Pirelli Cinturato P7

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Out of Round Tyre - Manufacturing Defect

Purchased 4 tyres for my Audi TT Quattro - After 13000 km one rear tyre was causing vibrations - had the tyre rebalanced at the retailer but was too far out of round due to manufacturing fault. Reported to Pirelli but they made it clear that after 13000 km I was on my own. Pirelli don't stand by their product - 13000km from a tyre on an Audi TT is pathetic. Going back to Michelin - shouldn't have changed. This sort of problem doesn't occur very often - but if your unlucky and have bought Pirelli's then your on your own.

Purchased in November 2017 for $275.00.

Tyre Mileage 13,000 km
Car ModelAudi TT 8J

Great Grip to Wear balance - 245/40 R18 97Y

My XR6 (see vehicle review below) has new rubber - 56,000 kms from the old set. (I drive briskly, I don't dither)
The previous set of tyres from the previous owner were also Pirelli P7's but the running pressures were set at 34psi Fronts and 30psi Rears (by the book) and the wear patterns were shocking. The fronts showed hints of canvas on insides, excessive wear on outsides with lots of tread left in the middle section. The Rears showed excessive edge wear and again lots of tread in middle section.
My last set of P7's (old set at 56,000 kms) I ran 38 psi all round - (to Audi specs) The Fronts had even wear on edges and just on the depth markers in middle section. The Rears had very even wear across the tyre, down to just beyond the depth markers in some places.
A perfect balance of grip, wear and feedback. With the higher pressures, the vehicle feels light and a little twitchy to steer but positive with no vagueness when running through tight winding roads, with no tendency to push the nose out or flick out the tail.
Just spend the money and fell safe even on wet roads.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $1,100.00.

Car Model2005 Falcon XR6
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI

On my third pair

I've either had Pirellis or Continentals on my Mercedes V8. These are great tyre for the front, grippy in the wet or dry and reasonably long lasting. Just travelled from sydney to Brisbane and back, they're comfortable and quiet too.

Purchased in February 2019.

Tyre Mileage 10,000 km
Car ModelMercedes-Benz CLK-Class C209/A209
Tyre Pressure Used29 PSI
Dry Weather Handling

Great handling premium price.

Replaced the trusted Bridge stone REO3 after 3 years. Road holding is a bit more better and feels a little more quieter. There is also a little difference in price so it was a reasonable.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bobjane Tmart for $360.00.

Tyre Mileage 5,500 km
Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class C200 Kompressor
Tyre Pressure Used32 PSI

Brilliant Tyres.

Purchased 4 Pirelli Cinturato late last year, and find them to be the best tyres for a passenger car I have ever had. Grip in the wet is outstanding and ride comfort excellent. Thoroughly recommend to everyone. Handling also Excellent on a big car. I drive a BF2 Fairlane Ghia, best tyres ever.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $1,100.00.

Tyre Mileage 12,000 km
Car ModelFord Fairlane BF
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI

I bought four of these

I bought four of these and have found them to have low road noise . They are also good grip on dry road. I have had a chance to test them in the wet yet

Purchased in January 2019 for $620.00.

Tyre Mileage 9,000 km
Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL

Quietness my priority

I went from 16 in with Pirelli P1s to 18 in with P7s (07 Honda Accord Euro). Didn't think any tyre could be as quiet as the P1s but the P7s are. I really don't think there's much/any difference in performance (dry, wet, braking, cornering) in the top brands; they are all too long in the business to be anything but good. So for me the issue is noise ('road' or 'cabin' noise). I'll willingly sacrifice a few 1000 km (if necessary) for a quiet ride. The P7s look and feel good and sound ... well, they don't (almost don't) sound (though I recognise that tyre noise is relative and subjective - not definitive - and varies with road surfaces). I love 'em for my idea of quietness - as well as everything else.

Purchased in February 2019 at JAX Tyres.

Noise Level

Fantastic tire - would get again

Done approx 23,000 kms on the Pirelli P7 Cinturato. They are quiet, but have good overall performance. They seem to be quite durable and long wearing, and even after this many kms, seem to be in good shape. In terms different makes and models I've had in the past, I have been most happiest with these.

CarAlfa Guilietta 2015

Terrible noise from the Run Flat

Purchased a BMW X3 xDrive 2.0d in 2017 and it came with 4 sets of Pirelli Cinturato P7 Run Flat tyres - 245/50/18. Travelled 23,000 kms and tyres started to have the humming noise when travelling around 30km/h and 70 km/h. Sent the car to Brisbane BMW, they confirmed the noise was from the tyres and they will not replace them as they have passed half of their tread life. Emailed Pirelli head office in Sydney, the technical manager suggested inflating the tyre 6 - 8 PSI more than the recommended tyre pressure but the noise persisted. I requested to have them replace but Pirelli said they cannot do anything. If you have too much cash to burn or don't mind the tyre noise, go and purchase the Pirelli Cinturato P7 Run Flat! This is my first time using Pirelli tyres and I have previously used Bridgestone, Michelin, Dunlop, Cooper tyres etc, never have any issue with any other brand other than Pirelli.

Car2017 BMW X3 2.0d

Excellent tyre

Excellent touring tyre, car tends to roll more after the accelerator is taken off. Full economy is the same as my previous Pirelli P Zero's The Cinturato P7's tend to be more durable and longer wearing. Handling is excellent and wet weather performance is also great. I got wider tyres this time as my car has a lot of torque and was breaking traction a lot.

CarBMW 1 series 123d

Run Flat.. it works

Overall
In overall, this tyre is really good. Wet and dry conditions, tyre response really well. Always feel comfortable and sure about the grip. Breaking, cornering response is perfect. Didn't have any issues for over 5 years of using these tyres.

Run-Flat Feature
I had run-flat tyres on my car from the day 1. Since I had no issues, when I was replacing the tyres, thought of change it to normal ones. But again because my car doesn't have a spare tyre, I went with run-flat again. My decision was worth. Just two months later I had a puncture on the rear tyre. Car dashboard shows the tyre pressure was lower. But I was able to drive another 65km without any issues. Then for me to change the tyre I have to drive another 10km and I was able to complete that too (But that part I have driven much slower as tyre pressure was too low. But still good enough to drive).
This may not be useful for the vehicles with spare tyre. But for the vehicle doesn't have a spare tyre, This is really worth.

CarBMW 125 E88

What a joke!

Recently bought a new car 7 months ago. A small puncture could be repaired effortless. Then I had the rotten luck of driving near a construction site and sizeable piece of glass got wedged in one tyre. Whilst drive flats imply you can drive for 80 kms, I had no confidence undoing so. Finally got it towed on a Saturday only to be able to pick it up on a Tuesday afternoon with a completely new tyre for $500. I hardly think drive flats are worth this. Not happy, not impressed with the next car will not buy drive flats.

Car2017 Mercedes Benz

Beautiful to drive on

Very comfy tyres to drive on, it almost feels like you’re driving on clouds. If you’re looking for a reliable tyre in the wet and dry, and something you can really enjoy, then this is your tyre. The only downfall is that I wished they lasted a little longer, but let’s be honest, that’s probably just my driving.

Car2010 Holden Cruze

Surprisingly great tyres

I had these tyres on my car since brand new (235/40R19). To be honest, I was annoyed my car didn't come with Pirelli P Zero or other "High Performance" tyres, considering my car has relatively powerful engine.
To my surprise, these tyres are really great. Very solid grip in dry and wet, not noisy at all and very comfortable on the road.
I have 18000 KM on them so far, and they still have plenty of tread. I believe they will go beyond 40 or 50K KM.
I maintain my tyres properly (check pressure, rotate, etc).
I would refit these tyres again on my car

CarSkoda Superb 206

Fantastic! Great quality and look hectic!

Good handling, no road noise. Affordable and well suited for my M B Sedan. Worth the small additional expense for peace of mind and safety. Got Kmart to price match with tyres online with a free rotation every 6 months. You can also get these in run flat if your car's wheels are suitable.

CarMercedes Benz C Class sedan

Great tyres

These are excellent tyres, very good value for money! I purchased these tyres to replace some cheap tyres and I can really feel the difference. They are excellent italian tyres, they stick to the road. After several months of use with the right care they have worm very little. I can feel my car gripping the road, especially in the wet. I expect to get many more years of use out of these tyres and would highly recommend to everyone. I drive in all conditions, city/country and these are suitable to most lifestyles

Carmitsubishi lancer

good daily tire

great tire for the daily commute factoring in good compromise between sportiness, handling and safety. Tire is reasonably quiet and has good grip in the dry but begins to struggle in the wet. Braking distances are good and cornering is strong. Tread wear is so far so good with over 10000kms on them.

Car2010 Volkswagen Golf Gti

Good tyres affordable price

Durable tyres which I have been using for years for my BMW 520D. It is quite affordable at $146.36 for each tyre. I would also recommend you order these tyres through tyroola as they have quite competitive prices. They are durable and are great in wet weather, and are reliable.

CarBMW 520D

Good tyre, but will cost you a fortune

Good tyres, very smooth drive after we changed our tyres. But it costs a fortune. Run flat feature allows you to drive even if you have a puncture which saves the hassle of having to change your tyre there and then. Does help to shop around though as price of these tyres ranges from one store to another.

CarBMW X3

Big improvement

Upgraded my 15inch rims to 16inch an put these tyres on them. from the moment I started driving down the road and turned a corner I felt an immediate inprovement in responsiveness, smoothness, handling and also little to no road noise.. Tyre performance at high speeds are fantastic and perform well.. Haven't tried wet weather yet as I juat had these installed earlier today.. But having used these tyres in the past in a different vehicle, they were amazing tyres.. Personally they are the best bang for buck..
You won't regret purchasing these tyres.

Car2002 Nissan pulsar n16 hatchback