Lowan Rice Flakes

See the Best Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Leanne G.Illawarra, NSW

Need my daily g/f porridge

I use these to make my own gluten free porridge as It's way too expensive to purchase the ready made box.
I add dried fruits, quinoa flakes, chia seeds. So yummy!!
Edited: Totally shattered that Lowan's don't make these anymore, it seems like they don't care about Coeliac's or Gluten Intolerants. Breakfast is not the same anymore....

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths for $3.69.

Bibbicolac

Bring em back

Been consuming Lowan rice flakes forever. I have allergies so am limited with breakfast food. Apparently they process them with other products & someone complained, as a result it's not cost effective to process separately. Come on Lowan find a way. A lot of people are missing this fabulous product.

Purchased at Coles for $3.40.

Grant KowaldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lowan Rice Flakes

Very upset that Lowan Rice Flakes is no longer available. This was very good for my stomach. Oats is the only other breakfast food i can tolerate and I'm getting sick of the same thing each day. Please bring back rice flakes.

Purchased for $4.00.

Lowan Rice Flakes

Lowan Whole Foods no longer produce Rice Flakes. Not good news.

Purchased in May 2019 at IGA for $4.00.

Stuart

StuartGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this. Nothing else like it

I use this daily. They were recalled in June or July and have not come back yet. Don't know why. Hopefully they will be back really soon. My breakfast is just not the same : (

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Gonnago

GonnagoMelbourne

Where has all the Lowan gone? Lowan Rice Cereal is unobtainable lately.

Has Lowan ceased production? Their rice cereal was ideal as a gluten free product. What rice product can replace it?

Purchased in December 2018 at Woolworths Physical store.

Daniela E.

Daniela E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I love this product, where did it go? :(

I use this rice flakes a lot! my whole family loves them, but I can't find them in our local's supermarkets (melbs) anymore! so sad! Does anyone know why they don't sell them anymore?
please come back!

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Wendy

WendyViolet Town

Best breakfast ever.

My morning bowl of lowan rice flakes porridge stays with me till lunchtime. I don't seek snacks at all. I start with 1/3 cup dry flakes and 1 cup water, simmer for 4 mins. Sultanas thrown into the saucepan, and milk for last couple of minutes, poured over a few linseeds, pepitas and sunflower seeds and I've the best breakfast ever.

Tori32

Tori32Highton

Doesn't look promising... but cooks up divine!

Perfect breakfast meal

My daughter introduced this to me on my trip back to Brisbane. She microwaves 1/2 cup with water to soften & heat then adds chopped strawberries & a dollop of honey. I was intreged as I follow the Fodmap diet..I soaked mine overnight in lactose free milk then heated in the mircrowave. It's suprisingly sweet enough without adding more & with fruit it was perfect. Love this product!

Rhonda Clarke

Rhonda Clarke

Great Morning starter

I love RICE and found the Lowan Rice Flakes in the supermarket healthy isle! This brown rice cereal without the taste of brown rice, is Delicious. Teamed with Liddels plain yogurt, two strawberries chopped up and cooked to Lowan's directions, yummy. And yes I was looking for a Gluten Free breakfast product, what a score:-)

Pete in Melbourne

Pete in MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Simply the best breakfast cereal I've had, and I've tried manyyyyyyyyyyy

Dave2192

Dave2192Geelong

Best breakfast cereal when you can't have gluten and anyone would enjoy it

I now have this product as porridge nearly every morning. Adding a little LSA and brown sugar and a small amount of lactose free milk. I start early and am not hungry till nearly lunch so really good for my diet requirements. Being brown rice it's so much better in nutrition and fibre.
Easy to make no fuss

IBee
IBee

Elaine B.

Elaine B.asked

I live on central coast where can I buy Lowans rice flakes

Bibbi

Hi Elaine, as I'm aware, unfortunately Lowan Rice Flakes are no longer available anywhere due to gluten contamination. To remedy this they would need to process in separate machinery which is not cost effective. I have been purchasing Rice flakes from Affordable Whole foods, a bit more pricey but they are the same as the Lowan brand. Best of luck

Grant Kowald

Thanks for the feedback. I live near Caboolture, Qld and wondering if you know whether Affordable Whole Foods distribute stock to supermarkets in Qld?

Leanne G.

According to their website they ship to your location Grant but like Bibbi mentioned the cost is rather high. For a kg of rice flakes including shipping it's just under $20. Maybe speak to managers of your local Woolies and Coles to see if it's possible for them to stock this product. I'm sure they're well aware that Lowan's no longer supply them.

sylviab

sylviabasked

where can I purchase Lowan rice flakes in Western Australia

Jules
Jules

discontinued

sylviab

sylviabasked

where can this product be bought - tried all supermarkets and it seems no one stocks it anymore

Tony Woods
Tony Woods

Lowan has ceased manufacture of these products as they are no longer commercially viable.

GREENS GENERAL FOODS
Tayla Chaplin

Get an answer from our members and Lowan representatives