LG WTG8520

MPN: WTG8520

21 questions from our users

Steve R

Steve Rasked

Why is spin speed lower than other brand washers? Does it take longer to wash and aalso spin dry with the lowerr speed?

Veeasked

My LG 8.5kg top loader is showing OE on the display. It doesn’t spin the water out. My husband has checked all drainage areas and cleaned them. It’s still doing it. I even tried the 5 second reset, it worked for 1 spin and subsequent load is still in there filled with water. What else can I do?

Vee

Now it’s displaying FF, what does that mean?

carfan84
carfan84

Try LG’s troubleshooting guide:

Thanks.
I’ve tried it, no help. I’ve just downloaded the Smart Diagnosis App. I’ll let you know how it goes.

John P

John Pasked

John. We have had this about 18 mths. Goes OK but clothes sometimes end up with dirty grime marks on them - obviously from washing detergent build-up in unaccessable areas behind the bowl.
We empty the lint filters every wash, and have done hot bowl washes with the proper WM cleaner product etc. Still does it.
Very frustrating on white shirts, sheets etc.

Ann S
Ann S

I have exactly the same problem. Contacted LG Customer service/support chat online got sent a couple of emails about scrud and lint. Still same problems so contacted LG by phone and a technician came out. HIs report stated no fault with washine machine must be operational fault. I followed the manual quide for detergent and softner usuage and frequent tub clean. They would not suggest a specific product to use for washing so I have now not used detergent or softner in my washing for over 3months and am still having the same dirty marks on my clothes. They still refuse to accept that it is a machine fault. Technicain require me to pay for call out as the warranty is now null and void. I have never had a washing machine that requires a tub clean after 10-12 washes. Or that cannot tolerate a tablespoon of liquid washing detergent diluted in a cup of water. Would never recommend an LG product ever again. Currently making complaint with department of fair trading and getting in tough with a current affairs. Customer service is disgraceful. :-( :-(.

John Allison

John Allisonasked

Should there be any water left in the drum after final spin?
It is not visible but you can hear it in there.

rami.abdu155429

rami.abdu155429asked

It's not opening or working. Its also showing 'CL' how do I fix this? I need to know quickly if possible please

Dane m
Dane m

Call the customer support number for your region they will talk you through what you need to do.

Gaile S.

Gaile S.asked

Is this machine supposed to be so noisey when in a spin cycle?

Guy

Guyasked

Should water spray when in the spin cycle to rinse the cloths while being spun?

Cookie
Cookie

I don't think so, I had a look at mine and it didn't look like any water on the final spin cycle, I would expect some on the rinse cycle.

Megan

Meganasked

does not having an agitator mean the clothes get all tangled? Especially for sheets? Thats my only worry before purchasing it :/

Chris
Chris

Well, I have just complained to LG about my clothes getting all tangled and wrinkled so that most things had to be ironed, and just gave up and went out and bought a new washing machine with an agitator. I only bought the LG in Feb 19.

Concerned consumer

Concerned consumerasked

How long does it take to do a regular wash?

Mumsy

Mumsyasked

Can you use powder or does it only use liquid detergent? How fragile is the lid, if i accidentally drop it shut will it break?

Tan11
Tan11

Sales consultant recommend using front load powders in machines without agitator. Swears it gets best results.

Anne

Anneasked

WTG8520 - what number should the rinse cycle be set at for a normal warm wash?

Sue Masked

Does using the air dryer function crease the clothes more than gentle spin? I'm unhappy with the creasing on permanent press items after using either gentle, delicate or low spin cycles.

Paul

Most likely the answer is yes. "Air Dry" is just a high speed spin cycle that lasts around 30 min. It will get your washing drier than the normal spin cycle, but it's not great for permanent press items. The only thing I can recommend is that you use a slow spin speed, remove these items from the wash the moment they're done, shake the big wrinkles out and hang them up to dry. They will take longer to dry but are less likely to crease badly.

Sue M

Thanks Paul, that's what I thought. The old model 5.5kg LG did a fairly good job with permanent press but I'm really frustrated with my new 7.5. So many 'choices' of cycles but they all spin too fast. I hate ironing! but I've had to do a lot more of it lately.

Russasked

How does this Washing machine handle Blacks also can I use liquid det

Paul

I haven't seen any problems at all with blacks - the lint filters are very good and pretty easy to clean (even if others complain about them), so no issues with lint. Sometimes machines without agitators can have problems dissolving wash powders (leaving powder in your clothes after a wash), but again we haven't had any problems with regular off-the-shelf powders in our machine.

Liquid detergents should be fine, however I've found that (generally speaking) liquid detergents do tend to promote more slime/sludge buildup in the machine over time for some reason. We especially found that with a front loader we owned so we now exclusively use powder. Make sure you do a hot wash every so often and I don't think there should be an issue.

Shan

Shanasked

I have just bought a WTG8520.
Is there any way I can reduce how wet the clothes are after it finishes?
I really dislike having to use the air spin cycle to do it as it defeats the purpose of functions such as quick wash.

Downunder 01
Downunder 01

Yes, you can choose the length of time it spins on the keypad and also you can use Air Dry to air out the clothes in the spinner to dry them further.

Paul

I haven't noticed clothes coming out any wetter than I've seen from other washing machines, although the air dry feature does get them very dry - at the cost of an extra 30 mins or so as you say. Make sure your spin speed is set to High, and see if using one of the normal wash cycles gets them drier than the quick wash setting. Alternatively, you could just use Air Dry for 10-15 mins and then stop the machine if you're really pressed for time but need them spun out for longer.

John R

John Rasked

Does it have a 'gentle wash' setting for delicates?

Corinna L
Corinna L

There's no specific delicate setting, but without the agitator the clothes don't get damaged. I would put it on the cotton setting, on low spin speed if you need to wash delicates

Barbara

YES, you can wash delicates (I wash silk as well as wool and have had the BEST results). As Corinna L. said -- you put the machine on the • COTTON SETTING and then you can over-ride the other settings, i.e. set the "Soil Level" to • LIGHT (therefore the agitation will be low and gentle). I set the "Temp" to • WARM and then the "Spin" to • LOW (so the fibres of the garment are handled gently). If you go to the website www.appliancesonline.com.au, you can download the manual -- just scroll down to just above the "REVIEWS", then you will see a sub-heading saying "Manuals" where you can choose to download "WTG8520 - LG - User Manual" -- you can then see exactly what the machine can and cannot do. It really is a very good machine, we are very happy with our purchase and can recommend it whole-heartedly.

Tricia
Tricia

Not visable but the manual states to use the wool setting - hope this helps with your research

Linda

Lindaasked

Can you tell me time taken for a full 8.5kg load on the cotton wash cycle with warm water temp?

Barbara

It depends on what else you pick on your settings. You can change the setting to MORE agitation for heavily soiled or to LIGHT agitation for delicates (like silk or wool). You can change the initial wash time, you can pick the number of rinses you want and you can change the spin from light – for delicates, to medium for normal clothes or to high spin for towels or things you want to have fairly dry before hanging on the line. But, overall a normal wash takes about an hour. I can assure you this machine does a GREAT job, everything we have washed feels so very clean and soft and we love it, it is also very quiet. Best washing machine we have EVER used.

Navi

Naviasked

I don't have hot water supply at home...will this machine still work perfectly?

Mel

Hi there I haven't had a problem with the screen it is a little glary in the sun but other than that no problems

Mel

I don't use the hot water so I only use cold water it it still works great for me

Rob

Robasked

Does this machine have an Agitator?

Nick
Nick

I don’t hv any idia

Les M
Les M

This machine doesn't have agitator. It uses impulse method .you can read up on its functioning..

Lisa W

Lisa Wasked

What is the height of the machine with the lid up? Our dryer is on top so needs to fit under. :D

Matthew B
Matthew B

Product with Lid Open (W x D x H)
632mm x 670mm x 1390mm

Ray

Rayasked

Thinking of purchasing this washing machine but I want the drain hose to go under the sink to the S-bend will that still work?

Gaye
Gaye

Not sure about that but the drain hose comes out at the bottom of the w machine.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives