Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier

• Ease of Carrying
Lucinda

Lucinda

Love it!

Purchased in May 2020 at Baby Bunting for A$298.00.

Car ModelMazda 6
Pram TypeSteelcraft Strider Compact Deluxe Edition
JLO

JLOTasmania

Favourite Capsule!

Purchased in April 2018 for A$300.00.

Pram TypeBritax Flexx
Suzanne

SuzanneCentral, SA

Disappointed & unsafe

I am very dissatisfied with this capsule, the straps that sit across my babies thighs did into him making him uncomfortable & his head always flops forward regardless of adjusting the angle that it's set at. This concerns me quite a bit to the point I have now had to purchase another seat due to safety concerns of his head flopping so far forward that I am concerned it will restrict his airways or break his neck with sudden impact. I thought this was meant to be a safe seat for our babies & I feel it's extremely dangerous with my experience

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$298.00.

Car ModelToyota Kluger GSU50R
Pram TypeSteelcraft Agile Elite
Baby Capsules

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier compares to other Baby Capsules

Sanjeev K.

Sanjeev K.Sydney, NSW

Good capsule, reasonably priced

We used the capsule for about 9 months - although would have preferred those with range 0-4 yrs to save some money. Baby bunting could waive off our fee for installation but they didn't and on top of that, they sold us a towel worth $15 to install it in the car. Bad experience on installation part.

Purchased in July 2018.

Car ModelHyundai Elantra
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Sanjeev K, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are sorry to hear about your experience. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Pitpat

PitpatHobart, TAS

From Newborn this is pretty much a must

Purchased in November 2016 at Mother Goose for A$475.00.

Car ModelSubaru Outback 5GEN
Pram TypeBaby Jogger City Select
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Pitpat, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and the great feedback! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Handy, but not worth the price

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$298.00.

Car ModelHyundai Tucson TL
Pram TypeSteelcraft Savvi
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Don’t give up on the capsule too soon

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Claire R, Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on the Safe-n-Sound Unity NEOS. If you have any further questions please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Claire

Claire

Seriously concerned about safety for baby

Too small

Says it is suitable for approx birth-12months. How could any 12 month old baby fit in this capsule? My son outgrew it by 4 months old! (He is a larger baby- maybe about the size of an average 6 month old) but still, 4 months. Totally not worth the money

Kendall

KendallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Regrettable purchase

I regret buying this capsule. It was installed professionally. But It's too heavy/impractical, the harness is temperamental to tighten and gets caught which is difficult to secure firmly, the angle of the capsule allows the baby's head to flop forward/there is inadequate head support and the straps dig into the baby's thighs, pinching and leaving pretty severe red marks on the thighs that hang around for a long time. I am convinced it makes sleeping in the car difficult for my baby. I have used this capsule for two babies now and each time I took it out after a few weeks. Really disappointing to be honest. Love the brand. Hate the capsule.

Bek

BekSydney

Not practical

Poor head support

My newborn’s head flops around dangerously. Its installed correctly but we now have to reinstall it with towels to try get the seat to tilt back further. I’ve never had this issue with other branded capsules so very disappointed.
The buckles dig in to his little legs and the sun canopy is useless.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mummy T, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Fritz

FritzSUMA PARK

Safety and reliability are the first choice.

The brand has always had its own choice, this brand is recommended by others, focusing on child safety seats, safe and reliable is the first choice. Exquisite workmanship, the little baby at home is very fond of sitting. Tilt adjustment is also very convenient. The baby is sitting up and not crying, it’s much easier to go out now.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Fritz, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Mika

Mika

The perfect capsule if you don’t plan on moving the base

I was thinking of getting to black version with ISO technology and also it has the bamboo fabric which is super soft but was told by the sales assistant that I wouldn’t need it since the ISO is good if you plan to move the car seat which we don’t. It’s super easy to get baby in and out, and it’s very sturdy!

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mika, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Very easy to connect with pram

I bought this so I could use it as a travel system on my Steelcraft Agile Elite pram (dark chambray). Very convenient to click in and out of the pram but now the hood on the pram does not cover over the capsule leaving the baby's head facing and exposed to the elements. I am now looking for a brand new pram so the hood covers the capsule and matches it. I had to buy a new capsule as the travel system adapters did not actually fit with the pram it came with.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Riara, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

KashaamAdelaide

The perfect capsule travel system

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Kashaam, thanks for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Thank you!

Jess R

Jess RSwan Hill

Excellent, highly recommend. Worth the money

I decided to purchase the Unity for my 2nd baby as my first was larger and only lasted 3 months before he was too big, so I wanted a capsule that would last. Easy to install and take out, I purchased the attachments for my pram and his made it easier with everyday tasks. Easy to carry and my daughter was nice and comfy. We are still using it today (as a car seat) and she is almost 9 months old and still plenty of room until the height marker. I have definitely got my monies worth out of it.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jess R, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

beckelljess

beckelljessAU

Love it

So easy and what a great idea! Its not bulky or heavy and goes straight on to the pram! I gad no idea any such thing existed!
It is easy to maneuver and easy to wash and wipe down. Never had any issues with it at all! Highly recommended. Glad we did our research and came accross this!

This has been amazing!

My baby and family has loved this from birth and still using at 9 months. She has her best sleeps in it when she falls asleep in the car and then Cary her inside! Easy to put in and pull out, easy enough to just have one base between my car and dads, we haven’t even needed to buy a second base.

Ells

EllsMelbourne

Good Capsule

Bbee

Bbeeasked

Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Hi there
Im wondering what the most compact pram/stroller is available for the Unity infant carrier to use as a travel system. I only need it to use with the capsule

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Bbee, thanks for your question. Please email us at au-support@britax.com and provide us with the following details so we can best assist you:
1. The item details from underneath your Safe-n-Sound Unity capsule
2. apart from a compact pram, please also advise which other features you're after in a pram to try and narrow down the selection we supply for you.
Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Alixasked

Unity Infant Carrier

Hi will this capsule for a steelcraft savvy stroller

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Alix, thanks for your question. The Safe-n-Sound Unity Isofix, Neos or a 2013STD Unity capsule can be used with a Steelcraft Savvi using the adapters which come packaged with the Savvi. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Alix

Ok thanks the capsule I have is a britex sns unity the series is 40/A/2004 and the capsule itself doesn't have anywhere to connect to the pram adapters

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Alix, Unfortunately this model Unity will not fit as the connections are different to the current 2013 STD. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Sharon P.

Sharon P.asked

Unity Infant Carrier Standard

Hi I have a Britax bob car capsule and wondered if my friend could use it in a steel craft agile pram and what type of adaptors?/receivers? Would she need?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Sharon P. Thanks for your question. If the Bob capsule is a 2013 STD (series) and has the integrated click & go adapters, your friend can use this capsule in a Steelcraft Agile pram however will need to purchase the Agile Click & Go receivers. These are available through baby retail stores. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives