4Masport President 3000

4.2

sanshar2002
sanshar200213 posts
  3000 AL S18 Combo Mow n Stow

Powerful, easy to clean and store

Very strong engine, mulches very well. I don't use the catcher. I really like the fold up feature on the handle bars, allows the mower to be tilted back 90 degrees for easy cleaning, and takes less storage space. Easy to menouver, I have garden beds to mow around and it's pretty painless. The handles are comfortable and all the controls are good. Much better fuel economy than my old mtd that lasted nearly 30 years...hoping this will be as reliable and long lasting. So far I'm happy. Show details ·  1
Len K.
Len K.Perth, WA5 posts
  President

President...Not!

Bought it on blind faith due to Masport reputation, misplaced in the end. Cuts ok, hard to push. Petrol start cord is hopless. Trying to start repeatedly in Perth summer heat is worse. Need ice cold beer after mowing. Serviced faithfully, still hard to start. Replaced with Ego 48v, happy as lark. Show details
Masport   DM

We're sorry our machine didn't suit your needs. Please feel free to reach out to discuss any issues you have with our customer service team. Kind regards, Masport.

SteveMid North Coast, NSW7 posts
  Verified 3000 ST S19 Combo SP

A reasonable mower

Catcher could be larger, I had to adjust the throttle (SP) at first I wasn't impressed then on the second mow it had improved, I think in just needed to be run in. Comfortable on arms and hands The SP action doesn't meet my expectation it's good but could be better particularly when I mow my sloping bank (45 degrees). It's ok to good not worth the$889 I paid for it.. If I had my choice again I would purchase a Honda, as I traded my 10 year old Honda SP in on this Masport.

Overall : DISAPPOINTING .. Lacks some SP guts, and not as good a cut as my old Honda.. I purchased this particular model as it was Masport"s Flagship and went on Masport"s reputation ! Show details

Brad
BradGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
  3000 ST S19 Combo InStart

Totally disappointment

At first it seemed fantastic, unfortunately turned out to be rubbish. First the battery went on it after 18months use ( only used every third week since new.),after replacing it, it struggle to kick over at times.Now motor is stuffed. Dealer tried to tell me dust got into engine.. I've had a small engine builder look at it and he's opinion is something has failed to cause score marks in the cylinder head definitely not dust. My neighbour is 82 years of age and brought this particular mower so she can mow the lawns and now she's left with nothing. Not a cheap purchase but a regrettable one. Show details
tanya
tanya7 posts
  3000 ST S19 Combo SP

Disappointing

This mower clogs and stalls easily compared to my old Victa. I used to mow the same flat lawns and the Victa plowed through much longer grass without a hiccup. I thought the flash new Masport would be even better with its bigger engine, but no it clogs and stalls all the time even when I choose a higher cut height. And it's catcher is poor and leaves heaps more grass everywhere that I have to rake up which I never had to do with my old Victa. Wish it hasn't died Show details
Bricky 1980South Australia7 posts
  3000 ST S19 Combo Mow n Stow

Excellent quality lawnmower,and powerful!

Excellent quality lawnmower that is so comfortable to use,has more than enough power with the 150cc 625exi Briggs and Stratton.
I use it on level 5 height adjustment on quite lush/thick lawn and it doesn't bog down at all it just feels nice all round.
As with any purchase a lawnmower is an investment treat it right and service it and it will last a long time.
The President series are the flagship of Masport and so far I'm impressed with my purchase. Show details
Kevin Anderson
Kevin AndersonLaunceston, TAS15 posts
vande
vande
  3000AL 3'n1

Mower falls apart

Apart from the engine, everything on this mower falls apart.

It started with the wheel bearings which had to be replaced, then the catcher, then all the clips on the height adjustment. In all a fantastic Briggs 625 engine that starts first pull every time but as for the rest

The catcher is another thing, it must be the worst ever produced, it has multiple splits and holes which had to be covered up with metal plates on the outside and a rubber lining on the inside.

I would never ever get a Masport again.

Wozza
WozzaMelbourne3 posts

It's Not A Mower, It's A Dust Thrower

Paid $700 brand new ($799 RRP) for a machine that just throws dust all over the place, whether using mulcher or grass catcher. Adjusting cutting height lower or higher doesn't help. Would only buy this model to cut a bowling or golf green. Model is ST S19 Combo InStart. Does start well, uses very little fuel (as I'm only mowing areas of longer grass) and runs quietly. Difficult to clean.

Kim
KimAdelaide7 posts
  3000 AL S18 Combo Mow n Stow

Easy start and capture glass

hi, was upset with my victa mower that I bought a masport one due to easy start. It is indeed easy start, and to my surprise, it capture the glass much better than the victa brand. So, with easy of start, and capture glass much better than victa, with good torque to mow glass, I highly recommend masport mower.

frojer
frojerAU18 posts

Great and won't rust

My mowers live under the house where it is a bit damp. My previous mower rusted out in 3 years. This time I needed rust proof and a bit more power. This one never feels underpowered. It has a side for cutting up against those edges. A lightweight catcher that always connects well. Also it is not too big so easy to maneuver. Does its job well overall.

George
GeorgeCanberra2 posts

over rated

Purchased new 2 months ago on recommendation from mower shop, replacing 15 yo flymo.

Have done 5 hours so far on dry, relatively sparse (pasture grass) lawn. started leaking oil almost straight away and does not cut as well as the old flymo. In addition the whole body shakes slightly as if the rotating assembly is poorly balanced. Mower shop are going to replace leaking gasket and 'have a look' at shaking issue (after i have taken it back to them 50 km away)

on the positive side it is light (compared to honda) and has good handle design, is quiet and good on fuel.

Justwally
Justwally
  3000 ST S19 Combo SP

Pile of rubbish

Crap mower nothing but trouble belts replaced four times in less than twelve months no power would not go up a rise in a drain. l had a victa 505 that was twenty years old and it would run rings around this piece of rubbish. Would never buy another only used about twenty times.

Brian
BrianNorth Western Region, NSW7 posts

Excellent mower

This mower is a replacement for a 30 year old rover with a Briggs and Stratton engine, the first thing this mower is quiet and so much better on fuel, it doesn't rev very high however cuts the grass well. I love the easy storage handlebars and dual mow zones

Gary B
Gary B6 posts

Perfect mower for my 800 M yard

Got a new Masport mower today and used it for the first time. Its the 3000 ST S19 combo. Its light and easy to maneuver and cuts close to edges on both sides of the deck. Used the mulching plate for the entire yard and it was a pleasure not having having to empty a catcher. The yard looked as good as if the catcher had been used. Very happy with it.

Leo R.
Leo R. · President 3000 ST S19 Combo SP

My lawn (couch) has a steep slope, hence the need to have a self-propelled mower. Will the President 3000 ST S19 Combo SP be able to drive itself while cutting up the slope? (Slope is approx 1 in 6 so I think that the 150 cc wouldn't be powerful enough).

Gill N.
Gill N. · President 3000

How to fold handle on mower?

external link

Noel K
Noel K · President 3000 ST S19 Combo Mow n Stow

Is the mower powerful enough to cut thick Kikuyu lawn with just a 150cc engine.

Bricky 1980

It is if you don't lower the height too low,it surprisingly cuts my Kikuyu lawn really well but I don't overload the mower like most people do.
The newer Briggs and Stratton engines seem to have more power than the older ones.
Very happy with mine!

See all Masport President 3000 questions

Compare all Masport President 3000 listings
CategoryPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $649$799$729
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrol
FeaturesFoldable Handle, Mulching Capability and Quick-Start MotorFoldable Handle, Mulching Capability, Quick-Start Motor and Self-PropelledMulching Capability
Catcher Type RigidRigidRigidRigid
Catcher Capacity42 L42 L46.5 L46.5 L
Cutting Deck MaterialSteelSteel
Cutting Width485 mm485 mm460 mm485 mm
Height of Cut6 mm to 73 mm16 mm to 58 mm10 mm to 80 mm10 mm to 78 mm
Number of Blades4444
Weight29.3 kg34.2 kg29.5 kg27 kg
Manufacturer Warranty4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)6 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameBriggs & Stratton 625EX 150cc OHVBriggs & Stratton 625EX 150cc OHVBriggs & Stratton 625EX 150cc OHV
Engine Type4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)
BrandBriggs & StrattonBriggs & StrattonBriggs & Stratton