Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

MPN: SPS200

Pros

• Efficient at expressing milk

• Makes minimal noise

• Has a night light

Cons

• Not very portable

• Portability
  • Suction
  • Comfort

kar
karVictoria

Very efficient pump!

I have been using it daily for around 6 to 8 times per day and can't fault it. I have been hearing great reviews so bought it for myself. Not the cheapest but it is great value for my buck. Been using it for nearly 5 months now and haven't encountered any issues yet. Although would love to have tried the s1 for portability, but still very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in March 2021 for $299.00.

Sam S.
Sam S.Central West, NSW

Best pump around

This pump was amazing. I cut holes in a sports bra so I could pump hands free. Its quite, easy to use and made a massive difference to my supply. The battery life is pretty good but if you're pumping 3 hourly, like I was, it's best to keep it charging all the time. I cannot recommend it enough!!

Isabel
IsabelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely Wonderful Breast Pump

I hired Medela hospital grade breast pump and used until baby is 4 months old. Then I start using Spectra. Comparing the two, Spectra is far more excellent in expressing milk in my case. I can almost empty my breast in each pumping within 30mins. I highly recommend Spectra to all new mum. It is more effective and worth investing in.

Purchased in February 2021 at Spectra Baby for $299.00.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

martina
martinaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst Customer Service

Purchased in April 2020 for $299.00.

Carla
CarlaSydney, NSW

Would definitely recommend!

This pump is perfect. I am very comfortable using it. I love the vacuum and let down mode. I use it every third hourly. Spectra s2 is also very high in quality. The noise is very minimal. I love the lamp too. I don't have to open the lights anymore when I pump at midnight. I am also very satisfied with the amount of milk I get with every pump. This is also hospital grade so it is more powerful and effective than many personal-use pumps. This added strength and better mimics my bub's natural stimulation. I love this pump and would definitely recommend it to mum's out there. A great value for money.

Purchased in June 2020 at Birth Partner for $299.00.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Steven K.
Steven K.Sydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

Terrible company: avoid this company at all costs. pump became very weak and The battery life decreased under the guaranteed battery life. We were well within our consumer rights to get a warranty claim however this company ignored my messages and then blocked me. I have never dealt with a company like this my entire life. How desperate can they be for money. I will be taking my claim to NCAT. Disgusting people and I will be ensuring the word spreads. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

MummaL
MummaLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Parts discoloured and needed replacement after only 3-4months use. Not worth the price. Contacted Spectra and they did not agree to replace any parts or even offer a discount given that the parts deteriorated so quickly after so few uses. Overall an average product that's overpriced and underwhelming customer service.

Purchased at Spectra Baby for $450.00.

Spectra
Customer Service T.Spectra
Huaqian Wu
Huaqian WuSydney, NSW

Comfortable

I've tried two other breast pumps, including Medela Freestyle. However, Spectra is more comfortable and quieter. Although it's bit bulky and heavy, I don't move it around so it's fine.

Purchased in September 2019 at Spectra Baby for $269.10.

LaurenM
LaurenMSouth East Queensland, QLD

An absolute necessity!

I had previous used the Medela and rated that brand highly. The Spectra has completely blown me away. My milk supplied has increased massively and made my journey of feeding twins a breeze. The initial cost may make you question the purchase but if you can afford it, I really recommend you buy it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Spectra Baby for $300.00.

Leah
LeahCanberra 2600, ACT

Highly recommended, excellent investment!

I had struggle increasing my milk supply since it is my first baby. This pump is really a big help. I am very happy with the amount of milk I am expressing and baby is always satisfied so I’d say my milk production increased. It’s also easy to clean. With the portability, I still have to experience it when I get back to work. Otherwise, very satisfied and very happy I purchased one. Getting it while on sale was a bonus!

Purchased in May 2020 at Spectra Baby.

Tanah
TanahFar North Queensland, QLD

Great Investment!

What a fantastic pump to use. It works so well for me swell, its super comfortable and I like the changeable settings, the fact it has a light is amazing as well. Now I have gone back to work I use it 3-4 times a day and its so handy, relatively quite swell. I have previously had another brand of pump, which was good too, but I now get double the milk in half the time, quite fantastic!!!!

Purchased in April 2020 at Spectra Baby for $399.00.

Kate M
Kate MCentral Queensland, QLD

Excellent investment!

I use this pump religiously whether it's at home or away on holiday. I've had it for 3.5 years now and it's still going strong, so it is definitely an excellent investment and worth every penny. Currently with my second Bub I have been expressing 2-3 times a day and have a good freezer stash, easily expressing upto 160ml per boob (sometimes over 200ml on the overacheiving boob). Very quiet and comfortable to use either with single or double option. Highly recommend if you're looking at a good quality and long lasting pump.

Purchased in November 2016 at Spectra Baby for $254.15.

Nickeysixx
NickeysixxCentral, SA

Fantastic pump

I've used this pump with my first and now with my newborn. I love it, it's extremely efficient at expressing milk and I used it multiple times a day. I pump anywhere from 50-100mls per side twice per day as well as breastfeeding.
It's super easy to clean and spectras have great resale value and it's safe to resell as it's a hospital grade pump. I highly recommend this pump, especially when the site has the click frenzy special.

Purchased in May 2018.

Cathryn
CathrynCentral West, NSW

Excellent loved it thank you spectra

I had trouble B feeding and brought this pump after I left the hospital, I was so happy to use another hospital grade pump as some others did not produce the same amount of milk

Purchased in November 2015 for $150.00.

Marilin S.
Marilin S.

Absolutely love it!

This is so easy to use and I’m able to get 150 ml with 15 min every time. It is so gentle and doesn’t make lout noise like some of the other pumps.

Purchased in August 2019.

Venessa M.
Venessa M.asked

Dear spectra. I have a spectra- with blue colour and have noticed it is becoming increasingly loud when I pump, compared to when I first started. Is there something i need to do to quiet the pumping process. It is especially loud during the mimicking of suckling.

Spectra
Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Venessa, pump sound alone is not an indicator of fault, but there are things that can influence this for sure. :)

If the pump has been knocked or dropped at all, that will influence it. It is also important to change the shield kit parts regularly as recommended, as this will affect sound too.

Ensure your shield kit is set up properly, and using a softer surface to set the pump on will also help. :)

Hope that helps. :)

Spectra team

Ellie M.
Ellie M.asked

Best for 200$ or less

Nad R.
Nad R.asked

My pump powers on and immediately powers off, any ideas?

See all Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric questions

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives

Features:

• The Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has 320mmHg of suction, as well as the ability to adjust this suction strength so you can choose what’s most comfortable for you.
  • Double pumping lets you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously - making it great for time-poor mothers (which is, let's face it, most mothers).
  • It also has a massage mode to promote quick letdown.
  • Spectra advertises this breast pump as being “super quiet”, meaning it could be a good option for those after discreet pumping.
  • The breast pump has an adjustable cycle speed, letting you choose between 5 speed settings between 38 and 54 rpm.
  • It’s a closed system, meaning no milk will leak outside the pump, and nothing will get in the pump, making it more hygienic for both mum and bub.
  • For those who find themselves up at all hours needing to express, this breast pump has a night light and timer to make those sleepy express sessions slightly easier.
  • It’s mains-powered, so it must be plugged into a power outlet in order to operate.
  • The whole device weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that this breast pump was efficient at expressing milk and effectively mimicked a baby’s natural stimulation. It also didn’t lose suction.
  • The night light was appreciated by a lot of reviewers, who said that it provided enough light to see what they were doing during night express sessions but was dim enough to not disturb anyone else.
  • Reviewers said that the device made minimal noise.

Pain point:

• The main pain point of this breast pump is that it isn’t very portable, as it’s bulkier than most other breast pumps and is mains-powered. Spectra however doesn’t advertise it as being portable, and portability may not be a pain point for women who don’t require a pump they can easily take on the go.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps