Masport Contractor ST S21 3'n1 SP K

Masport Contractor ST S21 3'n1 SP K

MPN: 564953

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Buyer beware

I have been a contractor for 30 years, so have a bit of an idea on what's to be expected from a mower, I bought two Contractor Mowers and they are rubbish- beware !

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,300.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Product is used: Daily

Thegaygardener

ThegaygardenerGold Coast

Expensive mistake! Back to Honda.

This mower is not fit for commercial use, the gearbox is CONTINUALLY blocked, forever clearing it & its 6 months old, the front wheels are a very poor design, weekly made and overall I think the best description of this product would be Fragile, back to Honda

Date PurchasedMar 2018

DruSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome mower just a little heavy

The Masport contractor is an awesome mower a little on the heavy side but has a perfect cut quality. Get the one with the Briggs engine as the Kawasaki is under powered and not as good as the Briggs engine the mower is a very good mower has a perfect cut quality

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Mikes

MikesPerth

Too many breakdowns

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Not for commercial use

I own a gardening service in Canberra and decided to spend the money on a good quality machine that could cope with the demands of my business.
Big mistake, I took it back today after half a dozen attempts at basic lawn mowing.
It cannot get through the tough long grasses, and even a regular lawn pulls it up, it seems that the motor isn't strong enough to power it?
It really struggled to cut anything and at the first sight of a bit of long grass it folded and conked out.
I buy everything from my local Stihl shop and this is the only thing I have ever taken back to get a refund.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Not a contractors mower to much down time

My new Masport Contractors ST S21 mower spends more time in the repair shop than out working. Faulty gear cable, Rear right hand tyre keep coming off rim. Front axle has snapped twice. Big grass catcher but clogs up when grass is wet. Blades last half as long as previous Honda mowers. Major grass build up in and around gear box behind screw on plate hence build up causes problems with gear cable. Plus with a metal base the mower is to heavy. Cost $1400 use only as a spare mower now as have gone back to Honda's.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Jasper Justus

Jasper JustusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Mower for Domestic Use.

After all my research on Mowers I landed with Masport Contractor (Briggs Engine) It's an Excellent Mower for Domestic use as it's easy to maintain and for spare parts and I have used this mower for 8 times now and I admit its not that great on wet grass but it starts quickly and being self propelled it makes my mowing job easy and has a huge Catcher. If your looking more heavy duty go with the Masport Contractor Kawasaki Engine. But its great and cant complain and much less in price $$$ than the Honda HRU.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Needs more hands on testing and less engineering.

I had been getting 2 years work from the Honda hru's but the last 2 went 14 months before major repairs.
My local shop talked me into this masport in January. Solid looking machine and the motor starts 2nd pull most times.
Worse at picking up damp grass and clogging than the Honda. Which is saying something.
New blades needed after 3 weeks instead of 2 months.
At 3 weeks a weld failed on the front axle. Had to be re welded.
At 10 weeks, last Tuesday, the rear drive axle snapped at the drive cog on the right hand side. Can cut in perfect clockwise circle unless I wrestle it straight. New axle and gearbox still in transit apparently.
Would I buy another one?
You can only fool me once.

redlandsmowerman

It only took 13 days but I'm up and running again(sarc).
Will see how long it lasts.
They had to take a gearbox and axle out of a new floor stock mower.
I have ordered a new axle and box for the Honda. Just in case.