Spectra 9 Plus Portable Double Electric

• Baby Formula (3)
NikonGirl

NikonGirlMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good pump, but don't expect S1/S2 level performance

Purchased at Spectra Baby.

Not very comfortable. Suction hurts

I love the fact this pump is portable and dosnt need to be plugged in.
But if had it with 2 babies now and although I only pump occasionally the suction hurts my nipples.
I have it on level 3 and after 5mins my nipples are sore and if I turn it down to level 2 the suction is too fast and can hardly feel any suction.
I never seem to be able to pump a great deal with it. I was going to purchase the breast massager inserts spectra sell but after reading reviews on them leaking milk I don’t want that.
The medela pumps are much more comfortable.
Battery life is good.

Purchased in September 2016 at Spectra Baby for $250.00.

Alex Werner

Alex WernerHunter Region, NSW

The working mum pump

Super comfortable and easy to use pump. I purchased this due to going back to work and having to pump twice throughout the day. It was the best baby purchase I made, people didn't know I was even carrying in a breast pump due to how small and portable it is but don't be fooled although it's small it has some power. I would easily get 180mls or more each day. It also has a great battery life so never had to stress about it running out of charge on me. Would highly recommend.

Purchased in August 2018 at Spectra Baby.

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Spectra 9 Plus Portable Double Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

jsxk

jsxkSydney, NSW

perfect for discrete pumping

i love my spectra9+ pump, so portable and discreet (i’ve even used it while watching a movie at the cinemas). easy to use and although not hospital grade it does the job perfectly fine. love the fact that it has an inbuilt battery, so combined with a pumping bra i’m able to move around and get things done in the house without being confined to one spot

Purchased in November 2018 at groupon.

srg

srgGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic Pump

Purchased in February 2018.

DrMum

DrMum

Portable and effective

Great breast pump.
- very effective at pumping
- easy to clean
- portable with a rechargeable battery so good for moving around the house or using at work

Postage is very quick too.

Purchased in December 2016.

ATN

ATNCanberra 2600, ACT

Essential item for working mum who wants to breastfeed

Purchased in July 2017 at Spectra Baby for $199.20.

Michelle S.

Michelle S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Does a great job

I'd never used a breast pump before but my research said this one was great, and I wasn't disappointed. It is comfortable and I can do a full pump in about 8 mins. It's lightweight and portable, with good battery life. I use it daily and would recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in October 2018.

Bethany C.

Bethany C.

Easy portable reliable

I got this just before bubs was born and it has been so easy to use and quick. Even now that I'm at work it's so easy and I can't say enough

Purchased in September 2018.

Kate N

Kate NPerth, WA

Portable and easy breastpump

I was exclusively breast pumping for the first 6 weeks of my babies life. I initially rented a hospital grade pump to establish supply and had already brought the spectra 9 not anticipating how hard breastfeeding and expressing would be. I was very reluctant to use it thinking it wouldn’t be enough to keep my supply up however I was pleasantly surprised! I am now only expressing once a day as I can now breastfeed however I was still managing to get the same output as the hospital grade one. One thing that I can’t stress enough is making sure you get the correct size for your nipples

Purchased in June 2018 at Spectra Baby.

mowerman

mowermanWestern District, VIC

Would highly recommend this breast pump

Purchased in October 2018 at Groupon.

Anne. R

Anne. RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best PUMP!

This pump is so comfortable & did not cause any pain on the breast. The pump is so easy to charge and very easy to use. It helped me pump out a lot of milk and kept the flow going.

Purchased in February 2018.

Customer Service T.Spectra

Thanks so much for your review Anne, we're so pleased to hear how much you love your S9+ :-)
Spectra Team

Jireh

JirehSydney, NSW

Perfect for my lifestyle

Purchased in November 2018.

Maria

MariaSydney

Amazing! Life-saver

I've purchased this pump after reading all positive reviews, and I must say it has proved to be an amazing product! It's efficient yet gentle (and that is quite important if you had to deal with sore nipples). It helped me to establish a good milk supply in early days, and later it helped me to resolve blocked ducts on a couple occasions. I am currently using it on and off and very happy with the performance. Also this pump is light, compact and not noisy comparing to the other pumps on the market. I would definitely recommend this product to a friend.

LMSMelbourne

Faulty pump but no refund provided to returning customer

Loryn

LorynThe Entrance

Love it so far

I’ve only had the pump a few days and I’m extremely impressed and happy with my new pump so far! I highly recommend the spectra 9 plus double electric pump

Anna

AnnaPerth

Pump was not as effective as expected

The S9 is a good pump if you are using it occasionally.
I bought it as reviews said it was as good as a hospital grade pump but it is not. It really affected my supply greatly when I was exclusively pumping. It took me a while and a lot of work to regain my supply.
My lactation consultant also confirmed that the S9 is not as good as their hospital grade pumps.
I was also very unhappy that I couldn't return it cos I had apparently opened it, even though I had not connected any parts to the pump. I just turned it on to see how the suction was.

Isabel

IsabelROKEWOOD JUNCTION

BEST breast pump!

It took some getting used to since I was using the S2 before, but I get just as much milk from this smaller portable pump. Now I use both every day (S2 at home, 9 Plus at the office) and I really do love it. The main difference is the size and portability. Also, the 9 Plus does not have the additional cycle/speed setting but that’s not an issue for me. It will be perfect for traveling as well.

FMR

FMRCanberra

Everything you want in a pump

Due to feeding difficulties I decided to exclusively express. I was doing this 7 times per day for 5 months. While at home I used a hospital grade pump but when out and about or when doing chores around the house I would use his pump. The rechargeable battery is a godsend! I put the pump in my pocket and could express while walking about the house!
I found it as powerful and effective as my hospital grade pump - extracting the same amount of milk in the same timeframes. I didn’t notice it was more or less noisy.

Great pump. Allows you to have freedom and flexibility!

Utari  Novianingsih

Utari Novianingsih

My favourite breast pump ever

It's really comfortable using this breast pump and I used it every day for my baby. It won't hurt your nipples and feels so comfortable when I used it, it's easy to clean and it pumped a lot of amount of milk. It's really easy to bring to the office or for travelling

Paige C.

Paige C.asked

Good morning, I have been using the Spectra S9 for almost a year now. It has worked perfectly. Yesterday when I went to turn it on, it would not work. I thought it must be dead, so I plugged it in and it worked. When I was finished pumping, I kept it plugged in so it would be fully charged the next time. The next time I tried to use it with a full charge, it would not turn on unless I had it plugged in. It still works perfectly if plugged in but this is not possible all the time for me. I need to pump without it plugged in. Any suggestions or thoughts on what could be going on?? Thank you!

Steph W.
Steph W.

I’d say the rechargeable battery has died. How old is it? I don’t know if spectra would replace it or if you could buy a new battery for it

Ashley L.

Ashley L.asked

I've had my spectra 9 plus for 9mths now. when I pumping and I try to go past suction 4 it all feel the same and it really not pulling the milk out the breast. Any help?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hey Ashley, sounds like your shield kit parts are due replacement.

We recommend replacing them regularly to avoid suction loss which can affect your pumping needs, or impact on your output.

If you send us a message to support@spectra-baby.com.au, we can let you know which parts need replacement and how often, depending on your use. :)

Miranda C.

Miranda C.asked

I’ve had my Spectra 9 Plus for just under two months and as of about 2 weeks ago, while pumping, it will stop having suction, however it still sounds like it’s trying to suck. I’ve checked all my parts and reassembled the kit and it is still an issue. When it stops having suction, the back flow protectors don’t move either. What can I do to fix it?

Customer Service T.Spectra

Hi Miranda, not sure if you have replaced your shield kit parts at all?

You should probably check in with us by sending a message to us at support@spectra-baby.com.au so we can see a video of what is happening, and understand more about the care and use of the pump and parts so we can help you get this sorted out. :)

Get an answer from our members and Spectra representatives