TB, TC (See All)
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mazda? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Dangerous

Not one to write reviews often but I'm not happy. My cx9 has a 120K Km with perfect service history. The Transfer case literally exploded causing car to lock up. It's a known issue, search it up and Mazda refuses to acknowledge. Quoted a $5K+ repair. Not good enough for a company sitting on $284 Billion capital to be sitting and waiting for someone to die before they issue a recall. See more info on my story here: https://transfercasefails.com/

BazPerth, WA

Love it, super smooth

Love this car, spacey inside and comfortable even with all 7 seats full. Car seats fit all seats. Luxury inside a heap of USB ports and super smooth to drive. The only thing a would say is I liked the “ grab the handle sensor “ better than the button on the handle to open and lock the car. Very minor and probably just a me issue lol all round great vehicle

Amol
AmolSydney, NSW

Until now satisfied!

I bought CX-9 car in 2018 from Brisbane. I am pretty much delighted with the performance of the car and how it treats me, whether it is a plain road or a tough road.

It has excellent cruise control and best of best is an adaptive cruise which means it applies to break if the front vehicle slows down or even speeds up when the front vehicle moving fast (within the max cruise speed limit).

Also how it projects - Speed details, Road speed limit, Directions (if we turned navigation On), and blind spots on the front screen, where you can adjust brightness and height where it displays on the front screen.

Really, until now no complain, and very much satisfied!

Wilson Gill
Wilson Gill

Excellent reliable car

Great luxury car for family of 7 people with all modern feature. I will be using this car for camping and long driver almost. need service every 10,000 kms. just make small rattling noise from tailgate.

K.elle
K.ellePerth, WA

Mazda all the way.

Best car, fantastic to drive. Soon as I drove out the showroom floor I felt quality. This car is very powerful and great value For $46,990. Mazda cx9 sport is a whole lotta car for your money's worth these days. For the higher end spectrum azami ect really not interested for the price as the sports just as luxurious plus are we that lazy now we need power tailgates. Has the same engine in every model. Very impressive car I highly recommend over my Mazda 6 luxury sport.

Purchased in at Mandurah mazda for $46.99.

Don’t buy a Mazda CX-9

Catherine H
Catherine HSouth East Queensland, QLD

I will never buy a Mazda again!! 11 years later and the car is worth $0 and can not be driven

The major faults to date:auto boot closure exploded cost 8K, the passenger auto window is jam (4K+ to fix), transfer case and auto transmission gone 10.5K. Can not drive atm or worth repairing so its ready for the scrap heap!!

Purchased in .

This is an article about cars

This is the short description you see on the home page.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Biben
Biben

Safety failure

I bought a brand new my CX9 Azami in Feb 2018. I did not have much issues initially until I did. The Smart City Brake failed although I was within speed limits and my car crashed. My family and I feel LUCKY TO BE ALIVE. Neither the retailer nor Mazda Australia want to know anything about it. They boast about their safety features in the marketing specs, however, does not deliver what was promised. This car was a huge and EXPENSIVE MISTAKE !

My Japanese Cadillac.

Just purchased my CX-9 GT AWD in December 2020. While I’m learning to love how it looks, the interior is stunning. Comfortable, great sound system and driving throughout country NSW, it is responsive, handles extremely well for such a large vehicle and has as much “tech” as I need. Since, I purchased it new, I”ll be interested in how it holds up over the coming months and years. Happy to keep you posted but so far, so good. Very happy.

Purchased in for $66,000.

Apple
AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An Awesome Car!

This car is a great pleasure to drive. The interior is high end and luxurious! Been an excellent car, no problems, great value. response from the 2.5 turbo engine, definitely drives like a sports car.

Kss
Kss

Worst car we have ever had

We purchased our mazda in Nov 2017. For the first 15 months the car was great after that we had to take the car in and out of our local dealership 12 times in 12 months for numerous issues, egr valve replacement, I-eloop malfunction, smart city break malfunction, driver attention alert malfunction both mirrors have been replaced from being stuck and not folding in and out, reverse camera has been replaced from not working properly, lcd screen has had multiple issues and needed replacing, the gear box when shifting from park to reverse or drive is stiff and intermittently needs to be pulled to change gears.
Terrible make or just a faulty batch but mazda Australia terrible and claimed its normal for cars to need to be presented with faults.

Purchased in for $43,500.

Rommjan M.
Rommjan M.South Australia

Excellent Family car

This is an excellent family car. If you're looking into a high end design and big space SUV, this is the car for you. The interior of this car is amazing! we love it!

I highly recommended Mazda CX-9. You can guys can get a good deal at Australian Motors Mazda - let them know about your budget.

Donald
DonaldPerth, WA

Luxury

I use the car for both personal and work. Love the lux features and safety technology pack. I like the feel of driving this large suv. Even though the dimensions are huge, this doesnt affect my driving at all. I dont feel like driving bigger than the mesium
Suv that I was driving for many years!

One thing they should have improved-there should be an alarm when the door is left open and you are already driving!

Purchased in at Mazda Dealers for $69,000.

Paul Tannous
Paul Tannous

Unsafe vehicle

Purchased in at Mazda Dealers for $59,800.

• TransmissionAutomatic
Glenn
GlennMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very disappointed with 2011 CX-9 brake and head gasket failures

We purchased a one owner second hand 2011 CX-9 top of the range Grand Touring as a family wagon in 2017, after shopping around for a good teenager sized 7-seat option in the $25,000 range. The CX-9 is nice to drive for such a big car, tows good and well appointed, so the family loves it. However in 2019 it suffered the common Brake Booster / Brake Master Cylinder failure (noting the recall notice in USA, not in Australia) around $1,800 to fix, then now in 2020 a head gasket failure around $5,000 to fix (and months long wait for parts). I do not think it is acceptable for an 8-9 year old car with only 135,000kms to have failed with parts so expensive and hard to get in Australia !!!