LG WD14030D6 / WD14039D6

LG WD14030D6 / WD14039D6

WD14030D6 (White), WD14039D6 (Red)

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Luke M.

Luke M.Hunter Region, NSW

Great Machine Handle Sucks

I've had the machine for over 5+ years still going strong. Used everyday, the only issue i've had is the handle has broken ( Seen two other reviews of the same issue ) It's a faulty part design should be made of aluminium encased in plastic outer shell, I'm hoping LG will give me a free replacement handle as i have some ammo due to the fact two other people experienced the same issue.

Purchased in February 2014 at Joyce Mayne for $2,500.00.

Noise Level

Lisa123

Lisa123Melbourne

Cheap handles

I purchased this machine 4 years ago, was happy with it and suggested to my daughters to buy the same machine, as they recently moved out of home.
When you put your fingers, in to open the door, there is a cheap plastic part that has snapped off on all 3 machines.
I just rang LG to see if it was a fault with these machine, they told me to call a repairer. Its a bad design fault, its obviously gonna have a lot of use, seeing as we use it everyday to open the door. LG, not good enough!!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

383gkiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great machine

We have had this machine since 2010 and as a family of 4 gets an average work out. It has been great, washes very well and minimal water. The wash cycle we always use takes 65 mins so not sure what the issue is with long was times. There is also a 30 minute wash which is excellent. We get an excellent load into thus machine and you load a front loader different to a top loader there should not be much free space when loaded. We also have a bosch (same age) for an appartment and it has longer wash times, is noisier and doesnt wash anywhere near as well. I doubt the European brands live up to they're reputations these days as they are made in the same factories with the same components as the Asian brands. I think you now pay for the name.

Date PurchasedJul 2010
383gki

Still going great only needed to replace the door seal a week ago which was quite straight forward.

MMina

MMinaPerth Wa

Think and think again!

Good, saved water than previous one, silent but not until recently when it started to spin too slow on all settings. Spin setting became useless, stays in the "7min" mark forever and wouldn't stop unless done manually. Door handle also got broken. Age is 5 years, too young to suffer faults like this. Warranty is only on the motor(10 years) but not on parts. Not happy with the product and will consider other brands.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Heather

HeatherSydney

Washes great but parts are rubbish!

This machine is 3 years old and is used regularly. It washes well and I am happy with the different wash options; however, the parts used are cheap and breaking! The plastic handle on the door has recently snapped off and the rubber seal tore, so water leaks out of my machine when I use it. I contacted LG who told me that they would not help me, and I would have to pay a technician to fix the parts. Considering that a machine this expensive should be able to withstand normal use, I would expect the basic components to last longer than 3 years. I will never buy an LG appliance again.

Worked beautifully until the plastic drum cracked Not even 3 yrs old !!!

Was working just fine until last week - increasingly more water on laundry floor after each use. Only 2 of us (retired) use it We had a Miele for 27 years + 2 kids - no problems until the dampers wore out. Even believed Choice as they rated the LG as the best ever !! Well come and test ours now. Still has a 10 yr warrenty on motor though Big deal

macmaccaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

I purchased this washer dryer combo four months ago. Very easy to use. I find the 30 minute fast wash program washes very well. I have added a second rinse and knocked back the spin speed as the towels were rather stiff and crisp. fixed the problem. I haven't had the need to use the dryer as yet.

It fits quite a lot of clothes in and is very quiet. It even sings me a song when it's finished. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase. I had an LG top loader prior to this which is still going stong 15 years on passed onto a friend.

AdeCanberra

Fantastic no issues just keeps on going and going!!!

I had to write a great review as this machine has been used every day for years and not once has it played up or these been any issues. I bought an extended warranty which I guess I'll never use. We have been so happy that have told my wife when we next look for a TV we are going with LG and will certainly consider Korean rands when it comes to other purchases. We bought it from Betta Electrical who were also very good to deal with.

Zoe La

Zoe LaAU

My best washing machine so far

I bought this washing machine about 2 years ago from The Good Guys. Very reliable. I can throw a lot of washing at once 8kg!. It helps A LOT because I have 5 children, limited time for myself! and i really need a reliable & tough washing.
If I have a heavily soiled clothes, i can just choose the steam cycle with extra rinse.
If I need things quickly or I feel like saving some money, I can just choose a short 30 minutes cycle.
And in winter, I can wash & dry with just a push of a button. Oh this machine is built for me. I just cannot imagine living without it anymore. Thanks LG
Gives me options. Reliable. Quiet. Sturdy.
No lint collector. All junks, pins, tissues collected at the door of the machine.

SaetetRockingham

Brilliant

Absolutely best washer for money. I do ALOT of washing, this machine keeps up perfectly. Quiet operation and love the little song at the end. Wish the dryer that matched was sold in this country or the drawer lifts but ah well. Love LG. door sometimes doesn't realise it's closed, not a big deal. Lots of washing cycle options, really easy to use.
Everything, strong motor
Gunk collects in the drain at the front, holes too small

Off to a Bad start

Bought the washing machine on Sunday. Had to get it replaced on Tuesday. Softener was not being put into the final rinse. LG customer support were great and so was Bing Lee. Should not happen though.You purchase a new item and it should work.Have not used the new replacement yet and hope that all will go well.
Quiet.............
Quick cycle is limited to 3.5 kilos. Why when it is an 8.5 kilo capacity?

Catherine

Catherine

Generally very happy....glad I got the extended warranty though!

LG A.LG

Hi Catherine, thanks for your great review! Congrats on the new baby!

Maurice & Anja Potter

Maurice & Anja PotterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Machine

Our first front loader and this machine exceeds all our expectations. Does an excellent washing job with many selection cycles to meet the different wash types and takes a load that seems to match our old 10kg top loader. Is so easy to use, our 20+ year sons have started doing their own washing. Quiet in operation and meets our need to take a feed from our hot water system. Were not keen on machines that heated water when we already had cheap gas hot water. A good mid range price and even came with eftpos card discount which we have received - thanks LG - keep up the good work
Quiet operation as stated, ability to interrupt a wash to add forgotten items, and many wash cycles, easyo to use.

Glad to hear. Thanks for taking the time to share. LG Australia

Nearly 12months on and still extremely satisfied. Used nearly everyday.

SharonB
SharonB

Is there anywhere you can still buy the Candy Red Washer and Dryers in Australia .. I really want a set .. Keen to buy it right now

MadsL

MadsLPerth

Love it!

This is my second Lg washing machine. It is the best washing machine ever, I love LG products! The machine has a 8.5 kg capacity and can easily fit duvets and pillows in it. It runs very quiet and has a 4 star energy rating. I love the quick 30 wash setting and I use it for most of my washing.

LG A.LG

Thanks for taking the time to share Mads.

mellief

melliefMelbourne

Great Washing Machine

This is my first front loader and I am extremely happy with it. The functions are great, and it cleans brillantly. The bibs and baby clothes are coming out lovely and clean. Probably the only thing I have noticed is that it moves a little - which may in part be due to us having it on the pedestal and slippery tiles. But nothing major. The 8.5kg is a great size for a family. Was tossing up whether to buy a miele, but for an extra $1.5k I couldn't warrant the additional expense.
Cleans lovely and is very quiet
Moves a little - but may be in part to slippery tiles and being on a pedestal

Miss OpinionatorAdelaide

Laundry queen

Oh lg life is good but with your washing machine life is super clean too! Every wash cycle is fantastic so easy to use so versatile and quiet! There is nothing i havent washed in this machine! Duvet, wool, delicates, endless loads of sports gear and with specialist sports setting even the mr. Knows what to do. I love the refresh setting too oh the possibilities are endless no more boring laundry days with one of these babies!
Smart, energy efficient, great support over phone

LG A.LG

Great to hear, and thanks for taking the time to write a review.

FranRose

What's the refresh setting? Wouldn't that be on a steam machine (rather than this model, that has no steam wash option?)

LG A.LG

Hi there FranRosse, This is a steam setting that is available on any of our steam washers (not the WD14030D6) and is used to freshen up a garment and assist in the removal of wrinkles. Hope this helps!

FranRoseQueensland, 4178

Poor rinse, long cycles

Wash well
Wash well

Deb12Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Machine

Tigerlilys

You have a steam wash setting?

Deb12

Yes its good too, can be lengthy.

I'm Jealous ;P

TigerlilysAU

Amazing!!

JJ4191
JJ4191

Cheapest cleaner for washer and dishwasher...works great...plain old white vinegar in clear water. Or look under Queen of Clean website. She may have a homemade concoction. I swear by vinegar.

Thx JJ419, will look into that ;D

Miss Opinionator

Im sure lg is looking into it :-)

cntday

cntdayAU

An excellent washing machine

We purchased this from HN about a month ago after running the old LG into the ground. I found this machine to be very quite and I like all the programs it has. The 1400 spin cycle is also great as the clothes are much drier when we get them out. Also worth a mention is that after the spin cycle has finished it does a few slow extra turns in either direction so they don't stay all bunched up.

Highly recomended

None.... Does what it is supposed to and does it well.

Trish

Trishasked

My 7 year old washer hasn't missed a beat until recently it doesn't seem to be rinsing well. Still soap suds in the final spin. Any ideas?

Ade

I'm sorry seven years is a good innings. Only thing I can suggest is try a different powder or get a service.

Anita

Anitaasked

What does ae or re stand for on display? Machine has just stopped there.

macmacca

Hi I've reread the user manual and this code is not listed. May I suggest you contact LG customer service. if your machine has the smart diagnosis symbol on the front you can download the phone app if you have a smartphone. LG can determine the error via this application.

Lyn

Lynasked

Hi have AE come up on screen. What does that mean? Machine wont turn off or on or change cycle. Please help

Hiya,

AE indicates that the safety switch in the base has activated. It means you have a leak somewhere and the base has flooded.

You need to find the leak, repair it and then drain the water out of the base, Once the base of the appliance is emptied the safety switch will reset.

Unplug the appliance from the wall socket. Pull the machine out and tip it rearward about 45 degrees and see it drains the base from the rear corners of the appliance.

Alternatively, the LG washer has smart diagnose which is an app you can get from your phone or here It will help the LG people tell you whats wrong with your machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O80Prz22Q0o Helpful Utube Video

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lg-smart-laundry-dw/id425153323?mt=8 App for Iphone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=LG+electronics For Android.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives