LG WTG8520

LG WTG8520

MPN: WTG8520

Extremely poor customer service and product.

My machine is damaging my clothes. The metal drum is defective with the corner of the drum wall sticking out. I initially raised this with LG on 27th February and we are still going!

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $799.00.

Powerful Washer with Customized Settings

I love its customized setting although it's a little time-consuming because it doesn't have a memory function. I love that the top lid is glass so that you can see through during the wash and decide if there's enough water or laundry liquid. It's a little noisy even during the day, but acceptable.

Purchased in March 2019 at Betta Home Living for $728.00.

LG will not tell me how long I can expect the 6 cycles to take

I have done loads of research, this machine is at top of my list except for the fact that I don’t know how long a load of washing takes.
I have asked LG via live chat and email 5 different ways, yet they WILL NOT give me any indication of what time is involved. I’m blown away that they won’t answer the question even though I wrote the email to complain that the live chat service person wouldn’t assist with my direct enquiry.
Timing is important when deciding between my top 2 because I learnt the hard way and bought a half dishwasher that takes 2.5rs to do a load. I’m not falling for that again.

And now I’m annoyed with LG for being evasive and will look at my other brand.

Advice: check how long cycles take.

Purchased in March 2019 for $800.00.

Lemon

How can this machine rate 4.6???!! Don't be talked into the no middle agitator. Turns sheets into balls. No filter? This machine stains clothes, puts black stains on whites. They come out worse then when put in! This has been happening since New. Used the self cleaning cycle, makes no difference. Beware. Beware.

Purchased in February 2016.

You won't be disappointed

We bought this a couple of weeks ago to replace an old front-loader that we hated and were glad to be rid of. The LG has been performing remarkably well. The interface is intuitive, it's relatively quiet, the stainless wash bowl is huge. We like the soft-close glass lid so you can see what's going on. We were going to go Fisher & Paykel as we had a top-loader years ago and it was a solid workhorse, but saw that recently they haven't been as reliable. LG has great reviews and this model has not disappointed.

Others have said the lint filters are hard to clean, but without reading the manual it took me less than a minute to work it out and clean both of them. Subsequent cleans take around 30s, not hard at all. We only wish that other companies would employ F&P's (probably patented) automatic lint filter cleaning so we didn't have to clean one at all.

Pros:
- Huge capacity, but the machine itself isn't too large
- See-through soft close lid
- Great performance, lots of options
- Plays music at the end :)

Cons:
- One minor annoyance: Our laundry gets full sun in the morning and the LED indicators are hard to read

Purchased in February 2019 for $650.00.

Noise Level

Machine Died as soon as 2 Year Warranty Expired.

We loved the look and style of this machine and were quite happy with it, although my wife often had trouble programming it for anything other than a regular wash, and the lint filters blocked so easily but were hard to clean. But Two weeks after the 2 year warranty ran out, the machine was no longer agitating the wash. We were told at time of purchase that the motor had a 10 year warranty. It appears the spline has become separated from the Motor. Happy to say a call to LG had a Technician out in 3 days and it was repaired under the Motor Warranty.

Purchased in December 2016 at Domayne Physical store for $545.00.

Noise Level

Had my washer for over 10 years...

Had the washer over 10 years... it's absolutely perfect... the buttons won't work anymore but the start button does and the washer does the rest itself... So easy to use...

Purchased in March 2007 at Betta electrical for $500.00.

Don't let the energy and water rating throw you off!

This washing machine works so well, it doesn't use the entire 125L unless you select it too. So far we noticed it has saved some money on our water bill (about $10 less than usual). It cleans so well as well, does not leave fluffs and lints! Very easy to clean the filters too. Cannot fault this machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Quality product, loads of space and good features

Not having the agitator gives this washing machine a huge capacity, without the unit itself being huge (it's even smaller externally than my old one).

The amount of functions and options are great, as you can choose water level, number of washes/rinses, spin cycle or a special 'air dry', OR you can set it to auto and let the machine choose the levels for you. For regular washing it chooses the options perfectly, for sheets the water level was too low as it left some soap marks.

The unit is beautiful and quiet and has a sweet little tune when it's finished instead of an annoying loud beep.

There are two internal lint filters which need to be removed and emptied every wash, my old machine never had lint filters and I found they make a HUGE difference! I have three cats so would always have to shake washing before and after hanging them dry, but now there is basically no hair on my clothes with the new lint filters. They're super easy to remove and empty so it's not a big hassle each wash.

I would definitely recommend this product for people willing to spend a little more for a large capacity machine, good array of functions, quiet unit with great washing quality including removal of hair/lint.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Disappointed in product

The machine is nice and quiet and a good sizebut I have had to have the lint filter replaced twice now and it’s not even 12 months old. I was told not to overload the machine which I feel I was not doing. I am very particular with making sure the filters put back in place securely.
I also find it ties items up in knots
I would not recommend this machine .

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great washing machine, you can even override the set programmes!

Love this machine, you can override the set programmes with a touch of a button, you get YOUR choice, instead of the machine TELLING YOU what to do. Great features and because we purchased from "Appliances Online" you get to download the User Manual before buying, so you can see exactly what the machine can and can't do – what a great idea. Transparent soft close glass lid is a great feature too. You can hand wash clothes and then put them into the machine to spin – something we could not do with our old washer (as it would try to drain non-existent water for over 15 mins first, before even attempting to spin). Also has a "Tub Clean" option and "Delay Start" and "Child Lock" function. Happy with our purchase – plus the staff and delivery people at "Appliances Online" were polite and helpful. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great every wash, AND plays music when load is complete.

I like this washing machine mainly because you can view your clothes without touching the machine, or lifting the lid up. It is a smart washing machine and has timers for convenience. I like that it has basic setting that you can manually operate to tailor your wash. More importantly, for people who are busy like myself and don't give a HOOT about the tidiness of hand washing and so fourth. It has an automatic setting that does all the logistics and semantics for you! Great job LG.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

I am happy with the washer it works great and holds plenty

Beautiful, classy, huge. I never liked the front loaders as I had to squat to get stuff in and out. This is much easier with the top load. The barrel is HUGE. Stainless steel, could probably take a bath in it if I had to. The loads are cleaned effectively and seem to run gentle, no tangling. My last washer had an agitator that tied everything up tight and was a bear to loosen up and take out.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Huge drum, fits a large load

Purchased this washing machine after my previous one kept stopping mid cycle with clothes wrapped around the agitator - I love that this machine has no agitator so that will never be a problem. I don’t even have to set the water level as there is a sensor. No white gunk on my clothes either :)

Date PurchasedJul 2018

The glass shattered

I had had this machine for a year or less and had gone to do the laundry but to my surprise the glass screen on the lid of the machine had been shattered and so i was left without a washing machine for a week before they could replace it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

A great one!

This is a very good washing machine, I will put, windbreaker, baby clothes, coat inside, washing very clean, and the time is very short,
Enjoy excellent washing results with the Lg 8.5kg Inverter Top Load Washing Machine. Featuring variable washing programmes and clever Smart Diagnosis technology, the LG Washing Machine is a great choice for the family laundry.
I am very satisfied with this washing machine. It can shorten my time and save water.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Update of LG WTH8520

After some 6 moths of constant usage I can sincerely say that this machine performed impeccably well. Absolutely no problems, so easy to use with one touch start and almost dry clothes at the end and very clean. If you like, you can select different programs for specific type of washing, eg. towels & sheets only which will clean them even better.
Highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

This is a good washing machine.

When I use it, any kind of clothes can be put inside, such as baby clothes, coats, windbreakers, no problem, the washing is very clean, and the time is very short.
I am very satisfied with the performance of this washing machine, far beyond my imagination.
they’re more energy efficient with cold wash cycles,
Its washing time suits me very well. It's always a great washing machine.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

The Wife loves it

At first she was a little disappointed but by the 3rd load she was happy,
its plenty big enough for a queen size blanket
it spins out heavy blankets nearly dry and has never had the speed wobles up yet
very quiet operating, seems to get the clothes a lot cleaner for less powder.
allup very happy with it indeed.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

easy to use

It is easy to use and washes great. It has a large tub with good features and can load heavy weights perfectly. See-through lid is beautiful. It handles well, both blankets and delegate clothes. You can choose the water level which is great and water efficient. I'm satisfied with this machine and highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Does using the air dryer function crease the clothes more than gentle spin? I'm unhappy with the creasing on permanent press items after using either gentle, delicate or low spin cycles.
Most likely the answer is yes. "Air Dry" is just a high speed spin cycle that lasts around 30 min. It will get your washing drier than the normal spin cycle, but it's not great for permanent press items. The only thing I can recommend is that you use a slow spin speed, remove these items from the wash the moment they're done, shake the big wrinkles out and hang them up to dry. They will take longer to dry but are less likely to crease badly.Thanks Paul, that's what I thought. The old model 5.5kg LG did a fairly good job with permanent press but I'm really frustrated with my new 7.5. So many 'choices' of cycles but they all spin too fast. I hate ironing! but I've had to do a lot more of it lately.

How does this Washing machine handle Blacks also can I use liquid det
I haven't seen any problems at all with blacks - the lint filters are very good and pretty easy to clean (even if others complain about them), so no issues with lint. Sometimes machines without agitators can have problems dissolving wash powders (leaving powder in your clothes after a wash), but again we haven't had any problems with regular off-the-shelf powders in our machine. Liquid detergents should be fine, however I've found that (generally speaking) liquid detergents do tend to promote more slime/sludge buildup in the machine over time for some reason. We especially found that with a front loader we owned so we now exclusively use powder. Make sure you do a hot wash every so often and I don't think there should be an issue.thank you

I have just bought a WTG8520. Is there any way I can reduce how wet the clothes are after it finishes? I really dislike having to use the air spin cycle to do it as it defeats the purpose of functions such as quick wash.
Yes, you can choose the length of time it spins on the keypad and also you can use Air Dry to air out the clothes in the spinner to dry them further.I haven't noticed clothes coming out any wetter than I've seen from other washing machines, although the air dry feature does get them very dry - at the cost of an extra 30 mins or so as you say. Make sure your spin speed is set to High, and see if using one of the normal wash cycles gets them drier than the quick wash setting. Alternatively, you could just use Air Dry for 10-15 mins and then stop the machine if you're really pressed for time but need them spun out for longer.

WTG8520