Pirelli Cinturato P7

Pirelli Cinturato P7

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Pirelli? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.5
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Andrew
AndrewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Tyres

Purchased set of 4 Tyres (225x45x17) Pirelli Cinturato P7 AO 91Y from MyCar Tyre & Auto on black Friday for incredible price of $356. This tyres is Made in Japan! Previous tyres on my car is Pirelli Dragon. This tyres is much more quiet and fell like you car is glue down to the road. My car is VW Golf MK7. Recommended

Purchased in December 2020 at Mycar (Kmart Tyre & Auto Service) for $356.00.

Andrew WWeston Creek 2611, ACT

Great tyre

I had Dunlop SP 200s on my Toyota Corolla and they were dangerous on wet roads. The Pirelli's are softer and handle so much better when cornering on wet roads - particularly polished road surfaces.
I will certainly buy Pirellis again.

Purchased in August 2020 at JAX Tyres.

Other Passenger Tyres

Not bad but average mileage

OEM Tyre 235/40/19 on Skoda Superb 206TSI. After 36,000km they are done after wearing on edges. This is about 10k less than I expected. Fairly quiet and comfortable and performance is ok in both wet and dry. Fairly pricey to replace at $350 each and there are better alternatives for the money. Deep rim guard though which has helped prevent wheel rash. 6/10

Purchased in December 2017.

Out of Round Tyre - Manufacturing Defect

Purchased 4 tyres for my Audi TT Quattro - After 13000 km one rear tyre was causing vibrations - had the tyre rebalanced at the retailer but was too far out of round due to manufacturing fault. Reported to Pirelli but they made it clear that after 13000 km I was on my own. Pirelli don't stand by their product - 13000km from a tyre on an Audi TT is pathetic. Going back to Michelin - shouldn't have changed. This sort of problem doesn't occur very often - but if your unlucky and have bought Pirelli's then your on your own.

Purchased in November 2017 for $275.00.

RickO
RickOMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Grip to Wear balance - 245/40 R18 97Y

Purchased in July 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $1,100.00.

Johnno
JohnnoSydney Surrounds, NSW

On my third pair

I've either had Pirellis or Continentals on my Mercedes V8. These are great tyre for the front, grippy in the wet or dry and reasonably long lasting. Just travelled from sydney to Brisbane and back, they're comfortable and quiet too.

Purchased in February 2019.

John
John

Great handling premium price.

Replaced the trusted Bridge stone REO3 after 3 years. Road holding is a bit more better and feels a little more quieter. There is also a little difference in price so it was a reasonable.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bobjane Tmart for $360.00.

Carol White
Carol WhiteAU

Brilliant Tyres.

Purchased 4 Pirelli Cinturato late last year, and find them to be the best tyres for a passenger car I have ever had. Grip in the wet is outstanding and ride comfort excellent. Thoroughly recommend to everyone. Handling also Excellent on a big car. I drive a BF2 Fairlane Ghia, best tyres ever.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $1,100.00.

George D
George DAdelaide

I bought four of these

I bought four of these and have found them to have low road noise . They are also good grip on dry road. I have had a chance to test them in the wet yet

Purchased in January 2019 for $620.00.

Colin WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quietness my priority

I went from 16 in with Pirelli P1s to 18 in with P7s (07 Honda Accord Euro). Didn't think any tyre could be as quiet as the P1s but the P7s are. I really don't think there's much/any difference in performance (dry, wet, braking, cornering) in the top brands; they are all too long in the business to be anything but good. So for me the issue is noise ('road' or 'cabin' noise). I'll willingly sacrifice a few 1000 km (if necessary) for a quiet ride. The P7s look and feel good and sound ... well, they don't (almost don't) sound (though I recognise that tyre noise is relative and subjective - not definitive - and varies with road surfaces). I love 'em for my idea of quietness - as well as everything else.

Purchased in February 2019 at JAX Tyres.

Noise Level
Smiley
Smiley

Fantastic tire - would get again

Done approx 23,000 kms on the Pirelli P7 Cinturato. They are quiet, but have good overall performance. They seem to be quite durable and long wearing, and even after this many kms, seem to be in good shape. In terms different makes and models I've had in the past, I have been most happiest with these.

CarAlfa Guilietta 2015
Rob
RobIndooroopilly

Terrible noise from the Run Flat

Car2017 BMW X3 2.0d
Matt
MattAU

Excellent tyre

Excellent touring tyre, car tends to roll more after the accelerator is taken off. Full economy is the same as my previous Pirelli P Zero's The Cinturato P7's tend to be more durable and longer wearing. Handling is excellent and wet weather performance is also great. I got wider tyres this time as my car has a lot of torque and was breaking traction a lot.

CarBMW 1 series 123d
mcalexy2k
mcalexy2kSydney, NSW

Run Flat.. it works

CarBMW 125 E88

Adrienne M
Adrienne MSydney

What a joke!

Recently bought a new car 7 months ago. A small puncture could be repaired effortless. Then I had the rotten luck of driving near a construction site and sizeable piece of glass got wedged in one tyre. Whilst drive flats imply you can drive for 80 kms, I had no confidence undoing so. Finally got it towed on a Saturday only to be able to pick it up on a Tuesday afternoon with a completely new tyre for $500. I hardly think drive flats are worth this. Not happy, not impressed with the next car will not buy drive flats.

Car2017 Mercedes Benz

Asehgalasked

I am a newbie to this and seek suggestions to run-flat tyres, if you can advice on them.

I have to buy new run-flat tires for my Lexus IS 300 (225/45/17). The tires that came fitted on the car were Bridgestone ER033 (Costco selling at $190) and they crashed out at under 30k kms. My searching around has given me options to look at Michelin PS4 (expensive $260/- in the list), Pirelli P 7 (less expensive). My drive is mostly within city. I am not savvy with these things so asking for. Any suggestions will help me.

Andrew W

Hi Asehgal. I am not qualified to answer your question. I bought the Pirellis because of their wet weather handling. They are softer and handle very well on wet roads but the have a shorter life-span compared to other tyres. To me handling is more important than life-span - Tyres are your life as they connect the car to the road surface.

Asehgal

Thanks Andrew. I agree with the safety issue. Roughly how much mileage you got and were they noisy after 50% wear/tear as some reviews claim to be?

Will C.
Will C.asked

Where are the pirelli cinturato p7 tyres in
Which country?

Australia

Ianasked

What tire pressure for 235x45x18 p7 please?

Rab
Rab

The pressure is specific to a vehicle. So if you look on the driver door (where the door shuts) there should be a chart that tells you what pressure on which tyre

Not what im hearing from 3 diff tire companies but thanks any way from 36 to38

mastoi
mastoi

generally higher PSI means better wear and handling, also fuel consumption, but too high can result in a blowout.

See all Pirelli Cinturato P7 questions