12Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier

3.7
2.9
Suitable from 0-12 months
Compact design
Compatible with many strollers & airlines
Can be heavy

Kirsty
KirstyWestern Australia7 posts
  Standard

The best purchase for my newborn!!

I was unsure if I should get a capsule or not and so happy I did! I could transfer my baby in and out of the car while she slept saving me to much time and stress! The Britax safe n sound was so easy to install! I installed it so fast in other peoples cars if I was ever swapping cars and no hassle at all! My baby is now 8 months and only just growing out of it! 100% recommend to all parents! Show details ·  1
Olivia H.
Olivia H.2 posts
  Standard

Good

very comfy very cool very swag. i could eat u. jump in my backpack where going for a stroll . wanna know why? because my car s eat turns into a stroller. 2 in 1!! very cool if you ask me.
Tara C
Tara CSydney, NSW13 posts

Excellent capsule

Best decision was buying this capsule. I shopped around and tried many different types before settling with this one. Excellent quality, easy to install, excellent size. Capsule is also compatible with my Redsbaby pram. Show details ·  1
Ash
Ash

Saved my daughters life!

This is hands down the best car seat from day one, we were hit from behind at 90kms a hour with someone on their phone the car was totaled but our daughter was safe no damage to the car seat what so ever i fully trust this brand and our next car seat will be another britax Show details ·  1
Shell_03
Shell_03
  NEOS

Difficult and costly to get replacement accessories

For a $350 capsule it is extremely disappointing that Britax will not sell me a replacement canopy, unless I buy a whole new cover set for $151. Frankly I just don’t have that kind of money sitting around to replace a whole set of covers that I don’t need. I have just purchased the infant carrier sunshade that britax markets as a ‘universal’ sunshade, but it is useless without the canopy. For a large company I feel that this is unacceptable and I would have expected better customer support from a better ad like Britax Show details
Honest Consumer
Honest ConsumerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts
Tom
Tom2 posts

Fits a smaller car

We bought this capsule because it was the smallest we could find. It works well with our car.
We also wanted to buy a compatible stroller that wouldn't require any special adapters but its hard to find reliable information. The website just states "This capsule is suitable for use with all Click & Go™ compatible Strollers (no receivers required)". What are the compatible strollers? Show details ·  2
Jo
Jo2 posts
Hayley
HayleyHunter Region, NSW

Not impressed unfortunately

I personally don’t see how this capsule is suitable for newborns/premmies. There is so much room around my babies head, it is not well supported at all. It really should have another insert to support a newborns head. I can’t say I’m overly impressed, sadly.
Elise
Elise
  ISOFIX Compatible

Unsafe for newborn: too upright

Purchased this capsule to ensure we had the most current and safe capsule for our newborn. The lack of recline makes our sons head flop forward, which comprises his airway. We have reclined the base as instructed but does not fix the issue. After spending time in the capsule my son started frothing at the mouth. We own other Britax Seats and love them but not happy at all with this purchase due to the safety risk with lack of recline and unsuitability for a newborn. Show details
Sarah S.
Sarah S.3 posts
Rach.swinnerton
Rach.swinnertonSydney Surrounds, NSW6 posts
Katie
KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  NEOS

Absolutely perfect for our needs

We bought this capsule as it is was compatible with our pram we purchased and we have been so happy with it.
Suits our needs perfectly, our bubs who is 9 weeks old always looks so comfortable in it, almost always falling asleep in it as soon as we start driving.
Easy to bring in and out of the car.
Super easy to clean if baby has a little vomit. We were able to remove all fabric parts of the seat, pop in the was for a clean and then easily put back together.
Great quality, you won't be disappointed. Show details ·  1
Shannen1993
Shannen1993Perth, WA6 posts
  Verified NEOS

love it

have just purchased for baby number 3. It is just so easy to use, connect to pram and fits in ease next to 2 other seats. Best purchase by far. Show details ·  1
Leah
LeahCanberra 2600, ACT2 posts

Bub loves it!

Bub’s really comfortable with it. I could tell he’s so happy when using it as he can fall asleep. We usually use it when roaming around with the pram too. The fabric is not that good though, I just need to remove the lints every now and then. Otherwise, great choice! Show details ·  1

dara
dara · Unity Infant Carrier

Is this compatible with the Uppababy Cruz 2 (ie is this an adaptor that can be used to make them compatible)?

It M.
It M. · Unity Infant Carrier ISOFIX Compatible

Hi can britex unity capsule attach with mother choice heaven stoller ?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hello, thank you for your message. Our Britax Unity ISOFIX capsule is not compatible with the Mother's Choice Haven stroller. Kind Regards The Britax Team.

Jessie W.
Jessie W. · Unity Infant Carrier NEOS

Hi
I have a Britax Unity NEOS capsule and a bugaboo chameleon 3 pram. Is there an adapter for these two products?

Is a Britax Unity the same as a Britax Romer?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Jessie, Thank you for contacting us, the Unity Infant Carrier is not compatible with this stroller and does not have adaptors for this.
Kind Regards the Britax Team

The Unity ISOFIX-compatible baby capsule is Australia’s first baby capsule suitable for newborns until they are 12 months old. It is also the only baby capsule suitable for low birth weight and premature infants without restrictive medical conditions.

Provide your little one with the ultimate security with the Unity’s high side walls providing maximum side impact protection. The ISOFIX compatibility also ensures an easier installation, correct fit and a safer journey.

With the addition of Thermo5 high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal, your child will travel in quality and comfort.

This capsule is suitable for use with all Click & Go-compatible strollers with no receivers required. On top of this, it is compatible with selected Steelcraft, Baby Jogger, Bugaboo, Valco and Redsbaby strollers.

Features

THERMO5®: High-performance Thermo5® fabric with bamboo charcoal delivers premium comfort for your baby.

IDEAL FOR LOW BIRTH WEIGHT: The Unity ISOFIX Compatible Infant Carrier is suitable for low birth weight and premature infants without restrictive medical conditions due to its adjustable straps.

USE UNTIL 12 MONTHS: Australia’s first baby capsule suitable for newborns up to 12 months (approx.).

ISOFIX COMPATIBLE: Allows direct connection to the car’s ISOFIX low anchorage points.

PROTECTION: EPS foam and high side walls for maximum side impact protection.

COMPACT DESIGN: For small cars and configuration with other seats.

WEATHER PROTECTION: Large sun canopy for protection whilst out and about.

TRAVEL COMPATIBLE: The carrier section (without base) is suitable for aircraft use.

COMFORT: Includes insert, shoulder pads and crotch pads for additional support.

CLICK & GO™: Use in conjunction with CLICK & GO™ Integrated Britax Adaptors for compatibility with selected Britax, Steelcraft, and BOB travel system strollers (when used with CLICK & GO™ stroller Receivers).

INTEGRATED STABILISING BAR: Integrated stabilising bar ensures that the baby capsule does not rotate in the event of a crash.

ROTATING CARRY HANDLE: The rotating carry handle allows you to convert your capsule to a rocker or a stationary seat/feeder.

LARGE SUN CANOPY: Large sun canopy for protection whilst out and about.

What reviewers thought

Reviewers appreciated that the product was easy to use, compact in size to suit most vehicles and was easy to connect to a compatible stroller. The capsule may be on the heavy side and the installation can be a little tricky.

Compare all Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity Infant Carrier listings
CategoryBaby CapsulesBaby CapsulesBaby Capsules
Price (RRP) $399$499
Minimum Age NewbornNewbornNewborn
Maximum Age 1 year1 year1 year
Dimensions 430 x 475 x 545 mm430 x 475 x 545 mm430 x 475 x 545 mm
Weight4.5 kg5 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack/Grey, Dark Chambray/CreamBlack