Miele KFN 12823 SD

See the Best Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

rosemaree.cunningham

rosemaree.cunninghamPerth, WA

Very happy with this fridge.

We bought this fridge in Jan 2016, and have been extremely happy with it. It looks great, and the door handles are particularly effective (in the way they push the door open without any force on the door seals). For a small fridge (narrow, and not too deep) it has a lot of internal space. A split shelf enables one side to be open, so tall bottles can fit on the shelf below. The fridge is very quiet, and it maintains the temperature well. If there was anything to improve, it would be to make the guard panels on the inside door shelves a little higher; that would make tall bottles a little safer

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Constantly breaking down and too noisy.

Date PurchasedJun 2012

This is a crime

This fridge is a fraudulent example of how bad big companies can go. The fridge only has Miele logo while being produced by a backyard company. WARNING - DO NOT BUY IT! It does not cool - it breaks down every 6 months - it is worse than the cheapest fridge I ever bought!

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hchez

HchezSydney

so far a really GREAT fridge

Date PurchasedMay 2016

LindaOrmond

Low quality, terrible after service

Terry94adelaide

Overpriced and underperformed lack of service.

appliance service

appliance serviceQueensland

The views of a service guy

These are a reliable fridge made with embraco cooling systems which is considered to be the best in the industry. The cooling system is the heart of agood fridge so it's important. Embraco is a whirlpool owned company since the 1980's. The fridge could do with stronger shelves and door bins. It's got tropics grade insulation through the cabinet and doors, which is fine most of Australias humidy except in north Qld and NT. An equally as good fridge would be either a Whirlpool but at a cheaper price however the whirlpool may not have the prestige of the Miele name.
Embraco cooling system, Miele name
Shelves and door bins are old be better quality.

Perfect!

Had this fridge for a few months now and couldn't be happier.

It looks great, runs smoothly and hasn't missed a beat since I put it in it's place. Thought 340 odd liters might be a bit small for a fridge and freezer but this guy fits lots into a fairly tight space.

Never had a Miele product before but can now understand why everyone raves about German made products. Very reliable, highly recommended.
Looks great, works perfectly

cabinetlots

cabinetlots

Agonised for some time over which fridge would suit our needs given that we only had a 60cm wide opening to house the fridge. We finally settled on this Miele as, unlike other brands, did not 'stick out a mile'. The Miele looks great in the kitchen, keeps food fresher for longer than the fridge it replaced, & the freezer is very deceptive, and holds much more than you might expect. The cooling function in this fridge/freezer works a treat. If you have a 'tight' space for a fridge, take a good look at this Miele.
Keeps food fresher for longer than fridge it replaced. Freezer does a great job as does the fridge part. Looks fantastic !
Expect to pay a little more - but you do get quality - Made in Germany.

tryingtobehelpful

tryingtobehelpfulAU

Very good fridge for a small fridge spot

This is a good fridge for a tight spot, particularly if you don't have much depth to deal with. I marked it down a star as I would prefer that the vegetable crisper was a single unit, rather than two, and the wine bottle storage is next to useless if you want to get much else in the fridge. (Our old Bosch fridge had a much better device, but this went with the fridge when we gave it away.)

This is an exceptionally good price for a Miele fridge. (We do have a number of other Miele products and they seem to have reasonable longevity.)
Inexpensive for Miele, fits into a tight spot, lots of storage for bottles, jars etc in the door.
Wine storage rack, relatively small amount of storage, would prefer a single crisper.

nanookNSW, 2026

Exactly what I was after

With a narrow fridge space and my love of freezing home-made ready meals, bread, etc, I searched for a fridge that would meet my needs. I've had it for a year now and am still extremely happy with it: it was worth the investment (be sure to ask whether it's cheaper in white - for me, getting the white one saved me about $400!)
lots of freezer space, solid (good quality glass shelves and tough plastic drawers etc), more economical than buying a separate additional freezer, reliable brand
expensive; too tall for some standard sized fridge cavities

brianhartfield

brianhartfieldasked

HI,
We love our Miele Fridge/Freeszer and have several other Miele products however, a couple of days ago when I woke up and went to where the fridge is, it was beeping and the red light was flashing. Both doors were closed but it was still beeping. I turned it off for about 10 minutes and then back on and it stopped. It has also been making a louder noise whilst running than usual. Can you offer any advice please?
Cheers
Brian

Hi
I was not able to turn it back on at all. Wouldn't hurt if you ring up and ask them.
Cheers

nanook

Not sure sorry but from experience their customer service is excellent - definitely worth a call. Good luck!

Gabrielle Matters

Gabrielle Mattersasked

The fridge is beeping non stop
I have started fiddling with the temperature controls and probably got them wrong too
I notice there is verdigris on the copper pipes at the back. Is that significant? fridge is only about 9 months old

Terry94

When the miele guy came out he had to replace the thermostat in the fridge, he also did the other main controller as well since we had had so many issues.
When he opened the freezer and pulled out the plastic back behin it, it was frozen solid and it took him an hour with our hair drier to melt it all.

nanook

I'm not sure but if it's only 9 months old, you should ring Miele - their customer service is absolutely brilliant.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Download manual