McCulloch M3414 / M3616 / M3816 / M4218 / M4620

McCulloch M3414 / M3616 / M3816 / M4218 / M4620

M4218, M3816, M4620, etc...

3.0

• Safety
Steve

SteveWestern Australia

Time waster

From day 1 just a problem 2 many to list. Loose chain, sucks air, chain oil blocks, returned 3 times to agent - fixed and lasted 5 min on average.Local repairer won't touch.

Purchased in April 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$300.00.

Safety

Bar tentioner

I have had no end of problems with my M4218, the chain comes loose every time I use it , It has a spring tensioner , I even made a new lock nut for it but its still crap and I'm a Fitter and Turner with more than 40 years experience working on machinery , cars, trucks and bikes. The only thing good was the engin .

Purchased in May 2015 for A$299.00.

Safety

A hidden gem of a chainsaw

Date PurchasedJan 2010
Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how McCulloch M3414 / M3616 / M3816 / M4218 / M4620 compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Bobby

BobbyOphir

Great little chainsaw

Date PurchasedApr 2015
stevil

stevil

Top Chainsaw

This chainsaw is easy to start and use .I have had mine or a few years and have had good service from this machine .
I use it mainly for trimming trees both at home and for customers of my home and garden maintenance business.

The machine is well balanced and performs all tasks with ease.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Excellent saw

Have been using the saw continually for 3 years now with no issues. I have had many saws, husky, stihl, solo and all including this one have been very good. I cut normally large hardwood trees but do full maintenance and chain service after each use. Sharp chain, clean saw, clean filters and flow starting procedure place less strain on the saw and makes light work of large cutting jobs. I feel many comments made about this saw by some lacking experience are totally unjustified. Engine is made in the USA, bar and chain are made by Oregon and the rest of the saw made by husqvana the parent company.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

SaabmanSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Cheep and cheerfull

Simon

Simon

No prpoblems with M4218

I purchased a M4218 from Bunnings over 2 years ago. I have used to cut up a few quite large pine trees from my yard, some of which were stretching it a bit due to their girth, but it did a great job. I found it a great light weight little saw, with no problems starting and handling. The only maintenance has been having chain re-sharpened.
I regard it as a good little handyman saw. Using the correct starting technique and ensuring correct 40/1 fuel mix is something I am diligent about. From a value-for-money point of view I rate it highly from my experience.

Steve, Eatons Hill

Steve, Eatons HillBrisbane

works very well if treated well

AJAdelaide

These bad reviews are spot on!

Dangerous barchain tensioner

OK for a year or so. Then......... time for recycling

The unit started ok for the first few months then had problems starting when hot. Took to local repair shop, tuned etc. Was ok for a while then started having problems again. Got it tuned again! I ended up putting on a Sthil chain and wow did it cut nice. Again the saw would start ok then after running for a while would simply conk out. Managed to get it going a few times. But alas the saw is no more.
Bought an EFCO instead. This is a world apart in quality and starting ease. Will never buy McCulloch chainsaw again.
Great when new.
Hard to start, harder to keep running,

Toe Cutter
Toe Cutter

M3616 no problems with mine

Have had this chainsaw for around five years and is running strong i have used it for mainly light odd jobs around the house but as of late it has been taking on some heavy fire wooding jobs.
The only issue i have had is losing teeth from the chain but in saying that i am using it to cut 70 year old rail sleepers :).
Was one of the more pricey units but we are talking bunnings! so cheap really.
I did find i have to adjust chain tension more than i would like but no biggie .
Seems i got a good unit starts first pop and has never given any major problems.
Price and has run without fault for me
Will not hold chain tension well

Ben
Ben
Berts mobile

The savings will cost you

Thought I'd go for the top of the range at Masters. Apparently McCulloch quality isn't what it used to be. Had trouble starting it by the third use. Struggled to cut gum for fire wood. Disappointed with the performance. I would not recommend any one buy this saw for what it is meant to do. Returned it to Masters.
Value for money
Performance. Trouble starting it.

Spent most of the warranty in repair

To use the words of their own warranty guy, cheap chinese junk that he wouldnt waste money on. Absolute rubbish. Got it at Bunnings, used it the second time and the motor ceased. Took a month for their repairer to get it back. A few uses later, ceased again. Repaired under warranty again, but they also charged me $100, as not all parts were under warranty. Now it's out of warranty, spent 3.5 months being repaired, won't run much higher than idle, and parts are falling off as the repairer slapped it back together.
It's a pretty yellow lol.

Mr JW

Mr JW

Great saw previous reviews obviously user error

Great saw cant fault it for the money, cuts through firewood , ghost gum with ease!
Previous reviews sound like tyre kickers they sell these at bunnings still,
I have used mine constantly for the last couple of months with no problems except chain to be sharpened.
The double inertia brake is a great safety feature
Powerful reliable well priced
Spare chain would be nice

Ele eng
Ele eng

"I have used mine constantly for the last couple of months" wow thats a long time....

McCulloch M4218 - Useless 2

Brennan
Brennan

Had chainsaw serviced only used it for 10 mins or less chain came off even when following instructions will not tighten as per manual useless

Utterly Useless!

Had it 3 weeks , used it to cut through 5 inch logs.......decided to stop and then never started ever again! Cleaned it and cleaned it some more.....gave it fuel , gave it oil......checked the McCulloch website for support ....there was NONE! Only in USA.....[inappropriate language removed] useless! On the bright side I have a great video of me and my trusty sledge hammer beating it into many pieces!!!! Soon to go on youtube! For those who have had some luck with this product....I challenge you to come over to my property and cut some timber with me, Im sure your review on the product will change.
Colour.

GPX

GPXCHATSWOOD

Not the McCulloch of old

dud?

'bout 20 minutes work - stopped never to go again ?? seems hand saw's the go !!! took out a 3inch stump - 1/2 way through a foot one when she stopped and that was that !

local repairman mor euseful thankfully .......

fortunately I had it on newspaper in the shed so the leaking oil didn't do too much damage ..

y won't it go ??

fred49

you werent running it on straight petrol were you?

Averald Articus