Michelin Primacy 4

Michelin Primacy 4

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brilliant Tyre

Purchased a set of 195r15 for my son's Ford Focus in May 2019.
Absolutely brilliant tyre in the dry and wet, as well as quiet and softer ride.
It will be interesting to see how they go on wear, but even average will be ok considering how they handle.

Purchased in May 2019.

Tyre Mileage 2,000 km
Car ModelFord Focus LT
Durability

Bigmac

Bigmac

Excellent tyres for 2014 Mk7 golf Comfortline

My Golf's original Continental ContiPremiumContact5 tyres were nearing the wear indicators at 85,000ks so it was time for new tyres. This time I went for the same size (205/55R/16) but the Michelins Primacy 4 ST instead. It's very early days but I am impressed with how quiet the tyres are, and how comfortable. The steering feel is also improved over the continentals. All up I'm very happy with them. (Having said all this it might be unfair to compare old worn out tyres to brand new ones, but I do feel the car drives better than it ever has). It's too early to say about durability but I've been driving for 45 years and have never got less than 60,000 on any set of tyres on any car. No smokin' donuts for me...

Purchased in July 2019 at JAX Tyres.

Tyre Mileage 2,000 km
Car ModelVolkswagen Golf 7 (Hatchback) 90TSI Comfortline
Tyre Pressure Used30 PSI
vakushka

vakushkaIllawarra, NSW

so far so good!

been a fan since the pilot sport days and decided to use these for my daily, so far excellent in wet weather conditons, great grip overall and very quiet on all sealed road surfaces - too early to comment on durability will check back in when they need to be replaced.

Purchased in May 2019.

ValmorphSydney

Long story short - excellent tyres. Really quiet, handle great (under steer banished), good traction on the wet roads.

Purchased in October 2018 at JAX Tyres.

Tyre Mileage 4,000 km
Car ModelHyundai i30 FD
Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI

bzerk86

bzerk86Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Another quality product form Michelin

Early days with these fitted, however we immediately noticed how much quieter the ride was. I consider Michelin to be a premium tyre brand, had many sets on our vehicles and never had any sort of manufacturing faults/failures. Given the premium name, I was pleasantly surprised to not be paying the premium price. The experience with Michelin tyres has been very consistent and I believe this goes a long way towards feeling safe and confident behind the wheel. It has only been a few months and I will update this post if anything out of the ordinary occurs.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Car ModelRenault Mégane
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI

Alex1

Alex1Phillip 2606, ACT

Best tyre I have used

Purchased in February 2019 for $290.00.

Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI

Miki

MikiMid West, WA

What a difference coming from Primacy LC

Purchased in February 2019 for $179.00.

Tyre Mileage 450 km
Car ModelNissan Maxima J32
Durability

thislo

thisloPerth, WA

Transformed the ride

My old tyres were a top brand and recommended for my ancient 1995 Lexus LS400. They had plenty of tread but were 10 years old so I changed them recently for safety reasons. I have been astounded by the improvement in ride. The Michelins have restored the cars limo ride so it feels like new - also reduced noise markedly. Never felt such a difference in tyres before (and I have replaced tyres on several other cars recently). They grip significantly better in the wet and marginally better in the dry. Handling is similar but the new tyres feel 'squishier' when turning - not bad, just different. Maybe some of the change is due to hardening of rubber on old tyres, but it is still remarkable.

Car1995 Lexus LS400
Joe

JoeSydney

Good tyres in both wet and dry, no issues

Recently I replaced the front two tyres on my 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer, after a few weeks now, am happy with the tyres, they have good grip in both wet and dry conditions, and there are no issues with the tyre (e.g. no strange tyre noise, noise levels are fine, no negative impact on steering - neither too heavy or too light). I recommend these tyres.

CarMitsubishi Lancer
Communer

CommunerQueensland

A Superb Tyre

Handles comfortably in wet or dry conditions. They are quieter than my old tyres. I bought them at Costco, so they are allegedly filled with nitrogen. I don't know if that is a factor. I don't understand the logic behind nitrogen as our air is almost 80% nitrogen anyhow. As yet I cannot write about their durability.

CarHyundai i30 wagon

Quickpig

QuickpigSoldiers Point

Quietly Happy 2

Purchased in August 2018.

Michael W.

Michael W.asked

Is the Primacy 4 a good choice for my 2007 Camry Grande? My Dunlop Sport tyres have gone beyond 10 years old.

Hi Michael
I can only speak about how good they have been on my sons Ford Focus
His tyres (Sumitomo) were around 5-6 years old and although they had plenty of tread where absolutely useless in the wet. The difference was amazing.

As your Camry is front wheel drive as well, it's (like the Focus) tyres work that much harder up front - being steering and driven wheels. So I figure it should go ok for you. Remember though its a trade off between good traction characteristics and long wear - ie I would suspect that life will be a little shorter due to a softer compound on the P4's. Cannot comment too much as I've only had these tyres for 4-5 months.

One final comment - 10 years is a long time for tyres. Definitely get some new ones asap

Regards

Mike Regan

Mike Reganasked

Have a Jaguar XL 2.2 Portfolio have fitted primacy 4 18" what should the psi reading be for standard road use?

Kurran M.asked

Which is better Primacy 4 or Primacy 3? Price difference between them is small but it's strange as the Primacy 3 tyres are more expensive than the Primacy 4 making me think is Primacy 3 better overall?

Valmorph

Both are great tyres so I reckon you'll be happy with either.

It's still too early to judge the 4s wear durability but after 10000kms they still have heaps left.

Grab whatever one is in stock or cheaper.

Longdrop
Longdrop

The 4 is a later model. I doubt Michelin made them worse. I have them on my Peugeot and am completely happy. I'll buy the 5's when these wear out!

Kurran M.

So I had the 3s on for a while as they didnt havr 4s in stock. But now I got the 4 on. So far can't tell much difference. Either way the improvement on grip and pick up and braking is amazing!!!

Get an answer from our members and Michelin representatives

CategoryPassenger Tyres