3.7

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Brand Manager for Rover? Claim your listing.

Greg
GregSydney, NSW

Can't Get Spare Parts

I am a lawn contractor and have used rover mowers (procut) for the past twelve years. January last year i purchased a new 560 procut by march the clutch cable snapped. when i contacted my dealer i was told that no parts were available. i eventually got one after many weeks but since then have not been able to get any parts at all. i have since purchased a bushranger mower and have not had an issue in the ten (10) months i have used it. i will never buy a Rover Mower again. Show details
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
BBQman
BBQmanBalwyn4 posts

Good not great - starts easily

I got this two years ago at Masters and chose it mostly based on the name, but also took advice from the sales staff. It ALWAYS starts, never failed to start or been difficult. The weighting is a bit weird with a heavy body and relatively thin handles, meaning there is a but of creak and movement when I turn. It has fixed blades which is fun if you hit a rock. The thing I don't like is the catcher. It's just no good compared to the older design. Still runs like a clock though, so I am giving it 4/5..

V8Mate
V8MateMoorabin4 posts

Very good mower - always starts 1st time

I don't know what kind of ignition system this has but its pretty amazing. I only mow when suburban guilt makes me (lol) so it can be along time between starts sometime but once I prime her up, she roars to life every time. The only servicing I have done is fill the oil up as recommended and check it once. Apart from that nothing and it always works. The blade control is easy to lift up and down and the catcher is easy to empty, Simple and good mower that has worked perfectly and still does!

Blue_Guitar
Blue_GuitarMelbourne4 posts

Super Reliable Mower

I have really not taken care of this but it has been and absolute champion of reliability. It quite literally starts every time, usually first pull. I find it quite easy to push up and down and easy to empty the catcher. It can gum up in the chute between the blades and the catcher if the grass is long or at all damp but it just takes a second to clear. Its a super reliable machine and has been excellent so far

Firepower
FirepowerSouth East Queensland, QLD64 posts

Rover Pro Cut 560 is a GREAT mower

Everything is still working great. Being self propelled with our small incline out the back makes mowing quite easy.

My previous mower was a Rover 21 inch cut but I now need self propelled to make the mowing easy for me. My old Rover and not self propelled and lasted a long time so was time for a Rover self propelled.

I am still very pleased with the new Rover.

Col

Go_Hawkers
Go_Hawkersmelbourne4 posts

Reliable Mower

I have been impressed with the sheer reliability of this mower over the past three years. Has started first time every time and runs on even old petrol when its been left sitting. It just works. Apart from checking the plug and topping up the oil, it has need no maintenance.

Its maneuverable enough to easily do my front and back yards even when overgrown without any fuss, The catcher is very easy to remove and empty. My only area of dislike is the safety bar, it just annoys me but apart from that its a great and very reliable machine

Garden Harmony
Garden Harmony

Absolute BEAST !

I purchased this mower as a back up to give my Honda a rest ! I have had it 4 years now and it has more power than the Honda ,a wider cut,catches in the wet without clogging up. The blades seem to last forever ! I paid $650 for the pro-cut compared to $1500 for the Honda weigh up the amount of return on the Rover if it dies now I will threw it away and buy a new one or keep it for spares !

monaromonaro
monaromonaroMetropolitan Adelaide, SA151 posts

Starts first time and every time!

My mower has the Kohler 8.0, 173cc engine. It starts with one pull of the cord, each time and every time. This was one of the selling points why I paid the extra money for the Kohler engine; my wife and I wanted an easy to start mower and one which was self propelled. Most of the time we use the mulching plug. The cut is always fine, whether it be on lawn or cutting weeds. I am still yet to replace the original blades. I purchased the mower in October 2013; it has done 60 hours of work. Overall a great mower; but if one was lifting it in and out of a car boot they might find it a little heavy.

Show details ·  2

Eric C
Eric C4 posts

Perfect for my garden

I have got this mower few months ago and it has been working well since. Use friendly and easy start, you don't need to mix the oil, just add petrol and oil sepatmrately. it worths the money totally. if there is any negative that I have to say, that will be the catch, which is a little bit too small, however. It more depending on the size of the garden.

Lofty
LoftyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA10 posts

Fine lawns fine cut

It is a solid unit and powerful

Excellent cut, only 2 things that bug me

It is a heavy unit. I feel it on hills and mobility

Also it be good if it had more height adjustment

Over all great mower and at a good competitive price point

The Kohler engine is extremely good Efficient and powerful

Mick
MickChinchilla6 posts

Very good mower

While the Rover mower was cheaper than the Honda I think it is good value for money. Honda are overall better mowers but the premium you pay for the name makes it debatable whether they are worth it or not. Maybe I will get a Honda next time - not sure. I guess with many things you have to wonder whether the quality is till there like it used to be. That seems to apply to just about all products today.

brian
brian3,656 posts

sick of it

Bought the rover lawnmower from bunnings warehouse in north Wollongong . at first it was alright then next thing is known the bolts get loose then the air filter top fell off - about a year lately the air filter broke down the lower end and now the thing that changes the level is broken which likely going to cost too much money to fix

Conclusion : my advice is to buy a better mower

mr incredible
mr incredible

Chris0511
Chris0511AU

Businessbattler
BusinessbattlerNorth Queensland, QLD16 posts

Yes unleaded fuel has a shelf life of 2 months

old mate unleaded fuel has a short shelf life that is why the sell fuel conditioner, you need to apologize. And this is from a small engine mechanic who sees the same thing weekly.

You must use conditioner or drain your fuel if storing over winter. That engine has a warranty i suggest you need to allow the mechanic to correct the issue as that is what he is paid to do.