7Lucky Dog Bones

Pet's Life StageAdult and Senior
Side Effects Yes · No
4.5
Smell
Brand Manager for Lucky Dog? Claim your listing.

Cathy
CathySydney, NSW3 posts

The biscuit is too hard that even I try to break it with my hands

My 3 year old German Shepherd does not even want to eat this biscuit. When I try to break it with my own hands, it take me force to break it in half. This is my second try to buy this biscuit for my dog. It is all waste of money. Show details
Mark B.
Mark B.3 posts

Purina Original Lucky Dog Bones No longer value for money!

Just this year (2022) Purina’s Original Lucky Dog Bones have had two major increases in price; $4.50 to $6 (33% increase) and now $6 to $7.50! (25% increase, and a total of 66.67% increase from $4.50 to $7.50!)
My dogs love these as a treat and we used to get through quite a few having 2 healthy Rottweilers. The price is ridiculous so I no longer buy this product. And, to add insult to injury, Coles have the audacity to put one of the ‘price has gone down’ stickers next to the product. This really sums up the plastic and dishonest world we find ourselves living in today. Show details
shanete58
shanete5811 posts

Great product great price- Lucky dog minis and Lucky dog bones

First up these are in short supply but they will be back in the shops in about for weeks-December-my dog loves these- great for his teeth here is a tip if your dog reacts to these stop feeding them this=simple really Show details
Pram_Fan_Perth
Pram_Fan_PerthHobart, TAS8 posts

Cheap and cheerful old fashioned treat

My dog likes these, though I strictly give only two or three a week as a treat, alternating with Schnackos and dried meat treats.
Only last a good 20 seconds and he looks like he'd be happy for more if I gave them. No adverse reactions so far. Show details
Smell
Budgie
Budgie

Not overly impressed

One of my boys won't touch them the other two will I had hoped they would all like them. Not sure if I would buy again

rloc
rlocsydney2 posts

Craig - prospect
Craig - prospectAdelaide South Australia6 posts

Why did you change the recipe ??? BIGGER Profit ??

I have been purchasing this product for 15 Years

They have changed the recipe - its RUBBISH now my girls won't touch them.

Brian
Brian2 posts

Labrador rejected new bone biscuits!

Our Labrador ditched the new smaller expensive bone biscuits, for a Labrador that's saying something! Found a better product fortunately.

Penlexa
PenlexaKilkivan2 posts

Disappointed

I am disappointed in the down sizing of the Lucky Dog bones from box to packet. Not only has the price been going up steadily over time but now with the changeover to different packaging the amount of bones has gone down by 20%. I have been buying this product for many years but now am trying different home cooked alternatives which has provided me with both an interesting challenge and the knowledge that I know exactly what is in my "treats".

Dave T.
Dave T.

New packaging

I have to agree this new packaging is just a ploy to get us to pay more for less. The biscuits are much smaller and the they have obviously changed the recipe.

snoopie
snoopie

New packaging

I agree with both NOT HAPPY JAN and CHRIS T the new packaging is so deceitful in price and product, the biscuits are much smaller and the texture is different, and the prices is just about the same, the size from 1 kg to 800 g and they think we would not notice, i have been buying these biscuits for years now, but after this i will not be buying them again, its nothing but thievery, when will these companies realise consumers don't like to be ripped off.

not happy jan
not happy janSydney4 posts

New packaging is deceitful

In November 2015 I was paying 4.50 a kilo, by December it had gone up 17% to 5.30 a kilo - ok, I accept I had been paying 4.50 for a long while and prices do eventually go up. But in Feb 2016, the packaging changed, along with the price, so now paying 4.99 for 800 gms, which equates to 6.23 a kilo and a 38% increase over 5 months, plus now the package can't be recycled, and the smell and texture is different. Typical behavior from Nestle - they ruined a great product. Just another product I will now buy elsewhere, probably online. And the big brands, suppliers and retailers wonder why they lose business? The consumer is smarter than big business thinks.

Chris T
Chris T2 posts

Repackaged

These bones have been repackaged and the net weight has decreased from 1kg to 800gm. Also they used to be in a box that could be recycled, the packet cannot. Have been buying them for years will not buy them again.

Charlotte
Charlotte

A must have treat for your doggies

My dog loves it so much. I got him the minis pack with beef and bacon flavours just to see if he likes it. We finished the box within two weeks. We got him the 1kg box treat (original flavour) and he still is crazy about the biscuits. Its definitely a great way to treat your doggies. I'm not sure if the smaller breeds would like it especially if they are picky about texture and flavour. We have a staffy and he eats everything. Definitely worth buying.

Kelz097
Kelz097AU16 posts

My dogs love them

My furkids love these bones and one will swallow it whole and wait for another and would happily eat the whole box. They reasonably priced and you can usually buy them from most supermarkets. Another family member who has a smaller dog finds they are hard to break up into pieces but he loves them too so will happily do it for him. Cardboard packaging is great as don't have to store them in another container although they don't last long enough in our household to go really off and it can be recycled which I think is another bonus. I even find the furkids sneaking into the pantry and have busted them stealing them!!
Reasonably priced. Cardboard packaging is great.
My dogs can't get enough of them.

Pauline lucas
Pauline lucas

What are some of the reactions from the lucky dog biscuit

Maureen QUINN
Maureen QUINN

Good morning! We have a gorgeous 4 yo Border Collie and he ADORES PURINA Lucky Dog Bones!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, the Supermarkets have stopped stocking this product (they cannot inform me exactly why they do not stock this very popular item) and after driving around to different Supermarkets - alas!!! we are unable to find Jagger's Dog Bones.....and he isn't happy with other brands...refuses to eat them!!! Such is your popular and yummy dog bones - our Jagger has missed out. Kindly reply to my email when convenient and inform us what/when these Bones will be again stocked on the shelves. Many thanks for your attention to this problem. Jagger says thanks and his mummy Maureen says thanks!! Woof!!

Chrisy M.
Chrisy M.

Does anyone know when these will be available again

CategoryDog Foods