Miele KM 2012 G

MPN: KM2012G

Jim GalindoSydney, NSW

Miele KM 2012 - Stains easily making cleaning a chore after every cook

Miele representativeMiele

Not the quality I would expect from miele

Quality of the knobs is sub standard, not an easy cooktop to clean. Ignitor stopped working 2 months ago and markings around dials have all but disappeared with little cleaning.
Disappointed owner

Purchased in April 2017 for $1,099.00.

Ari

Ari

Fantastic cooktop!

I got this installed a couple days ago and haven’t found any problems. I am surprised by the negative reviews.
The big burner is great for cooking pasta on full flame, otherwise I generally will use it at half to low heat.
The flame ignites very quickly on all the burners.
Overall, so far I am very happy

Purchased in November 2020 at e&s for $1,099.00.

Gas Cooktops

Find out how Miele KM 2012 G compares to other Gas Cooktops

Jason

JasonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not worth the money we paid for Miele Quality - deteriorated from their previous prestigious brand name.

Purchased in June 2012 for $1,200.00.

RetailTherapy

RetailTherapyPerth, WA

Not worth the price

Very difficult to clean. It is 7 years old and the black writing around the knobs is disappearing. The wok burner is too powerful, you have to be careful when you turn it on. I have an old Fisher & Paykel in my holiday house and it is a dream to wipe down. Not impressed with their oven either and it only came with one rack and a tray. Cost approx. $100 for another rack. The cavity is small and I often burn myself getting food out of it. As a serviceman told me many years ago "buy top of the range on a cheaper brand than bottom of the range on an expensive brand". Unfortunately the Miele cooktop and oven came with the house when we bought it.

Not cheap and not good

The big burner is not designed well because the igniter is far away from the centre. Every time I ignite it I can smell a strong smell of gas and sometimes very hard to ignite successfully(Should try many times). However, service staff claimed that is not product failure or setting error, means I pay $200 but slove nothing.
It also not powerful enough.Although the official website indicated that the big burner is 4kw, it performs like 3.5W.
The black stain mentioned by other people also happened in my one

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,199.00.

Max

MaxPerth

Hard to clean

After a few weeks dark stains appeared on the burners.
I went to Miele and was told to buy their special cleaner gel. It didn't work.
Had some trouble with the burners too.
Overall, very upset with this purchase. Not the quality expected from any decent manufacturer, let alone Miele.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

BrianHunter Region, NSW

Good cooktop - very efficient and reliable.

I've had a Miele KM 2012 G for 4 years and it's never missed a beat. I can't understand how people have burnt the knobs. I've never ben anywhere near doing that. The only thing I would say is that the wok burner would be better if it had some way of turning off one of the two flame rings - even on the lowest setting it's quite hot.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

error

Generic knob replacement for overpriced Meile hob knob?

2 plastic hob knobs have melted-ones on left closest to the hottest burner. Just normal use. A design flaw. But it sounds like Miele will make pay $32 for each replacement knob. Maybe more now. Is there a generic alternative?
Should be $2 tops!
Otherwise happy though a way to get scratches out would be handy.

Date PurchasedJuly 2013
Gas Cooktops

Find out how Miele KM 2012 G compares to other Gas Cooktops

Consumer #1

Consumer #1Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Burners giving trouble after 3 years

One burner is hard to light and keep lit, and the wok burner seems to be losing pressure, I've checked it's clean and without obstruction so I can rule that out. The old gas stoves used to last for years - the new ones, like this Miele KM 2012 G, not so. On the upside, trivits are quality. Would I buy again - no.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
J Terry

J TerryHobart, Tasmania

Miele Gas Hob & Extractor Fan

alecarollVIC, 3204

it is a very good gas hob compare to others in market. The finishing is flawless,a nd works safe and sound. Only the wok burnner sometimes is can be too powerful, that it heats up the metal controls next to it, and makes them a bit to hot to be touched.
It uses high quality Sabaf burners. Flame level is well controlled. Looks neat, and feels tough. safe and sound
The wok burnner sometimes makes the two left controls too hot for hand to touch on.

Granny MayScullin 2614, ACT

Plastic and hot metal...No!

Vic2000
Vic2000

Miele knobs are rubbish. Their ovens are great but not their knobs

Cailles
Cailles

Agree . We are on our 3rd set of knobs - and what a rip-off price wise. Would not buy a milele gas hob again.

John Guscott

John Guscottasked

Ants got inside the jets and now the flame max is only a fraction of the original output on two burners. How do you safely clear upstream of the burner jets.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi John, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/contact-us-3073.htm and our team can assist you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Shane.

*Note, the above contact information is for Miele Australia only. To contact New Zealand please call 0800 464 353 or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.co.nz/domestic/contact-us-3071.htm .

Peach

Peachasked

Why is my Miele KM362/1 stainless steel cooktop rusting after only 3 and a bit yrs?

Miele representativeMiele

Hi there, thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we are not able to determine the issue regarding your cooktop. If you can please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au or if you have any questions don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 464 353 (please be aware these contact methods are for Australia only). Kind regards, Anna.

Bruce

Bruceasked

I have a Miele KM2012 the R/H front gas burner ignites but wont stay on. I have replaced the temp probe & magnet in valve.Worked once then went back to not staying on.Also the knobs keep falling apart. Can someone please help?

Granny May

I have found that at certain times of the day the gas does go down due to everyone in the area cooking dinner. Gas can go out. I do not turn the gas too low. I manipulate the gas flow from the top and not using the turn to low indicator as the gas will go off. I do keep the burners clean especially the ignite tower.
Knobs! Bain of my life. I did get 1 replacement knob. Melted and broke so bought a set of metal ones. No more problems. Cheaper to!?
I love my gas hob and I keep it clean. I never use steel wool or any abrasives on it. Baking powder is the go. Swear by it for many cleaning jobs.
I noticed near the wok-ring the area had gone brown from the heat. Bit hard to wipe off so tried the BP on a damp super cloth or Enjo’s and it came off. No scratches. I put the trivets in the dish washer when greasy and have spillage on them. I also keep an old tooth brush and a brass brush for the trivets. ONLY!
Always rub with the Stainless grain, easier.
Happy New Year to all.

alecaroll

it's designed to be functioning like this. when igniting, press hold the flare for 5 seconds, so that the valve is heated up, and it would remain on afterwards.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

CategoryGas Cooktops