Maxi-Cosi Citi

Maxi-Cosi Citi

Pros

• 5-point safety harness

• Ergonomic handle

• Machine-washable cover

4.4

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying
Sassy bunny
Sassy bunnySydney, NSW

Flimsy cheap and nasty

Initially wanting the isofix capsule we changed our mind last minute to go with the Citi purely because it is the lightest option however was so disappointed when my husband arrived with it installed to collect baby and I from hospital. The material is akin to that of a heshin bag with the seat belt covers digging into babies face and are also terribly rough with absolutely no support.

Furthermore, the sun canopy fell off twice before we even got down to the car as it is only
Held on by 2 flimsy strips of Velcro.

There is absolutely no way you would happily put your baby in this capsule if you knew how cheap and nasty it is.

Purchased in January 2021 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $300.00.

Sarita
SaritaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

Great capsule and first car seat (rear-facing), no complaints. Lightest capsule on the market, and cheapest option I could find. Comfortable and well-padded, didn't need additional head support. Very easy to install, easy to remove in a hurry. Baby fits for a long time, 9 months old and still fit. Can buy adaptors to fit onto various brand prams.

Purchased at Baby & Toddler Town.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Sarita, Glad to hear that you love our Citi Baby Capsule!

Jireh
JirehSydney, NSW

Love it!

We bought the maxi cosi citi capsule at baby expo last year. We had the color blue. I love the color! Not the typical gray or black carseat. It is very light weight compared to other capsules we tried at the expo. Thats the reason why we bought it. There is a pad insert included for small babies. My bubba is 4months and still using the insert. Its easy to install and remove in the car. We often remove it as we use it as well at home because my bubba settle when sat on it. The reason i gave it a 4star is that the sunshades often easily gets dettach.

Purchased in September 2018.

melissa2417
melissa2417

Great capsule and first car seat for my baby

Absolutely love the maxi-cosi citi! Very light weight compared to other capsules, and this makes handling much easier especially when bubs is heavier. My baby is 9 months old and still fits into the capsule! He seems comfortable in it at all times and seldom complains. I also find that the price is quite affordable

Melissa Rooke
Melissa RookeOfficer

Great capsule/car seat

I am happy with my choice in car seat. The little one appears to be comfortable and enjoys car rides. It is easy to remove (especially in a hurry) and clips into the pram no worries. We also have the other maxi cosi car seat and are equally as happy with that.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Sara
SaraBrisbane

Love it!

Love my maxi cosi Citi! Fits in my small car perfectly and not as bulky as the air! I use the adapters for my uppa baby stroller and baby loves it! I have just deducted a point because the sunshade could be a little lower to cover babies face especially when in the car and also because it doesn’t use the ‘newer’ isofix to install it uses the seatbelt but not a problem once it’s in I guess unless you want to move it?!

Great price, light weight and easy to use

I loved the price first off when purchasing this item, and thought it would make a good first capsule because of how light it was and that we could transfer the baby asleep to the pram without waking him. My son was HUGE when born so didn't last the 6 months but I would for sure reccomend it.
The only issue I had was that it is made from a black fabric made of acrylic fibers and so babies get hot as it's a tight fit for safety! And you can't get a natural fiber insert.

Jacinta S
Jacinta SMelbourne

Easy to use

I wasn’t going to buy a capsule but I’m really glad my husband convinced me to. It is easy to take from car and clip onto pram without waking little bubs. Baby is happy to sleep in the capsule and finds the seat comfortable. It is a little heavy but I would expect nothing else as it has a lot of the safety features that we were looking for.

Chloe J
Chloe JSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!.

I got this capsule last year at the baby expo in June. It was actually on sale so I had to get it. Being my third baby and once she was born I was going to have 3 kids under 3. It was a god send, I've used it every weekend almost for 7 months so it gets a work out and ive pulled it apart a few times to clean it and its actually really easy to but together and take apart. its also really easy to install into a car. I got the leg attachments for my pram as well so it fits onto my city select by baby jogger which makes it so easy to use. I would recommend this capsule 100 times over.

Shan O
Shan OAU

Easy to use

I use this for my third baby and it has been such a godsend. It’s really light and clips in the car in a split second. The only gripe is that the anchor strap gets in the way but thats safety standards I guess. The fabric really does heat up in the Aussie sun but it was easy to install and does not take up too much room in our smallish car and clips on to my silver cross pram! Winning!

ThumbsDownKurmond
ThumbsDownKurmondSydney Surrounds, NSW

worked well for us

we bought maxi cosi citi for our daugter and used it until she was 5 months old.
it was not heavy though we didn't carry it too much and used it on a stroller (we have valco baby snap ultra and the there are adapters available).
it is perfect on a stroller for walks and quick shopping.

we also used it in a car (Mitsubishi Mirage). we used in with the base so it was easy to install. the only think we didn't like is that every time you install it you need to use anchor which goes with capsule. i understand it is for safety but still.

overall we are very happy with it and keep it for our next baby.

Peachypie
PeachypieSydney

So light!

KL.
KL.South Australia

Easy, light weight capsule.

Purchased the Maxi Cosi Citi capsule as it is compatible with my pram and I am very happy. Lightweight but sturdy and not too bulky. The capsule is easy to clip in and out of the car and pram. There is a Sun shade that is detachable. Would definitely recommend.

Ysg
Ysg

Light weight and fit my city jogger mini gt

This capsule is very light and comfortable to carry around. It is compatible (with adaptor) with our city jogger mini gt pram. Very compact and easy to install. I love the padding inside the capsule, very soft and comfortable for the baby. It is also very roomy so baby doesnt feel enclosed.

Carollyn
CarollynMelbourne

Perfect!! Love the lightweight capsule!!

I love that when I purchased this, it was the most lightweight capsule on the market. It was easy to install into the car, and so simple to take the capsule in and out of the car.

We used this with the Bugaboo Chameleon and it was super easy connect.

Getting a capsule was a life saver for the first few months of my newborns life. I didn't have to wake him up when moving him out of the car and into the house/pram.

I highly recommend getting a capsule first, and then moving into a carseat when the baby has outgrown the capsule.

Tash
Tashasked

Hi I just wanted know if the maxi cosi citi has compatible adaptors for the city select pram. If so could you please tell me which one as I cant seem to find the information on the internet. Thanks

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Tash, The capsule adapters are provided by the stroller companies, if you reach out to them they will be able to help you out. The test, develop and sell the adapters to make their strollers into a complete travel system. We do not bring them to Maxi Cos to test as we have no input in the design of them. The Mico AP and Mico Plus are the same shells so if they have compatible adapters for Mico Plus then they will work. Regards Claire - Social Media Team.

Rachelle K
Rachelle Kasked

Are all the maxi cosi capsule adaptor points the same? For example, I have the joovy qool (triple stroller) and purchased the maxi cosi adaptors, the compatibility chart says it’s compatible with the coral xp, Mico, Mico 30, Mico ap, Mico max 30, Mico nxt, Mico pebble and Mico prezi.. I’ve asked joovy and they said they haven’t tested it yet so they could not answer, so I’m wondering if the other capsules would be the same with the Maxi cosi Citi? As far as I’m aware only the ap and the citi are available in Australia (or at least the most common).

Hi Rachelle

Thanks for your question.
Here in Australia the Mico AP & Mico Plus are the same shell just with different fabrics, The Citi is a different shell to the Micos.
The adapters are developed and tested by the stroller companies.

Hope this helps
Maxi Cosi Team

GeorgieSosasked

I bought the Maxi Cosi Citi capsule and base but i didnt realise the base that i bought with it isnt an Isofix base. Can i buy a new base on its own? And can i get and iosfix one that works with the Citi?

Hi Georgie

Thanks for your question.
The Maxi Cosi Citi capsule does come with ISOfix connections, this capsule base is installed using the cars seat belt.
If you have any other questions please contact us on 1300 809 526.

Kind regards
Maxi Cosi Team

GeorgieSos

It does or it doesn’t? Because the one i have doesn’t, but i would like it to.

Customer ServiceMaxi-Cosi

Hi Georgie, Sorry an error was made on the previous response, the Citi doesnot come with ISOFIX. It will need to be installed via the seat belt method installation. Kind regards - Mark, Maxi Cosi Team

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

The Maxi-Cosi Citi is a lightweight baby car seat and infant carrier that will get you where you need to be, hassle-free.

The Citi manages to be lightweight while still offering a comfortably padded seat and maximum safety thanks to the side protection system. The Citi car seat is compatible with use on any Maxi-Cosi stroller, making it an easy-to-use travel system.

Features

Ease of use

• Install the Citi with a 3-point car seat belt in the car.
  • Lightweight infant carrier with ergonomic handlebar for easy carrying.
  • Cover can be removed from the car seat without dismantling the integral harness and is easy to wash and clean in the washing machine.

Comfort

• Soft seat padding for the comfort of the baby.
  • Sun protected with the integrated sun canopy.

Safety

• Car seat is positioned rear-facing in the car for optimal safe travel.
  • 5-point safety harness.
CategoryBaby Capsules