LG WD14030D / WD14039D

LG WD14030D / WD14039D

WD14030D (White), WD14039D (Red)

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

AnnRedlynch

very disappointed with this item

leighb

leighb

Long Washes. Does get rid of smells well.

We have had this machine for over 3 years now.
The timer lies, with washes taking much longer than the estimate. Typically over 3 hours making it hard to complete a wash for a large family.
I don't think the machines washes very well. It is too conservative with water use and often doesn't get rid of strong odors. Another issue is unbalanced spins. I think it tries to rearrange the load, but it never succeeds.
Overall, a very average machine.
I've repaired it myslef twice. Once to replace the door seal (our fault as there was a tool that escaped out of a pocket). The second time was stripping down the wash pump as it was very noisy.

BargainHunterMelbourne

Excellent so far

Wouldnt buy this machine if given a second chance

So glad we got an extended 3 year warranty on top of the 2 year manufacturer warranty. Purchased this machine 3.5 years ago and have just had to call the extended warranty for a SECOND time to get the machine repaired!
Also, the cotton cycle (including the "quick" cotton cycle) are EXTREMELY long, meaning its impossible to get the washing for a family of 5 done in one day.... over 3 hours for one load is ridiculous!
It's really hard to keep the rubber door seal clean and try as I might I just cant get into some of the nooks and crannies meaning that mould builds up there.

I wont be purchasing an LG washing machine again.
It can take big loads
Breaks down too often, too hard to clean, cycles take too long

Blodgett

Low cost quality machine

SoniCat

SoniCatAU

Faultless

I purchased this machine 3 years ago after Choice reviewed it as the best machine tested in large capacity. Since then I have been really happy. Many settings to choose from, is easy to use and spins the clothes almost dry. It even sings a happy song when it's done! If you forget to put something in it will allow you to override the door lock and add it (so long as it's not already full of water!). It has also been much gentler on clothes then my last top loader & is efficient on energy and water. Overall I would highly recommend!
Everything
Nothing

Pecka13

Pecka13Australia

Look Elswhere

Justine4

Justine4AU

Dancing Machine

Perhaps we got a lemon, but we have had this machine for a couple of years now and I have endless problems with the spin cycle. The machine vibrates so much that machine moves out of position not to mention the noise it makes. We have tried levelling it and it seems rock solid under the bench but more often than not it dances around during the spin cycle. I want to replace it but feel that I can't even sell it as it is defective. I would never purchase an LG again. Should have stuck with an Asko like our last machine that lasted 15 years.
I agree that it is quiet during the wash cycle and it does seem to wash well
Despite the sturdiness of the machine on the floor the spin cycle causes heavy vibrations and movement

simoga

simogaAU

Great machine

This machine is really easy to use, compact and uses much less water than my old one. I love that is has a cycle as short as 30 minutes and can be interuppted to put in the extra kids clothes you find when you walk out of the laundry! I would definitely have this machine again.
Easy to programme, you can open the door mid cycle!!! And it has a really short cycle if you need (all the reasons I would never have bought a front loader in the past)

bearhouse5

bearhouse5

Second Review Not So Good

supermum101

supermum101AU

Dirty brown marks on my washing

Mandy00

Mandy00Cooma

Love my new LG front loader!!

I purchased the LG WD14030D as my old front load washing machine was almost jumping across the laundry floor. The new one is great, lots of wash cycles to choose from. I often do a quick 35 min cold wash with a small load and the results are great. When I fill it up with a bit load I still get great results.I cannot fault this machine - I love it. I do about 15 loads a week and it hasn't missed a beat.
It is quiet, solid & sturdy, reliable - so far (have has it about 6 months)

masd270248

masd270248Perth, WA

The best washer ever, and the most colourful!

Investigated washers for some months, wanting to upgrade to a red washer (!) to upgrade my laundry to a cut above boring white, whilst my old Electrolux front loader chugged on, then 3 months out of warranty, it failed, so it was a quick dash to Harvey Norman and an agonising decision, do we get the steam washer in boring black or the red combo. Red won, along with a matching sensor condensing drier, both units work like a dream! never had a better washer and drier.
I am an appliance repairer, and would highly recommend this washer.
Beautiful, vibrant red colour, silent operation, and cleans extremely well, fluffy towels!!

stuffCanberra 2600, ACT

A better machine than I was expecting

kirsty83

kirsty83Adelaide

2nd review on this product by me.

Ness

NessAU

Great Machine!

2minnoodle

2minnoodleAU

Pimp my Laundry

I have had good experiences with LG front loads and this was no exception, it has all the bells and whistles and does a great wash. The red colour was pleasing to the eye as it is popular in electrical products at present. The machine wash cycle and 1800 spin is ultra quiet, I hardly notice it in a small home.
Love overall style, sound of buttons, It's very quiet also, a good bonus for a large machine.

No more LG products

I bought LG washer & dryer front loads from homedepo. Washer is not working after 2 years. I can't believe washer would die just after 2 years. It can't discharge water. Manufacture wareranty was 1 year. I called a technician to make sure pump is working. The technician told me pump is perfect. There might be signal problems. I bought another brand with warranty. I will never buy LG products in my lifetime.
None, rubbish
Does nor run properly

Mars52
Mars52

Had exactly the same problem with our Fisher & Paykel 8 kg - t

Good

Gary Owens

Gary Owensasked

Bowl appears stiff when spinning by hand at end of cycle. The machine is also noisy during final spin cycle and on last wash black "material" appeared on sheets. I have lost a black sock, is it possible that it has got out of wash tub and jammed in outer area causing problem?

Ann

yes it is possible I lost a few items like that ..
you can find it sometimes in the linen filter / down right side / open it and clean it as often you can

Shricket

Shricketasked

Hey, so got this machine from a neighbour and have found now (after a year of having it) it is leaking from the front when I have a full cycle. Not sure what to do? Model WD-1435RD washer dryer (7kg\4kg).

Ann

HI I am afraid that I will be not able to give u a direct answer / could be a full linen filter / on our machine it is located in a right corner / you can open up this part and inside is a linen filter / unscrew this and clean it ...if stil leaking you might need to ask some mechanic / usually people from Harvey Norman or Good Guys can help with an advice where to go / some hose might need to be replaced or some seals ....I am sorry if I am not a big help ...I was very disappointed with this item as we paid a lot for it and now it is permanently on our veranda because some constant issues ..all very best Andrea

Margaret Blackford

Margaret Blackfordasked

Is there a filter to clean after using the dryer cycle, & if so where is it located?

BargainHunter

There isn't a dryer cycle on this particular model. It's a washer only.

It is a dryer as well as I dry all my sheets & towels & bought it fig that purpose given I live in an apartment

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Download manual