LG WTG8520

LG WTG8520

MPN: WTG8520

Machine Died as soon as 2 Year Warranty Expired.

We loved the look and style of this machine and were quite happy with it, although my wife often had trouble programming it for anything other than a regular wash, and the lint filters blocked so easily but were hard to clean. But Two weeks after the 2 year warranty ran out, the machine was no longer agitating the wash. I rang LG to see about getting someone out to look at it, but was told as it is now out of warranty, there would be a $195 call out fee that covered 20 minutes of looking at it, but no parts included. We were told at time of purchase that the motor had a 10 year warranty. It appears the spline has been pulled straight out of the motor, but that is not covered. As it only cost $545 new and could cost $600+ to repair, we ended up buying another new machine and another brand.

Purchased at Domayne Physical store for $545.00.

Noise Level

Had my washer for over 10 years...

Had the washer over 10 years... it's absolutely perfect... the buttons won't work anymore but the start button does and the washer does the rest itself... So easy to use...

Purchased at Betta electrical for $500.00.

Don't let the energy and water rating throw you off!

This washing machine works so well, it doesn't use the entire 125L unless you select it too. So far we noticed it has saved some money on our water bill (about $10 less than usual). It cleans so well as well, does not leave fluffs and lints! Very easy to clean the filters too. Cannot fault this machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Quality product, loads of space and good features

Not having the agitator gives this washing machine a huge capacity, without the unit itself being huge (it's even smaller externally than my old one).

The amount of functions and options are great, as you can choose water level, number of washes/rinses, spin cycle or a special 'air dry', OR you can set it to auto and let the machine choose the levels for you. For regular washing it chooses the options perfectly, for sheets the water level was too low as it left some soap marks.

The unit is beautiful and quiet and has a sweet little tune when it's finished instead of an annoying loud beep.

There are two internal lint filters which need to be removed and emptied every wash, my old machine never had lint filters and I found they make a HUGE difference! I have three cats so would always have to shake washing before and after hanging them dry, but now there is basically no hair on my clothes with the new lint filters. They're super easy to remove and empty so it's not a big hassle each wash.

I would definitely recommend this product for people willing to spend a little more for a large capacity machine, good array of functions, quiet unit with great washing quality including removal of hair/lint.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Disappointed in product

The machine is nice and quiet and a good sizebut I have had to have the lint filter replaced twice now and it’s not even 12 months old. I was told not to overload the machine which I feel I was not doing. I am very particular with making sure the filters put back in place securely.
I also find it ties items up in knots
I would not recommend this machine .

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great washing machine, you can even override the set programmes!

Love this machine, you can override the set programmes with a touch of a button, you get YOUR choice, instead of the machine TELLING YOU what to do. Great features and because we purchased from "Appliances Online" you get to download the User Manual before buying, so you can see exactly what the machine can and can't do – what a great idea. Transparent soft close glass lid is a great feature too. You can hand wash clothes and then put them into the machine to spin – something we could not do with our old washer (as it would try to drain non-existent water for over 15 mins first, before even attempting to spin). Also has a "Tub Clean" option and "Delay Start" and "Child Lock" function. Happy with our purchase – plus the staff and delivery people at "Appliances Online" were polite and helpful. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great every wash, AND plays music when load is complete.

I like this washing machine mainly because you can view your clothes without touching the machine, or lifting the lid up. It is a smart washing machine and has timers for convenience. I like that it has basic setting that you can manually operate to tailor your wash. More importantly, for people who are busy like myself and don't give a HOOT about the tidiness of hand washing and so fourth. It has an automatic setting that does all the logistics and semantics for you! Great job LG.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

I am happy with the washer it works great and holds plenty

Beautiful, classy, huge. I never liked the front loaders as I had to squat to get stuff in and out. This is much easier with the top load. The barrel is HUGE. Stainless steel, could probably take a bath in it if I had to. The loads are cleaned effectively and seem to run gentle, no tangling. My last washer had an agitator that tied everything up tight and was a bear to loosen up and take out.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Huge drum, fits a large load

Purchased this washing machine after my previous one kept stopping mid cycle with clothes wrapped around the agitator - I love that this machine has no agitator so that will never be a problem. I don’t even have to set the water level as there is a sensor. No white gunk on my clothes either :)

Date PurchasedJul 2018

The glass shattered

I had had this machine for a year or less and had gone to do the laundry but to my surprise the glass screen on the lid of the machine had been shattered and so i was left without a washing machine for a week before they could replace it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

A great one!

This is a very good washing machine, I will put, windbreaker, baby clothes, coat inside, washing very clean, and the time is very short,
Enjoy excellent washing results with the Lg 8.5kg Inverter Top Load Washing Machine. Featuring variable washing programmes and clever Smart Diagnosis technology, the LG Washing Machine is a great choice for the family laundry.
I am very satisfied with this washing machine. It can shorten my time and save water.

Update of LG WTH8520

After some 6 moths of constant usage I can sincerely say that this machine performed impeccably well. Absolutely no problems, so easy to use with one touch start and almost dry clothes at the end and very clean. If you like, you can select different programs for specific type of washing, eg. towels & sheets only which will clean them even better.
Highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

This is a good washing machine.

When I use it, any kind of clothes can be put inside, such as baby clothes, coats, windbreakers, no problem, the washing is very clean, and the time is very short.
I am very satisfied with the performance of this washing machine, far beyond my imagination.
they’re more energy efficient with cold wash cycles,
Its washing time suits me very well. It's always a great washing machine.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

The Wife loves it

At first she was a little disappointed but by the 3rd load she was happy,
its plenty big enough for a queen size blanket
it spins out heavy blankets nearly dry and has never had the speed wobles up yet
very quiet operating, seems to get the clothes a lot cleaner for less powder.
allup very happy with it indeed.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

easy to use

It is easy to use and washes great. It has a large tub with good features and can load heavy weights perfectly. See-through lid is beautiful. It handles well, both blankets and delegate clothes. You can choose the water level which is great and water efficient. I'm satisfied with this machine and highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Excellent washing

Favourite features of LG washing machine are the ease of use, effective washing, easy to clean and turbo drum is quiet.
See through lid, smart sensor makes an easy job even easier, looks good and performs even better.
Totally satisfied, it was recommended to me by a friend and I totally recommend it too.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great!

Washes great, not hard on clothes. Easy to clean. Has great features & is quiet.
Large tub can handle larger loads. Only do two washes a week now instead of 5. Has a great range of washing programmes & you can set an easy fuzzy wash that sorts it all out for you. Smart.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

I like my washing machine.

You can wash small amount of clothes and also blankets. Quick washing is less than half hour. Air dry takes a bit longer but the clothes get dry so fast. It's great that you can choose water level, washing time, times of rinse. It's not noisy but I can hear when it's finishing.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

This is a fantastic washing machine

It a great warrior washing very quiet for a top loader. Didn't realise how much my old machine didn't wash the clothes properly as when we started using this one the amount of dirt that came out of the clothes was amazing would recommend this to anyone as this is one of the best washing machines I have used

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best Machine Ever

This machine is absolutely fantastic,being a smart machine is out of this world press the start button select the wash and it calculates the time of the load dependant on the weight of the wash. So many options to chose from, easy to use, huge drum. Quality product, our family wouldnt be without it, very impressed with this purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Does it have a 'gentle wash' setting for delicates?
There's no specific delicate setting, but without the agitator the clothes don't get damaged. I would put it on the cotton setting, on low spin speed if you need to wash delicatesYES, you can wash delicates (I wash silk as well as wool and have had the BEST results). As Corinna L. said -- you put the machine on the • COTTON SETTING and then you can over-ride the other settings, i.e. set the "Soil Level" to • LIGHT (therefore the agitation will be low and gentle). I set the "Temp" to • WARM and then the "Spin" to • LOW (so the fibres of the garment are handled gently). If you go to the website www.appliancesonline.com.au, you can download the manual -- just scroll down to just above the "REVIEWS", then you will see a sub-heading saying "Manuals" where you can choose to download "WTG8520 - LG - User Manual" -- you can then see exactly what the machine can and cannot do. It really is a very good machine, we are very happy with our purchase and can recommend it whole-heartedly.Not visable but the manual states to use the wool setting - hope this helps with your research

Can you tell me time taken for a full 8.5kg load on the cotton wash cycle with warm water temp?
It depends on what else you pick on your settings. You can change the setting to MORE agitation for heavily soiled or to LIGHT agitation for delicates (like silk or wool). You can change the initial wash time, you can pick the number of rinses you want and you can change the spin from light – for delicates, to medium for normal clothes or to high spin for towels or things you want to have fairly dry before hanging on the line. But, overall a normal wash takes about an hour. I can assure you this machine does a GREAT job, everything we have washed feels so very clean and soft and we love it, it is also very quiet. Best washing machine we have EVER used.

I don't have hot water supply at home...will this machine still work perfectly?
Hi there I haven't had a problem with the screen it is a little glary in the sun but other than that no problemsI don't use the hot water so I only use cold water it it still works great for me

WTG8520