Medela Freestyle Flex

Medela Freestyle Flex

Listing monitored by Medela

Pros

• Light, compact and portable

• Cordless, hands-free operation

• Easy and comfortable to use

Cons

• A little pricey at $549.95

4.5
  • Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Pleased from Perth
Pleased from PerthPerth, WA

Fantastic just as good as the hospital grade one... highly recommended

I ordered this while I was using/hiring the hospital grade Medela double pump I received this 2 weeks later so I was use to a great pump. This pump is amazing the breast shields fit perfectly and I got the bra to fit with it aswell so i can do things around the house, cook dinner or sit and relax while I pump and the time goes by really quickly. I highly recommend this pump 5 star

Purchased in July 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $385.00.

Easy to use.

Comfortable and easy to use. Takes me about 5 minutes to get enough milk for a serve. I use it with the bra for hands free. Battery lasts multiple uses.

Purchased in February 2021 at Baby Bunting for $300.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for taking the time to tell us why you loved your Freestyle Flex! We are delighted that you found it easy to use and comfortable. Wishing you all the best on your breastfeeding journey and beyond.

Review collected in partnership with Medela

suction is awful, works fine as a single pump but is terrible as a double!

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $384.96.

Jade Casebow
Jade Casebow

hi there! i received an email from your customer services rep not long after this was submitted - thanks for the quick communication ☺️

Medela A.Medela

Hi Jade, no problem! We wish you all the best on your motherhood journey.

Kind regards,

Chloe
ChloeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pumping 8 times a day with ease.

Purchased in October 2020 at Baby Bunting for $499.00.

Kimmy Jane R.
Kimmy Jane R.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

EP from 4.5 months. Love portability

Perfect for exclusive pumping and not being stuck sitting for 20-30min. With the right sized flanges I've been able to increase supply. As I started EP at 4.5 months due to distracted little boy and mastitis episode my supply isnt the greatest to begin with, I'm glad I was able to increase supply with this pump
Only negative- cord to hang around wrist would be great for a neck chain, and the cost is quite high compared to similar pumps on the market

Purchased in July 2020 at Baby Bunting for $599.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Kimmy, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us on the Freestyle Flex pump, we are thrilled that it was able to help you to increase your milk supply.

Review collected in partnership with Medela

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

Would be lost without it!

Great little pump! I have been pumping exclusively for almost the past 3 months, I've had the flex about a month now. I love e not being tied to an outlet, being able to tend to my other kids while pumping. The motor is getting louder over time though and I really wish it had a screen lock as I tend to accidentally touch the screen at times, and a belt clip would be nice. I paid $399 for my pump, on sale, but still expensive for what it is. Exclusively pumping will put it to the test over the next few months.

Purchased in November 2020 at Amazon for $399.00.

Medela A.Medela

Convenient pump, still some issues

Purchased in May 2020 at Amazon for $425.00.

Pooja
Pooja

Good pump

It's effective pumping. I'm happy with it. no issue yet. Used it twice for both kids. Charger needed replacement after 5 years. Cost is a bit high like most Medela products.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Pooja, thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us, we are thrilled that you found the Freestyle Flex effective for pumping for both of your children.

Belinda BermanSydney, NSW

Freestyle flex

The fact that the battery died is not good. It works really well. Expresses well and is great but the battery is a problem. I used an earlier model and it was also great but again the battery had an issue. For a product that costs $500 or more it is not what I would expect.

Purchased in February 2020 for $560.00.

Belinda Berman

Thanks so much. It seems that the support is also good. Not only the product!

Medela A.Medela

Thanks Belinda, we are glad we could help you.

Great, Easy, lightweight, comfortable

Easily used, light, charges quick, good for use in the car or standing holding baby while pumping. I used this for about 6 months now. I have also used the medela swing and this one is much better more gentle and mimics baby better. Parts are easier to clean with no back flow of milk. Love the cooler bag and the travel handbag makes it easy to put everything in while on the go

Purchased in April 2020 for $600.00.

Jayne W.
Jayne W.Canberra 2600, ACT

Great pump overall, only a few little niggles

This pump is easy to use, super portable, light, and had great battery life. Touch screen needs a lock so you can walk around without it getting bumped and operating. Also, I find the clips on the bits that the membranes and bottles go into stopped holding after awhile. I have to use bands to keep them closed. Pump was nice and quiet, but has been getting noisier and is now fairly loud. I have been using it nearly 4 months, almost exclusively pumping.

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

SopNg
SopNgGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cordless pump

For someone like me who is a first time mum, this product is very easy to use and clean. It's cordless and touch screen therefore i'm able to multitask at the same time when i have my medela bra making it hands-free. I produce a fair amount while expressing something like 350ml in 10minutes and that's at a suction strength L4. If you want a stronger suction then you can just up the strength easily on the product. There's also a timer on this product for convenience. This pump is really compact and I'm able to bring it with me anywhere or wherever i need to. I honestly really love this pump and would recommend it to any new mothers.

Purchased in February 2020 at Baby Bunting for $499.00.

Jenn
JennGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A great product for convenience!

Purchased in January 2020.

Easy to pump it!

Easy, comfy, pumps well, light weight, quiet and easy to clean.
Negative - it is only capable to pump two breast at a time.

Stellar Product Testing Panel provided me with this pump.

Chantelle
ChantelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Freestyle Flex has been a god send!

I absolutely love my Freestyle Flex breast pump. It’s so compact and convenient to take anywhere & I love that the double breast pump gets more milk in a shorter amount of time! Highly recommend, it’s simply the best breast pump!

Purchased in November 2019 for $549.00.

Chloe J.
Chloe J.asked

I have recently changed from the Medela electric maxi double pump to the Medela Electric flexi double and have run into a bit of trouble. I am finding that the overall power of the pump is nothing the same as the maxi and is still leaving my breast half full and not properly draining them.
Would just like to know why this is ?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Chloe, we are sorry to hear that you are finding the suction to be less effective for your Freestyle Flex breast pump. Please contact our customer service team who will do everything they can to help you by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

Santu G.
Santu G.

Same here I purchase freestyle 10 days ago anita section power is too low it only section on one breast only

Becks
Becksasked

With the Freestyle Flex it says 250 hour operating life, could you please confirm if this is for the motor or the more easily replaced parts?

Medela A.Medela

Hi Becks, our Freestyle Flex battery lasts up to 8 double pumping sessions before needing to be recharged via USB, and the motor comes with a 2 year warranty. In regards to the spare parts, we do not have a specified time frame for if/when these would need to be replaced as it depends on maintenance and care of the spare parts. For more information, please contact our customer service team by calling 1800 787 345 or emailing contact.au@medela.com.

F.win
F.winasked

Hi, i have a problem with my medela free style flex, sometimes one of them is losing suction, even after i clean and dry it perfectly, sometimes both of it works but there is a loud suction sound come out, its not like this before.. is there anything i can do to fix it? Thanks

See all Medela Freestyle Flex questions

Get an answer from our members and Medela representatives

Features:

• This double electric breast pump is light to tote around in your handbag, weighing just 300g
  • A built-in rechargeable battery is powered via a USB port
  • Pairs with the MyMendela smartphone app, so you can time your pumping sessions and record the amount of milk you’ve expressed
  • Digital interface is equipped with touchscreen controls, so you can pause pumping, switch to expression mode or adjust vacuum levels
  • Comes with Medela PersonalFit Flex breast shields, which help with both comfort and producing more milk

Points of praise for the Medela Freestyle Flex:

• Easy to use and comfortable when it came to expressing milk, and also easy to clean
  • The cordless, hands-free operation was highly appreciated by new mothers, along with the lightweight build and ease of portability
  • Long battery life was another plus point, with some mothers saying that they can use it for 2-3 days (used up to three times a day) before the pump needs charging
  • The double breast pump functionality means you’ll get more milk in a shorter space of time, making this pump an efficient option for expressing milk.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Medela is pumped to be a 2021 Award Winner in the Breast Pump category. With high scores given by reviewers to the Freestyle Flex’s portability, suction ability and comfort level during use, it’s not difficult to see why Medela has won this award.