Maxi-Cosi Euro

Listing monitored by Maxi-Cosi

Tara Larkins
Tara LarkinsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great quality

I had the seat initially installed by a licensed installer but have since removed and installed it in myself several times. I find it very easy to use as there are directions on the sides to show you where you thread the seat belt etc.
I have taken it apart to wash the covers several times too and they have never faded, freyed or shown any wear and tear.
The seat itself is very comfortable. I have found it very sturdy and safe.
The seat protector that came with it has been get too, protecting the car seat from any spills and stains.

Baby gets way to hot

My 1st daughter was in the brutal capsule until she was 3months and we bought the Maxi cosi euro the same week she would cry every time she was in the car seat and when we took her out she would be drentched in sweat even in winter we would always make sure she had minimal close on and she would still get too overheated.

My 2nd daughter now 3months and I have just transferred her to the maxi cosi euro and she experiences the exact same thing. We have no choice but to buy a new car seat and have gone with Britax and no issues.

Steve
SteveSydney

How can this be sold in Australia

Bought this seat a few days ago.
When I installed it (Rearward facing) using isofix I couldn’t get it tight. It moved side to side atleast 30cm. When I tried the bubba in it I couldn’t get the straps to tighten up. The tighting strap is at such a bad angle it wont tighten. I don’t recommend this seat to anyone, just isn’t worth it.

Beth
BethMelbourne

Great car seat

The maxi cosi euro is great. My baby is so happy and comfortable in the car. We have hired a few car seats when travelling of other brands and she was so unhappy and hard to travel with.
We got the seat professionally fitted and don’t tend to take it in/out for safety reasons.
The only downfall is the bit between the legs that gets caught user my baby. But the magnetic strap holders are amazing!

Cera
CeraHamlyn Terrace

Plastic part cuts baby’s heels when in reverse!

We bought 2 seats and used them for my daughter in 2015. Now we have a son and have decided to use them for him but unfortunately the plastic backing has cut up the back of his heels, this did not happen with our daughter but she must have not kicked as much or wasn’t as strong or her legs weren’t as Long. Very upset that we have put our baby through this and had no idea why he hated the car so much until we realised where the cuts had come from

AST
ASTNew Zealand

Temperamental seat

Muffins
MuffinsBrisbane

Comfy enough, but unusual design choices.

Installation was not too difficult, but didn't seem all that intuitive and requires some fiddly work to put in and take out correctly. An annoying feature is that the flap that goes between the child's legs often gets sat on and you have to fish it out from under them! Could have been easily fixed with a piece of velcro. Cleaning was fine and the fabric is quite durable. Overall, not ideal considering the expensive price tag.

ALS
ALSSydney, NSW

Safe and comfortable

I don't like to skimp on safety and this seat keeps my little one comfortable and secure. We have had all kinds of food spilled and they have all come out. The only downfall I have is that it is pretty heavy which makes it hard to be transferred between cars. We have had to buy another one so it doesn't get removed.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
The Top-Rated Baby Products of 2022

the-top-rated-baby-products-of-2022
Ash
AshSunshine coast

I wish I read reviews and never bought this seat!

The seat doesn't secure into the car, I could shake it whilst installed (correctly by ambulance officer). The seat belt unclips (my newborn was definitely not able to do this himself). The "bamboo" material is worse than my last car seat, It feels soft, but it makes him sweat a lot! I had to stop using it because it was just completely unsafe, as the paramedic who was installing it told us, if we had an accident, his car seat would not protect him as it should. Really upset at the money we waisted (not a cheap seat), the good ol cheapy is 100% safer than this junk. So disgusted in the company, and their customer service, I will not be purchasing their brand for our next babies, that's for sure!

Unsafe

Unsafe. The buckle comes undone all the time. Apparently my 11 month old is smart and car seats are not designed to keep children restrained. Rude staff. Refuse to assess, repair, replace or refund. Terrible service. Do not buy. The cheap one my mum got from Kmart does not have this problem.

Mrswilly
MrswillyBrisbane

Looks good but my seat is unsafe and company won't replace

lesley38
lesley38SYDNEY

Good seat but doesn't sit well on car

Not as easy to install as they show on their video. The green indicator to say strap is tight enough goes from green to red even after pulling it as tight as you can. Seat moves when on car when you pull or tighten the straps. We had to put towels everywhere to help with the positioning. ..not sure if all car seats require this as well but it makes re-installation very fiddly and difficult.. on the bright side, our 18month finds it comfortable i guess as she falls asleep when we put her in it.

Horrible, uncomfortable!

Car seat doesn't recline enough to make my year old comfortable when she sleeps. Her head moves forward everytime I break. I wish I never bought it. I have it set on the most reclinable setting so I can't imagine how uncomfortable would be the other position. I was expecting more for what we paid.

Maxi-Cosi
Kura A.Maxi-CosiSend a private message

Hi Monufka, We are terrible sorry to hear that you aren't happy. If your baby is still under 30months you can keep her rearward facing. If you would like to chat please call us on Phone: 1300 809 526 (toll free within Australia)

Monufka
Monufka

I have a tall baby, she is 14months old, rearward facing would be uncomfortable as well.

Horrible - Do Not Purchase

Dangerous car seat, straps do not tighten and buckle comes un done whilst Bub is in the seat. Have contacted durell to be to told my daughter must be clever and un buckle the seat buckle herself. Do not purchase this seat at all as it is not safe have seen the buckle issue mentioned in previous reviews.

Mushyweetbix
MushyweetbixEyre Peninsula, SA

Very Cosi !

Love this seat it's comfortable baby sits in it well and safe we haven't had any issues with cleaning a nappy leak the fabric went through the wash fine still looks like new my boy doesn't sweat in it and he is a sweaty baby we did lots of research before we got this car seat and not long after buying it there was a recall on it the company were quick at responding and sent us a new cover.

Debbie N Garry D.
Debbie N Garry D.asked

My grand daughter is 8 months old and still reward facing. How do you adjust the incline for the seat. My granddaughter is very uncomfortable and any help would be great

Maxi-Cosi
Consumer C.Maxi-CosiSend a private message

Hi Debbie, Please reach out to our consumer care team who can assist with instructions etc. customerservice@dorel.com.au. Regards Claire - Maxi Cosi Team

Francine L.
Francine L.asked

Hi,
I had the Euro slim installed professionally facing forward for my 10 month old but her head keeps dropping forward so she can't sleep in it. It's really upright and I can't change the recline angle anymore? Will removing the insert help? She's quite long but skinny... thanks!

SFR
SFRasked

Our daughter has used this since 6 months. She is almost 3, and for the last 4 months has been complaining that her back hurts. We have noticed bruising on her lower spine and it’s become quite red on one spot when we get her out of the car. She hates getting into the seat now and says it hurts. I can’t believe we didn’t realise it was the seat until now- because it’s been such a great sest until now. When I looked the same issue up, there was another person in the UK that had complained of exactly the same thing. We bought the seat brand new 3 years ago and was wanting to use it for a while longer yet but are now unable?

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

CategoryBaby Car Seats