Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Double Electric

MPN: SPS200

Easy and Best Quality

Love this electric pump which is easy to use and one of the best quality pump.
I used it for few months and it made my life so much better. Highly recommended.

Purchased in February 2018.

Best quality electric breastpumb

Spectra electric pump is really useful for me during my first pregnancy. I used this pump every day. This one helped me to avoid leaking during nighttime because baby doesn’t want to feed in nighttime.

Purchased in November 2018 at Sepctra online for $210.00.

Good Quality, Fast Pump and Easy to Use

Got this for my wife and the instructions was pretty straight forward. Cleaning was good and my wife advised that it was not painful to use on her and was comfortable to use.

Purchased in July 2017.

Beware of size before buying

The main issue with this breast pump is the flange is way too big for me, and as a result, it doesn't sit comfortably or draw out much milk. I have to press the flanges firmly against my breasts to get any milk out. I feel this should be highlighted when purchasing the pump on the spectra website. You should be able to measure your breasts beforehand and customise your order to choose the right size flange for your breasts, otherwise it's just a waste of money. As it turns out, spectra don't have the right size for my breasts and I have to order an appropriate flange from a different company in order to use this pump.

Purchased in December 2018 at Spectra Baby for $240.00.

Usage Frequency Short-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)
Feeding Methods Breastfeeding
Hi Andyis, I am so sorry you have had some disappointment with your pumping experience with your S2. I am certain we can help with this though. For all pumps, you will need to hold the shields at your breast or they will fall off. If you want to pump hands free, you would need a pumping bra, and we can certainly help with ideas about that too. Also, we can help you with shield sizing, and would recommend getting our guidance on this, as sadly it is a poorly misunderstood concept by birth professionals and many Lactation Consultants, so we would love to help you with this. If you message our Customer Service Team at support@spectra-baby.com.au, I am certain we can help resolve these difficulties, and any others you are having, very quickly. :) We will keep an eye out for your message. :) The Spectra team

Great breast pump

A little pricey but you get what you pay for. Been in use for a little over 2 months now and used at least twice a day. The suction is consistent and doesn’t make much noise when operating. In hind sight would recommend the model with the batter for increased portability. The little light that comes with it is surprisingly useful. The suction settings help you set a suction level that is comfortable for you.
However, the bottles and nipples that came with the pump are not the great, and recommend you get another bottle to feed. Not to mention only the bottle discoloured after a few weeks use. I suspect the sterilising in the microwave resulted in the bottle discolouring. But doesn’t explain why the other components of the pump didn’t discolour when sterilised together.
All in all the pump has been used regularly everyday for over 2 months and still going strong. Definitely on the top of the baby prep list (if you can afford it)

Purchased in February 2019 at Spectra Baby for $270.00.

Feeding Methods Breastfeeding
Hi Shaz, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience of your S2. I am glad to hear it has been helpful. :) Unfortunately all bottles, regardless of brand will discolour with sterilising. :( It is the plastic that is used, which is more obvious than the shield kit parts, hence the difference. The bottles when discoloured are still safe to use though, and check with your health care professional, as sterilising is not usually recommended for bottles and shield kit parts, but in some situations they will advise this. This might also save you some time, and prevent your shield kit parts from wearing so quickly and needing replacement to maintain the suction and efficiency of your pump. :) If we can help with anything further, please shoot us a message, and we will be happy to help. :) Spectra team

Don’t hesitate just buy

One of the best baby purchases l made. Compact, quiet and easy to use. Never had an issue and parts were quick and cheap to replace. I’ve handed this onto my gf who just had her first baby. Don’t muck around with cheaper pumps.

Purchased in February 2018 for $299.00.

Comfort
Hi JAC, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with your S2. :) Great to know another mum and bub are benefiting from your pump now too! Let us know if we can help with anything at all Spectra team

Amazing Pump

I love this breast pump when I was using it with my 2 girls, helped me get my milk supply up and made breast feeding more bearable for myself thanks

Purchased in July 2015 for $399.00.

Feeding Methods Breastfeeding
Hi Candice, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience of the S2! I am pleased it has helped you with your two girls. :) Let us know if we can help with anything else. :) Happy pumping! Spectra team

Great Service and Reliable Brand

I ordered my Spectra and it arrived within 3 business days of placing my order by courier! The Medela and Advent double electric pumps are not hospital grade like this one and cost over $300, therefore I think it’s very good value for what it has to offer. It is easy to use and very portable. Very impressed with the service in particular so far!

Purchased in March 2019 for $299.00.

Hi DelMac, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience of your S2. I am pleased we were able to get it to you quickly, and you are happy with everything. :) Let us know if we are able to help with anything at all :) Happy pumping. Spectra team

Amazing pump

This pump is the holy grail of breast pumps. There isn’t a single pump on the market that compares to spectra. While spectra themselves need to start selling a wider range of flange sized for ladies with smaller nipples, the pumps themselves cannot be faulted.

Purchased in July 2018 at Spectra Baby for $230.00.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding

Best pump

I've used hospital grade Medela pump and this spectra is 10 times better will suggest this pump to everyone I know. It's comfortable it works great and doesn't hurt. It doesn't take long to get alot of milk and the little night light is handy.

Purchased in January 2019 for $300.00.

Feeding Methods Breastfeeding
Hi Tina, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience of your S2. :) Pleasing to hear it has worked so well for you, and you found it to be gentle against your nipples. :) Let us know if we can help with anything else at all. :) Happy pumping. :) Spectra Team

Device broken in 2 days

I have received the S2 on Monday 11.02.19, and on Wednesday 13.02.19 the device stop working.

I contacted costumer service which is the number on your website (07) 3053 8669 However, it goes into a pre-record message which tells me that "It can be tricky getting us on the phone, please send us an email".

It is so annoy that the device broken in 2 days with normal usage. And the costumer service is not reachable.

I have to express my breast milk every 3 hours for a premature baby, so now I have to get another device.

I am not happy with your device neither your customer service.

Purchased in February 2019 for $299.00.

Feeding Methods Breastfeeding
Hi Fiona, I am so sorry you have had trouble getting hold of us. We respond to all messages within a couple of hours, and the fastest way to get hold of us would be via our Facebook Private Messages or email to support@spectra-baby.com.ay If you send us a message, I am sure we can help you get this resolved, as you do have a warranty we can help with. I will keep an eye out for your message and we will prioritise getting this sorted out for you. The Spectra team

Best on the narket

The Spectra breast pump is one of the top products I have purchased as a new mum. I initially had latch problems so I had to go straight into expressing - the Spectra pump was better than the hospital grade one I used in hospital. It was more powerful and expressed milk quicker.

Pros
Incredibly powerful - I can pump 150ml+ in under 10 minutes.
Vibration option helps with instant let down.
Good range of pump power options.
Small nightlight for late night pumping convenience.
Nice sleek design.
Excellent customer service.
Very quiet and discreet.

Cons
For the price it would be good to add some accessories. E.g. spare nipple covers, a storage bag or case etc.
It would be amazing if it could be hands free. E.g. a bra of some sorts. I almost drop the bottles when I’ve dozed off in the night haha.
I don’t think the bottles are amazing quality. The flow is far too quick and there’s no cover or case for them when traveling. I always pour my milk into another bottle afterwards.

Overall a fantastic product. The number one breast pump to invest in.

Hi Simone, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with the S2. :) Glad it is working so well for you. :) You can get or make a hands free bra to help with pumping, if you message us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can give you info about that. :) Happy pumping! Spectra Team

Best affordable breast pump

This is an excellent and yet affordable hospital grade breast pump - I have tried a few different ones before i have got my spectra, it is absolutely a life saver, especially for full-time working mums.

It is powerful and quiet and very efficient as you're saving heaps of times when double pumping. Highly recommend and also their support has been amazing. I had an issue with the shield size and they were absolutely brilliant.

Hi Lana, thanks to much for taking the time to leave a review of your S2 experience. :) I am so pleased you figured out a good shield fit for yourself and the pump is working so well for you. Let us know if we can help with anything at all. Spectra team

Great machine

Got this breast pump with my first i didn’t need it much but it was great when I did!
This time round I’m using it a lot more and it is still fantastic !! The let down mode for me is great I don’t bother with the other setting.
My only regret is I didn’t get the S1 because it’s portable.
I’ve lent this pump to quite a few friends and they have all ended up buying one !!

Hi Karlie, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with your S2. :) I am pleased to hear that you are using this pump with your next little one, and it is serving you so well! Let us know if we can help with anything at all. The Spectra team

Absolute lifesaver

This breast pump was a life saver.. we had our first child in May and had no idea what we were in for. We bought the breast pump in the first week cause I had an oversupply of milk and it’s been amazing!! It’s comfortable. Easy to use.. really just amazing! Can’t fault it.. highly recommend it! Worth every penny!

Hi Nat, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with the S2. So pleased it has helped you out. :) Let us know if we can help with anything at all. The Spectra team

Best pump

I've had the medela pump before but it didn't have enough pressure. This one has the pressure and timer so it tells you how much you've been pumping. It also has a built in lamp but I don't use it much. I just really like the timer aspect of it and the pressure it has. I've read the online reviews as well and they're pretty much true.

Hi Maki, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience of your S2. Pleased to hear it has been helpful for you. :) Let us know if we can help with anything at all. Spectra team Australia

Value for money, great for first time Mums

Switching from Medela Symphony, I have a mixed experience using Spectra S2. Reason for switching to Spectra was terribly sore painful breasts, I couldn’t tolerate even the lowest the suction, tried several brands nothing worked, gave Spectra a try, the gentle vibrative suction felt so much better than any other pump. Overall, it’s a decent pump, there is a learning curve, need to get used to it.

Pros:
Lowest price compared to popular hospital grade brands
2 year warranty on motor is really good for the price
Unique feature of this pump is the vibrative suction, which is totally customisable to ones tolerence.
The suction levels can be adjusted from 1-5 when on Massage mode (let down mode), and 1-12 on Expression mode.
Cycle can be adjusted only when in Experssion mode, this is not available on most popular pumps out there (e.g. Medela, Avent etc), while its fixed to 70 in when in Massage/let down mode.
Light weight, easy to carry, with a clear display and variable night light.
Flanges fit Avent bottles
Pump shuts down after 30 mins, its a safety feature
Able to get good volumes of milk, am pumping much longer than 30 mins though

Cons:
There is a learning curve, initially supply was really low, slowly got better as I got used to the pump (after 3 days of pumping)
Noiser compared to Medela Symphony, not the quietest pump as advertised, disappointing!
Spare parts are bit expensive than the popular brands and may not be in stock when you need it
,e.g. flanges doesn’t come in pairs, each costs $16, spare part (flange only) for the desired size (28 mm) was out of stock, forced to buy full set for $29
Flange is not detachable, is fixed with the lid, not compatible with most pumping bras that works well with other brands
S2 Power cord length is much shorter that most brands, limiting movement away from power outlet,
Same with tubing length, shorter than most, need to keep the pump really close and keep far away from baby’s pulls and kicks
Supplied bottles with the unit are very flimsy, keeps coming off the flanges, currently using Avent wide neck bottles instead, need to ensure bottles are tightly screwed every now and then, as it kept coming off 28 mm flange, really bad design, spilling milk everywhere, all hard work wasted!

Flanges won’t fit popular pumping bras, so had to get a new one, with wider openings to fit the flange.
Suction attachment (backflow protectors) that attaches to the flange is brittle, breaks easily, have to purchase and replace the whole set, better to keep a spare set.
Duckbil valve is not durable if sterilizing, it gets stretched with frequent use and needs to be replaced, costs $14 for a pair.
Overall, am happy using this pump as my main pump but have to constantly spend more $$$$ on spare parts to keep this pump functioning effectively.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your very comprehensive review of the S2. :) I am glad the pump has been able to help you. :) Some of the things you have listed on the pros list there we can help you with so please shout out if we can help you. :) Happy pumping. The Spectra team

Take My Money!!!

I had twins last year who spent their first 2 weeks in the hospital, so I was exclusive pumping around the clock for them with this pump. It. Is. Fantastic. I used 2 different types of Medela pumps previously and for me they just didn’t come anywhere near this one.

Using this pump (obviously combined with other factors) I was able to build and maintain a milk supply for 2 babies. The ability to change the settings to suit your body, the light and especially the timer were amazing for someone pumping around the clock. I always forgot how long I’d been pumping for with my Medela - this one counts from the start and turns off at 30 mins as if to say “that’ll do Mumma, that’ll do.”

The backflow prevention valve is also a point of difference - I occasionally had to wash out the tubes of my Medela because milk snuck in, but never the case with my S2. So quick and easy to clean and dry again for next use.

More than this, I wanted to know I could get replacement parts from the supplier quickly, not being able to afford it being out of action for long. I ordered a few extra spare pieces a few times from Spectra and they turned up quickly and were on par for cost with Medela.

Definitely one of my must have product recommendations for any new Mumma who needs to express milk.

Hi Kate, thanks so much for such a comprehensive review of your experience with the S2. :) I am pleased it has been such a great pump for you, and everything has been easy. :) Let us know if we can help with anything at all. The Spectra team

Beware foreign transaction fees and wide nipple shields

Charged a foreign transaction fee despite being charged in AUD on .au website and listed as Australian distributor. No response to email regarding this. Nipple shields are extremely wide and they do not offer any alternative sizes. Apart from this the machine is quiet for a pump and was good value with discount.

Spectra S2 Hospital Grade Pump

Wonderful, I purchased this before my daughter arrived and I'm so glad I did. Its efficient, quiet and gentle to use.
This was a complete life saver in the first 3 months. I tried the other pumps in hospital and was glad I got the Spectra over them as it was quicker and far more gentle.

Hi Annie, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with your S2. :) Glad to hear it has been so helpful to you. Let us know if we can help with anything at all. Spectra team