ALDI Mamia Gold

ALDI Mamia Gold

1, 2, 3

Pros

• Great value for money

• Convenient packaging

• Dissolves easily in water

• Gentle on your child's tummy

• Breastfed Child Yes (15) · No (21)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (35) · No (0)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (11) · No (24)

beaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product.

Purchased in September 2020 for $12.99.

Pallavi kapoor

Pallavi kapoor

Best formula .. my baby loves it

I started this formula when my baby was 1 week old... she tolerates it so well and loves it... i myself try it in the beginning To find out the taste and it tastes really good. Highly recommended

Purchased in August 2020.

Fabulous standard formula!

Baby had no problems transitioning from breast milk, always available and can't go past the price. Both the 1 and 2 formulas are great for babies with no dietary issues.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for $12.99.

Maggie S.

Maggie S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect !! Winwin

So i started with belamys when my baby was 3 months but since it was too expensive i thought of switching to a cheaper option so went for mamia. Started by mixing it with balemys. my daughter is 7 months now and she loves mamia.

Purchased in August 2020 at ALDI for $12.89.

Pinkyflop

PinkyflopDarling Downs, QLD

Worst

I have always liked aldi’s item but this milk formula that i have tried ended up my daughter into the emergency twice due to allergic reaction i have only given her about 50-60mls and ended up in the hospital.

Purchased in June 2020 at ALDI for $12.99.

Nickeysixx

NickeysixxCentral, SA

Absolutely heinous

From what I've noticed in discussions in my mum's group this formula is either fantastic or horrible.
Unfortunately for my son it did not agree with him at all and caused him a severe stomach upset with horrid diarrhoea. This and vomiting is not an uncommon reaction from the experiences I've been told.
My son drank it fine and it was easy enough to prepare but his reaction made it undrinkable.

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for $13.00.

Aleisha

AleishaGungahlin 2912, ACT

Thinking about swapping back to s2

My son is now 1 and is not liking cows milk so I thought I’d try S3 is that he is 12m and After comparing ingredients of S3 to s2 I am thinking of changing back to s2 as this has 14g of sugars where as s2 had none. Pictures are of S3 and s2 mamia formula

>Updated< , going back to S2 as this formula does not sit well with my LO, he cries at night in pain from his stomach and wakes up in the morning with poo explosions

Purchased at ALDI for $11.99.

Aleisha

AleishaGungahlin 2912, ACT

If you want to save money, try this!

* my son tried APTIMAL GOLD and then switched to A2 Platinum, at $38 per tin I couldn’t keep going and the formulas above were making my son vomit more often so I tried mamia brand at 6m and never gone back to other brands as he digested Mamias brand well
* no reactions, he enjoyed it
* easy to prepare and he vomited less often

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for $12.99.

Leah

LeahSydney, NSW

Awesome! Affordable and baby loves it

Switched baby from bf/nan optipro straight to mamia gold 1 at 8months and haven't looked back. She loves it and so does our bank account. Used it ever since and she's nearly 11months.

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for $12.99.

Bella

BellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

excellent formula so far switching from more expensive was easy without fuss or issues.

Our baby likes the formula easy to digest and is not constipated. We switched from more expensive to find Aldi better overall plus the price is very low so far. 5 stars.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $12.99.

Caused Unease / SicknessNo

Terrible Formula Gave my Son Constipation!!

I was using the stage 1 formula which was great, then put my son on the stage 2 got terrible constipation. I had a look at the ingredients and its contains very high iron which can cause constipation. So i thought i would try a different formula and within a day his constipation has gone now using Karicare has been great and a lot lower in Iron. Hope this can help anyone going through the same thing.

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI.

Caused Unease / SicknessYes

Green poo, not easily digestive, vomit couple of times as well

Switch from Nan, terrible experience baby was uncomfortable all night and green poo, hard to digest as baby vomits even after burp. Baby loose some weight as well.
No No to this product.

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for $12.99.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not bad

This formula isn’t terrible, especially for the price but my baby was quite windy on this so we have since switched to something else. Would recommend for babies who don’t have any digestion issues as my Bub seemed to enjoy the taste.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $14.00.

Chai

ChaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

My baby was not with this

My baby was not happy with this mamia , immediately gave our child very bad constipation. Couldnt sleep & pass poo.Moreover my son suddenly start screaming & it’s continued 2 hrs , so we need to admitted him to the hospital .Switched back again to Aptimal.

Purchased in January 2020 for $12.00.

Breeana

Breeana

Great

Such great formula for such a good price, toddler doesn’t eat a lot off food and prefers his milk so we gave this ago, helped his poo so much and keeps him fuller for longer.

Purchased in January 2020 for $11.00.

A spoon full of sugar

A spoon full of sugarMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect formula with a good price tag

We started our baby off on NAN - baby didnt seem too fussed but at $30 and the varied availability we changed to Mamia. Baby likes it and has had no side effects, it's only $13 and it's always in stock. Every baby is different but this product really works well for us

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $13.00.

Maisha21

Maisha21Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good except...

My baby drinks it no problem, just as much as the step 1 mamia gold. He does not seem to have any side effect from it. The formula is easy to prepare. The only downside is that it has a strong metalic scent/flavour that you can't ignore.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI.

gina1234

gina1234Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brilliant for baby and my pocket!

Purchased in July 2019 at Tarneit for $12.00.

Mollyluce

MollyluceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent formula!!

After two days of the Aldi formula my baby slept for 6 hours straight which was a first. He also went for longer between day feeds, it’s a creamy formula.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $12.00.

Sunny88

Sunny88Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

One of Our Favorites

My toddler does not like cows milk, so I tried to give Mamia Gold 3. It has been good so far. We have been using it for almost 3 months now. No constipation. My toddler drank about 3-4 bottles a day on top of normal solids diet and water. The only thing is the scoop is bigger than our previous formula. Try to use a bigger bottle when preparing 4 scoops. I had 230 mls wide neck bottle and it just wont fit 200 mls of water plus 4 scoops of formula nicely. Overall, good product & very affordable price.

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for $13.00.

Donna C.

Donna C.asked

Gold 1

Hi guys was wondering, my baby boy is going to be two months soon but have changed over to mamia how offered do they have to poo ! Is it still meant to be soft or little hard , before mamia we were on nans he’s poos were liquid run poos

bea

They should be, for his age,the consistency of a soft serve,is the best way to describe it. If you are noticing his poos to be a bit more solid (kangaroo poo) than you could be using to much formula to water ratio. If it seems more runny than usual,his tummy maybe a bit sensitive to the change but should return to normal in time.

Julie

Julieasked

Gold 1

What’s the amount for a 2month old each feed of formula

Jess 1984

Jess 1984asked

Mamia Gold 2

Has any body notice like a nappy rash on there bodies from formula ?

bea

No,I haven't. Both my babies have been on this,my 7month is on number 2 now and he hasn't had any rashes. Be sure to check you haven't changed washing powder,soaps,been in new clothes,changed to different nappies or wipes...etc. It could be contact dermatitis or sweat rash. Just take bubs to doctor to make sure it's nothing serious.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Features:

• For newborns through to toddlers.
  • ALDI Mamia Gold 1 is a whey-dominant formula, making it easy on your baby’s delicate stomach.
  • Mamia Gold 2 and 3 are casein-dominant, aiding your older infant’s transition to whole milk and solid foods.
  • A 900g tin costs only $12.99, making it great for parents on a budget.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers found that their children digested this formula easily and it didn’t cause wind in their babies.
  • Most reviewers found ALDI Mamia Gold easy to prepare, making it one less stress for parents to deal with.
  • The handy packaging of this formula includes a lip on the inside of the tin to level off scoops, so you can have precise measurements with little effort.
  • Costing around half the price of many other formulas on the market, ALDI Mamia Gold is one of the cheapest formulas available.

A point to consider:

• This formula is exclusively available at ALDI, making it difficult to buy for some parents.
Compare all 3 ALDI Mamia Gold
CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)
Stage123