Makita MLT100

Makita MLT100

See the Best Table Saws in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Makita? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Electric brake for safety

• 1,5000W powerful motor

• Extendable table

Cons

• Not the best build quality

Makita junk

Just the worst piece of junk ever . Fence no good, plastic insert fell apart ... engine spluttered and stopped never to work again ! Oh dear so sad that they make stuff this bad

Purchased for $670.00.

Horrie
HorrieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not worth keeping

Bought it march 2021 ( last week). Had been using my old Triton MK 3 for over 25years and the saw finally died after 40 years. Decided to upgrade and bought the Makita MLT100. Table is not flat - out by 1.5mm. Fence vey floppy and move when locking it down and is not stable enough for fine work. Tracks sloppy allowing about 1.5 degrees of movement with the mitre. Plastic insert very week and floppy.
Poorly made. I'll take it back next week.

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $679.00.

TheBuyer
TheBuyerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waste of Money - DO NOT BUY this TABLE SAW

The Makita MLT100 Saw is bad news.
- Sliding table moves out of square by 6mm.
- Plastic part fall off.
- Top of main table is not flat is out on the sliding table wing by height of 3mm.
- Ripping fence bends out of square.
- T-track and t-bar have 2mm movement off square.
- Kerf out of line needed to bend it back in line with the saw blade as it would catch.

So many issuse not worth the money or time to fix all the problems. Unless you are not looking for cut within a 0.5<1mm cut line.

Purchased at Total Tools Physical store for $650.00.

Good for the money

Its a good saw for the price. Took a couple of hours and patience to set measurements, guides and slide right. It now cuts really well, straight, square and accurately. I am happy with the results so far. I know there is a few negative reviews, but out of the box it definitely needed adjusting and tunning. The fence will need some modifications to support it more, but I can't see this being a big job. I'm happy so far.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $669.00.

David Goldstraw
David GoldstrawRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Poor design.

I bought a new model MLT100N in mid-May 2020. Within a few cuts it became apparent that the rip fence is pretty much useless if you accurate, square cuts. Even a little bit of lateral pressure pushing the workpiece up against the rip fence caused it to go out of square. I had heard that Makita had fixed the fence issue with the new model. They haven’t. Also, it’s really heavy and awkward to move around. I went back to Trade Tools and they were good enough to take it back, even though Makita refused Trade Tools’ on returning it. Makita said, “it’s not supposed to be a precision machine”. What a lame cop out from Makita I bought a DeWalt 7491XE instead and it’s sooooo much better. Don’t buy this saw, it’s crap.

Purchased in May 2020 for $679.00.

bobby1
bobby1Brisbane

It is not perfect and I can live without it!!!

I purchased this table saw a few days ago and I have already replaced the pathetic plastic insert cover and the pathetic fence and the T slots are also pathetic otherwise this table saw is ok for the occasional woodworker. Really Makita should be ashamed of themselves for selling this table saw with those easy to fix problems.

Purchased in January 2020.

Marital definitely needs to lift their game.

Straight out of the box the fence wouldn't lock down. Poor manufacturing. The guard system allows no other cuts than ripping of small stock, is flimsy and eventually broke. Bad. Next the fence got wildly inaccurate (out of table square) the blade grabbed and I was lucky to not get injured. Bad. The solution to this was the two grub screws on its base that allowed adjustment. Good. Then the fence and the blade were not parallel and again it grabbed and chipped out. Bad. After inverting the saw I finally found an adjustment at the top where the carriage swivels. Two 10mm bolts that can be eased and the blade made parallel.
Really didn't expect so many problems from a Makita oh oh, made in China.
Junk, dont buy.
Australia

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings for $595.00.

MadlamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great saw

Quieter than other saws iv had nice guide system and extendable table. Runs smooth. Easy to.clean out than other saws . Good power cuts thru anything. Rate highly for diy use

Purchased in October 2019 for $600.00.

Happier than I expected

Reading reviews for this saw had me worried but after using it my only complaint would be the fit of the mitre fence runner in the saw table slot. Sloppy!

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Richard Mittra
Richard MittraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed.

I have always been a staunch Makita owner and on Sunday sold my 2400B Miter Saw as I had replaced it with a new AEG saw/stand system. This was one of the most reliable of your previous products that were always represented by the signature blue. The MLT100 is quite a disappointment as the runners on the miter assembly are flimsy/slack and the fence is equally so. I noticed too, that it was produced in China....the home of products of the lowest/cheapest quality and am shocked to note that the Japs would farm their work to someone notorious for crappy workmanship and jeopardise their well-earned reputation to save a YEN!

Purchased in May 2019 for $649.00.

ThornyBob
ThornyBobMelbourne

It's done me no wrong.... :)

Purchased in April 2012 at Bunnings Warehouse for $518.00.

Angata
AngataMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good up to a point

I'm a tradesman. I've used Makita for most of my tools for over forty years. This is pretty much junk. The fence is shoddy and will not stay in place because only one end fixing which is flimsy. Everything all the other reviews say about this is true. It kicked back today because the fence was wobbly and now there is a massive noise in the motor/bearings somewhere that makes it scary to use. I bought a much cheaper Ryobi to assist on a job and it is so much better. Stay away from this machine. If Makita have dropped their quality so much I'll move to another brand. Can't trust Makita any more!

Purchased in July 2017 for $600.00.

LuckySam
LuckySamBRISBANE

Makita MLT100 Piece of Junk !

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

MLT100 by Makita. Great for the Builder or Handyman

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Downhill Madman
Downhill MadmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

I upgraded from a Ryobi 10"

Date PurchasedMar 2018

shayne l.
shayne l.asked

I have the saw in question what is the guarantee period please?

Clem Wooding
Clem Woodingasked

I purchased a MLT100 09 July 2019 from Mitre Ten Ferrymead Branch in Christchurch New Zealand.

I own quite a few Makita Tools.

Then the saw stopped working. Phoned Mitre Ten advised me to bring it in and of to the service center should be back in a week or so.

Explained this is my work noone can not have a tool for over one week.

Made a check and thought may have been the cord so shorted it to no avail. Big mistake they properly going to tell me the warranty not valid anymore.

Finally took direct to service center as Mitre Ten told me they turn tools around in 24 hours.

Service center says not so , may be fixed this week but not sure.

Meantime I cant do any work.

Any advise for me ?

Madlam

I had the same problem but with metabo. I make furniture for a living and I was without my saw for over a month only to get it back not fixed properly the blade was 3mm out . So I took it back and told them I wasnt leaving until it was fixed and I stood in the repair centre and they fixed it within half hour .

donasked

how to adjust saw alinement

Julian C
Julian C

Loosen two hex drive screws and parallel fence to blade by measuring at front of blade to fence and back of blade to fence. If these measurements are the same, you're in business. You can also try lining up fence with mitre track but blade parralleness is more important

don

loosen two hex drive screws. where are they located

The Makita MLT100 is a table saw that comes fully assembled, has a cast iron coating and is fitted to a plastic base. This saw is suitable for cutting a range of woods with left, right and rear extraneous tables. It has a powerful 1,500W motor and convenient on-tool storage for accessories.

Features:

• Contains a right and rear extension table for greater cutting capacity
  • Electric brake for extra safety
  • 1,500W motor for powerful cutting performance
  • On-tool storage for TCT saw blade, rip fence and mitre gauge etc
  • Newly designed blade guard for reduced kickback and top guard to prevent the feeding of over-capacity workpieces
  • Bevel Cutting easily adjusts the bevel angle by loosening the lock lever and turning the handwheel until the desired angle is obtained, indicated by the arrow pointer
  • Mitre gauge simply loosen the knob on the gauge and align to the desired angle (0° to 60°)
  • On-tool storage, Push stick, triangular rule, saw blade and wrenches can be stored on the left-hand side of the base. Rip fence and mitre gauge can be stored on the right-hand side of the base
  • Extendable sub table on the right-hand side and rear of the saw can be adjusted to the desired length
  • 2 Years Warranty Covered By Makita Australia

This product includes:

• 1 x TCT Saw Blade 260mm x 30 x 40T (B- 10774)
  • 1 x Guide Rule
  • 1 x Mitre Gauge (with Vise)
  • 2 x Wrench
  • 1 x Hex Wrench
  • 1 x Push Stick
  • 1 x Triangular Rule

What reviewers thought

Reviwers complained that the table had a number of problems such as the top not being flat, the plastic insert breaking and overall,the product being flimsy and difficult to operate.

CategoryTable Saws