Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

MPN: SPS200
See the Best Electric Breast Pumps in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Spectra

Pros

Efficient at expressing milk
Makes minimal noise
Has a night light

Cons

Not very portable

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

Maya G
Maya GSydney, NSW

Disgusting customer service!!!

Purchased in at Sydney Wide Chiropractic for $300.

Juliet Bell
Juliet BellSydney, NSW

Waste of money

I bought this pump about 6 months ago after reading all the positive reviews on the Product Review website.
This is the worst purchase I’ve done in my life. The pump is bulky, heavy and very loud and noisy.
I’m not really sure if the reviews on here are all paid reviews as this product is far from what it has been described here.

Purchased in .

Dont kid yourself
Dont kid yourselfAdelaide

Good luck if you have trouble. No warranty within warranty period.

Purchased in at Spectra Baby for $399.

Akshay D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Worst Customer Service….

Got s2 pump delivered 2 days ago and the same day contacted customer service for the return address . Mind you it’s not open at all even the postage package is still intact . No phone , no emails returned no face book messages return . What do I make of this . We are all very busy in this world but customer service is a very important part of a business . Let’s see if someone contacts me from customer service after my last resort of writing a review. Please be aware . Do your research and choose wisely .

Purchased in at Spectra Baby for $300.

STILL NO CONTACT.

Akshay D.

Blocked me and no contact. I give up . Please learn from my experiences.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

NLC
NLC

Pump works well but very expensive to replace parts frequently

Pump is effective, however it isn’t clearly stated on the website when you purchase that if you pump a couple of times a day you should expect to replace the parts every couple of weeks. This knowledge was only shared once I emailed spectra after the new parts I spent $67 on stopped working after just one week. I was advised to expect to be spending this every couple of weeks, which means the $299 pump is in fact $299 + $67 each 10 days of use (a couple of times a day). Buyer beware of this ongoing cost before purchasing.

Purchased in .

kar
karVictoria

Very efficient pump!

I have been using it daily for around 6 to 8 times per day and can't fault it. I have been hearing great reviews so bought it for myself. Not the cheapest but it is great value for my buck. Been using it for nearly 5 months now and haven't encountered any issues yet. Although would love to have tried the s1 for portability, but still very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in for $299.

Sam S.
Sam S.Central West, NSW

Best pump around

This pump was amazing. I cut holes in a sports bra so I could pump hands free. Its quite, easy to use and made a massive difference to my supply. The battery life is pretty good but if you're pumping 3 hourly, like I was, it's best to keep it charging all the time. I cannot recommend it enough!!

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
The Top-Rated Baby Products of 2022

the-top-rated-baby-products-of-2022
Isabel
IsabelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely Wonderful Breast Pump

I hired Medela hospital grade breast pump and used until baby is 4 months old. Then I start using Spectra. Comparing the two, Spectra is far more excellent in expressing milk in my case. I can almost empty my breast in each pumping within 30mins. I highly recommend Spectra to all new mum. It is more effective and worth investing in.

Purchased in at Spectra Baby for $299.

martina
martinaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst Customer Service

Purchased in for $299.

Carla
CarlaSydney, NSW

Would definitely recommend!

This pump is perfect. I am very comfortable using it. I love the vacuum and let down mode. I use it every third hourly. Spectra s2 is also very high in quality. The noise is very minimal. I love the lamp too. I don't have to open the lights anymore when I pump at midnight. I am also very satisfied with the amount of milk I get with every pump. This is also hospital grade so it is more powerful and effective than many personal-use pumps. This added strength and better mimics my bub's natural stimulation. I love this pump and would definitely recommend it to mum's out there. A great value for money.

Purchased in at Birth Partner for $299.

Steven K.
Steven K.Sydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

Terrible company: avoid this company at all costs. pump became very weak and The battery life decreased under the guaranteed battery life. We were well within our consumer rights to get a warranty claim however this company ignored my messages and then blocked me. I have never dealt with a company like this my entire life. How desperate can they be for money. I will be taking my claim to NCAT. Disgusting people and I will be ensuring the word spreads. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Incentivised Review No
MummaL
MummaLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Parts discoloured and needed replacement after only 3-4months use. Not worth the price. Contacted Spectra and they did not agree to replace any parts or even offer a discount given that the parts deteriorated so quickly after so few uses. Overall an average product that's overpriced and underwhelming customer service.

Purchased at Spectra Baby for $450.

Spectra
Customer Service T.SpectraSend a private message

Huaqian Wu
Huaqian WuSydney, NSW

Comfortable

I've tried two other breast pumps, including Medela Freestyle. However, Spectra is more comfortable and quieter. Although it's bit bulky and heavy, I don't move it around so it's fine.

Purchased in at Spectra Baby for $269.10.

LaurenM
LaurenMSouth East Queensland, QLD

An absolute necessity!

I had previous used the Medela and rated that brand highly. The Spectra has completely blown me away. My milk supplied has increased massively and made my journey of feeding twins a breeze. The initial cost may make you question the purchase but if you can afford it, I really recommend you buy it.

Purchased in at Spectra Baby for $300.

Leah
LeahCanberra 2600, ACT

Highly recommended, excellent investment!

I had struggle increasing my milk supply since it is my first baby. This pump is really a big help. I am very happy with the amount of milk I am expressing and baby is always satisfied so I’d say my milk production increased. It’s also easy to clean. With the portability, I still have to experience it when I get back to work. Otherwise, very satisfied and very happy I purchased one. Getting it while on sale was a bonus!

Purchased in at Spectra Baby.

Venessa M.
Venessa M.asked

Dear spectra. I have a spectra- with blue colour and have noticed it is becoming increasingly loud when I pump, compared to when I first started. Is there something i need to do to quiet the pumping process. It is especially loud during the mimicking of suckling.

Spectra
Customer Service T.SpectraSend a private message
Ellie M.
Ellie M.asked

Best for 200$ or less

Nad R.
Nad R.asked

My pump powers on and immediately powers off, any ideas?

See all Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has 320mmHg of suction, as well as the ability to adjust this suction strength so you can choose what’s most comfortable for you.
  • Double pumping lets you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously - making it great for time-poor mothers (which is, let's face it, most mothers).
  • It also has a massage mode to promote quick letdown.
  • Spectra advertises this breast pump as being “super quiet”, meaning it could be a good option for those after discreet pumping.
  • The breast pump has an adjustable cycle speed, letting you choose between 5 speed settings between 38 and 54 rpm.
  • It’s a closed system, meaning no milk will leak outside the pump, and nothing will get in the pump, making it more hygienic for both mum and bub.
  • For those who find themselves up at all hours needing to express, this breast pump has a night light and timer to make those sleepy express sessions slightly easier.
  • It’s mains-powered, so it must be plugged into a power outlet in order to operate.
  • The whole device weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that this breast pump was efficient at expressing milk and effectively mimicked a baby’s natural stimulation. It also didn’t lose suction.
  • The night light was appreciated by a lot of reviewers, who said that it provided enough light to see what they were doing during night express sessions but was dim enough to not disturb anyone else.
  • Reviewers said that the device made minimal noise.

Pain point:

• The main pain point of this breast pump is that it isn’t very portable, as it’s bulkier than most other breast pumps and is mains-powered. Spectra however doesn’t advertise it as being portable, and portability may not be a pain point for women who don’t require a pump they can easily take on the go.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps