LG WD1408NPW

LG WD1408NPW

MPN: 36436460

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ruby Ling

Ruby LingPerth

Got a faulty one on delivery and fight to get replacement

We bought this last year as we left the old one behind in the place we rented. When we first got the unit it didn't seem to be hot washing. Called LG which wanted to charge a $150 call out just to look at the new machine so I called Harvey Normans and had to argue it was faulty. Finally someone came out and agreed the heating element was not working inside so they swapped it for a new one. The new one has been work fine since the first one and seems to wash ok but still not happy Still dose not seem to be close to the set temps

I can handwash better!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
S and A

S and ASydney

Great options

Bought this washer not long ago, very stylish design. Cleans my clothes well and gets rid of most stains without pre soaking. Cycles are quite long and gentle so it doesn't wear out my clothes. I love how it how many different options and settings on how you would like your clothes washed, also has custom settings to really customize your wash.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Pat Meyers

Pat MeyersDon

Great Buy - quiet, efficient washing machine with great capacity

Bough my first LG product ever with this washing machine so impressed I bought the matching Drier and a microwave. Previously had Miele. These machines are innovative, quiet and do what they are supposed to without any fuss or bother. With my laundry door closed I can't hear them both running as I did previously.
Well done LG (also love my microwave)

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Vicky

VickyAdelaide

Second lg frond loader

I’m once again really happy with my LG washer. The last one I had for more than 10 years and was still going strong only upgraded when I built a new home. It washes really well and is not rough on my clothes. Everything comes out clean and it’s easy to use. LG washers are great!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

grg

grg

Great Product

its been about more than a year, working great, no drama so far unlike my previous one. simple and easy to use, less noise, can't complain, does the job. it is good for a small family or couple. definitely, recommend to other buyers cannot expect more than this for the price.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Crystal

CrystalCanberra

It’s great quality

A good washing machine for one person or small family. I normally use the mix function which wash clothes for 90 minutes. But it has speed function which only take 14 min, but doesn’t rinse and dry really well. Front load consumes less water compared to the top loaded washing machines. It is relevantly quiet but sometimes it does move around when spin the clothes. It also has 10 years warranty.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Beware Get extended warranty.

Had it for 2 years. Had rubber inside door changed after 12 months. Rubber tearing again. Luckily purchased extended warranty. Sometimes machine dances and walks a little. Friend says the bearings are probably done. He got rid of his as bearings faulted after two years. His FP TL.. I like better...

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Lg does not cover warranty on 9 month old washing machine

Sunil kumar  Tiwari

Sunil kumar TiwariHomebush

A perfect washing machine for small family

A perfect washing machine for small family. It cleans clothes very well and rinse the clothes properly. It doesn’t wear-out your clothes.It consumes less water compared to the top loaded washing machines. It is quiet. I like the cleaning quality in less water consumption. Energy rating of this machine is high.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Andy

AndyPerth

Good but noisy

Cleans and rinses well, a word of warning if your pipes suffer from water hammer I would not recommend this model. When it dispenses water it does it in short bursts which would be very annoying. The spin feature also tends to make the machine skip abit. Lots of features in terms of washing but I only use the one really.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

BrianNewcastle

Very disappointed

It was only after buying the machine and reading the warranty that we learnt that we could not place it on a pedestal (no warranty), nowhere was this mentioned on LG's web site. Now after ready the washing instructions we learn that it cannot handle larger than single bed bedding. This machine is supposed to be a family washer, what are we supposed to do with queen size bedding. Apart from these problems it does a good job.

May 5th 2018 Update: I wish I had bought some else

There is very little clearance between the drum and the outer casing which may cause the problem someone else mentioned. I have to admit it washes and rinses well but what am I to do with my doona which I am told is too big for the family size machine?

Brian

We have a large size water hammer arrestor fitted and it still bangs the water pipes to an extent that I am expecting a burst pipe. Have never had this problem before.

Vicki J

Vicki JAU

All about size!

Perfect for family sized wash loads. Washes wonderfully - even cloth nappies come out perfect every time. Good range of wash cycles which are able to be customised. Quiet to run.
Door opens even during a wash cycle without problems which is great if you have forgotten to put something in!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Ell

EllSydney

So far it's perfect

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Matty

MattyGordon

Great washing machine for the family

After years of my old washing machine it decided to finally die. After researching for what seemed forever we settled on this 8KG washing machine as we have a growing family. It hasn't let us down since we purchased it and plays a nice little tune once its finished. Love it

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Christopher

ChristopherSydney, NSW

No issues

Cleans clothes well, not loud. Easy functionality, many different wash types and does all that I require of it. Can't fault it at all. Clothes come out clean and whites whiter, love the mix setting don't need to separate items just load it altogether. Also has separate bag for delicates.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Lg customer service not worth the issues

The machine itself when working is fantastic. But 8 months later and mine now doesn’t drain water. Lg customer service is pathetic. 2 weeks I’ve been waiting to hear from their repairers and every time I contacted them I get the same answer “someone will contact you in 24-48 hours to make an appointment to repair it”
2 weeks later and nothing. Single mum working full time.. I can’t afford this!

Boycott LG products! Don’t waste your time or money on them! Better companies out there that actually care for their customers!!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Shannon

ShannonGisborne

Great Product

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Review collected in partnership with LG

Bebz

BebzCairns

Caused pilling/fabric pulling on my clothes and put holes in them.

Quite washing machine and nice finished sound. Only had the washing machine for 6weeks and clothes came out looking worn and old. New items were distroyed and came out looking years old with the fabric pilling. Was putting holes in my clothes. worst customer care. Washes took way too long. Buy Bosch. So much better!