Miele W1

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Julie92

Julie92Sydney, NSW

A piece of junk

Have owned Miele washers for 17 years and have been so happy with them. Even bought one for my parents and one for our daughter. Now with our 3 months old machine-touch pad has stopped working. 1 service call failed to fix problem. We just wanted a well built machine that works, no need for the fancy touch pads and mobile connections. Miele has agreed to replace it. Still German made but not made the way they used to.

Purchased in November 2019 for $2,000.00.

annieexplorer

annieexplorerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love this washing machine

Purchased 2 years ago on sale from Miele and option of half price dryer included which I also purchased.
Lots of wash options but love the 20 minute cycle or woolen cycles, Note some cycles very long so do not use them.
This is my second Miele washer and I would not purchase another brand

Purchased in January 2018 at Miele Online Shop for $2,000.00.

Dryer TypeMiele T 220
JoelMiele

Thank you Annie for taking the time to leave this review. Glad to hear you are enjoying your washing machine.

Janine

JanineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

best washing machine I have owned and used

Do all my washing but not doonas. The features are great. Machine washes clothes well particularly delicates. Cyles cab be a little long on some. Uses very little washing powder for good results.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,299.00.

JoelMiele

Thank you Janine for taking the time to leave this review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your washing machine. Kind regards, Joel.

Richard

RichardMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic washing machine

The Miele WDD030 is our first front loader and to say we have been impressed is an understatement. The machine washes our clothes much better than our previous top loader. We really like the different options for different washes (towels vs clothes etc). I can thoroughly recommend this machine.

Purchased in January 2020 at Adelaide Appliance Gallery.

JoelMiele

Thank you Richard for taking the time to leave this review! Glad to hear you are enjoying your Washing Machine.

ToniF

ToniFGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Miele quality & customer service has dropped

Purchased in October 2019 at e&s.

gordon451

gordon451Perth, WA

Doesn't do what it says on the box.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,600.00.

SSN

SSN

Disappointed! Do not waste your time and money.

• +7

Purchased in September 2019 at Miele.

Matthew D

Matthew DPerth, WA

The best washing machine money can buy!

Purchased in January 2020 at Miele Online Shop for $3,299.00.

Hi Matthew,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review! We appreciate your valued feedback.
Kind Regards
Joel

SvenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A terrible machine - the door leaked on first use. Flimsy build quality compared to old models.

This is my third Miele washing machine and the other 2 have been great but this one is terrible.

On first use the door leaked. Miele refused to replace the machine without first doing a service call - which meant 2 full days off work to sort the issue out.

The plastic door on this model is flimsy compared to my old machine and the touch screen is not as robust as the old buttons.

I definitely would not recommend this machine nor Miele.

Purchased in January 2020 at Miele for $1,499.00.

Jono Allen

Jono Allen

Bloody grate get one

They are costly but really good Ive had my washer for 4 years, I even put my rug in it, I recycle all the water, Ive do get a few coins stuck in the outlet but works well, easy to fix

Purchased in February 2018 at Bing Lee for $2,170.00.

JoelMiele

Hi Jono, thank you for taking the time to leave this review!

Not super reliable

Would be great if it was more reliiable. A lot more service calls than my old F&P which was half its price. Washes well, dos is a different type of feature

Purchased in June 2016 at e&s.

JoelMiele

Hi Andrew, thank you for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, our team would be more than happy to speak with you. Please call us on 1300 464 353. Kind regards, Jack.

Ellie

Ellie

Great machine

Great washing machine, super quiet, better for environment etc. I am still adjusting as i have always had a top loader & this has seemed to make my towels hard & scratchy but apparently i have been using too much detergent? Hate that you cant open the door though once started. But good quality machine

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Kevin Neumann

Kevin NeumannGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Miele Front Loading Washing machine

I have washed Bedding - all kinds of dress - business & casual shirts - Jeans & Yakka workwear many times over the years'

My family originally purchased this matching for our Mother in approx in 2007 - as it is the same model & type owned by my brother previous to that - his machine and ours have been steadily and reliably continuing to working well for us collectively the whole time we have had them'

A well-built product that continues to work well through time, I happily recommend this brand & product.

JoelMiele

Thank you Kevin for taking the time to leave this review!

hamishs

hamishs

Das Failure

This is a review of the second machine, the first one leaked water everywhere, the twin dos stopped working and it was replaced under warranty after we had it for three weeks. New machine came today and its already throwing fault codes... its ok when it works, quiet, etc, but not that nice that i want to deal with it never quite working correctly. Never buying Miele again, our $600 LG washer lasted us 7 years and we never had an issue with it...

Purchased in October 2019 at Miele.

g. m.

g. m.

Great product high quality

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $3,999.00.

JoelMiele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! Glad to hear you are enjoying your Miele washing machine. Kind regards, Jack.

Sandra R.

Sandra R.Sydney, NSW

Putrid smell

Bought it new and from the get go this machine has a terrible smell, received a replacement and it had the same problem.
I have used Miele for years, I feel the quality of standards on their machines is not what it used to be, very disappointed.

Purchased in November 2019 at Miele.

sagar

sagarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrific machine!

We've been using this machine for about 10 months now. It replaced an 18 year-old ASKO machine. We are absolutely delighted with the machine. It is very quiet (compared with the ASKO) and love the flexibility the machine provides it terms of being able to select and customise cycle times. The digital display is large and easy to read. I purchased it because it was highly recommended by Choice, and of course, Miela's reputation is excellent.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,654.00.

JoelMiele

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We are pleased to hear you are enjoying the Miele WDD 030 washing machine. Kind regards, Jack.

Herman C.

Herman C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliability does not live with the brand hype

Quite unreliable. We had serviced this washing machine twice in the past 2 years. The technician came today again and did not locate any issue re our "waterproof fault" error but it is almost certain the issue will reoccur soon in 1 or 2 weeks.
Simply imagine paying for a supposedly premium washing machine, but you have to doubt if it would complete the most basic express cycle?

Purchased in March 2016.

Ness

NessGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible smell in machine since first use. Can't get rid of it.

Purchased in September 2016.

JoelMiele

It is the best ever i always use it it has no problems and is amazingIt is the best washing machine ever i always use it it has no problems and is amazing

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman Big Buys for $1,000.00.

JoelMiele

Thank you Bec for taking the time to leave this review!

Mary Ann M.

Mary Ann M.asked

Mine is Miele Model WWH860, and I don't see it listed. I am in Vancouver, Canada. My TwinDos pair is less than 1 year old. My TwinDos Lights showing Colour or White don't light up any more. I have replaced cartridges twice, and done Mainentance as per Instruction Light ordering me to do so. This time I was not istruted to insert Twin Dos Care cartidge anywhere. It is 1/4 full. I guess I'll order a replacement, ready for that instruction to come on. I find I'm spending far far too much time obeying orders delivered by that lit screen. It's nice to have my detergent automatically dispensed but suddenly it's not asking me whether I have a white load or a coloured. Something's wrong here but I know not what. Help, please?

JoelMiele

Hi Mary, the reason this model is not listed is because this is an Australian Product review website and your model is not available in Australia currently so it's difficult for us to assist you. If something has changed with the program name with whites and coloured then best for a local technician to visit. Note the detergent dosage amount can be adjusted to smaller amounts if this is a concern. Kind regards, Joel.

Dorotea

Doroteaasked

Hey there, I am having an issue with the maintenance cycle of twindos for compartment 1. In accordance to the instructions, I have filled a container with water, but it keeps saying "insufficient cleaning agent". I tried filling it partially, filling it to the top, restarted the process at least 10 times - still the same message. Meanwhile it went smoothly with compartment 2 from the very first try. Do you have any suggestions?

JoelMiele

Hi, we are unable to answer this question. Please contact us on 1300 464 353 or book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au . Kind regards, Joel.

Abi

Abiasked

The special wrench that I need to level the washer is missing.... where do I get one?

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Download manual