8Liebherr SICN Bottom Mount Series

Internal Layout

MumuSouth-Eastern Region, NSW4 posts
  Verified SICN 3066 279L Bottom Mount

Issues with SICN 3066 integrated fridge freezer

We bought a SICN3066 fridge freezer in April 2008. The unit sat with the kitchen manufacturer for about 6 months after purchase before it was installed, but we only used the house as a holiday home till we moved in 4 years ago. We have no backup in the local area so my husband took the fridge to Sydney for repairs as it was out of warranty - it started to beep and the freezer was loosing temp, then the fridge started to act up as well. The repairers stated that it has a Gas Leak and not repairable. Andico gave us the option of replacement at 30% discount - but as we have twin fridges we are rethinking of replacing the fridge. With reading of the problems I'm in a dilemma .

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Mumu

We now have the same issue with the other Liebherr now and have contacted Andico, waiting on outcome.

Clare M
Clare MAU3 posts
Trumps
Trumps
  SICN 3056 279L Bottom Mount

An expensive, poor quality product

we have a Liebherr fridge Model 7082. It is a complete lemon. We have had to replace the computer board, compressor and now the internal refrigerant leaks and can't be repaired. Service has been ongoing, expensive & time consuming. Do not consider buying a Liebherr fridge as the customer service is non existent in Adelaide SA!

TanyaD
TanyaDAU6 posts

Not impressed

Well when we built our house 7 years ago we put in 4x Liebherr integrated fridge/freezers. This week I have had two service calls to one of the fridge/freezers. The outcome $300 later is that the fridge capillaries are blocked and basically it has had a "heart attack". Lets just say I had a heart attack too when I was advised that there is nothing you can do but purchase a new one and the RRP is $4129. Now my beautiful fridges are not looking quiet so beautiful. Will my 3 currently working fridges suffer the same problem soon? I didn't expect to only get 7 years out of such a expensive fridge. Feeling really ripped off right now. Potential purchases do your research before buying.

Mark
Laurie
Laurie
  SICN 3356 283L Bottom Mount

Don't buy Lieberr

We recently purchased this fridge, after about four weeks the back of fridge was covered in an inch of ice.

Technician was called and we were told it was a sensor problem. Had to wait two weeks for new sensor to arrive. Problem not fixed.

We were advised that the fridge had to go back to repair shop. We now have been without a working fridge for 9 weeks. The fridge cost us a small fortune. Not happy. Should have stuck to Miele.

Simon Farr
Simon FarrBrisbane14 posts
  SICN 3356 283L Bottom Mount

My advice is do NOT buy a Liebherr Fridge. Ever

I have 2 Liebherr fridges and one of my brothers has one and all are terrible and cost us thousands to keep running every year. Andico have never helped me and Endeavour Fridge Service in Brisbane are more than happy to come out but have not returned my email after I have done hours of problem solving to help them fix my fridges.

Simon Farr
Simon FarrBrisbane14 posts
  SICN 3056 279L Bottom Mount

Please read this before you are tempted to buy one of these horrible fridges

I bought a house in 2013 with 2 of these fridges and have had nothing but trouble with them. In under 2 years I have spent $2800 trying to fix them and they continue to fail. Not included in this cost is the extra cost of having them completely reinstalled with massive vents everywhere including holes cut in the floor of the house and ceiling to boost air circulation. I even had 4 extra fans installed. Even the repair man says they are horrible and he tells me I will spend an average of $1000 a year keeping them going.....

elaine trueman
elaine trueman

Re SICN 3066 integrated fridge freezer

I agree with the last comments, having purchased high end white goods for my kitchen I am constantly surprised at the lack of longevity. My Leibherr appliance stopped cooling and freezing. I called a listed technician to review the problem. Call out fee $130, then $80 per half hour thereafter.

Sadly there appears to be a problem with the gas piping and repairing the appliance isn't cost efficient, where to now? Remodeling of kitchen? Very disappointing!

Pen
Pen6 posts

Don't Buy These

We purchased two Liebber integrated fridges. Within 5 years, they have both had to have their hinges replaced. The cost for the fridge/freezer hinge replacement was $1,200 and for the fridge it was about $600. We were told that they needed replacing for two reasons. We kept too much in the shelves in the doors (apparently Europeans don't buy 2 litre containers of milk!) How ridiculous. They put shelves in fridge doors but you are not supposed to put anything in them? And the other reason given was that the mdf panels were too heavy but all kitchens are made of mdf. So don't waste your money.

James
JamesNewcastle9 posts
steller
stellerSydney, NSW5 posts

SAVE YOUR MONEY

We thought these fridges would be amazing. Worst purchase ever. Cost $7000 for the 2 integrated models. One has been a lemon since we installed it. To date it has cost in in excess of $1000 to have repaired. Liebherr won't come to the party and have an appalling attitude towards customer service recovery. Will never recommend or buy the brand again.

Lance
Lance · SICN 3056 279L Bottom Mount

Hello
What are the physical dimensions of the unit and the space it needs to breath around the fridge / freezer unit

kimgelbart
kimgelbart · SICN 3066 279L Bottom Mount (with Ice Maker)

Mine has stopped making ice ??? What now

David
David · SICN 3066 279L Bottom Mount (with Ice Maker)

I have two problems with a fridge which is now some 9 years old. The left hand door has persistently failed to close on its own, for the last 3 years, stopping some 1-2cm short. To me this seems to be the soft close door strut. If so how do I get it fixed/replaced? The second problem relates to the other side. The whole door is now some 2mm or so closer at the top and therefore there is slight interference with the left hand door, preventing the right hand door from closing on its own. I cant quite see how this can be adjusted. Any thoughts?

Compare all Liebherr SICN Bottom Mount Series listings
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $5,489$5,049
Dimensions 1770 x 559 x 544 mm1770 x 559 x 544 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 1-2 people1-2 people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf and Frost FreeDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf and Frost Free
Smart Fridge NoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves55
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins11
Weight73.6 kg73.2 kg
Door Hinge Left and RightLeft and Right
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite