MPN: WTG8520

See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Perfect and just press the button

For the past year l have been very happy with my LG washing machine.
I picked the larger model for convenience of doing less loads a week.
In Always it does a great job, buttons real easy to read. And best of all it has two filters no more fluff on my clothes.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Noise Level

Whilst being an "intelligent" washing machine..I still had doubts

Cycle times are great even heavily soiled clothes washed well
Delicate lingerie didn't become tangled which is rare for any washing machine.Overall this machine is good but not the best I've used.

Purchased in February 2017.

Love LG!

My family have had this machine for over five years and it’s still going great! I can even wash my king size doonas in it! Will definitely stay with LG!

Purchased in January 2015 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Noise Level

Washing machine with best energy efficiency

Wash all type of clothes. No stains remains after washing. Easy to clean and perfect for family of 6 to 8 people. Love to use it in day to day life. Very advanced features and best in its category when compared with other washing machines. Very much satisfied with this machine. Highly recommended

Purchased in March 2018 at Appliances Online for $612.00.

Love this machine

Cycle times are great, the soak cycle for example works brilliant and bring everything out, we are very happy with the machine love it, it has also help my sister with her disabilities.

Purchased in June 2019 at Begents devonport for $500.00.

perfect washing machine

This washing machine makes life a whole lot easier it,s very quiet compared to my old one
it has plenty of room for a family wash & the clothes always come out lovely & fresh
I purchased this after reading reviews on washing machines as I had trouble with my last machine= after such a short time ,I would definitely recommend this washing machine

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $649.00.

Replacement for a 14 Year Old LG Top Loader

My old LG 6.5kg top loader was a great machine but after 14 years decided to buy a new one rather than fix the old one, LG was my only choice after such a good run with my old one, The Good Guys in Cairns gave me a better deal than anyone else and the sales persons product knowledge was good.
The new LG is great runs quieter, doesn't tangle clothes, the high speed spin leaves the clothes extra dry and the extra capacity is good for washing bedding, I hope I get a good life from this LG as I did from the old one.

Purchased in June 2019 for $579.00.

Daily activities become easy

Usually I put of our family clothes. This washing machine always makes my tasks easier. I am very much satisfied with this product. has the best feature, design and easy to handle. no double, this machine does it work efficiently. All of our family members love this machine.

Purchased in November 2018.

Excellent value for money.

Bought this for $640 in early 2019. Has the best feature set of anything in this price range, and it seems to be quite gentle on the clothes whilst being economical with water. The glass lid is definitely useful.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Amazingly quiet

This washing machine is very quiet and efficient.
The design looks great, especially the top glass which lets you see how the wash is going at any time. Soft closing lid is also a great addition. Finishing sound lets you know when its done.
Washes all types of clothes and has many built in functions making it quick and easy.

Highly recommended.

Purchased in February 2019 at Domayne for $669.00.

Noise Level

Excellent washing machine easy to use

This washing machine is quiet and it’s huge! There’s so much more room without the agitator. Highly recommended.

I bought this a month ago when my old machine broke. It has been a fantastic machine and is quiet and efficient for all clothes types. As a mum of 6, I find it easily copes with the volume of washing my family generates each day. I highly recommend it

Purchased in June 2018 for $138.00.

Noise Level

Extremely poor customer service and product.

My machine is damaging my clothes. The metal drum is defective with the corner of the drum wall sticking out. I initially raised this with LG on 27th February and we are still going!

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $799.00.

Powerful Washer with Customized Settings

I love its customized setting although it's a little time-consuming because it doesn't have a memory function. I love that the top lid is glass so that you can see through during the wash and decide if there's enough water or laundry liquid. It's a little noisy even during the day, but acceptable.

Purchased in March 2019 at Betta Home Living for $728.00.

Lemon

How can this machine rate 4.6???!! Don't be talked into the no middle agitator. Turns sheets into balls. No filter? This machine stains clothes, puts black stains on whites. They come out worse then when put in! This has been happening since New. Used the self cleaning cycle, makes no difference. Beware. Beware.

Purchased in February 2016.

You won't be disappointed

We bought this a couple of weeks ago to replace an old front-loader that we hated and were glad to be rid of. The LG has been performing remarkably well. The interface is intuitive, it's relatively quiet, the stainless wash bowl is huge. We like the soft-close glass lid so you can see what's going on. We were going to go Fisher & Paykel as we had a top-loader years ago and it was a solid workhorse, but saw that recently they haven't been as reliable. LG has great reviews and this model has not disappointed.

Others have said the lint filters are hard to clean, but without reading the manual it took me less than a minute to work it out and clean both of them. Subsequent cleans take around 30s, not hard at all. We only wish that other companies would employ F&P's (probably patented) automatic lint filter cleaning so we didn't have to clean one at all.

Pros:
- Huge capacity, but the machine itself isn't too large
- See-through soft close lid
- Great performance, lots of options
- Plays music at the end :)

Cons:
- One minor annoyance: Our laundry gets full sun in the morning and the LED indicators are hard to read

Purchased in February 2019 for $650.00.

Noise Level

Machine Died as soon as 2 Year Warranty Expired.

We loved the look and style of this machine and were quite happy with it, although my wife often had trouble programming it for anything other than a regular wash, and the lint filters blocked so easily but were hard to clean. But Two weeks after the 2 year warranty ran out, the machine was no longer agitating the wash. We were told at time of purchase that the motor had a 10 year warranty. It appears the spline has become separated from the Motor. Happy to say a call to LG had a Technician out in 3 days and it was repaired under the Motor Warranty.

Purchased in December 2016 at Domayne Physical store for $545.00.

Noise Level

Had my washer for over 10 years...

Had the washer over 10 years... it's absolutely perfect... the buttons won't work anymore but the start button does and the washer does the rest itself... So easy to use...

Purchased in March 2007 at Betta electrical for $500.00.

Don't let the energy and water rating throw you off!

This washing machine works so well, it doesn't use the entire 125L unless you select it too. So far we noticed it has saved some money on our water bill (about $10 less than usual). It cleans so well as well, does not leave fluffs and lints! Very easy to clean the filters too. Cannot fault this machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Quality product, loads of space and good features

Not having the agitator gives this washing machine a huge capacity, without the unit itself being huge (it's even smaller externally than my old one).

The amount of functions and options are great, as you can choose water level, number of washes/rinses, spin cycle or a special 'air dry', OR you can set it to auto and let the machine choose the levels for you. For regular washing it chooses the options perfectly, for sheets the water level was too low as it left some soap marks.

The unit is beautiful and quiet and has a sweet little tune when it's finished instead of an annoying loud beep.

There are two internal lint filters which need to be removed and emptied every wash, my old machine never had lint filters and I found they make a HUGE difference! I have three cats so would always have to shake washing before and after hanging them dry, but now there is basically no hair on my clothes with the new lint filters. They're super easy to remove and empty so it's not a big hassle each wash.

I would definitely recommend this product for people willing to spend a little more for a large capacity machine, good array of functions, quiet unit with great washing quality including removal of hair/lint.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Disappointed in product

The machine is nice and quiet and a good sizebut I have had to have the lint filter replaced twice now and it’s not even 12 months old. I was told not to overload the machine which I feel I was not doing. I am very particular with making sure the filters put back in place securely.
I also find it ties items up in knots
I would not recommend this machine .

Date PurchasedJan 2018