Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric

• Suction
  • Comfort
  • Feeding Methods

Issues with battery operation

It's reasonably comfortable however, I only get 50ml expressing for an hr. The pump is also loud and so I bought batteries so I could pump out the way of my baby (whom would constantly wake on hearing it) however it only worked for 2 minutes on ever ready heavy duty 1.5v batteries, so I put another brand new set of 4 in and the same thing! .. Now I have to use it plugged in which is not ideal for me.. And definitely won't be when I return to work :(

Purchased in May 2020 at Farmers for A$300.00.

George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Easy to use

Tried first time as heard a lot through online reviews. Very useful if working full time. Also easy to use as manual ones are very hard to use. This electric one makes life easier.

Sarah H.

Sarah H.

Highly recommend

This pump is extremely easy to use, easy to clean and a good pump. It has 4 Speeds to pump on; and that helps with deciding which you need for the milk. It’s much much easier to use than the hand held pump.

Purchased in June 2018 at Big W for A$160.00.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sarah, thanks for sharing your experience with the Avent breast pump. We're glad to hear that you're satisfied!

Electric Breast Pumps

Find out how Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric compares to other Electric Breast Pumps

Amy Syder

Amy SyderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well but for regular pumping I would purchase a stronger product

Easy to clean, use and transport due to battery option. I don’t find the pump to be very strong and I unfortunately do not get a great amount of milk from this product.

Purchased at Baby Bunting Online store.

Lyss

Lyss

Reasonably priced. Reliable single pump.

This pump is well priced and very reliable. It’s worked well for me and never let me down. As a single pump goes it works well with the avent bottles and storage containers. Travelling with it the unit itself is a little larger than some others but that hasn’t bothered me. Pop some batteries in it and it can be used anywhere anytime.

Purchased in March 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$159.00.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Lyss, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad to hear that you're happy with this product!

Shel

ShelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute waste of money!!

I purchased this pump for $169.99 after reading online reviews, turned out to be an absolute waste of $$. It left my breasts sore and tender. I tried to return the item and was told to see my GP as this pump was designed for comfort and there’s no fault with the pump- basically no return/ refund.

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store.

Low suction

Purchased in May 2017 at Baby Bunting for A$162.00.

Yulia B.
Yulia B.
Arnold

ArnoldGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Looks fine and does the job

My Partner bought it for me and looks good quality and price is reasonable. This is an electric pump which is much better than manual one. Not much noisy and take less time to pump the milk

Purchased in January 2020 at Baby Bunting Online store for A$162.46.

Amanda

AmandaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Easy and reliable

I bought it for me and looks good quality and price is reasonable. I had previously manual one but too much of an hassle. This is an electric pump which is much better than manual one.

Purchased in March 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Simon L.

Simon L.South East Queensland, QLD

This product is terrible DO NOT BUY

I have purchased this products from chemist warehouse and it is terrible. The suction is so small that It pumps out milk it’s so slow.

I have had a spectra at home it was much better.

Contacted customer support and is hopeless - wouldn’t allow me to return.

Purchased for A$170.00.

Seda

SedaSydney, NSW

Easy to use

I used this pump frequently after birth for about 4 months about 3-4 times a day. It is comfortable and compact, I also like that you can use it with batteries without plugging it in. So if you do need to take it anywhere you could.
It was easy to use & wasn’t to noisey. There is different options on to find the one that’s comfortable for you.

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi again, Seda. It's great to hear you're such a happy Avent user. Once again, let us know if we can assist with anything. :)

Rimi

RimiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good and reasonable price.

I bought this last week and I am happy with this machine. The pump is very smooth and very comfortable. Noise level is acceptable. Very reasonable price. Take less time to pump the breast milk and natural touch.

Purchased in February 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$169.00.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding

Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

Avent breat pump machine is so noisy

I love my Avent electrical pump and bottle warmer. I can’t live without them atm. But my avent pump makes big noisy. I am not sure, only happens to my machine .

Gillian Mercylin

Gillian MercylinSydney, NSW

It's perfect. Works really well!

The breast pump i bought was easy to use and really did the job. The spare bottle I got with the pack came in handy too. Motor works well and hardly has no sound.

Purchased in December 2017 at Baby Kingdom Physical store for A$250.00.

Milson

MilsonSydney

What a disappointment this was!

Purchased in September 2019 at Big W for A$250.00.

Elizabeth N.

Elizabeth N.Sydney, NSW

Amazing help when i needed

I had my baby and wanting to continue breastfeeding in spite of wanting to return to work, this Avent breast pump came to my rescue. With the automatic button pressed, I could lie back and just take turns with each breast. Easier than I had thought expression would be

Purchased in July 2017.

Diana

DianaSydney, NSW

good value

It’s comfortable to use. Does it fairly quickly. Draws milk sufficiently. I used the pump about 3 times a week. Of all the pumps on the market I found the availability of parts the easiest to find, you can get them from Coles, baby shops and chemists.

Purchased in April 2018 for A$249.00.

Xe1

Xe1

I love this pump

I was given a 2nd hand Medela by a friend and was never very happy with the small amount I'd pump each time. It ceased working one day when milk got into the motor and the troubleshooting didn't work. After comparing pumps and choosing this Avent one, I couldn't be happier. Expressing a lot more and finding it very easy to use and clean. I'm so happy with the purchase and the warranty provided. It also cannot fail in the way that the Medela did. Love it!

Purchased in February 2019 for A$169.00.

Joshua H

Joshua HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable and easy to use!

Very comfortable, sometimes needs to be re positioned to be effective, but this is no real big issue. Very easy to clean and operate. The battery setting when not plugged in seems to have some bugs, the pump will sometimes just stop pumping, but we don’t rely on the battery as a function so we love the pump!

ISHA

ISHAMelbourne

Excellent pump

I really liked this pump. It is small, light weighted than the one I was using earlier.It is very comfortable to use and you really don't have to lean forward like with other pumps.I get good milk flow and can express a decent amount of milk with each pumping. Recommeded

Katy

Katyasked

Avent Comfort Single Electric

So... I got one second hand, ( i know its probably not recommended) Anyway, worked like a dream... wasnt too noisy and great milk output, and it just suddenly lost suction from the machine part whilst trying to express for approximately 10 seconds, then started again. Happened once to begin with. The next time it happened twice and then the 3rd time it stopped and just never started up again. You could hear it wasn't sucking at all. As I don't physically breastfeed due to latching issues I rely on the pumps and as shops close at 5.30pm, and that was the time I was expressing, I couldn't just pop to the shops and get another one, so resulted in getting yet another second hand one, which was SUPER noisy. So the early morning expression I had to leave the room to avoid waking up the baby and husband. At that point I decided I was getting new one and have the other as back up... So I got a new one. Was fine to begin with, pumping fine (still does), noise was fine.... but now after a couple of months it's starting to get noisy. I can still be in the same room as sleeping baby at this stage, just fear its going to get louder. Also with the return to work coming soon. I'm having a bit of anxiety about the noise so the questions are... 1. that first pump, is that how the die? 2. Why do they suddenly get noisy? Wear and tear? everything is plugging in correctly. As I am writing this I just pumped 500ml (1st expression of the day, but woo go me! - definitely no pumpjng issue)

Philips S.Philips Avent

HI Katy, thank you for sharing your experiences with the Philips Avent Comfort Single Electric. We regret hearing that you've been having difficulties with your pump. We understand that this inconvenient and that you are afraid the noice will progress. Our product specialists would like to help you further regarding these issues. You can reach them at 1300 363 391 when you're located in Australia and at 0800 658 224 when you're located in New Zealand. We hope to hear from you.

Kind Regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

David

Davidasked

Avent Comfort Single Electric

Can I use rechargeable 4 x 1.5V lithium batteries on the philips avent single electric breast pump, instead of the 4 x 1.2V Ni-MH batteries?
My spouse feedback to me that using the rechargeable 4 x 1.2V Ni-MH batteries, the pump action was not as strong as when using the power adaptor.

Philips S.Philips

Hi David thanks for reaching out to us. That's a great question there. Our product specialists will be happy to help you answer that. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

jue jue

jue jueasked

Comfort Single Electric SCF332/01

when using single breast pump SCF332, the adapter is not working and now i am using with batteries. Is there something wrong with the adapter?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for asking and sorry for the late reply. We like to get in touch and see how we can help. We advise you to call the below number for further assistance:

1300 363 391