Miele W1

Best machine ever!

I wash whites and dirty rugby jerseys in this machine. I also throw in my sketchers shoes from time to time. It has many cycle choices so if I need a quick wash or to spin water out of a hand wash it does that too. It is nice and quiet. Like any machine it does not like hooks on bras so I use a washing bag for those and through it straight in.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Thank you for your feedback!

Disappointing (after our first Miele machine died)

After our old Miele washing died after 25 years we had no hesitation to buy another. After 12 months of using the WKF130 PW 8kg washer it started to make a ‘tuktuktuktuk’ noise as the spin cycle gathered momentum so I called Miele service to come out. The first repairman was behind on his jobs that he didn’t even make to my house. The second repairman greased the three springs holding the drum (he couldn’t reach the fourth spring as it was obscured) and told me he had seen this before and more or less I’d have to live with the noise. The grease didn’t help the noise go away but made a hell of a mess inside the springs. The third repairman said the problem could be fixed but needed a second person to help him lift the drum (?). The fourth time there were two repairmen and they changed the springs indicating that this was a known problem with the ‘tuktuktuktuk’ sound of the springs hitting the drum as it spun. Well, the tuktuktuk noise has gone but what is left now is a jet engine hum when in the spinning cycle! So much for German engineering and the Miele reputation. Next time Miele will not be my only choice. Not worth the $$$$ we paid.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Don, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Miele.I have had a positive outcome from Miele. The technician came out to check on the jet engine hum and then spoke with his supervisor on the phone. It was decided that I would get a new washing machine. (The time and cost to fix it at my home was not viable). This is a known problem on this model. Subsequently this model doesn’t exist anymore. I hope my faith in Miele is restored in my new machine.

Top priced washing machine,not as quiet as our previous Miele model number0492647271 which worked no

It is noisier than accepted,specially at the spinning cycle.
The quick wash cycle is not gentle for the clothing.
Specially we bought this machine as we were so happy with the previous model ,which was bought in January 2002 .The water inlet broken down in the old machine and we decided to replace it ,instead of getting it repaired.So the new machine was purchased from David Jones.
Delivery was rescheduled by Miele due to illness of delivery staff.
Installation of the new machine and taking the old machine away attracted extra cost..

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Elisabeth, thank you for leaving your feedback and we apologise for the delivery delay of your new washing machine. We hope you enjoy your new appliance and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Kind regards, Miele.

Spectacular reliability

It was expensive but super reliable and great washing machine. Runs like a well tuned high performance vehicle. But we know that if it breaks the repair costs will be very big - just a call out is $ 200. But it has not missed a beat in 8 years

Date PurchasedNov 2011

Frustrated!

Just got our WDD30 delivered today. I have never spent so much on a machine before but decided we would try Miele because it is supposed to be top of the line - But for the first time, I now have a machine that WON'T tell me when it is finished! This means I have to keep walking to the laundry, press a button to get the display to show again to check how long is left and now have to keep track of it. Miele, seriously???? I didn't even think to ask the salesman this, surely EVERY machine has that simple function!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Gill, please accept our sincere apologies for your experience. This model does not have a buzzer to inform the user the cycle has finished. If you look at the display at the end of the cycle the time display shows 0:00. The lock symbol will remain lit up in the control panel. The door is locked in the anti-crease phase. Touch the Start/Stop sensor the door will unlock. This shows for only 10 minutes after a cycle finishes. If you get there after 10 minutes when a cycle has finished, the appliance will have gone into standby mode to save power and no display will be shown. You can turn this off by going to page 74 of the manual and under the Programmable function P22 - Control panel standby status are the steps. If you would like to speak to our team about this can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Miele.

Love it

We purchased this 3 months ago and loving it so far. It is quieter than our previous one and very happy that we went for it rather than opting for a cheaper option.

Cleaning it is very easy as well. Overall very satisfied with the Miele. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thank you for your feedback Melissa!

Whisper Quiet, So many features, Cleans Well

After my LG Direct Drive Washing machine was on its last legs (after 8 years) I was looking for a washer which would have the following features: Quiet, Have a shorter Full load cycle (shorter than 3 hrs) and have a quick wash option which didn't mean I could only load it to about 2 or 3kg. After reading lots of reviews (both good and bad) and visiting the Miele Experience Centre nearby I decided to purchase a Miele 8kg washer. It was actually a little smaller than my old one but at only 0.5kg smaller load it wasn't a big difference. What i noticed straight away was how quiet this machine is. Usually on my old one i could hear it start in early hours (time delay) and when it would spin - boy would i hear it! This machine is so quiet i could keep the laundry door open and i actually woke up at 4am thinking it didn't start because i couldn't hear it! I went out to check - well it was definitely on and so quiet i thought it hadn't started! Can do up to 5kg quick wash (power wash) in 1 hr. Has more option of Temp (Cold, 30, 40, 50, 60) and can go up to 1600rpm spin. I love the auto clean wash liquid dispenser drawer and the machine is easy to use. I love this machine and so glad i got it (i love doing laundry anyhow and this machine has made me love it more!)

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thank you Kat for your feedback!

Very easy to control

There are different mode options for the load, suitable for different types of laundry. But I generally put all kinds of clothes together, I am very satisfied with this machine, usually 20 minutes enough for daily use. Because it is very easy to control, energy-saving effect good, water-saving effect is good, wash very clean, if you follow the settings can hardly damage clothes.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great functions.

Great functions. Installed the new one and took away the old one at no extra cost. The "sanitize" function is a game changer.Does a great job. I LOVE this washer & have had no problem so far!! A large-capacity front loader with all the bells and whistles we'll ever need. Solid construction.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Thank you for your feedback Owen!

Nothing can go wrong!

From the product, to the customer service, Miele truly are an outstanding company who pride themselves on quality products paired with quality service. The machine is brilliant, I truly can tell that the clothes are washed more gently. Will continue to now buy all Miele appliances and I know I can trust them!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thank you for your feedback Sandy!

Great buy

Very happy with the machine. Dos settings are handy and very convenient. I wash a range of clothes from husbands tradie uniforms to kids wear and it is very gentle with everything. I love the 'clean machine' feature especially, which helps after a big load of outdoor items. Will recommend this machine to anyone looking for easy way to wash and convenience of delay starts and more control of temps and spin speeds.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Thank you Lisa for your feedback!

Delivered today

Purchased this from The Good Guys on Saturday, paid and booked in delivery for today. I was impressed by the seamless transaction. Within minutes of buying, I had an email and SMS confirming delivery.
The delivery staff arrived on time; although the SMS with tracking website was sent my phone and laptop denied access stating that it was an unsafe website.
That said, when I met the drivers they wheeled the machine in and noticed it was very well packed. Wooden structure, plastic and polystyrene. It weighed a lot and needed two people to move it into the bathroom for me to fit. I did not choose the fitting service, it was pretty straight forward. I would say that the instructions would be great if a little clearer - almost like a separate quick start on how to set it up. I found the booklet with the instructions at the back a little awkward.
Installed and the first task was to let the machine run on a 60c wash. I think that was to bed down, clean out and prepare the machine. I went back to work.
On my return, I loaded up a colour wash on cold. The run time was about 3hrs, but that was with the extras I had asked for. Having had only front loaders, you learn to accommodate run times. When complete I was surprised when pulling the laundry out how evenly washed it was; all evenly damp - not wet and a very strong sense that the machine had washed the load well. I was really surprised hanging it up that the clothing had clearly been washed but the spin cycle had gotten rid of a lot of the moisture. I think it will all dry far quicker than previous machines of different manufacturers.
I have a second load in now (now a 90c hot wash with prewash) and will see how that performs.
My observations of the first day are that the machine appears to perform to very exacting measurements and criteria. It seems to be very precise.
The build quality is high, I liked the all-in-one display compared to the other option I was going to consider which was the ASKO, the straightforward, easy to operate front screen gives you plenty of options to adjust according to your needs.
My first impressions are that this machine is built to incredibly high standards. Everything seems to measure up, no weird mis-alignments or dents, everything seems to be just as should be. It exudes quality and gives a reassuring look of longevity.
I'll update periodically once the machines been used a few times, but as a first time owner of a Miele, I am heartly impressed.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you so much for sharing this feedback!Its been a couple of weeks since purchase and the machine continues to work really well. I own a dog and I've found the various wash cycles remove many of the dog hair that my old machine wouldn't. I don't know if its because its new or not, but I've been really impressed that the machine has washed clothing so thoroughly. The one point I would make is that the detergent draw, made of plastic seems flimsy. The handle is a large piece of plastic hiding a slimline draw. It doesn't feel sturdy and I think in future it would be good to see this modified so that it doesn't have such a large plate of plastic with only fixings to the top of it.

Brilliant machine don’t expect anything less from Mieli

Yes very love the option to change temperature and spin speeds and have the wash shorter if wanted.
The gentler washes are very gentle....it’s quite, especially on spinning.
Display goes blank during washing but a quick tap on the screen you can see what time is left....
Good looking machine also

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks Pam for your feedback!

I am loving it

I put all type of clothes and i am very happy with the machine as it is very very easy to control and it handles my clothes very nicely if you ask me to rate the product i will say that it is superawesome...
Thank you so much for this beautiful machine

Miele W1

To wash clothes, the size of clothes can also be washed, and will not cause damage to my clothes
is more satisfied with the clean sound is not noisy, can set the time, performance is very satisfied
wash is also very clean, and dry water is also very good
I am very satisfied with the cycle time of the washing machine

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thanks for your feedback!

does the job..

yeah it is ok but for the price save your money and buy a samsung bubble wash. they sell it to you as it doesnt have the rubber inside to wipe down but big whoop that is so easy to use and this does the job but for how much more thousands, whats the point?

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Impressed with our 20 year old Miele and my son purchased above model two years ago

Have been using a Miele for 20 years and have not had one single issue. Consequently my son purchased a Miele 18 months ago and loves it especially the pre ironing facility. Has had no issues at all. My other son son has just purchased a WKG 130TDos. He is experiencing issues with the TDos and Miele is actively trying to solve the problem. They believe the actual cartridges may be faulty. Watch this space!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks Antoniette for your feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need any further assistance.

Great product

Both the W1 washer and T1 dryer can be connected to my home network, allowing me to check detergent levels and machine performance data directly from my smartphone.The W1 machine can automatically adjust the water level and filling duration according to the load. This is not only good for the environment, but also saves water and electricity.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thank you Christian for your feedback!

a lemon!

0/10 for functionality. Cycle times are extremely long. no such thing as hot wash in reasonable time. Very noisy. Already broken at 5 months as not spinning dry. Re-pumping water at end of cycle. was always very noisy unlike other brands which friends and family have. i had Miele for 10 years before this.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Sandy, we apologise for the inconvenience. We would like to be able to look into this issue further, and I have sent you a private message. Kind regards, Miele.Today this machine has completely jammed. It displays only one set of options for wash which don't relate to anything. It can't be started. It didn't make any difference when we unplugged it completely and plugged it back in. It displays the same pointless set of data and doesn't function. Miele contacted us in response to this review and offered to come out on Friday at the end of this week. We settled on Wednesday next week as they can't guarantee a time so will need to be close by in case they call. We're super disappointed because last week when we emailed the store where we bought it (Miele in Claremont) we were told that someone would collect the machine and refund our money. It seems unfair to be without a working machine for this period and to be expected to accept a repair to a machine that is only a few months old, assuming that they can repair it when they come out to look at it. I would call this a major fault as it can't be operated at all.

Don’t buy miele

Washing machine is unreliable - breaking down too many times and it is expensive to repair. Miele has terrible after sales service with long wait times to report a fault, service technicians not turning up or not having the parts when they do. Don’t buy Miele products. Either get a reliable brand or go with a lower cost option and replace more often.

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Hi Jan, we apologise for the inconvenience. We would like to be able to look into this issue further, and I have sent you a private message. Kind regards, Miele.

Hi I have a Miele washer/dryer. WTZH730WPN I put in bath towels and set to wash and dry. I got home about 1/2 hour after the cycle finished. The machine had turned itself off. I could not open the door. When I switched the machine on it started the washing cycle again. How do I open the door when the machine has switched itself off. We ended up having to re dry the towels again as every time we turned on the machine it started filling up with water and wet the already dry towels!
Hi Annemarie, if the machine is turning off itself mid-cycle, there may be a fault with the machine and it will require a service visit. If you can please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au or if you have any questions don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 464 353 (please be aware these contact methods are for Australia only). Kind regards, Anna.

I used to had a W classic(forgot the model number) washing machine for the last 2 years, then it’s started to have the drainage problem, water leaking from the bottom, first time the technician figure out it was blocked by the liquid detergent which causing the problem, then I tried putting less detergent after that, the week after this problem happened again! Then I called out the technician and wait for another a week again, second time they removed some part and replaced a new part, I thought it may permanently fixed, another week after the problem came back again, i was sick off calling Miele again so I decided to spent $1000 purchase a new one( W1 classic ..WD...), I got the new one for about one month and new problems happened, first the water tap picture and F 138 code showed up, i drain the water out by following the instructions, I turned the power off for half day then switch back on, the code disappeared, so I tried to run a new program to wash, it’s seen working properly but after next few minutes, the whole machine power turned off, nothing to show on the screen, then I figured out actually the power socket is down, so I have to switch back on from the main power box! I repeat that to run the machine the power will turn off, then I stop doing that and call Miele again....have to wait for technician for another week! What a disappointing experience! Would that be my liquid detergent causing the clog? But I use very less already

I have a Miele W1 WWH 860. How do I a spin only when the clothes are too wet after a normal cycle?
Hi Cecil, thanks for your question. Your model is either Canadian or the U.S, and since we are Miele Australia/New Zealand it's difficult for us to assist. However, there should be a spin only program and it will be listed in the operating manual. If your clothes are too wet, there is a possibility there could be too much detergent being used or an unbalanced load. If you have any questions, please contact your local Miele in your area. Kind regard, Anna.Thanks for your time. I will take your advice. cecil

W1 WMV960W1 WKH132 WPSW1 WDD030W1 WKG130 TDos AUW1 WKR770 WPS PWash&TDos XL AUW1 WKH130 WPS PWash&TDos AUW1 WKF130 PWash AUW1 WKB130
Price (RRP) $4,599.00$3,099.00$1,799.00
Capacity9 kg9 kg8 kg8 kg8 kg8 kg8 kg8 kg
Energy Rating 554.54.54.54.54.54.5
Water Rating 554.54.54.54.54.54.5
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people3-4 people
Drum MaterialSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyCombSoftSteam HoneyComb
Colour / Finish WhiteWhiteWhiteWhite
Dimensions 850 x 596 x 643 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm850 x 596 x 636 mm
Max Spin Speed 1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm1,600 rpm
Weight96 kg96 kg96 kg96 kg96 kg96 kg96 kg96 kg