MPN: 36436460

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Got a faulty one on delivery and fight to get replacement

We bought this last year as we left the old one behind in the place we rented. When we first got the unit it didn't seem to be hot washing. Called LG which wanted to charge a $150 call out just to look at the new machine so I called Harvey Normans and had to argue it was faulty. Finally someone came out and agreed the heating element was not working inside so they swapped it for a new one. The new one has been work fine since the first one and seems to wash ok but still not happy Still dose not seem to be close to the set temps

I can handwash better!

Ive had my machine 18 months and hate it. My husband and son work in dirty industries and this machine washes their clothes so badly I can get them straight out of the machine after a 3.5 hour stain care cycle and still rinse dirt out of them and then further handwash them and get them cleaner. LG have addressed my concerns with conflicting advice on how to clean my tub (a fortnightly tub clean cycle required even though their manual says this is optional) right down to having to buy a special HE detergent required because of the low water volume used (also not mentioned in their manual). They also suggested I pre soak the clothes? My 13 year old Westinghouse which the LG replaced was a far better machine with only a 2.5 hour cycle and I never had to pamper to it. I will be offloading it as soon as the warranty is up, what I lose on the machine will be cheaper than the volume of stained dirty clothes that I will be throwing out. And yes my water pipes bang too and they had a dampener on them already.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great options

Bought this washer not long ago, very stylish design. Cleans my clothes well and gets rid of most stains without pre soaking. Cycles are quite long and gentle so it doesn't wear out my clothes. I love how it how many different options and settings on how you would like your clothes washed, also has custom settings to really customize your wash.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great Buy - quiet, efficient washing machine with great capacity

Bough my first LG product ever with this washing machine so impressed I bought the matching Drier and a microwave. Previously had Miele. These machines are innovative, quiet and do what they are supposed to without any fuss or bother. With my laundry door closed I can't hear them both running as I did previously.
Well done LG (also love my microwave)

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Second lg frond loader

I’m once again really happy with my LG washer. The last one I had for more than 10 years and was still going strong only upgraded when I built a new home. It washes really well and is not rough on my clothes. Everything comes out clean and it’s easy to use. LG washers are great!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Product

its been about more than a year, working great, no drama so far unlike my previous one. simple and easy to use, less noise, can't complain, does the job. it is good for a small family or couple. definitely, recommend to other buyers cannot expect more than this for the price.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

It’s great quality

A good washing machine for one person or small family. I normally use the mix function which wash clothes for 90 minutes. But it has speed function which only take 14 min, but doesn’t rinse and dry really well. Front load consumes less water compared to the top loaded washing machines. It is relevantly quiet but sometimes it does move around when spin the clothes. It also has 10 years warranty.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Beware Get extended warranty.

Had it for 2 years. Had rubber inside door changed after 12 months. Rubber tearing again. Luckily purchased extended warranty. Sometimes machine dances and walks a little. Friend says the bearings are probably done. He got rid of his as bearings faulted after two years. His FP TL.. I like better...

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Lg does not cover warranty on 9 month old washing machine

This machine has troubles washing a single kids mattress protector. This machine is very family unfriendly. Also it makes your plumbing pipes behind the walls noisy banging and knocking. Told by sales man i can buy a product from bunnings to stop this. Why does a product over $900 to thousand doesn't come with this. I've had other washing machines and never had any issues. Also the machine has only lasted 9 months and has chewed up the inside door rubber. LG has refused to cover this under warrenty, and has told me it was from misuse of there product. In turn i told them i have used there product by per the instructions supplied by them. I have a family of 4, I've used there washing machine for washing clothes and not bricks or building supplys. I've had over the phone quotes $280 and more. It took more then 2 weeks for lg to tell me they were not going to cover the cost and they could supply a contact numbers for repairs but will not cover it. Thanks lg a family of 4 needs to come up with more money for a new machine. Because I'm not spending our money to repair a machine that cant even last 9 months. What a joke, do not buy any product from lg. You have been warned. I read reviews on this product and found only a couple of bad reviews. I didn't listen thinking only a couple. Boy did I learn the hard way. Thanks lg for nothing but hardache and remember with no customers you have no business.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

A perfect washing machine for small family

A perfect washing machine for small family. It cleans clothes very well and rinse the clothes properly. It doesn’t wear-out your clothes.It consumes less water compared to the top loaded washing machines. It is quiet. I like the cleaning quality in less water consumption. Energy rating of this machine is high.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good but noisy

Cleans and rinses well, a word of warning if your pipes suffer from water hammer I would not recommend this model. When it dispenses water it does it in short bursts which would be very annoying. The spin feature also tends to make the machine skip abit. Lots of features in terms of washing but I only use the one really.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Very disappointed

It was only after buying the machine and reading the warranty that we learnt that we could not place it on a pedestal (no warranty), nowhere was this mentioned on LG's web site. Now after ready the washing instructions we learn that it cannot handle larger than single bed bedding. This machine is supposed to be a family washer, what are we supposed to do with queen size bedding. Apart from these problems it does a good job.

May 5th 2018 Update: I wish I had bought some else

There is very little clearance between the drum and the outer casing which may cause the problem someone else mentioned. I have to admit it washes and rinses well but what am I to do with my doona which I am told is too big for the family size machine?

Date PurchasedJun 2017
We have a large size water hammer arrestor fitted and it still bangs the water pipes to an extent that I am expecting a burst pipe. Have never had this problem before.

All about size!

Perfect for family sized wash loads. Washes wonderfully - even cloth nappies come out perfect every time. Good range of wash cycles which are able to be customised. Quiet to run.
Door opens even during a wash cycle without problems which is great if you have forgotten to put something in!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

So far it's perfect

I compared with Bosch series 8 but ended up getting this machine. I do not regret. It doesn't damage garment and very quite. I sometimes go to laundry room to check if it is working. smart weight function could be good and bad but as long as I set the feature that I want to set, it does a job. I can wash summer duvet as well. 8kg is perfect for two to four people. quick mode is 14min, just one thing that I want to change is quick mode water is set 20 degree. I have been tried to use all different features and it works very well. my favourite feature is mix. amazingly, it cleans well, but also keep the garment nice. I also try to use detergent with exact amount. Just before you rinse and drain, it makes some noise but it is only one time and not an issue to me at all. So far, I am very happy to decide to get this model.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great washing machine for the family

After years of my old washing machine it decided to finally die. After researching for what seemed forever we settled on this 8KG washing machine as we have a growing family. It hasn't let us down since we purchased it and plays a nice little tune once its finished. Love it

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

No issues

Cleans clothes well, not loud. Easy functionality, many different wash types and does all that I require of it. Can't fault it at all. Clothes come out clean and whites whiter, love the mix setting don't need to separate items just load it altogether. Also has separate bag for delicates.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Lg customer service not worth the issues

The machine itself when working is fantastic. But 8 months later and mine now doesn’t drain water. Lg customer service is pathetic. 2 weeks I’ve been waiting to hear from their repairers and every time I contacted them I get the same answer “someone will contact you in 24-48 hours to make an appointment to repair it”
2 weeks later and nothing. Single mum working full time.. I can’t afford this!

Boycott LG products! Don’t waste your time or money on them! Better companies out there that actually care for their customers!!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great machine

I am so happy with this purchase....Got it at Good Guys with a cash back deal so it was a little cheaper than other stores. It is so quiet I can hardly hear except when it is on te fastest spinbut even then it isn't a harsh sound. The only problem is that it shakes things forward so my washing powder falls off if it is on the fastest spin.That can be rectified by placing a rubber mat under the machine...I love that you can pause the machine to open the door and throw in that sock I just found...it has so many wash cycles I am still getting used to them . The only downfall is that a lot of the cycles are very long but there is also a turbo function you can use to cut down the cycle and if you choose a lighter spin speed that also shortens it. There is also a 14 min wash cycle which is great for things that really just need to be freshened. I also love the high speed spin because the things come out almost drey. Can't fault it apart from the long washes.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great Product

We purchased this washer after having a top loader for 12 years and I will never go back. The quality of the wash is fantastic, a few of the settings do take a while but that is obviously all dependent on the type of wash you yourself specifically choose. There is an option of a 14min cycle if you are after a quick wash!
I have found you do need to specific with the particular garments wash instructions ie warm wash etc otherwise it may ball the clothes.
The machine is quiet, even though there is a sound/music alarm at the end of the wash cycle I would still need to check on it to see if its finished if the laundry door is closed.
I absolutely love how well it washes the clothes and that there are so many options of washes, the sports one has come in very handy for stubborn stains and works fantastic!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Caused pilling/fabric pulling on my clothes and put holes in them.

Quite washing machine and nice finished sound. Only had the washing machine for 6weeks and clothes came out looking worn and old. New items were distroyed and came out looking years old with the fabric pilling. Was putting holes in my clothes. worst customer care. Washes took way too long. Buy Bosch. So much better!