6Spectra S1 Hospital Grade Double Electric

3.7
3.9
3.6
Excellent suction
Can help boost milk supply
Comfortable breast shields
Device is rather bulky

Hellen
HellenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pump has motor issues

I bought my pump within 3 months of use l had issues with the motor. I requested a loan pump which worked well and l did not have to charge tge battery so often but when my oump returned from repairs the issues were worse and before l knew it l was out of warranty.l contacted spectra to see if they could have another look at the motor l was then advised l had to pay for the repairs and tge amount was equivalent to purchasing another breast pump.
Am very disappointed with the product its not worth the money they charge. Show details
Dee123
Dee123Sydney, NSW6 posts

kandishine
kandishinePerth, WA5 posts

Sucks great!

I used Medela when I had my first 3 babies then 9 years later for our last bub I bought the spectra S1 plus double pump. Loooooved it. I don't get the negative reviews but I've also not had any issues with it. I did have to replace the tubing and duckbills during it but easy peasy.
I used my pump exclusively for 8 months and it was Amazing. Really worthy investment... highly recommend

Pros
Quiet
The light
Good suction
Doesn't hurt as lots of setting options
The timer so you know how long you've gone for
Easy to move it around the house (no problems)
Easier to clean compared to other pumps
Cons
I found the parts needed replacing more regularly than I had to replace for my Medela Show details

Coco
CocoSydney, NSW9 posts

There are so many design faults with this flimsy pump, it is horrible and customer service terrible

The pump was defective and the customer service was horrible, I was asking for help and the assistance was abysmal I was given the runaround with a million different questions I had already answered. I had replaced the parts and changed flange sizes but still the pump doesn’t work properly. They said they wouldn’t accept the warranty claim at all so I had no choice but to report to NSW Fair Trading. They wouldn’t even take a look at it! This company hides behind a computer screen and relies on people to just give up. Show details
Laura
Laura

Lem
LemBrisbane14 posts

Colleen B
Colleen B

I ended up having to buy another brand breast pump I got so fed up

Great pump! Not great with the portability. And so incredibly awful when it comes to screwing the bottles onto the flanges or the lids onto the bottles. Any jostling of the bottles in a bag, and the lids come off and leak all over everything… If you’re moving such as typing while pumping, the jostling of your arms will loosen the bottles from the flanges and they will fall right to the floor. It got to the point that I just bought a new pump because you just can’t screw these on tight to where they won’t leak or fall off the flange while pumping.. Show details
Lauren

KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Aramis
Aramis

Terrible customer service

Initially this pump was perfect. After a week of using it I decided to order another tube as I damaged one. Spectra sent me another tube different to the tube that came with the pump - this new tube has terrible suction compared to the original tube. When I emailed customer service regarding this they were very rude, and unprofessional. They made no attempt to remedy this situation. I let them know before writing this review that I was disappointed in their management of my complaint, and they just ignored me.

Absolutely terrible customer service. I gave 2 stars instead of 1 purely because the pump was very good to start off with.  Show details

Edie K.
Edie K.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Quiet and comfortable, amazing for early breast feeding days

I love my spectra s1, battery lasts a long time, it has a handy light which has 2 brightness options and it is easy to assemble and keep clean. The pump is very comfortable and quiet. I can not recommend this enough!  Show details
J D.
J D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Battery issues, refused manufacturers warranty

After 2 months, battery dropped less than half of its original life. Contact support. Was told the wrong information about battery life and told me there’s nothing wrong with it when clearly there was. Customer service person refused to escalate to management per request and blocked me on messenger. Taking this to consumer affairs  Show details

Izzy P.
Izzy P.

Is the spectra compatible with other bottles? Specifically, advent bottles that you can easily buy near me from chemist

Spectra   DM

Heya Izzy - yes! The Advent bottles will work with Spectra pumps. In fact, any standard wide neck bottle will fit on a Spectra shield. :)

Feel free to shoot our Customer Service Team a message is we can help with something else. :)

Spectra Team

K.lummie
K.lummie

Help my spectra pump has turned on but now none of the buttons will work to switch between modes, increase suction or even turn it off.

Tommy J.
Tommy J.

Just had the same problem! Did you find any resolution?

Sam
Sam

I was pumping and all of a sudden the Spectra turns off! I tried to turn it back on and the screen turns in but there’s no suction or pumping sounds from the pump. After a few seconds, it shuts off.

The battery is fully charged! Can someone help?!

Spectra   DM

Hi Sam, oh no! Could you please send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can do some troubleshooting with you to see what is happening?

I will keep an eye out for your message and go from there.

The Spectra team

Sarah L.
Sarah L.

This is the exact problem I just started having, did you get any answers?

Spectra   DM

Hey Sarah, so sorry to hear you're having this issue too :-( If you contact us at support@spectra-baby.com.au we can help you :-) Spectra Team

Features:

• The Spectra S1+ Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt rechargeable battery, making it more portable and able to be used anywhere, anytime.
  • It has a motor life of 1,500 hours.
  • It comes with a double kit for double pumping, letting you save time by expressing milk from both breasts simultaneously.
  • The breast pump has powerful and adjustable suction ranging between 0-320mmHg, letting you easily choose the setting which is most comfortable for you and produces the desired amount of milk.
  • It’s a closed system device, making for a hygienic pumping experience.
  • A night light and a timer are both features on this Spectra breast pump, making it easy for you to pump in low-light settings and keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It has a cycle length of 38-54rpm and weighs 2kg.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this Spectra breast pump had excellent suction, and they also enjoyed how customisable the cycle and suction preferences were.
  • According to many reviewers, this breast pump helped boost their milk supply.
  • They also said that the breast shields as well as the overall expressing experience were comfortable.

Pain point:

• One pain point noted by reviewers was that this breast pump was quite bulky and thus not very portable. However, this is to be expected of hospital-grade breast pumps.
CategoryElectric Breast Pumps