Michelin Primacy 4

Michelin Primacy 4

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Michelin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Simon
SimonChristchurch, NZ

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Purchased in October 2020.

Bill
BillMelbourne

Excellent all round tyre

One of the best tyres for family cars. Comfortable, quiet and quite long lasting. Im onto my 3rd set after using Pirelli p7 and contis and i find these are good all round. They dont have the grip of the pilots but last longer. Note the tyre is Chinese made. Update with 10,000 KMs the tyres are still good. Has used about 15% of tread on city and country driving so should expect 60k +. Sidewalls are a bit soft and prone to curb damage, grip is very good in wet and dry. Have just put on a rear set to replace some Conti's. So much quieter and compliant.

Purchased in November 2019.

Tom
TomPerth, WA

Excellent Grip, Huge Noise Reduction Very Impressed

Bought a new Hyundai Kona EV with noisy Nexen tyres. I read that the Michelin Primacy 4 tyres are a big improvement and am happy to report that I agree. We removed the Nexen tyres and replaced them. The Primacy 4 offers a huge improvement in grip and noise reduction. It does not appear to have effected EV energy efficiency too much although it has been hard to quantify. The benefits seem to far outweigh any minor increase in rolling resistance.

Purchased in June 2020 at Tyresales.com.au for $138.00.

Kang
KangSydney, NSW

Good tyre satisfy so far but will try other its rivals products

had it for last 1 year, on my peugeot 308 , it is a tyre with good combination of handling+ comfortable
no complaint so far , will try other brand next time to make a comparison. little bit expensive i bought $175 per tyre on 205/55/R16

Purchased in June 2019 for $175.00.

ViperWellington New Zealand

Well worth the replacement

Purchased in April 2020.

Mick
MickSydney, NSW

Quiet, excellent performance, great ride comfort...

In February I had the 225/55/17" Michelin Primacy 4s put on the front wheels of my 2014 Citroen C5 to replace the Primacy 3STs (which are still in place at the rear - they refuse to wear out).
Both models (and the Primacy HP I had before) offer excellent road holding wet or dry, are quiet and give superb ride comfort. The previous models lasted very long as well, which made them very good value - fingers crossed.
Obviously very premium tyres at a reasonable price.
One more thing: our market gets the stronger version (101W XL ST rating, which means they are stronger and quieter), so so they are likely to survive the abundant Sydney potholes, just like the 3STs did, without a flat.

Purchased in February 2020 at JAX Tyres for $458.00.

Hai N.
Hai N.Sydney, NSW

Very good value

I switch to this tyre from the cheap winrun R330. The steering feel much lighter and cornering feel more willing. The Primacy 4 is definitely soft tyre which makes it absorb bumps better (less clunk from my poor suspension) and also get puncture easier. I heard people give a lot of compliments to its quietness which is the reason why I bought this tyre but it is not even quieter than the Chinese Windrun R330. There is very light metalic humming noise at low speed and when turning, at high speed the comfort is just as expected. Life should be long as it looks very thick after 15000km.

Purchased in December 2019 at Tempe Tyres for $149.00.

John
John

No equal!

Had a set of Primacy from brand new on my 2015 Toyota Aurion & got around 50,000 km from them.
Changed to a different brand which did not drive as well, were noisy & only got 30,000 from them.
Changed back to Michelin Primacy 4 on the last tyre change & they are even better than the Primacy tyres that came with the vehicle from new. Currently have 25,000 Km on the second set of Michelin & by the look of them I'll get another 25,000 km easily.
Brilliant in the wet, premium grip in the dry, comfortable, quiet & economical.
Will never again bother with another brand of tyre.

Purchased in July 2019 at Tyrepower for $150.00.

Zena Therese
Zena ThereseSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great tyres

Wow what a difference these tyres are compared to other brands...it feels like I'm driving a new car.....the roads seem smoother, don't feel any bumps and it just flies over potholes without causing discomfort....so happy I paid a little more for the Michelin tyres...

Purchased in January 2020 at Costco NSW, Marsden Park.

Sudhakar
SudhakarSydney, NSW

Soft Rubber Tyre

I bought this tyre for my car (urban usage), its been 10000+ kms now and this tyre is running smooth and no wear off signs. I recommend Michelin tyres for those who want smooth ride experience.

Purchased in April 2018 at Costco for $500.00.

Robert I
Robert IDarling Downs, QLD

Excellent tyre

500km so far, they replaced worn Michelin primacy Lc. These are quieter and steer better. Due to the drought have only driven on dry bitumen. I am very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in December 2019 at Tyrepower for $222.00.

Brilliant Tyre

Purchased a set of 195r15 for my son's Ford Focus in May 2019.
Absolutely brilliant tyre in the dry and wet, as well as quiet and softer ride.
It will be interesting to see how they go on wear, but even average will be ok considering how they handle.

Purchased in May 2019.

Bigmac
Bigmac

Excellent tyres for 2014 Mk7 golf Comfortline

My Golf's original Continental ContiPremiumContact5 tyres were nearing the wear indicators at 85,000ks so it was time for new tyres. This time I went for the same size (205/55R/16) but the Michelins Primacy 4 ST instead. It's very early days but I am impressed with how quiet the tyres are, and how comfortable. The steering feel is also improved over the continentals. All up I'm very happy with them. (Having said all this it might be unfair to compare old worn out tyres to brand new ones, but I do feel the car drives better than it ever has). It's too early to say about durability but I've been driving for 45 years and have never got less than 60,000 on any set of tyres on any car. No smokin' donuts for me...

Purchased in July 2019 at JAX Tyres.

vakushka
vakushkaIllawarra, NSW

so far so good!

been a fan since the pilot sport days and decided to use these for my daily, so far excellent in wet weather conditons, great grip overall and very quiet on all sealed road surfaces - too early to comment on durability will check back in when they need to be replaced.

Purchased in May 2019.

Valmorph
ValmorphSydney

Long story short - excellent tyres. Really quiet, handle great (under steer banished), good traction on the wet roads.

Purchased in October 2018 at JAX Tyres.