Miele W1

Miele W1

WCE330, WCE670, WCI670, WDD030, WKH132 WPS and 7 more

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

worth it

There was a small leak but found out it was just the hose. Asked for a new one and they sent it out straight away without question. So really appreciate the customer service provided. Machine is solid and not noisy and although priced a little higher than it's competitors, it's worth

Purchased in March 2018.

Noise Level

White mouldy stains upon unboxing

This machine was delivered today to replace an ASKO and upon unboxing i noted white spots all around the rubber on the door and water marks. The Joyce Mayne floor manager says as per Miele this is NORMAL and that white marks are calcium deposits that ALL Miele machines have from being factory tested. I would like to know if other people have had similar experience or are we being blatantly lied to? We live in hot humid climate which means this could be persistent issue.
I have had ASKO, Fisher & Paykel etc washing machines in past and have never once noted this issue.
The spin cycle leaves the wash load dripping wet which apparently is due to incorrect installation and being fixed.
Not impressed thus far on Day 1.

Purchased in August 2019 at Joyce Mayne Physical store.

Noise Level
Hi Sunny, thank you for your question and apologies for any inconvenience caused. All Miele washing machines undergo a complete functional test in the factories and you may seem some residual water in the drum from this process drying out to form those spots. This is due to the water hardness in Germany which has a high content of calcium and magnesium. Regarding the spinning cycle, I'd recommend contacting Miele on 1300 464 353, as they can assist you further. Kind regards, Anna.

Over rated over-complicated and disappointing

I had a Bosch front loader for many years that served me well but was getting a bit small for our family. When we moved states, we decided to splash out on a Miele washer/dryer combo. What a disappointment. This is a review for the washer but the dryer is equally disappointing - Blankets and sheets will come out tied up in a tight ball. On the washer:

Firstly, Twin Dos is a complete waste of time. Modern enzymatic detergents like Bio Zet are far superior. Twin dos does not get clothes very clean, and if you use it on the machine's default temperature settings will completely release colours in a mixed load, making any patch of white (for example the waist band around your undies, or white stripes in a dark top) come out pink or grey-blue.

And don't dare even thinking about committing the cardinal sin of washing whites and coloureds together. While this never gave us a problem using the Bosch washer on a 40C setting using Bio Zet, it is most certaily VERBOTEN! using a Miele with Twin Dos.

The machine is very annoying if you elect not to use the Twin Dos detergent and demands that you run Twin Dos every few cycles or do "maintenance". It is a very demanding machine - for example, when a load is finished, it beeps incessantly until you come and press "stop".

I also feel like I have paid for a heap of features I'll never use, like wifi connect -what's the point? I have to physically load and unload the thing, so being able to operate it via wifi is a complete gimick. And seriously, how often are you going to use the waterproofing function?

Finally, the shortest cycle is 1 hour 47 mins. Which is far too long. The old Bosch used to do a perfectly good wash in 57 mins.

I'd prefer a machine that was simple, not demanding, and just did a decent job of washing without destroying my colours.

On the plus side, it is very quiet.

I think I'll just be selling it and the dryer and buy Bosch or Siemens (which would have been half the price).

Purchased in February 2019 at Miele.

Dryer TypeMiele T1
Hi AP, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, AnnaHi Anna, thanks for your concern, however I am not experiencing a warranty issue - I am just disappointed with the performance and design of the machine and with the Twin Dos detergent system. I am used to having a machine that was far simpler to use, produced a quality wash result (without adhering to strict rules) and didn't constantly make demands for maintenance and attention.

Unbelieveable! the best washing machine we have ever had

We were hesitant to spend a lot of money on a Miele washing machine, but now after 5 years we have no regrets!
This washing machine has been outstanding, we have not had any issues.

The Sales people at Miele are very knowledgeable and helpful, this is our first Miele purchase and we would recommend Miele to anyone.
Our washing machine as the automatic dos system (Washing detergent) and 12 months ago i was playing with the settings (not know what i was doing) and i accidentally turned the dos system off.
After 12 months i thought that it was strange that we were not using any detergent so i investigated and realized that i turned it off.
Int he 12 months when we were not using any washing detergent we did not realize as our clothes came out clean and smelling fresh - That is a credit to the quality of Miele, we washed our clothes for 12 months with no detergent and there was no issues everything came out clean and smelling fresh.

The wash times are not too long and the machine is very quiet, it sits in our European laundry in our living room and we do not hear it.

If you are looking for quality then this is the brand your looking for.

There was a mix up with the delivery and we did not get our sacker kit for our dryer so it could be mounted on top of the washer, But Miele refunded our deposit and gave us some products for our inconvenience.

Miele's customer service is outstanding, as a first time Miele customer they took the time to make us feel welcome and explained the complete range and the benefits of each model, you do not get customer service like this anymore

Purchased in July 2015 at Miele for $3,749.00.

Dryer TypeMiele TKG450 WP
Thank you Andrew for taking the time to leave this review!

Exceptional Washing amachine

Having a family of 4, which includes 2 children under 6, you know any machine will get truly tested when it comes to food and dirt stains.

I did a lot of research, including referencing choice for their summation of reviews. I have to say that this machine is as hoped!

I have never owned a Miele before, and my experience is in comparison to my Bosch machine prior.

Clothes never have come out so clean, towels in hot water temperature come out so fresh - I also have the Miele dryer to finish the job here as well!.

The multitude of settings are ample for all household needs, the delicate cycle is delicate, but cleans thoroughly.

Patience is needed for the cycles, yet no doubt there is a reason why they take their time when you get perfection. Also the machine is really quite.

The honeycomb drum is gentle and seems to deliver on its promises.

I invested a lot of money in buying this with the dryer and I have to say I don’t have any regrets so far.

Have to say it is one of my favourite purchases.

BTW - this my first review ever, so you can tell I love this machine

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Noise Level
Thank you Gregg for taking the time to leave this review!

Great Brand, a few small changes needed.

The Miele W1 WCI670 has a great brand reputation, however I feel the washing machine itself has a few small improvements which would make it a great brand and excellent machine. A family of 4 very active people, we have a large amount of clothes that need to go through the machine. The express cycle, has 2 options 20mins or30mins which is great for a quick wash. However 20mins, just does not give a good overall wash and the clothes appear dull. The 30mins I feel is just that little bit better in the clothes being cleaner but I feel it should be maybe 15mins longer. It has a large barrel which is great but this can also lead to overfilling. I do however like the delicate cycle, great as you can pick the spin speed. You can also program the temperature, however once again the cycle times seem a little off too long. I also found to clean the machine a little difficult, the seal in the opening where the door closes has a trap which collects water and overtime mould. Overall I was pretty satisfied with the Miele, I was expecting a little more due to the brand rep.

Purchased in December 2018.

Dryer TypeMiele T 230 C
Thank you Ange for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate your feedback and will pass your feedback on to our Product Team. Kind regards, Anna.

Great Washing Machine

Washing for me and my roommate has never been easier. My work and rugby clothes, his tradie vests and heavy duty pants, nothing is too much for this washing machine. I'm extremely satisfied with the multitude of settings the machine has to offer. The ability to make each wash unique in terms of cycle, time, water temperature is why I love this machine so much. My muddy and white rugby shorts have never been easier to clean!

Purchased in June 2019 for $350.00.

Noise Level
Thank you Tiaan for taking the time to leave this review!

One of the best washing machines out there

I love all the different settings and functions on this machine, clothes have stayed in good quality and it doesn't use an excessive amount of water either so you don't have to worry as much about huge water bills.

Thank you Kailen for taking the time to leave this review!

Perfect in soo many ways

Love how cloths comes soo clean and doesn’t need lots of time to dry
I’ve been using the express wash allot spicealy for school uniforms when need to be quick wash before the evening it takes only 20 min :)
It’s amazing and soo easy to use plus soo happy with how easy to clean the selcone inside
Doesn’t need match work :)

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level
Thank you Aula for taking the time to leave this review!

great time saving wash

washes clean and untangled,alll different cycles the wooden cycle A1,the 20 minute cycle is also great and time saving,,,love the 90 hot wash for sheets and towels, and the controls are easy to see

Purchased in February 2018 for $1,100.00.

Noise Level
Thank you Lindy for taking the time to leave this review!

Miele: there is no better

Miele goes and goes. The quality overall is solid. Their slogan (there is no better) is definately true for their washing machines. The W1 is the second machine we got, and is a definate upgrade on getting cleaner cloths and quietness. Their drum design seems well advanced. Our first Miele lasted 15 years without any problems. The W1 already got us 9 years of pleasure without any hick ups. Good points are: solid build with quality components, easy to programme, frugal on water, quite. Not so good are: hard to stop a wash cycle for a forgotten sock, pricey.

Excellent washing machine

Washing for a family of three including school uniforms, quilt covers, sheets, towels, denim and synthetic fabrics. Fabulous results and no musty smell. Range of washing cycles and options to cover all household washable items. Great capacity and can be adapted for heavily soiled items such as sports uniforms.

Purchased in March 2018 at Miele for $2,200.00.

Dryer TypeMiele T 220
Thank you Angela for taking the time to leave this review!

Excellent, very quiet

Had a new car smell when it was delivered. You could smell the quality of this German appliance. All controls are good quality, and door hinges sturdy.

It is very quiet compared to the previous machine, and has many options and settings. The screen is touch operated, and so far it has done everything that it has said it would.

Only omission is a chime at the end of the wash cycle. Given the quality of the machine the chime is not missed at all. Particularly given delay start of the cycle is a feature, we normally set the machine to finish when convenient for us.

Clothes very clean. Everyone is happy.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review!

Perfect machine and lifetime user-friendly quality functionality and silent too

Extremely satisfactory and amazing low running cost. Absolute machine we have been using it since a while. It's does perform as new. Once invested and even next generation might use it too

Purchased in July 2015 at Harvey Norman for $2,800.00.

Dryer TypeMiele T 4453 C

Very Disappointed

I purchased this machine based on the Harvey Norman salesperson recommendation. I have had the machine 2 yrs 5 months just out of warranty. The machine has started making a squeaking sound and a clunk. Now the machine is coming up with an error code F0063. I paid approximately $1800 for this machine as I thought Miele were good, big mistake! I haven't even used the machine that often as I kept my LG front loader which I have had for over 12 years to do the smaller loads. I wouldn't recommend this machine based on our experience. When you pay this amount of money you expect the product to last longer than 2years and three months!

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,799.00.

Noise Level
Hi Lee, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.To follow up on the problem with my machine, Miele contacted me and arranged an assessment on the machine. The assessment showed worn drum bearings and cracked drum pully. As Miele guarantee their drum for 10 yrs Miele are replacing the machine free of charge and even gave a $50.00 refund for our trouble. Customer service fantastic! I would recommend as Miele have rectified the problem with no fuss.

VERY DISAPPOINTED

I bought my washing machine a week ago and it was great for the first few washes but now it has starting putting grease marks on my white sheets and a new jumper........not happy. I will ring on Monday and I am hoping it will be rectified ASAP as I have a houseful of grandies and can’t do without my machine.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Hi Glenys, I'm sorry to hear about this! If you're having any trouble getting through to someone, please email me your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and we will have someone contact you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Anna.Hi Anna, I have spoken to your service dept this morning and a serviceman is coming on Thursday. As the machine is only a week old, I am hoping to get a replacement one rather than it being fixed up, feel I have no confidence in the machine seeing this happened so early in its use. Regards, GlenysThanks for letting me know Glenys. Don't hesitate to reach out to me after the service if you have any questions/concerns. Kind regards, Anna

My favourite household item

Best machine ive ever come across.
Convenience of auto dispensing cartridges at the bottom of machine which weigh my clothes and dispense accordingly, combimed with options to select whether my load is coloured or whites, how soiled it is as wrll as adding short option, prewashing etc, and having the machone eo everything for me. Im amazed at how perfect this washer is. Clothes are washed perfectly everything, My whites are whiter, coloureds are perfect. Touch screen and easy to use, even for someone who isnt very tech savy. Silks and wollens program are so soft that even dry clean only clothes come out immaculate with no damage done. Cant express enough how great this washer is. Ive been a Miele customer for years and the service team are amazing even if out of warranty as they have a plege on many parts. Had my drum replaced for free on my last 8 yr old washer that was out of warranty as their promise is a mim 12 year life on the drum. Amazing product and amazing brand.

Purchased in November 2018 at Miele for $2,399.00.

Great product WDD030

Bought this washing machine a month ago. This is my first Miele washing machine and so far I’m very pleased with this product. It has plenty of programs with good flexibility of cycle run times. It’s very efficient and is quiet to use. The thing I notice most over my last washing machine is that the Miele is so well balanced, and does not appear to be working hard on the wash programs or spin cycles. Great quality product and I would recommend this model.

Purchased in May 2019.

Noise Level
Thank you Craig for taking the time to leave this review!

Miele No Longer A 'premium' Or Reliable Brand

Please do not send me technical questions! I have posted a review complaining about this product and am not employed by miele.

We are incensed and dismayed that we purchased this machine ($2599) believing that it was a 'premium product' and as such would last longer than 2.5 years and not cost a third of its original purchase price to fix. Miele is no longer a premium product and as they move to the 'digital transformation' of their products to quote their marketing hype be weary as this 'transformation' is fraught with major problems and expense for the consumer. I told this story to friends of ours who also own a Miele washing machine and they immediately asked if it was the electronic board - they've had to replace theirs twice! The part that needs replacing in our machine is the electronic control board which costs $498 plus labour plus the call out fee which we've already paid of $160. We will dispose of the Miele and replace it with a less 'premium' brand and my guess is we'll probably get longer than 2.5 years operation out of it.

Purchased in January 2016 at Miele Online Shop for $2,599.00.

Noise Level
Hi, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.To those of you out there thinking that Anna M. from Miele is any position to actually do much, you'll be sadly disappointed. She/the brand moderator is there to create an impression of customer support. Unless you're prepared to pay for and replace expensive inherent components of these poorly constructed machines you won't find Miele offering any support. They're continuing to clip you for failed parts that only they supply. Very cynical and opportunistic corporate culture.

BEST WASHING MACHINE EVER.

We are so happy to have purchased a good if not the best washing machine we've had so far.It's not just a washing machine based on the GOOD PRICE BUT ALSO THE QUALITY,THE PERFORMANCE...AND PEACE OF MIND. The MIELE WDD030 8KG is very energy efficient and silent and easy to operate with a two year warranty. It was recommended to us by our repairer Tony Hutt from "AT YOUR SERVICE REPAIRS" in Narre Warren in Melbourne who knows everything about this brand and we are so happy that we trusted his knowledge about MIELE.It is such a good buy and a trusted brand.
When our appliance was delivered...we received a phone call from Miele notifying us of the time of delivery.I also received a message and a tracking link specifying the journey the delivery truck was at.As it specified the 14 mins to arrive and it did.The packaging and the safe manner that it was unpacked and installed and Paul from Miele has been so helpful and he explained clearly all the functions and answered all the questions as this model is an electronic one.
We thank Miele for the high standard of service as we are aware tat we are dealing direct with the manufacturer so the after sales service is guaranteed.Thanks MIELE. Joseph.P Hampton Park ,Melbourne

Thank you Joseph for taking the time to leave this feedback!

How can I set a spin only cycle on My WKH130WPS?
Hi Kon, thank you for your question. Please refer to pages 27 of the instruction manual which you can find online here https://www.miele.com.au/professional/inactivem-user-manuals-177.htm . Kind regards, Anna.That link send me to the commercial page, don't think it applies to my machine. Also checked P27 of my manual and no relevant info there.

I am running initial program as directed after installation. How long should this cottons program run for?

I downloaded the manual and it is unclear whether I can use the cottons program and set it to cold as well as with extra rinse, and spin on 1400. Is this possible? I need extra rinse and 1400 spin and cold wash.
Hi Kp, thank you for your question. If you refer to page 76 of the user manual, you can select an extra rinse by selecting water plus option 2. You can also select cold water on 1400 rpm spin. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 464 353. Kind regards, Anna.

Miele W1 WMV960Miele W1 WKH132 WPSMiele W1 WDD030Miele W1 WCE330Miele W1 WCE670Miele W1 WCI670Miele W1 WMR861 WPSMiele W1 WKG130 TDos AUMiele W1 WKR770 WPS PWash&TDos XL AUMiele W1 WKH130 WPS PWash&TDos AUMiele W1 WKF130 PWash AUMiele W1 WKB130
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $4,599$3,099$1,799$2,199$2,199$2,699$4,099
Capacity9 kg9 kg8 kg8 kg8 kg9 kg9 kg8 kg8 kg8 kg8 kg8 kg
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people
Energy Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Drum MaterialSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyComb
Colour / Finish WhiteWhiteWhiteWhite
Dimensions 850 x 596 x 643 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 643 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm
Max Spin Speed 1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,400 rpm1,400 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm
Number of Wash Cycles151826
Weight96 kg96 kg96 kg92 kg87 kg94 kg96 kg96 kg96 kg96 kg96 kg96 kg
StackableYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual