Miele Scout RX1 SJQL0

Miele Scout RX1 SJQL0

MPN: 10240520

Robot Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of robot vacuum cleaner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.5

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (0) · No (1)
  • System Errors Occasionally (1)
  • Ease of Programming / Scheduling
  • Battery Life

Best Tech I've had for ages

This will seriously save time and labour, also it's cool to have a robot. Used on both wood and carpet floor like a champ. If your thinking of a robot vac get this! We got it as a gift but would definitely pay for it too.

Purchased in August 2019 at Miele for A$1,300.00.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Ease of Programming / Scheduling
Product is used Daily
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
System Errors Occasionally
Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for taking to the time to leave this review Peter! Glad to hear you are enjoying the Scout RX1.

Jacklene

JacklenePerth

Doesn’t work on rugs!

Fault error every time it goes on rugs, customer service response not designed to be used on rugs and carpet although on miele website and product Manuel it says it does misleading !!!
Took it to service centre said the same thing .
Totally disappointed

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Miele Scout RX1 SJQL0 compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Not worth of the money

It is pricey ($999) but I bought it because of its brand name, and expecting it is reliable and will do a good job. Honestly, I was very disappointed. The suction is not strong; it is not clever to go into each room to clean, and it did not go back the unfinished spot and continue to finish the cleaning after recharging battery. Not worth of the money!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
qestra

qestra

OK I guess if you also have another vaccuum

I'm glad I have a second vacuum cleaner to fall back on. As automatic vacs go (I've seen other brands working in friends' houses,) It's probably better than most. If only it would get into corners properly, it does not; if only it had the same amount of suction as the Miele upright, it doe not, and if only it could learn to adjust automatically from tiles to carpet, to rugs, of course, it does not. Guess robots are just not for me.

repartocorse

repartocorse

Good little helper

I am happy with the little automated vacuum cleaner. It's quite and goes about cleaning up on it's own. I use it on the tiled section of the house as I prefer to use our regular vacuum cleaner in the carpeted section. All up I'm happy with my purchase. Quality and reliability have been great.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Pasty

PastyHobart

A great hard floor sweeper - but needs some care to keep it running well

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Sarah

SarahAdelaide

Nice and Convienient, Needs Stronger Suction

We purchased this to get us by during the week. It is a little loud and after a few uses it doesn’t seem to have as good suction anymore. I have noticed it doesn’t pick up much and I’m ending up having to use our larger vacuum after. We use the magnet strip which is really handy and means we can do smaller areas which is great.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Klara FMelbourne

Waste of $950! The wheels jam

Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Miele Scout RX1 SJQL0 compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Vacuum Sal

Vacuum Sal

Great labour saver

A little skeptical at first, however, it delivers, over and over, even if you think there is nothing to pick up guess what it knows better, as you can see from what it deposits in the 'bag' from sweeping a clean floor.

Effectiveness - tiles 100%, wood 100%, carpets 90%, corners 90%.

Quiet can watch tv as it struts its stuff.

Don't really understand the navigation logic, but hey who cares, just do it again, press button.

We are not very hot on vacuuming, this little jobbie has solved that problem.

I guess the question becomes, how did we ever do without it?

Charles_Fisher

Charles_FisherAU

Reliable thorough and persistant

We were a bit skeptical about a robot doing the cleaning (including dog hair) but how wrong we were. Once the machine learns the ropes it is faultless. The magnetic strip does not seem that effective in restricting Scout so we just close doors/place an obstacle to restrict its movements. Occasionally we leave a door open and Scout manages to sneak into those rooms as well. We are amazed just what is picked up every day from what looks like a clean surface. Most of the surfaces are wood with a couple of carpeted rooms. We purchased a few Meile products over the last 12 months and we are very satisfied with their products.

The love affair started well ...

I loved this rolling machine for the first month. But now it is so noisy I hesitate to get it started. It must be one of the wheels not tracking properly but all the checking up we've done doesn't seem to support this theory. It's so noisy that I can't use it with the radio or TV on. I keep trying to sort out the problem because it did such a good job when I first got it.

Tara

TaraCanberra

Just love him

He cleans so well, we are amazed at what he picks up each day. He knows his way around the house, he does not knock anything over, he can be programmed to start up each day if you want, we have some stairs, and he stops there and turns around, so no falling down, he is amazing, goes from our tiles, to wooden floors, to carpet, no problems, as with all Miele products, simply the best.

Christa M.asked

Why the robot get straight back to base

Joanna G.

Joanna G.asked

Hello! We just bought Scout RX1. First 2 days it went all over the apartment. But then it started to clean half of the living room then proceeding to other rooms leaving the other half of the room uncleaned. How can we fix this?

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Joanna, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or if you believe your machine needs to be looked at by a Miele technician please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au . Kind regards, Joel.

*Note, the above contact information is for Miele Australia only. To contact New Zealand please call 0800 464 353. For all other countries contact information, please contact your local Miele representative.

Dan L.

Dan L.asked

My Miele RX 1 just turns on moves .25 M and then circles with the message “base” on top. Anyone experience the same? It’s new.

Susan D.
Susan D.

Mine is doing the same thing

The same here

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives