Meals For Mutts

Meals For Mutts

See the Best Dog Foods in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Pet's Life StageAdult (9) · Puppy/Kitten (8) · Senior (2)
  • Side Effects Yes (11) · No (8)
  • Smell

Cerrie-Marie Gower

Cerrie-Marie GowerCentral, SA

Disappointing

My dogs eat the food but they look terrible their coats are dull and their skin is dry. I am very disappointed and at the high price it’s not quality.

Purchased in January 2020 at Pet Circle for $141.00.

Melanie K.

Melanie K.South West, WA

Diarrhea!!!!!

Purchased the salmon and sardine 2.5kg bags a couple of times to try my two labs on. They have always been on premium dog food all there life, however on my second small bag, they started to have bad runny diarrhea!!!! Over 5-7 days I transitioned them to the kangaroo and lamb....more diarrhea!! Labradors are well known to have stomachs of iron, but unfortunatly its not for them. On the good side of MFM, most of their recepies are pea, potato and flaxseed free for anyone concerned for photoestrogen dog foods! Shame I really wanted this to work for my breeding dogs.

Purchased in December 2019 at Pet City for $28.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

J ho

Awful, gave my puppy diarrhea and vomiting

Bought a 2.5kg bag from Pet circle, first time user and will not use again. It made my puppy really sick. Sardine and turkey ones both had the same affect

Purchased in September 2019.

No good

Both our huskies have stomach issues after eating meals for mutts. Their guts are always gurgling and they are farting a lot. Im disappointed to have to go back to Black Hawk as these guys seemed so much better on paper. We tried 2 different flavours samon sardine and turkey lamb.

Purchased at Pet Circle.

Pet's Life StageSenior

SuziWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Breeders Choice for Best & Most Nutrient Dense Dry Food

I breed ACDs and I feed a raw diet for the main part. But on occasion, I need the convenience of a top dry food for my dogs. MFM is the answer! Because it is so nutritionally dense, you need to feed MUCH less. I am thinking that people whose dog's are getting diarrhoea from MFM dry are feeding too much....especially is they have been feeding a poor quality food and suddenly their poor dog gets something like this. My dogs do not like eating dry food, but they eat this. The puppies especially love the Puppy Turkey, Salmon & Sardine recipe.

Purchased in July 2019.

Smell
Side Effects No

vlbMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Premium Kibble

I’ve been feeding my two German Shepherds this premium dog food for about 3 years. Both dogs love it, their coats are shiny and both of them are very healthy. It doesn’t contain any by-products, just real meat. Highly recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at Paws Express Online store for $124.00.

care

care

throwing out a large bag of hypoallergenic turkey and lamb

my dog unable to have this food due to gastroallergenic problems. not sure if this food was the cause, he is under specialist care now.
its interesting that I put a bowl down of this product for the local dog that calls around occaisionally and he refused to eat it. he usually scoffs up my dogs food

Jim

JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Vomitting

Unfortunately after trying to gradually ease our adult Berner onto the Salmon & Sardine, whenever we give him more then 50g of this food he will vomit later in the day.

Purchased in August 2019 at Pet Circle.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Happy Mutt

Happy MuttCanberra 2600, ACT

Works for Us

I have a two year old cavoodle who is as fussy as. I've gone through and discarded 10,15,20 different dry dog foods for her, supermarket cheap through to top shelf most expensive. Funnily enough the one that she seems to have taken to is the M4M hypoallergenic grain free salmon and sardine. She has some of this everyday together with wet home cooked food, teeth chews, kangaroo tendons and training treats. It has not given her diarrhoea. I can't comment on any of the other flavours from this brand and based on some of the previous reviews and comments I might just stick to the grain free Salmon and Sardine for now.

Purchased in June 2019.

Iza Brown

Iza Brown

Top Product That Dog’s Love!

Don’t be mislead by the title of this product! Mutts or no mutts this is the best dog food product out there! Easily digested and loved by dogs. And healthy too!

Side Effects No

This kibble gives dogs diarrhoea

First two months our pup was fine then the diarrhoea started. We stopped for a week and fed our pup boiled chicken and rice and slowly introduced the turkey salmon and sardine and straight away energy levels were low again and yellow diarrhoea. Never purchasing this kibble ever again

Purchased in July 2019 for $60.00.

Dmel

DmelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Has been the cause of our puppy throwing up

We found that even the slightest amount makes our puppy throw up. Throwing them all out . Never again. Save yourself some money. Not sure if the dry food ingredients has changed but we're staying right away from it.

Purchased in January 2019.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects Yes

Metal object in kibble. Replaced with less product and told to use contaminated product. A bit disappointed to say the least. I am changing to a product that won’t do this and look after their customer. Thanks.

Purchased in May 2019 for $144.00.

Robbie G.

Robbie G.

Both dogs love M4M

When all the stories started to circulate about dry dog from overseas, I sought out an Australian made product. After getting some samples, started my previous dog on M4M. The Salmon + Sardine flavour. I have a new dog now, didn't hesitate to feed him M4M. He enjoys both the Sardine flavour and the Kangaroo flavour. Never had any issues with it, now or previously

Purchased in March 2019 at My Pet Warehouse Online store for $73.00.

Wont use again

Used to be really good. But gave mine severe diarrhea. Wont use it ever again. Vets recommended changing foods when they couldnt find out what was wrong. It went away when changing foods. too wary to try it again

Purchased in December 2018 for $120.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
MfM omega 3 6 9

MfM omega 3 6 9Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This product has improved my dogs health

The Omega oil product is remarkable. My dog had unexplainable chronic sores cropping up. With daily use of oil, no more welts. She also suffers from arthritis, I have noticed that her movement is less restricted when on this oil. Amazing product

Purchased in May 2019.

Pet's Life StageSenior

Darek P.

Darek P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Product

We have been buying 2.5kg Turkey Salmon and Sardine and our puppy loved it until we decided to purchase a 20kg bag and that was a nightmare, our pup had diarrhea - yellow color (which showed liver disorder), skin and bum itchiness and after a couple of days develop swollen butt. We couldn't figure out at the beginning as it was silly to blame food what he had eaten for the past 2 months, so I am thankful to this website for finding people who shared the same experience. Food has been refunded by a local shop and official complaint to MfM has lounged.

Purchased in April 2019 at My Pet Warehouse for $130.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Sam

Sam

Terrible

They changed the formula without any notice or warning via the pet store or packaging change. now gives my dog rashes and diarrhoea. Used to be really good. Terrible food don’t waste you money

Purchased in April 2019.

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dog eats it most days

I give my dog the low fat turkey biscuits in this range and it helps keep his pancreatitis symptoms well. I feel the pellet sizes could be a bit bigger like the Ivory coat size in low fat.

Purchased in December 2018.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Diarrhea with the latest stock

Purchased in February 2019.

Ollieasked

Hi,I am feeding my Boston raw kangaroo he weighs 6.7 kilos how much a day in grams should I give him he is 7 years old ,not very much exercise.
Many thanks

J ho

Don't feed him any, this food made my dog really sick

Ollie

Oh I thought some raw meat is good for them he has meals for mutts as well

Sharon D.

Sharon D.asked

I have an almost 9 year old staffy cross which has had pancreatitis, so we need low fat dry dog food. Which dry do you recommend without mortgaging the house Thanks

Matt A

We use earthborn weight watchers. It is expensive but our dog does really well on it. Other options are holistic select weight control or canadae weight control if you can find it anywhere. Meals for mutts made my dog sick even though it was supposedly low fat. Its not worth the vet bills of they have an eposide

Suzi

What you feed depends more on the pancreatitis. Was pancreatitis the primary and only issue at the time of diagnosis....or was it a secondary issue due to other gastrointestinal issues? Generally, it is the latter and the dog does not have a pancreatic problem, he just got pancreatitis due to other reasons. But I would suggest feeding some good healthy raw and a smaller amount of kibble. I would never feed a dog solely on processed foods....even ones as good as MFM.

vlb

Hi Sharon, my daughters husky has pancreatitis too. Shes been really well since switching her to the low fat Meals for Mutts.

Kaylene

Kayleneasked

How many cups do I need to give my 35 k golden retriever he is a year old and he has the turkey and chicken for puppies?

JILLTEE
JILLTEE

I am not sure about the specific cup size as it depends on what container you going to use, the amount for your dog would be 230 grams a day I have a small container that holds 100 grams in weight, some of the kitchen measuring cup sets may be an option and they are cheap to buy, or if you can find a container that you already have at home that holds 100 grams or 125 grams you can just use that, it is very confusing because cups seem to come in different sizes, weights, so some hold more.
I hope this helps somehwat.