Rover Pro Cut 560

Rover Pro Cut 560

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BBQman

BBQmanBalwyn

Good not great - starts easily

I got this two years ago at Masters and chose it mostly based on the name, but also took advice from the sales staff. It ALWAYS starts, never failed to start or been difficult. The weighting is a bit weird with a heavy body and relatively thin handles, meaning there is a but of creak and movement when I turn. It has fixed blades which is fun if you hit a rock. The thing I don't like is the catcher. It's just no good compared to the older design. Still runs like a clock though, so I am giving it 4/5..

Date PurchasedAug 2016

V8Mate

V8MateMoorabin

Very good mower - always starts 1st time

I don't know what kind of ignition system this has but its pretty amazing. I only mow when suburban guilt makes me (lol) so it can be along time between starts sometime but once I prime her up, she roars to life every time. The only servicing I have done is fill the oil up as recommended and check it once. Apart from that nothing and it always works. The blade control is easy to lift up and down and the catcher is easy to empty, Simple and good mower that has worked perfectly and still does!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Blue_Guitar

Blue_GuitarMelbourne

Super Reliable Mower

I have really not taken care of this but it has been and absolute champion of reliability. It quite literally starts every time, usually first pull. I find it quite easy to push up and down and easy to empty the catcher. It can gum up in the chute between the blades and the catcher if the grass is long or at all damp but it just takes a second to clear. Its a super reliable machine and has been excellent so far

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Firepower

FirepowerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rover Pro Cut 560 is a GREAT mower.

Everything is still working great. Being self propelled with our small incline out the back makes mowing quite easy.

My previous mower was a Rover 21 inch cut but I now need self propelled to make the mowing easy for me. My old Rover and not self propelled and lasted a long time so was time for a Rover self propelled.

I am still very pleased with the new Rover.

Col

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Go_Hawkers

Go_Hawkersmelbourne

Reliable Mower

I have been impressed with the sheer reliability of this mower over the past three years. Has started first time every time and runs on even old petrol when its been left sitting. It just works. Apart from checking the plug and topping up the oil, it has need no maintenance.
Its maneuverable enough to easily do my front and back yards even when overgrown without any fuss, The catcher is very easy to remove and empty. My only area of dislike is the safety bar, it just annoys me but apart from that its a great and very reliable machine

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Absolute BEAST !

I purchased this mower as a back up to give my Honda a rest ! I have had it 4 years now and it has more power than the Honda ,a wider cut,catches in the wet without clogging up. The blades seem to last forever ! I paid $650 for the pro-cut compared to $1500 for the Honda weigh up the amount of return on the Rover if it dies now I will threw it away and buy a new one or keep it for spares !

Date PurchasedNov 2013

monaromonaroMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Starts first time and every time!

My mower has the Kohler 8.0, 173cc engine. It starts with one pull of the cord, each time and every time. This was one of the selling points why I paid the extra money for the Kohler engine; my wife and I wanted an easy to start mower and one which was self propelled. Most of the time we use the mulching plug. The cut is always fine, whether it be on lawn or cutting weeds. I am still yet to replace the original blades. I purchased the mower in October 2013; it has done 60 hours of work. Overall a great mower; but if one was lifting it in and out of a car boot they might find it a little heavy.

Date PurchasedOct 2013
monaromonaro

Be careful when adjusting the nut of the slide, on the side of the mower in order to adjust the machine from catcher to mulching mode. Initially, more than once I pinched the skin on my finger in the slide. Ouch!

monaromonaro

Since posting my review I have found the receipt of purchase for this item. The date was 22/10/2013.

Eric C

Eric C

Perfect for my garden

I have got this mower few months ago and it has been working well since. Use friendly and easy start, you don't need to mix the oil, just add petrol and oil sepatmrately. it worths the money totally. if there is any negative that I have to say, that will be the catch, which is a little bit too small, however. It more depending on the size of the garden.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Lofty

LoftyAdelaide

Fine lawns fine cut

It is a solid unit and powerful
Excellent cut, only 2 things that bug me
It is a heavy unit. I feel it on hills and mobility
Also it be good if it had more height adjustment
Over all great mower and at a good competitive price point
The Kohler engine is extremely good Efficient and powerful

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Mick

MickChinchilla

Very good mower

While the Rover mower was cheaper than the Honda I think it is good value for money. Honda are overall better mowers but the premium you pay for the name makes it debatable whether they are worth it or not. Maybe I will get a Honda next time - not sure. I guess with many things you have to wonder whether the quality is till there like it used to be. That seems to apply to just about all products today.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

brian

brian

sick of it

Bought the rover lawnmower from bunnings warehouse in north Wollongong . at first it was alright then next thing is known the bolts get loose then the air filter top fell off - about a year lately the air filter broke down the lower end and now the thing that changes the level is broken which likely going to cost too much money to fix
Conclusion : my advice is to buy a better mower

Date PurchasedMar 2009

best mower I've used

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Great when its working ....

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Businessbattler

BusinessbattlerNorth Queensland, QLD

Yes unleaded fuel has a shelf life of 2 months

old mate unleaded fuel has a short shelf life that is why the sell fuel conditioner, you need to apologize. And this is from a small engine mechanic who sees the same thing weekly.

You must use conditioner or drain your fuel if storing over winter. That engine has a warranty i suggest you need to allow the mechanic to correct the issue as that is what he is paid to do.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Christine

ChristineMelbourne

Not impressed

we do not have a huge lawn but big enough (plus nature strip) and have used this mower maybe 5 times as winter meant less grass growth.
Suddenly it started belching out balck smoke and cutting out. The start up is very hit and miss. The mower is 5 months old.

Took it to a Rover service agent who tried to tell me it was due to 'old fuel'. Working in petro chemicals, i know that standard quality unleaded fuel (ie without ethanol) stored correctly does not go off. They use this as a catch all excuse
A service check will take at least 5 weeks. so no mower during spring and $600 wasted.

Next time I'll buy the more reliable $200 Millers Falls Billy Goat. That was fine for 5 years cutting huge tracks of grass over imperfect terrain

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Excellent Mower

Great mower. Did have a problem with clutch plate but was immediately repaired under warranty from Pat's Mowers in Coffs Harbour. Also, later on, had a broken drive pin in the self propelled system - again - repaired by Pat's Mowers in a few days, also changed the oil & replaced the clutch cable at no cost. Very happy with Rover & Pat's Mowers.

Rover Rules in Queensland, great machine Rover 560 Pro Cut.

BoofsaDogSydney, NSW

Gr8 Mower

little weed
little weed

Aaron

Aarontownsville

great machine for the price, simple to use

PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD

• Selected Review

Mine's OK But.....

PaulS

After 2.5 years now, still going strong but I'm questioning the durability of the self-propelled system. And I've heard horror stories about the Chinese built Kohler engine.