Maison (Aldi) Electric Yoghurt Maker

Maison (Aldi) Electric Yoghurt Maker

3.4

Love it

I had my Aldi yoghurt maker for over four years. The first time I used it- I had the lids on the jar and was not truly happy with the yoghurt. Tried again as suggested in the manual but this time left the lids of the jars out and the yoghurt turned out just right. The only down side is getting extra jars of the same size, so I've picked a few from the two dollar store and they do the trick.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Love, love, love it!

I've had my Aldi yogurt maker for 3 years and as my granddaughter is lactose intolerant, I use uht long life full cream milk and a small tub of lactose free yogurt by Liddell and it works perfectly every single time! The yogurt appears alittle runny whilst still warm, but firms up beautifully in the fridge. I've just bought a second one for my daughter! Great little product!

I love it!!!

Very happy with this Yoghurt Maker. I got it from Aldi and mine came with instructions, does what supposed to do, makes great yoghurt. I only use full cream milk, usually leave it on over night, and the yummy tick yoghurt is ready in the morning... Love the little glass jars too.

Novelty / Snack Makers

Find out how Maison (Aldi) Electric Yoghurt Maker compares to other Novelty / Snack Makers

Happychappy68

Happychappy68AU

Lumina (Aldi) Yoghurt Maker

I bought this because it was cheap and easy to test if it would be okay to make 24 hour yoghurt (required to remove the lactose for my kid). I found using a reliable thermometer that the machine actually over heats the yoghurt up to 50 c well before even four hours which means it's killing the bacteria. Not a good solution for us. However, I purchased a 24 hour timer for around $9 at Bunnings and with the machine running on for 45 minutes and off for 15 minutes it sits perfectly around 40 c. Those of you who want yoghurt for the great bacteria I strongly recommend you test the temperature of your machine.
    Great design. Lovely little jars to go in fridge or for taking out and about.
    Overheats the yoghurt.

sherriVic, 3802

Hard to rate

I bought this a while back from Aldi. It was an unopened (as far as I can tell) unit and I was looking forward to using it but when I opened it up, everything was beautifully intact, but no instructions were in there!
    The warranty card is there. No instructions. I presume it takes water in the base and a few hours of electricity but without the instructions, I am just not sure how to proceed.
    The unit looks fine, the packaging was good.
    I suppose I should have opened it sooner but I got busy and only recently decided to try it out.
    How can I say if I can't use it
    No instructions

brainnbrawn
    brainnbrawn
    Muddy
    Muddy

Perfect best Maker ever

I received mine a present. It makes a nice tasting yogurt if you stick to the directions correctly. Really like the small washable containers to save environment a bit.My children enjoy them and recommend the appliance to to anyone.Easy to clean, easy to store.what more can I say. good and good.
    Saved me heaps in commercial yoghurt
    Needs a timer

sherri

I noticed you said the unit worked well for you. I bought one but no instructions were inside. Are you able to tell me how much water to add to the unit and how many hours to switch it on for? Any information would be welcomed. Thanks.

Saraht
    Saraht

I made the yoghurt last night and it didnt set. im wondering if the appliance is faulty. it says in the manual not to move the appliance while it is doing its thing otherwise it will not set (which i did accidentally) have you ever knocked yours?

Larryy48
    Larryy48
    ytsim

ytsim

Absolutely useless

I made this again for the second time and the "yogurt" if you can call it that is as runny as milk. What a rip off.

it doesnt work, it doesnt make yogurt.

Nazghazali
    Nazghazali

mine doesnt make yogurt either, runny after 8 hours of incubation. Naz

Mike0808
    Mike0808

Mine doesn't work either, and the reason is that it's TOO HOT! I left my cheese thermometer in it yesterday, and it was running at just below pasteurising temperature (60C) and yogurt shouldn't go over 43C.

Motbag
    Motbag

I let mine 'cook' for 10 or so hours and then cool in fridge and it is perfect consistency. No heating, no fuss.