Lumina (Aldi) NSC-650

Lumina (Aldi) NSC-650

See the Best Slow Cookers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Blue1Star

Blue1StarMelbourne

Time bomb.

I have only used this explosive 2 times in 5 years its to big any way after reading all the reports on faulty lid adios mauchachos.The glass is thin and my rice cooker lid is thicker we should get a petition together on here and stick it up Aldi.True Cheers Jeffrey.

Purchased in March 2015 for $45.00.

Lisa54

Lisa54Sydney, NSW

Works ok but too big for our family

I haven't had any trouble with this since my partner bought this home from aldi. Problem is it's so big when you cook a small meal in it the meal gets dried out easily and is nowhere near the succulent meal you expect from a slow cooker - plus it takes too much space in my small kitchen

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Ligia

Ligia

I gave my daughter one of this, and she had to discard

As I said i gave my daughter one of this and she had to discard this in the garbage, it only worked once and the rest, was not working at all, I dont know if it was bad luck or simple as not working anymore. But in future will not buy this brand, just in case

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Katrina MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cooks well. Cleaning? Not as easy.

It cooks the food well. But it always to seem like it has a strange whitish colour after cleaning the ceramic cook pot itself. I cant seem to get it off. Like a coating of some kind is what it looks like. Unless I bought a dud. Hope not, really hope not.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

My lid exploded also

Last night whilst the Lumina slow cooker had one hour to go, I heard a loud pop whilst I was in the kitchen. Fortunately I was on the opposite side of my kitchen, I turned immediately to see the lid had exploded and our dinner had the lid knob and shattered glass fall into the cooking meal. Glass had also shattered across the kitchen bench top. I was disappointed firstly: no dinner on a cold night that had been cooking slowly for 4 hours and secondly, that it was an Aldi product and therefore backed by a certain level of reliability. The cooker had only been used about 6 times.

Glass lid shattered

Glass lid shattered and propelled glass all over my kitchen. Aldi were very quick to refund me. But I think the product needs to be recalled. I had used it about 10 times in 3 years without any issues but this one time was horrible. Thank goodness myself and my daughter were in the other room.

RyleeSydney

Lid shattered also!!!

Had the slow cooker for AGES and loved it. Went to use it one morning and the glass lid had shattered in the cupboard. Now I know what the muffled bang was I heard the night before - I put it down to something falling in the pantry. Looking for a replacement slow cooker at the moment, so thought I'd check the reviews to see if anyone else had problems with the lid. Reading here it seems like 99.9% had the same problem. Such a shame, as I really liked it - heated perfectly and was a great size.

Rylee

Finally got around to buying another slow cooker - the 5L one from Woolworths. Love it

chocoholic_

chocoholic_

Awesome slow cooker

Such a great SC. Really effective and good settings. The high cooks quickly but not too hot, the low is good too. Bought it second hand two years ago and would use it 3 times a week minimum, it's still going very strong.

Not a fan

Not a fansydney

Lack of customer service, poor quality, glass lid shattered

Lawrence

Lawrence

Lumina slow cooker

Best slow cooker we have had. Had other brands and elements in base burnt out.
I like the different size bowls, the large is great for soups and lamb shanks.
The bowls are easy to clean also the stand if any food spills over.Have never had a problem with the lid.
Have had the slow cooker for about 1 year.
Different size bowls

great slow cooker

I have had this slow cooker for about 2 years and never had a problem with it. I usually use the high setting to cook things for dinner and love to be able to set and forget. Great results and for the price it easily matches some of the more expensive slow cookers I have tried over the years.
inexpensive, 6L capacity

Best Slowcooker ever!

I have my 'Aldi Slow cooker' now since almost 6 month and I am using it 3 to 4 times per week. I purchased a fantastic slow cooker receipe book fr Target with dishes that are delicious...never had dried out food. So far no issues with the lid....that would be a great loss....
Size, ease of use, timer
Nowhere to be found to how many degrees it actually heats up on the different settings

mellie48

Kim, I have used a temp probe to check the temps when cooking. usually cooking about 80 degrees at least.

Cook in CoburgGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So far, so good (knock on wood)

I have had my slow cooker from Aldi for about 2 months now and used it 5 times. I have kept it on low for almost all my cooking and the food has turned out great. Thankfully, my lid has not exploded (yet?). I am very nervous based on all the other reviews, but really like the digital settings and size. I have done 2 curries, a chicken bake, soup and chilli. No issues at all to report thus far, but I am certainly wary and won't leave it on when I go out b/c of the other reviews. Very gentle with the lid too.
Digital option with low, high and warm plus timer.

If you find the knob on the lid is a little bit loose, DON'T tighten it. Mine was fine for years, I tightened the knob, and next time I used it *SMASH*. It's a little loose to allow for expansion and contraction of the glass. :)

Cook in Coburg

Good hint for the knob on lid. Crockpot is still going well after 4 years :)

David KokAU

LID EXPLODED

Used if for a week or two - fantastic. Large capacity, great lamb shanks, turkey legs, osso bucco, all good. Great winter food.

BUT went to get it out of the cupboard to use again - opened the cupboard - didn't even touch it - the lid exploded into hundreds of pieces. Sharp pieces. VERY DANGEROUS PRODUCT.

THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE RECALLED.
Was big and worked well for a week.
DANGEROUS - lid exploded randomly.

Does anybody know where you can buy new lids from?

Chris

ChrisDunlop

Why hasn't this been recalled? Lid shattered

Why hasn't this product been recalled. We had finished cooking, it been off on for more than two hours and the lid shattered. As I'm not the first to report the lid issue, this should have been recalled. How many haven't been reported just because "you get what you pay for". There are still safety standards!

Dried out food even on lowest setting

Anna0267

Anna0267Turramurra

Glass lid shattered

This product had huge potential. It was reasonably priced and looked like it was good quality. It was heavy and ceramic dish large enough for a whole family. But Beware!! Lid literally shattered. It did not simply crack - it shattered into hundreds of tiny pieces - not safety glass - but sharp shards.
Reasonable price. Felt heavy - with lovely ceramic, large dish.
Design / manufacturing issue with the lid.

Outer cover extremely hot

I was recently given the Aldi Lumina 6.5lt (brand new) slow cooker... is the outer cover supposed to get extremely hot,as I have never used a slow cooker before I thought it only heated the internal ceramic bowl or do all slow cookers heat up on the outside as well.

Ana49

Ana49Sydney

Lid exploded!

I guess you get what you pay for! Heard a huge bang and found the lid had exploded into a million pieces. It had only been on for a couple of hours. The stainless steel insert stained very easily & I found the meat would dry out. Would never buy another slow cooker from Aldi.

pam29
pam29

DodiMELBOURNE

Slow Cooker lid exploded

Lumina NSCD-650
Was horrified when the lid on the slow cooker exploded. Sending the handle into the air and hundred of pieces of glass into the food and the kitchen. The Cooker had been on for only 2 hours and on low. Luckily no-one was hurt. I would not recomend this.
The idea of being able to slow cook dinner.
The lid exploded. Luckily no one was injured.

JLyon
JLyon
David Kok

Had A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH THE LID EXPLODING. We opened the cupboard and were about to get it out to use it - didn't even touch it - and the lid suddenly exploded.

Worst slow cooker ever!

With the Lumina Slow cooker i guess you get what you paid for. An absolutely horrible, dangerous product.
As like many other people with the same cooker the lid of the cooker exploded. The lid was sitting on the bench next to my cooked dinner when all of a sudden the lid exploded into thousands of pieces (into the dinner). The lid was not hot nor cold it was at room temperature and could be touched. I am just glad this did not happen while it was left on all day to cook when i was out and that my children were not near by. This cooker is not recommended at ALL!

Cheaply made, exploding lid, dangerous.

Val55
Val55

Thankyou for your comments. I used mine last night for the first time and after going to bed the lid exploded. I won it at our local club, and now ready to return it.

Dodi

Our lid also exploded during the cooking process.