3Spectra 9 Plus Portable Double Electric

3.6
4.2
3.9
4.2
Expresses large quantity of milk quickly
Comfortable and painless to use
Long battery life

Kelly T.
Kelly T.

Be warned

I purchased this product in November 2020 and have only just pulled it out to use this week.

The pump overheated and wouldn’t charge on Monday night. Tuesday morning it’s cooled down and will work while plugged into the wall.

Customer service can’t help me because it’s outside warranty and “we would expect a battery to decline over time, with or without use I am afraid.”

Let this be your warning! Learn from my mistake, test your products within warranty or just steer clear as you can expect the battery to deteriorate rather quickly. Show details

S. LockhartRichmond-Tweed, NSW6 posts

Teagan
TeaganCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC34 posts

Fantastic made things much easier

It is so efficient in pumping ,10 mins or less and I’ve got 150ml each side. The charge lasts for awhile and it’s super compact and easy to move around. I plan on taking it to work. Not worrying about batteries and being able to charge as needed is so much better. I previously had a medulla and it would go flat all the time with the batteries so I had to plug into power point just to express and it was 30 min per side while this is w double so all done and dusted in 10 mins ! Show details
Ivy
Ivy7 posts

Power adaptor purchased online does not fit in

Have recently purchased a spectra 9+ 12V power adaptor. It does not fit in my spectra 9+ breast pump. I have checked my breast pump label as it states that it is of 12V. But turns out that the power adaptor does not fit in. I requested to return the product for a refund. HoweverI got refused as they said that i have “tried to use it” which means I have “used it” and they will not accept a return for a used product. It is a big question that how could I suppose to use the power adaptor which actually do not fit into the breast pump. The worst online shopping experience I have encountered and would rather change to another brand with better customer service and after-sale service.

1 star for its service, 4 star for its breast pump. Show details

Chloe
ChloeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great, as a single pump

This product is great with it's easy display screen, ability to clean, method to put it together, convenient compact size and the portability! Plus, mine arrived within one business day once ordered!

However, I would only recommend as a single pump. When I would want to pump both my breasts, the suction / vacuum would drastically decrease & I would get barely any milk. I also noticed the strength of suction between both sides was different strengths.

Overall, I would only recommend a portable, double pump if it's hospital grade. So just get the Spectra S1 if you're pumping a lot. I didn't think I'd be needing to pump every 3 - 6hrs, but that idea changed when my child was born. Treat yourself & get the best.  Show details

Kenneth
Kenneth4 posts

Ignores all refund requests

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE! After sales communication completely ignored. Seems like their office is actually in Singapore and they dropship their items. No Aussie support at all. 30 day return policy, but all requests to return are ignored. Show details
Nare
NareFar North Queensland, QLD

Not exactly hands free or convenient

The pump is not exactly hands fee as you still need to help the milk flow. Suction is not strong.
When you want to return the product, they are very unwilling to help. Show details
Sarah
SarahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
Amy B
Amy BSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

The PERFECT pump! No regrets

- quiet
- comfortable - pain free and no issues
- easy to use
- portable
- long battery life and fast to recharge
- very effective - can easily pump both breasts at the same time in 10 mins max. Show details
LaurenM
LaurenMSouth East Queensland, QLD17 posts

My breast friend!

This tiny, portable pump is surprisingly powerful. I am able to pump a full feed for my twins in 8 minutes on the Spectra 9. The battery life is quite good. I use it twice daily and it only requires a charge once a week. It is easy to pack up and pop in the pram, also great to keep by the bedside for midnight pumps. Highly recommended to any breastfeeding/expressing mum. Show details
Kat Smith
Kat Smith2 posts
NikonGirl
NikonGirlMetropolitan Adelaide, SA17 posts
Steph W.
Steph W.2 posts

Not very comfortable. Suction hurts

I love the fact this pump is portable and dosnt need to be plugged in.
But if had it with 2 babies now and although I only pump occasionally the suction hurts my nipples.
I have it on level 3 and after 5mins my nipples are sore and if I turn it down to level 2 the suction is too fast and can hardly feel any suction.
I never seem to be able to pump a great deal with it. I was going to purchase the breast massager inserts spectra sell but after reading reviews on them leaking milk I don’t want that.
The medela pumps are much more comfortable.
Battery life is good. Show details
Alex Werner
Alex WernerHunter Region, NSW2 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

The working mum pump

Super comfortable and easy to use pump. I purchased this due to going back to work and having to pump twice throughout the day. It was the best baby purchase I made, people didn't know I was even carrying in a breast pump due to how small and portable it is but don't be fooled although it's small it has some power. I would easily get 180mls or more each day. It also has a great battery life so never had to stress about it running out of charge on me. Would highly recommend. Show details ·  1
jsxk
jsxkSydney, NSW3 posts

perfect for discrete pumping

i love my spectra9+ pump, so portable and discreet (i’ve even used it while watching a movie at the cinemas). easy to use and although not hospital grade it does the job perfectly fine. love the fact that it has an inbuilt battery, so combined with a pumping bra i’m able to move around and get things done in the house without being confined to one spot Show details ·  1

Emily K.
Emily K.

I love my spectra 9 plus but I didn’t realize it was portable because ever since I’ve had it, it only works if it’s plugged into the wall. It has a blinking empty battery life and won’t hold any charge! Is this a problem with my battery or the cord or what?

Andrew F.
Andrew F.

Spectra 9 plus doesn’t want to turn on the when in charge just vibrates

Spectra   DM

Heya! I believe we helped you yesterday with this. :)

Obaa D.
Obaa D.

Hi my spectra s9 pump is showing 100% when plugged but dies when when unplugged. What is happening? Help with solution

S. Lockhart

Good luck, they have terrible customer service on any faulty products. You won’t be getting any money back or a new pump. This happened to mine.

Features:

• The Spectra 9 Plus Portable Double Electric Breast Pump has an inbuilt battery and can be mains-powered, giving you flexibility in where you can pump.
  • It lets you easily adjust the suction strength (up to 300mmHg) and cycle speed together, meaning the speed slows as you increase.
  • The breast pump has a complete double kit - so you can pump both breasts simultaneously and save time. Double pumping also has the added benefit of helping support milk supply by increasing your prolactin (the milk producing hormone) levels.
  • A letdown mode that simulates the way a baby suckles helps speed the start of milkflow, making for efficient expressing.
  • The pump has an LCD display that lets you see where you are with vacuum and cycle settings. A timer on the device also helps you keep track of how long you’ve been expressing.
  • It also has a battery indicator that lets you know how much charge you have left, so you can easily see and prepare for leaving home.
  • It’s all in the name - this breast pump is portable, lightweight (400g), and slimlined. You can easily pop it into a nappy bag or handbag and discreetly carry it around.
  • This is a closed system machine, providing the optimal safety and hygiene for pumping milk.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers loved how effective this breast pump was in pumping, noting that they expressed large quantities of milk in a short amount of time.
  • They also appreciated how lightweight and slimline it was, saying that this portability made it easy to pack and gave reviewers freedom to express themselves wherever they wanted.
  • Most reviewers found that the breast pump felt comfortable on their breasts and was painless to use.
  • The long battery life and swift recharge time was also praised by reviewers.
  • GTIN13: 8809108011343