Meals For Mutts

Meals For Mutts

See the Best Dog Food in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Matt A

Matt A

No good

Both our huskies have stomach issues after eating meals for mutts. Their guts are always gurgling and they are farting a lot. Im disappointed to have to go back to Black Hawk as these guys seemed so much better on paper. We tried 2 different flavours samon sardine and turkey lamb.

Purchased at Pet Circle.

Pet's Life StageSenior

Suzi

SuziWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Breeders Choice for Best & Most Nutrient Dense Dry Food

I breed ACDs and I feed a raw diet for the main part. But on occasion, I need the convenience of a top dry food for my dogs. MFM is the answer! Because it is so nutritionally dense, you need to feed MUCH less. I am thinking that people whose dog's are getting diarrhoea from MFM dry are feeding too much....especially is they have been feeding a poor quality food and suddenly their poor dog gets something like this. My dogs do not like eating dry food, but they eat this. The puppies especially love the Puppy Turkey, Salmon & Sardine recipe.

Purchased in July 2019.

Smell
Side Effects No
vlb

vlbMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Premium Kibble

I’ve been feeding my two German Shepherds this premium dog food for about 3 years. Both dogs love it, their coats are shiny and both of them are very healthy. It doesn’t contain any by-products, just real meat. Highly recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at Paws Express Online store for $124.00.

care

care

throwing out a large bag of hypoallergenic turkey and lamb

my dog unable to have this food due to gastroallergenic problems. not sure if this food was the cause, he is under specialist care now.
its interesting that I put a bowl down of this product for the local dog that calls around occaisionally and he refused to eat it. he usually scoffs up my dogs food

Jim

JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Vomitting

Unfortunately after trying to gradually ease our adult Berner onto the Salmon & Sardine, whenever we give him more then 50g of this food he will vomit later in the day.

Purchased in August 2019 at Pet Circle.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Happy Mutt

Happy MuttCanberra 2600, ACT

Works for Us

I have a two year old cavoodle who is as fussy as. I've gone through and discarded 10,15,20 different dry dog foods for her, supermarket cheap through to top shelf most expensive. Funnily enough the one that she seems to have taken to is the M4M hypoallergenic grain free salmon and sardine. She has some of this everyday together with wet home cooked food, teeth chews, kangaroo tendons and training treats. It has not given her diarrhoea. I can't comment on any of the other flavours from this brand and based on some of the previous reviews and comments I might just stick to the grain free Salmon and Sardine for now.

Purchased in June 2019.

Iza Brown

Iza Brown

Top Product That Dog’s Love!

Don’t be mislead by the title of this product! Mutts or no mutts this is the best dog food product out there! Easily digested and loved by dogs. And healthy too!

Side Effects No

This kibble gives dogs diarrhoea

First two months our pup was fine then the diarrhoea started. We stopped for a week and fed our pup boiled chicken and rice and slowly introduced the turkey salmon and sardine and straight away energy levels were low again and yellow diarrhoea. Never purchasing this kibble ever again

Purchased in July 2019 for $60.00.

Dmel

DmelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Has been the cause of our puppy throwing up

We found that even the slightest amount makes our puppy throw up. Throwing them all out . Never again. Save yourself some money. Not sure if the dry food ingredients has changed but we're staying right away from it.

Purchased in January 2019.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects Yes

Metal object in kibble. Replaced with less product and told to use contaminated product. A bit disappointed to say the least. I am changing to a product that won’t do this and look after their customer. Thanks.

Purchased in May 2019 for $144.00.

Robbie G.

Robbie G.

Both dogs love M4M

When all the stories started to circulate about dry dog from overseas, I sought out an Australian made product. After getting some samples, started my previous dog on M4M. The Salmon + Sardine flavour. I have a new dog now, didn't hesitate to feed him M4M. He enjoys both the Sardine flavour and the Kangaroo flavour. Never had any issues with it, now or previously

Purchased in March 2019 at My Pet Warehouse Online store for $73.00.

Wont use again

Used to be really good. But gave mine severe diarrhea. Wont use it ever again. Vets recommended changing foods when they couldnt find out what was wrong. It went away when changing foods. too wary to try it again

Purchased in December 2018 for $120.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

MfM omega 3 6 9

MfM omega 3 6 9Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This product has improved my dogs health

The Omega oil product is remarkable. My dog had unexplainable chronic sores cropping up. With daily use of oil, no more welts. She also suffers from arthritis, I have noticed that her movement is less restricted when on this oil. Amazing product

Purchased in May 2019.

Pet's Life StageSenior

Darek P.

Darek P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Product

We have been buying 2.5kg Turkey Salmon and Sardine and our puppy loved it until we decided to purchase a 20kg bag and that was a nightmare, our pup had diarrhea - yellow color (which showed liver disorder), skin and bum itchiness and after a couple of days develop swollen butt. We couldn't figure out at the beginning as it was silly to blame food what he had eaten for the past 2 months, so I am thankful to this website for finding people who shared the same experience. Food has been refunded by a local shop and official complaint to MfM has lounged.

Purchased in April 2019 at My Pet Warehouse for $130.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Sam

Sam

Terrible

They changed the formula without any notice or warning via the pet store or packaging change. now gives my dog rashes and diarrhoea. Used to be really good. Terrible food don’t waste you money

Purchased in April 2019.

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dog eats it most days

I give my dog the low fat turkey biscuits in this range and it helps keep his pancreatitis symptoms well. I feel the pellet sizes could be a bit bigger like the Ivory coat size in low fat.

Purchased in December 2018.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Diarrhea with the latest stock

Purchased in February 2019.

Meerkat

MeerkatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dog had a bad reaction so I'm keeping clear of this brand

Bought the largest bag they had and fed dog using the slow introduction method. Unfortunately, everything came out. Dog experienced violent bouts of diarrhoea that got so bad I was too scared to even think of feeding this to him again. The retailer assured me that if it didn't work out, simply bring it back for a refund. I was too busy to make that trip back so it went straight into the garbage. To be fair, I'm not sure if this adverse reaction is because my dog may have a sensitive stomach or if it has to do with the quality of the food but we have tried countless brands before and never experienced such a severe reaction. Currently my two dogs are happy on a grain free diet by Canidae.

Purchased in January 2018.

Smell
Side Effects Yes

Bec

BecQueensland

My dog loves it

My American Bulldog loves it. He’s been on it for 3 months. Never had an issue with diarrhoea, he’s happy and vet says very healthy!! He gets so excited at food time and I even use it for treats during training cause he loves it so much.

Purchased in December 2018 for $34.99.

Rachel B

Rachel BPerth

Don’t waste your money!

First night of giving it to our golden retrievers we woke up to find diarrhoea everywhere, we weren’t sure what caused it so continued giving them mfm only to realise every time they ate it they would get diarrhoea! The next meal we gave them different dog food and the diarrhoea stopped! We contacted the company after reading similar reviews and simply asked what could have caused this reaction and we never got a response! Waste of $120 and our poor dogs stomachs.

Kaylene

Kayleneasked

How many cups do I need to give my 35 k golden retriever he is a year old and he has the turkey and chicken for puppies?

JILLTEE
JILLTEE

I am not sure about the specific cup size as it depends on what container you going to use, the amount for your dog would be 230 grams a day I have a small container that holds 100 grams in weight, some of the kitchen measuring cup sets may be an option and they are cheap to buy, or if you can find a container that you already have at home that holds 100 grams or 125 grams you can just use that, it is very confusing because cups seem to come in different sizes, weights, so some hold more.
I hope this helps somehwat.

tiggy234asked

Changed my shitzu on to Meals for Mutts lite due to a weight issue also changed from chicken necks to Barf. Over the last couple of months he has got more and more quite. He is 10, but now sleeps most of the day. Seems to have no energy at all . He has lost weight but I am wondering what to do about his lack of energy. He will chase his ball but not as much interest as he use to and immediately goes back to sleep. Have we reduced his fat intake to much ?

Jules
Jules

I'm not sure what the issue could be of lack of energy. Could be many reasons. When you go to change a diet for a dog you should always introduce gradually with their old food over a couple of weeks as a sudden change of diet could upset their system. Especially changing to a raw diet that they are not used to. Being 10 years old a change will be a lot more difficult than with a younger dog. Also if fed too much chicken and fatty foods could lead to pancreatitis or kidney problems. I would suggest to go see your vet though to check everything is okay.

tiggy234

Thanks Jules , we did just that took him to the vet and they did blood tests. It came back with 1 marker very high with his liver, but the vet cant understand it as there should be other high markers to show why the first marker is high . SO , we have kept him on BARF which was introduced very slowly, but have removed the low fat biscuits and replaced them with Royal Canine 8 + biscuits, also increased from a 1/4 cup at night to a full cup on the advise of our vet. He seems to be picking up. Going back for more blood tests in 4 weeks to see if there is any improvement, if not off to the vet hospital for an ultra sound. Wish he could talk.

koori43

koori43asked

Hi I've had my boy on grain free kibble he has allergies 2 pollen during autumn spring summer it causes itchy skin and flares ups is there a dry kibble u can recommend that mite help his skin allergy and where in elizabeth south australia can I buy your dry food thank u

Eliza
Eliza

I did my research, and this is recommended for dogs with sensitivities, and eliminates possible allergens. The omegas would help the skin too. I’m not an expert by any means, but both my greyhounds have dry, flaky skin (it’s a breed trait), and this food has cleared that up too.

CategoryDog Food