Meals For Mutts

Meals For Mutts

2.9

Helen R.

Helen R.

My puppy got diarrhea & vomiting from this brand!

Purchased in March 2020 at Pet Circle for A$125.00.

Gregory William Charles

Gregory William Charles Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My puppy loves it

I mixed this food with my puppies old food and he picked out the new puppy food from the old. He has had no reactions to this food.
The size of the kibble is perfect for smaller puppies. The quality is excellent as well. So far I am very happy with this product.

Purchased in May 2020 at PetStock Physical store for A$32.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Relieved and delighted

Purchased in April 2020 at Pet Circle for A$123.00.

My dogs love it

I have been feeding my two dogs the Single Protein Hypoallergenic Grain and Gluten free Goat for over eight months now. I introduced it slowly as a treat and my dogs LOVE it. I have had no issues with their stomachs, their faeces are good and their coats are shiny. I do recommend this product AND, given that many of our dogs have sensitive stomachs, it may be worth buying a small bag to see if it agrees with your dog and to introduce it slowly. That is what I did and I have graduated from the small bag to the larger bag.

Purchased in November 2019.

Floyd H.

Floyd H.Perth, WA

Great product for my fussy bulldogs

Purchased in January 2016 at Various for A$125.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
LauraD

LauraDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Caused explosive diarrhea

Gave my puppy a small amount of the Salmon formula last night. She wouldn't eat anymore than 1/2 a cup. Early this morning woke up to explosive yellow diarrhea all over my kitchen walls. Poor little thing couldn't get outside in time. I wish I'd read the reviews here before buying!!
She's never had bowl issues before this. Normally she gets fed raw plus Providore (which she loves) and Ziwipeak but I wanted to have an Aussie food on hand in case Covid causes food shortages from NZ brands. I'll be taking it back to Petbarn for a refund.

Purchased in March 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for A$49.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Pieter Hart

Pieter HartGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

MFM Sensitive Stomach

Bought the MFM for sensitive stomach, all it did was make my dog vomit more, you can have a near full bag back and give me back my $128 bucks back

Purchased in January 2020 for A$128.00.

Monique99

Monique99Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

extremely disappointed

If I could give this food minus stars I would. Very disappointed with this product. Noticed my dog was acting weird after putting him on this food he was tired and not his bouncy happy self. I also Noticed his coat was becoming corse and dull. Noticed his poo was weird colour. And he has started getting into the kitty litter which I found out from google was him looking for nutrients. will never use this product again. Extremely disappointed and thank god I had realised when I did.

Jules

JulesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

If I could give it a minus star I would.

Purchased in October 2019.

BarneynKatie

BarneynKatieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible DO NOT ORDER bad reactions

Brought this to try out for my Greyhounds, it ended with a trip to the vet with a very upset stomach and diarrhea. I’ve never experienced this with any brand of food.

Purchased in February 2020 at Pet Circle for A$125.00.

Pet's Life StageSenior

Not Happy Jan

Purchased in January 2020 at Pet Circle for A$125.00.

Alice E

Alice ENorth Queensland, QLD

Bad dont buy it

After over a month on this food my labrador cross started vomiting and being unwell. It took us a while to realise it was the food due to delay in symptoms. Several vet visits. Changed to rice and chicken diet and improved... slowly reintroduced MFM kibble and became sick again. Swapped brands and no issue since.

Purchased in December 2019 at City Farmers for A$120.00.

Cerrie-Marie Gower

Cerrie-Marie GowerCentral, SA

Disappointing

My dogs eat the food but they look terrible their coats are dull and their skin is dry. I am very disappointed and at the high price it’s not quality.

Purchased in January 2020 at Pet Circle for A$141.00.

Melanie K.

Melanie K.South West, WA

Diarrhea!!!!!

Purchased the salmon and sardine 2.5kg bags a couple of times to try my two labs on. They have always been on premium dog food all there life, however on my second small bag, they started to have bad runny diarrhea!!!! Over 5-7 days I transitioned them to the kangaroo and lamb and diarrhea has stopped. On the good side of MFM, their recepies are flaxseed free for anyone concerned for photoestrogen dog foods!

Purchased in December 2019 at Pet City for A$28.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

J ho

Awful, gave my puppy diarrhea and vomiting

Bought a 2.5kg bag from Pet circle, first time user and will not use again. It made my puppy really sick. Sardine and turkey ones both had the same affect

Purchased in September 2019.

No good

Both our huskies have stomach issues after eating meals for mutts. Their guts are always gurgling and they are farting a lot. Im disappointed to have to go back to Black Hawk as these guys seemed so much better on paper. We tried 2 different flavours samon sardine and turkey lamb.

Purchased at Pet Circle.

Pet's Life StageSenior

SuziWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Breeders Choice for Best & Most Nutrient Dense Dry Food

I breed ACDs and I feed a raw diet for the main part. But on occasion, I need the convenience of a top dry food for my dogs. MFM is the answer! Because it is so nutritionally dense, you need to feed MUCH less. I am thinking that people whose dog's are getting diarrhoea from MFM dry are feeding too much....especially is they have been feeding a poor quality food and suddenly their poor dog gets something like this. My dogs do not like eating dry food, but they eat this. The puppies especially love the Puppy Turkey, Salmon & Sardine recipe.

Purchased in July 2019.

Smell
Side Effects No

vlbMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Premium Kibble

I’ve been feeding my two German Shepherds this premium dog food for about 3 years. Both dogs love it, their coats are shiny and both of them are very healthy. It doesn’t contain any by-products, just real meat. Highly recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at Paws Express Online store for A$124.00.

care

care

throwing out a large bag of hypoallergenic turkey and lamb

my dog unable to have this food due to gastroallergenic problems. not sure if this food was the cause, he is under specialist care now.
its interesting that I put a bowl down of this product for the local dog that calls around occaisionally and he refused to eat it. he usually scoffs up my dogs food

Jim

JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Vomitting

Unfortunately after trying to gradually ease our adult Berner onto the Salmon & Sardine, whenever we give him more then 50g of this food he will vomit later in the day.

Purchased in August 2019 at Pet Circle.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Ollieasked

Hi,I am feeding my Boston raw kangaroo he weighs 6.7 kilos how much a day in grams should I give him he is 7 years old ,not very much exercise.
Many thanks

J ho

Don't feed him any, this food made my dog really sick

Ollie

Oh I thought some raw meat is good for them he has meals for mutts as well

Sharon D.

Sharon D.asked

I have an almost 9 year old staffy cross which has had pancreatitis, so we need low fat dry dog food. Which dry do you recommend without mortgaging the house Thanks

Matt A

We use earthborn weight watchers. It is expensive but our dog does really well on it. Other options are holistic select weight control or canadae weight control if you can find it anywhere. Meals for mutts made my dog sick even though it was supposedly low fat. Its not worth the vet bills of they have an eposide

Suzi

What you feed depends more on the pancreatitis. Was pancreatitis the primary and only issue at the time of diagnosis....or was it a secondary issue due to other gastrointestinal issues? Generally, it is the latter and the dog does not have a pancreatic problem, he just got pancreatitis due to other reasons. But I would suggest feeding some good healthy raw and a smaller amount of kibble. I would never feed a dog solely on processed foods....even ones as good as MFM.

vlb

Hi Sharon, my daughters husky has pancreatitis too. Shes been really well since switching her to the low fat Meals for Mutts.

Kaylene

Kayleneasked

How many cups do I need to give my 35 k golden retriever he is a year old and he has the turkey and chicken for puppies?

JILLTEE
JILLTEE

I am not sure about the specific cup size as it depends on what container you going to use, the amount for your dog would be 230 grams a day I have a small container that holds 100 grams in weight, some of the kitchen measuring cup sets may be an option and they are cheap to buy, or if you can find a container that you already have at home that holds 100 grams or 125 grams you can just use that, it is very confusing because cups seem to come in different sizes, weights, so some hold more.
I hope this helps somehwat.