Maxxis AT-771 Bravo

Maxxis AT-771 Bravo

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

SteveNew South Wales

Not so good in some conditions.

Got about 15,000ks out of Maxxis 980s. (they did wear evenly), So changed to the 771s. Got about 7,000ks so far and they're just about shot. I may make 15,000ks. Sure, rough dirt roads but not off-road. I like these tyres, they perform well but these utes are obviously far too heavy for these tyres on our roads. On my Ranger Cab Chassis the 980s last okay but it's lighter and mainly just farm work. Need to try something different very soon. Keep getting flats now and on our roads that usually means a new tyre needed.

I have edited this because I think I was a bit harsh on what are essentially a very good tyre. Not many people will experience these conditions.

Car2015 XLS Ranger pickup
Steve

Needed LTs (light truck). Trying Hankook Dynapro ATms.

fletch56Perth

Great tyres

On recommendation I fitted 4 to my 2003 V8 Landcruiser wgn. Just over 100k still going strong with I would say 30k+left. Some off road but mainly long runs around the city. Quiet and good road holding in wet and dry. Found some slip on a roundabout but could have been oil slick and I was pushing it.

CarToyota Landcruiser V8 GXL win 2003
fisher480

fisher480

Great tyre and great value

I have a 2004 Diesel Triton. I thought my Toyo A/T were good but before a trip to the Gulf I changed to 771's. I towed a boat and was loaded to the hilt everywhere I went. I went offroad and went everywhere my mate went with his Landcruiser. 7000Km of fishing, 4WDing and exploring and now after 1 year I still love them. On the road they really shine. I have a trayback ute and the handling is very good. If I get the milage out of them I will buy them again. Shop around as not all Bob Jane stores sell at the same price
Performance and value
None

CahillCANBERRA

Great value for money

Bought five AT-771s about a year ago for my 2000 model Ford Explorer. Have now done just over 10,000 km of mostly on-road driving - including a return trip from Canberra to Geelong to collect a horse float. Probably done 2,500 km whilst towing two large horses. The tyres have been great! Quiet on the highway and very good grip on wet or dry roads. Even done some mud paddling out where the horse is agisted. Tread depth has worn down about 1.5 mm, so I'm looking for 50 - 60,000 km. Would definitely buy again.
Good honest tyres - look good, grip well, low noise, fair price for expected life.

Cahill

Now done 34,000 km and tyres are about half worn out - so now looking for 60 - 70,000 km. Still have low noise and great grip - wet or dry. Very happy with the tyres.

S. Gillespie

S. GillespieBundaberg

Proved themselves on around Australia Trip

T77

T77AU

Good Tires and value for money

Got a whole set from Bob Jane on Grand Vitara more than 1 year ago and still in good nick. The tread is still have long way to go compare to the Bridgestone (original factory tires). Very good on wet and sand. Travel on the beach and dune on 16 psi with no prob.
Inexpensive and value for money
Quite noisy on the freeway

amorris2Murray Region, NSW

771's are good

Had these Maxxis 771's fitted to my 03 Hilux td. Great on highway and in wet. Wear is negligible compared to Bridgestone Duellers I had, which were crap. Did some extreme offroad with the Maxxis running at 12psi at Yackandandah up Longtom and Infinity hills no problem. Did all the tracks the boys did with there muddies.
Great for price. Got 31 x 15's for $180 a pop at Bob Jane

Tonka
Tonka

Which bob janes did you get them from?

Bob Jane Albury NSW

Excellent value for money

Fitted a set to a 2010 Outlander, bit of "overkill" compared to the original factory fitted tyres. Have just clocked up 50,000 k's and am expecting to get around 70 - 80k's which is a far cry from the 29k's from the original Yokahamas.
I can thoroughly recommend these tyres, they are a bit harder than the factory fit and slightly noisy at 80klm/phr, but who cares when they are roughly $80 p/tyre cheaper than the Yokahama and you get twice the wear. I also use them weekly in the bush where they excel in the grip dept.
Inexpensive, long life, excellent all round tyre.

masspaul57
masspaul57

paulofthenauthAU

Maxxis 771 review update

Value for Money All Terrai Tyre

Had these tyres fitted to my 07 Toyota Prado and was quickly impressed with both on and off road ability. Whilst my Prado was mainly on the black top, it visited dirt roads and tracks at times and these tyres handled the loose dirt no problem. A little extra road noise in comparison to the OE fitted, however insignificant. I had approximately 50000klms on them when I sold the vehicle and expected they would have done 70000 - 80000klms. A great buy and would buy them again.
Reliable, Inexensive and Great Mileage from an even wearing tyre.

FNQFamilyAU

Wonderful tyre for the wet Tropics! Can't believe the difference its made!

Fed up with 2 sets of BS Duellers not performing in the wet over recent years...especially at round-abouts and off ramps.... even a low speeds in the Pajero.

Fitted the Maxxis 771 A/T Bravo, and instantly felt safe. Had them for 7 months and am glad we made the change ... will never go back. Not done any rocky 4 x 4 work with them yet ... so can't comment on their off road ability yet.

Knowing that your tyres arent going to loose grip in the wet ... is real peace of mind. I haven't experienced any slip since I've had the Maxxis 771's on. And out of curiosity ... I've tried!!
Very reliable tyre, price is good, tyre noise is slightly less but it wasn't a factor ... safety was ... I love them!

Sgt.Marshall
Sgt.Marshall

My Isuzu MU already had 771 AT fitted and the very first test was braking and cornering in wet weather and I was impressed with the traction. I have not given them a hard time but they have seen some mud in their time and been very faithful