Michelin Primacy 4

Michelin Primacy 4

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

so far so good!

been a fan since the pilot sport days and decided to use these for my daily, so far excellent in wet weather conditons, great grip overall and very quiet on all sealed road surfaces - too early to comment on durability will check back in when they need to be replaced.

Purchased in May 2019.

Dry Weather Handling

Long story short - excellent tyres. Really quiet, handle great (under steer banished), good traction on the wet roads.

Long story - I originally set out to get Primacy 3 ST in Oct 2018 for my i30 diesel, when Jax said they had been replaced with these and they didn't have any 3's left in my size. So I said to go ahead and 4 tyres later here we are.

Well these are great tyres, grippy and very quiet. I'm unable to go back in time to take decibel readings but the ear test is noticeably quieter and a couple of stereo volume bar levels down. It's a funny thing background road noise, you feel less tired after a long drive in a quieter car.

Its too early to comment in tyre life but other Michelins have lasted very well, so I don't see any reason these will be any different.

My only unusual observation was that my fuel consumption was up by about 15% during the first 1000kms. It has since dropped back to normal. Perhaps the tyres needed to 'bed in', perhaps it was entirely unrelated. Interested if anyone else notices similar behaviour.

Eitherway a nice upgrade having quiet and nice handling tyres again.

Highly recommended road tyres

Purchased in October 2018 at JAX Tyres.

Tyre Mileage 4,000 km
Car ModelHyundai i30 FD
Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI

Another quality product form Michelin

Early days with these fitted, however we immediately noticed how much quieter the ride was. I consider Michelin to be a premium tyre brand, had many sets on our vehicles and never had any sort of manufacturing faults/failures. Given the premium name, I was pleasantly surprised to not be paying the premium price. The experience with Michelin tyres has been very consistent and I believe this goes a long way towards feeling safe and confident behind the wheel. It has only been a few months and I will update this post if anything out of the ordinary occurs.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Car ModelRenault Mégane
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI

Best tyre I have used

I have a Peugeot 407 v6 diesel coupe and was running 235/40 R18 Pilot Sport 3 Michelins. I was not happy with the wear rate (of around 25000km,), especially on the front, this is a big heavy front wheel drive car. I sought advice from Jeremy at TyrePlus Phillip in the ACT, saying I was thinking of going back to Continental Contisport in the original profile as that is what Peugeot recommended. He said I should try these new Michelin Primacy 4 and fitted two in 245/45 R18. This is the best tyre I have ever driven. It is fabulously quiet, smooths the suspension remarkably and points at least as well as the Pilot Sport 3. I can't judge wear rates yet but they should wear better according to Michelin. I had a wheel alignment done at the same time but it was not far out and the tyre rolling diameter is 1.5cm larger so these clearly contributed to the performance. In a quick highway trip to Sydney this weekend it is clear the fuel economy was improved perhaps by the tyre and perhaps by the larger diameter too. I am very happy so far and can't wait to get two more for the back! I should add that the clearance at the front bumper has also improved.

Purchased in February 2019 for $290.00.

Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI

What a difference coming from Primacy LC

I've always had Primacy LC's fitted onto my 2011 Nissan Maxima and when the local dealer couldn't get any, he recommended the Primacy 4. I hate change but in this case, I thought they are Michelins, still Primacy's, how different can they be?

What a shock when I got all 4 changed. The roads are now dead quiet, I stop about five metres earlier than I did with the LC's, my music even sounds better. I can't really tell if fuel economy has improved yet, maybe marginally. A reviewer said he feels as if the tyres are 'squishier' and I have felt the same. It's not a negative but it feels different. I still go around corners quick, actually better than the LC's.

If you're after a comfortable, quiet ride, I don't think you'd go wrong with the Primacy 4.

Purchased in February 2019 for $179.00.

Tyre Mileage 450 km
Car ModelNissan Maxima J32
Durability

Transformed the ride

My old tyres were a top brand and recommended for my ancient 1995 Lexus LS400. They had plenty of tread but were 10 years old so I changed them recently for safety reasons. I have been astounded by the improvement in ride. The Michelins have restored the cars limo ride so it feels like new - also reduced noise markedly. Never felt such a difference in tyres before (and I have replaced tyres on several other cars recently). They grip significantly better in the wet and marginally better in the dry. Handling is similar but the new tyres feel 'squishier' when turning - not bad, just different. Maybe some of the change is due to hardening of rubber on old tyres, but it is still remarkable.

Car1995 Lexus LS400

Good tyres in both wet and dry, no issues

Recently I replaced the front two tyres on my 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer, after a few weeks now, am happy with the tyres, they have good grip in both wet and dry conditions, and there are no issues with the tyre (e.g. no strange tyre noise, noise levels are fine, no negative impact on steering - neither too heavy or too light). I recommend these tyres.

CarMitsubishi Lancer

A Superb Tyre

Handles comfortably in wet or dry conditions. They are quieter than my old tyres. I bought them at Costco, so they are allegedly filled with nitrogen. I don't know if that is a factor. I don't understand the logic behind nitrogen as our air is almost 80% nitrogen anyhow. As yet I cannot write about their durability.

CarHyundai i30 wagon

Quietly Happy 2

Recently fitted these tyres on the front of our 2011 Mondeo wagon and moved the Primacy 3's to the back. They replace two Kumho's which lasted 30,000 kms. The new Primacy 4's appear to be very similar to the 3's. I can't tell the difference. They are very quiet and provide a confident and comfy ride. They appear to grip adequately in both wet and dry conditions.
This is an update on how both the Primacy 3's and 4's are wearing
Primacy 3 new 8mm, 10,000 kms 7mm (front) 20,000 kms 5mm currently on rear of vehicle.
Primacy 4 new 8mm, 10,000 kms 6mm on front of vehicle since new.
I will continue to update this review as all the tyres wear.

Purchased in August 2018.

Which is the best tyre for the Octavia mk3vrs is it the michelin primacy4 or the michelin pilot sport?
It depends what you mean for "best". The Pilot Sport would be the best for performance and handling, but the disadvantage is it is noisier than Primacy 4.

I have Hankook Optimo k415 on Genesis sedan 2013, a need more quite ride less road noise on high speed,should i replace them to Primacy 4 or i will get the same quite result??
I don't know specifically for your car or those hankooks, however on my i30 which had khumos on it that had become noisy. Noisy enough that I changed a wheel bearing which it turned out didn't need changing as it was the tyres making noise... The primacy 4s are fantastic tyres, handle well and super quiet. They are the sort of good tyres, that after the intitial wow what a difference phase you don't notice them because they are working well as they should be. The primacy 4s are just really nice road tyres, turn well, stop well, quiet. I put another 2 primacy 4 tyres on my lexus ls430 and they are nice on it as well. I know its a painful decision choosing tyres as you make more or less a blind choice and cross your fingers as you get stuck with them for the next x kms. I reckon given the nature of a Genesis that you will find them a great tyre choice.How quiet can it be at 110km/h?

For a compact car, mainly used 65% in town driving, 35% on highways with speeds not exceeding 140kph, primary objective being silent ride, and good ride comfort with good wet braking, should I choose the Primacy 4 or the XM2?
I don't know about the XM but the Primacy 4's should fit that billMichelin makes tyres that balances between comfort, tread life, and grip. XM would be a good tyre. However, if you have a performance car, Primacy 4, or even Pilot Sport 4 would compliment the tyre performance the Car is needed. Michelin tyres line-up from good to best: XM>Primacy 4>Pilot Sport 4>Pilot Sport 4SCan somebody shred some knowledge on the life of Primacy 4's as I got to change my old Primacy LC on my Camry which has given me twice 60K life out of it. Thanks.