ALDI Mamia Nappies

• Comfort

Casey
Casey Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smelly

Normally use Huggies and have never had a problem although thought I would try these. They fit fine the problem is the smell, I don’t smell a thing with the huggies nappies and even after these being on only for 1 hour they always have a strong urine smell so obviously the absorption is not as good

Purchased in April 2021.

Fleur
FleurMelbourne

Best nappy on the market

Great nappy especially considering it’s half the price of other brands. Have tried the other more expensive brands and they just fall apart or are the same thing, which makes me wonder why I would pay more.

Purchased in April 2021 at ALDI for $10.00.

Tamikha
TamikhaCentral Queensland, QLD

Sizing runs small

My 15 month old looks like a 2/3 year old so I've always has to get bigger sizes. But these were never going to fit despite getting the appropriate size for his weight. They were so tight, didn't even stretch across his bum and gave him a rash. Threw them all out.
But despite that, they seem good value for money. Just didn't suit us.

Purchased at ALDI.

Renee Short
Renee ShortSydney, NSW

Leaking overnight

Absolutely terrible! I will never buy these again, they don’t fit properly on kid’s bottom so they leak. The quality is very poor and the urine smells. Back to Huggies!!

Purchased in February 2021.

Jenny
JennyHunter Region, NSW

Caused severe skin irritation

My 13 month old son’s daycare use this brand and after a full day in these diapers he developed contact dermatitis. Wherever the absorbent parts of the nappy touched his skin was inflamed and the next day he developed painful skin erosions.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue
Margaret
MargaretVictoria

Bad nappy rash

I have used Aldi nappies with my first daughter and I had no problem. Then I started using them with my newborn and she got the worst nappy rash I have ever seen. They used to be good quality but now they smell different and are less absorbent. I have now changed to Huggies and my daughter rash is healing. Not sure why they changed them as they use to be good.

Purchased in October 2020 at ALDI.

MeganB
MeganBRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Horrible Nappies

Brought Aldi's Mamia Nappy Pants in size 4 thinking we'd try them as my daughter is a nightmare to change, plus they were a really good price at $14.99 for a good size pack.
Worst money spent.
I picked my daughter up and immediately could feel wetness on the outer nappy. I changed her but nappy was super light and hardly any wee in the nappy.
Very ill fitting.
I would not recommend these to anyone, however if they work for you, great!

sarah b.
sarah b.Perth, WA

Dreadful nappies

These nappies were dreadful for my son. Red rash and moisture visible in the creases. Definetly not a good fit for mt son. Huggies all the way. Never a problem. More expensive but 100 percent worth it

Awful waste of money

I bought these on a deal so got alot quite cheap and they were still a waste of money. Used on my both my children. They leak, they dont fit properly on any childs bum. Not designed properly. I have used alot of nappies but these are by far the worst. Wouldnt use them if they were free

Purchased in August 2020 for $30.00.

Simon
Simon

Wrong ingredients on this one Aldi

Aldi products are usually great, but their nappies caused a large bottom rash within 1 day. Something in the nappy caued it to stick to her bottom, over the conventional brands such as huggies.

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI.

Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.South East Queensland, QLD

Cheap and ill fitting

According to the weight guide on the packet my son should be in crawler as he is weighing 8kgs however they are way too small very short and dig into bubs hips not impressed .

Purchased in September 2020.

llee
llee

Used to be great, now leak

I have used these nappies for a few years now and every now and then switched up the brand to End up coming back to them. HOWEVER, ever since the change of nappy, both my sons constantly leak at night. Not just a little bit but like they don’t even have a nappy on. It’s ridiculous. Fix your nappies aldi! I’ll be searching for a new brand

Daytona
DaytonaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nappy rash

Have used Aldi nappies for my previous two kids but never the newborn ones. Tried recently for third child after using Huggies for first 5 weeks. Had no nappy rash with Huggies. Within a couple of days of using Aldi ones, my baby had developed bad nappy rash. Despite persistence for a few days with generous and frequent applications of Sudocream, the rash continued and didn't improve. Putting it down to Aldi ones being less absorbent. Will be going back to Huggies newborn.

Purchased in June 2020.

AleishaGungahlin 2912, ACT

Not a fan

This is a brand I wouldn’t recommend reasons being
-my son received chemical burns.
-I feel as if the nappy itself is too thin
-You get what you pay for (cheap)

Purchased at ALDI.

Rhys
RhysGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad sizing

I got these for my daughter and the sizing is either incorrect (too small) or the tabs don't give enough protection to the child's hips because my daughter ended up with red marks on her hips due to the tabs rubbing. We used them for day time nappies as we found they were not absorbent enough to last a comfortable nights sleep.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $10.00.

Sarasked

Does anyone know if Mamia nappies contain any nasties?

Aleisha

What nasties are you referring to? It’s all a trial and error process when choosing the right nappy for your baby.. my son has a reaction to this brand but for some other babies they work well. It’s all up to trying first

Sar

I'm not entirely sure, but I know people talk about nasty chemicals (e.g. the gel etc) that can be dangerous for the baby.

Lisa L.asked

I am wanting to know if anyone else has had a problem with the sizing as they say 16-25kg, I just had my son weighed he is 15kg & we have used the nappies since birth but now cannot as the straps only just do up also he started to get a rubbing mark on the top of his leg? It's a shame to I've never had any issues with any of the other sizes since newborn & any other nappie that's come close is like 12+ cents a nappy more. Am really confused because of what size they say but wondering if anyone else has had this same issue?

Chezz N.
Chezz N.

I absolutely love these nappies I used them with my son from birth to 5 years old as he had toileting problems. Never had any issues with them.
He is now 13 years old.
I now use them with my 3 month old and they are still great quality.
I did have a sizing issue as she it only just about to go to 5kgs but we have had to put her in the crawler size as the tabs were rubbing on her legs but apart from that I would highly recommend, great pricing and very easy to use.

Vtan
Vtanasked

I have opened 2 packets and there were only 26 nappies in each packet but the packaging says there is 28. Anyone counted the nappies before?

Lisa L.

No but I think I will now, how rude! Definitely be writing to them to complain, freebies alert maybe or at least what you paid for lol!

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives