

Broke down exactly 2 months out of warranty...

Although the washing itself was fine, it was typical consumerism that the machine broke down when it just went out of warranty. And of course, a broken motherboard which was gelled so not easy to fix. We only got a bit less than 1800 washing cycles out of our machine, which is not enough for the price we paid for the machine. Very disappointing and after having already written Samsung off for exactly the same reason, we will now, unfortunately, have to add LG to the "do not purchase" list.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Maria

MariaWellington

Rubber seal came off

Lasted short of 4 years. Rubber seal on front door came off during washing using cotton eco cycle and flooded the floor. Paid for extended warranty but apparently does not cover rubber seal. Very disappointed. Don't be fooled by 10 year warranty! Requested for repair but cost too expensive. Service center arent helpful at all very poor communication.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Lasted less than 5 years

I loved this washing machine. It cleaned the clothes well and used little water but just on 4 years it started to gush water. I called out service repairer but it cannot be fixed...there is a hole in the drum. A $2 coin that slipped through the pocket emptying ritual is apparently the culprit. Very disappointing as I would expect at least ten years from a machine.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Sam

SamMelbourne

Ok

Rubber keeps ripping from inside door. Happened twice in 2 years. Hopefully extended warranty will cover repairs. First rubber tear was covered. Was told it was a about $250 for repair if i hadn't purchased warranty Now possibly bearing are faulty as the machine does't spin to its prior potential. Friend told me after 2 years he had to replace bearings in his machine Don't buy this machine. The Good Guys are not at fault. They've been great. Clean around rubber buildup of detergent. and filter to keep warranty Rubber tear not covered by warranty

Date PurchasedMar 2016

No wonder it’s a discontinued model

Just a couple of months before the end of its 2 year warranty small leaks start to appear. Call out a service rep couple of days before the warranty expires to replace the seal. Sure enough faulty seal is our fault as we didn’t clean it weekly, and we left an item of clothing across the seal when we closed the door - not sure how that’s even possible. After doing some research appears this is a common fault with this product, ironic on the front of the machine it has a sticker stating durability and 10 year warranty on the direct drive.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Sher

SherCanberra

Awesome washing machines

The LG washing machine has been a great addition to our home. We love the timer functionality which means we can load the dirty clothes at night and have them all done by the time we get up in the morning. It also runs very quietly even at the highest spin speed. Also being 8 kg means we don’t have to do too many loads. We did have a problem after a few months with the digital board but the issue was resolved very quickly under warranty with a technician coming out and replacing the board.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

BigLoveDeb

BigLoveDeb

BEST Washing machine I ever bought!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Tom

TomMelbourne

Good support but product needs improvement.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

bongo

bongoAdelaide, SA

Great

This is a great washing machine. Clothes come out looking good. I like that you can open the door if you've missed something (it always happens). It can get a bit noisy when spin drying at 1400rpm but it's only for a short period of time so it's no biggy. It has many cycles and speeds etc to choose from too. Quick 30 is the best, 8kg of washing done in 30 min is pretty good when you have two young children. I don't feel like I spend all weekend doing housework.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Yvonne B

Yvonne BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing wool cycle

I have always handwashed/ drycleaned sweaters and wool garments at the end of winter and dread the hassle. This time I decided to test the wool cycle on the machine with some trepidation. It was incredibly good on even alpaca/wool blends and synthetic and wool blends. They were also perfectly spun so that they were half dry. There was no shrinkage at all, they were not mishapen in any way. I love this machine in every way but wanted to let others know that they can trust the wool cycle.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
VicB

VicBWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Fabulous washer - smooth and quiet.

Delighted with our purchase. Had it now for about 10 months and it does all it claims perfectly. Adjustable spin speed is a boon and the 1400RPM mode speed drying times considerably.
Great to be able to set for Spin Only or Rinse and Spin Only - love it.
Much quieter than our previous LG front loader that liked to take a walk around the laundry. This one is smooth and quiet and a selection of program cycles to suit the fussiest among us.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

bruce

brucesydney

great machineb

cleans and rinses real well and also good on short cycle ,, does not damage the clothes and easy to set and forget, plus will let you know when finished .also have had no problems at all with machine and still washes as good as the day purchased. great machine

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Irennne

IrennneBrisbane

Good washing machine

It cleans and rinse well, removes tough stains if I put Vanish in it. Have multiple functions and you can choose your favorite. Quite loud, but it doesn't matter if it sits in laundry, you can't hear it from other rooms. Have stylish design and possibility to choose different spinning options.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

This is the Noisest WM and Drums around on spin mode making a helicopter noise

This machine from day dot started out quiet but for only a couple of months, now and has been very noisey, wobbles and sounds like a helicopter in the house. I have done everything to secure it, really sounds like something loose or faulty and this model should be Recalled. I have not made contact with LG regarding this issue, just could not be bothered to here this is due to misuse.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013