3Medela Symphony

34 reviews · Statistics

85% · 294 · 12%

Suction
Comfort
See the Best Breast Pumps in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tegan
TeganQLDFar North Queensland, QLD8 posts

Amazing spend!

I have tried the harmony, which was also good for manual pumping but this has been so much easier and less time spent expressing. Would recommend to anyone to ssve yourself time and be able to get more jobs done around the house Show details
Jean
JeanQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

A powerful and efficient machine

I used Medela Symphony in the hospital to establish my milk supply and continued to use it during the early weeks of my breastfeeding. It was very effective and comfortable. And it doesn’t hurt my nipple. Also very quiet. Definitely recommend it. Show details
Emmie
Emmie2 posts

Really helped to establish my supply

I had a terrible start to breastfeeding, my milk didn't come in for almost a week due to having an emergency ceasar and retained membrane that lead to an infection. I was pit on motilium and then immediately taken off it as the pump they gave me in hospital gave me sever nipple trauma to the point where I couldn't breastfeed or express.
This machine saved me! Once I got the right sized flanges, I went from pumping 14ml total to 80ml + in less than 2 weeks. Would definitely recommend. Show details ·  1
RegularPumpingMom
RegularPumpingMomNSW7 posts

This is the pump you should get if you’re struggling with supply

In the early days after delivery I was struggling with milk supply, with my Avent single pump, I was only getting 70 mls for the whole day. This pump truly helped as I could see more milk each day, within a 1 week of use, I was pumping 40-50 mls per session and slowly it increased to 100-125 mls per session.

I used it for 2.5 months and then switched to another hospital grade pump, which am still using.

The only issue was the membranes needed to be replaced, due to constant use, which Medela sent me some for free!

Yes, its heavy and expensive to hire but it was only because of this pump I was able to increase my milk supply.

Highly recommend this pump! Medela website has all the info about where these pumps are available for hire.

Shan
Shan9 posts

It Saves the day!!!

The Medela Symphony breast pump is so comfortable and effective and so easy to use. It has helped me express milk for my little boy.

I use the breast pump at least twice a day and if I'm traveling, it's nice and easy to transport it around with me. I just pop it into a carry bag with all the bits and pieces.

I'm very satisfied with the amount of milk I'm expressing. After I express 50-80 mls I just divide it up and put 10mls in ice block containers and put it in the freezer using a syringe.

belinda
belindaLangwarrin4 posts

Great electric breastpump gets the job done and comfortable/easy to use!

Breastpump is very comfortable and very easy to use with only two nozzles! Easy to clean, travel with and can travel with it.

Its very heavy though, i use everyday multiple times exoressing in between feeds, i am able to express alot of milk and find the bottles/attachments reasonably priced.

i used this item in hospital and wanted to continue using the same product

Lukie
LukieMelbourn4 posts

Worked for 3 months now very poor flow

We got recommended this brand and now highly regret buying it. At first it worked very well but now 3 months it's hardly flowing. We have tried everything from cleaning the unit as instruction manual says and still poor results. It has also nothing to do with my wife's flow as she can manually express without any issues so this unit is a stay away!

Medela
Medela   DM
Teen
TeenVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC7 posts

Easy to use

Used this for my first bub.

It is easy to use but very heavy.. For sure can't move or carry and use it. Also very loud

But only 20mins and done because it's double breast pump...so no taking turns..

Easy peasy...no hassle...their is nothing to clean in machine itself just your bottles.

Definitely I going to hire for my second baby as its very costly..cant afford it.

PByrnes
PByrnesNSWIllawarra, NSW6 posts

Isabella
Isabella2 posts

Complete waste of money

This machine is extremely expensive to hire (approx $40 / week) and there is no value for money. There are excellent hospital grade double pumps on the market that you can purchase to keep for only 200-300$ that are way better than this. This doesn’t remember any of the settings of when you last used it, it is big and bulky, and an absolute pain to clean. To top it all off the staff at medela are rude and unhelpful. I regret the money spent hiring it for a few weeks before I knew there was better available and would not bother hiring it again in the future.

Shazwan
ShazwanBrisbane9 posts

Easy to use makes breast pumping a breeze

Product was mobile and does what it was suppose. Low noise machine and can be used while the baby is with you. A very long lasting equipment this has been passed on from myself to my sister and now its with my sister in law. Definitely a worthy investment for new mums

Rita
Rita4 posts

Excellent but recommend hiring

Very comfortable and effective and relatively inexpensive to hire - about $5 per day.

Sometimes you don't know how long your milk supply will last so definitely I recommend hirining it.

My baby was in special care so this worked really well for home expressing.

It's the same that the hospitals use.

I think it's really expensive to buy esp if you're not sure how long you will use.

Chemists esp those located with hospital have the facility to rent it out.

Very easy to clean - just a wipe down.

Very quiet machine.

I'd definitely use again.

Perthmumma
Perthmumma6024WA, 602410 posts

Go straight to the top

I rented one of these units from a local chemist after having my baby and boy was it great. I managed to express so much quicker than with my old Medela swing and also got a lot more milk, I would absolutely recommend renting one of these units over buying a cheaper hand of single pump

Candyl
CandylSydney11 posts

Very powerful breast pumps

I used this pump when I was at the hospital and the pump was very powerful to produce ongoing flow of breast milk. This pump can be rented via Medirent and it is recommended to rent it for at least 1 month after giving birth to establish consistent breast milk supply. I highly recommend this breast pump for starters..

Jocelyn
JocelynVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC31 posts

Painful

Pros: Quiet operation. Easy to use. Easy to clean and maintain. Disposable parts available.

Cons: Not comfortable to use. Gets more painful as intensity is increased. Has to be plugged in while using.