Miele W1 WCE Series

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

2.9

Very poor customer support

Purchased in September 2019.

Miele representativeMiele

The sour smell - it has ruined my wardrobe, my home and cost me thousands.

My machine isn't even 6months old. The sour smell the TwinDos system has left on my clothes and infiltrated through any item folded or hanging next to it is irrecoverable. Vinegar/bicarb/60degree does not work. I have spent over $2,200 SO FAR replacing clothes and linen. The dryer is also damaged with the smell. I am now without a washing machine or dryer as I refuse to damage more items. And I'm still waiting for a result from Miele.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$2,599.00.

Dryer TypeMiele TDB130WP Heat Pump Dryer

Email sent

Cathy

CathySydney, NSW

Very frustrated with Miele Twindos.

After paid $179 service fee, container 1 (deteegent) is still not detected. Ordered 6month worth detergent now i cannot use it at all. Not worth the money. Should order a standard washing machine. My old LG one is working much better.

Purchased in December 2017 for A$3,000.00.

Dryer TypeMiele
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Miele W1 WCE Series compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Pressured

Pressured

Service cost for problems with the settings.

Absolutely furious . Have been allocated a technician visit for $179 cost. Unable to set the twin dos system.Have followed all the instructions. Machine 9 weeks old. Will trade in for another BRAND as soon as possible.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,700.00.

Jude

JudeCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Disappointing

I have a number of Miele devices and am generally quite happy with them. This washing machine however performs worse than any prior washing machine I've owned. Within months it produced a sour smell on my clothes, first time I've ever experienced this (am trying the vinegar solution now). It is the worst machine I've owned regarding the removal of (minimal) cat hair.

Purchased at Domayne ACT, Fyshwick for A$1,899.00.

Mr.S

Mr.S

Expected Better from Miele!

Purchased in September 2016 for A$1,600.00.

P.M.

P.M.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Quiet and efficient.

After decades of machines bouncing around, smelling foul and having assorted problem we lashed out and bought a Miele. Calm, you hardly know its on; water efficient, we are on tanks; and does a perfect job. Worth paying the extra for a quality machine.

Purchased in May 2019.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! Glad to hear that things are going well with your Miele washing machine. Kind regards, Jake.

Faulty Touch Screen

We purchased the model 3 weeks ago and after only 2 cotton washes, we went to use it a third time and the entire screen is non responsive! We can use the dial to turn the machine to cotton but then can’t select the RPM, temperature, colours/whites or even start the machine! Very frustrated! To add to this, the machine is also leaking underneath! We called the service team and were read out the terms and conditions explaining we would have to pay if this wasn’t a manufacturing issue (how could it not be?) and then were given a service date 2 weeks away! Ridiculous!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$1,999.00.

Jeffro

JeffroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great advice from the salesman

Purchased this appliance three months ago and couldn’t be more satisfied with its performance.Simple to operate with very easy instructions on use.Nice features and many wash settings to choose from. Very happy.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$1,500.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thanks Jeffro for taking the time to leave this review! Great to hear you are enjoying your washing machine! Kind regards, Joel.

yvonne mauleSydney, NSW

New Machine that failed on the second wash

I purchased a brand new machine from Harvey Norman, Alexandria. I used it once and it worked fine. I rang Miele Product Expert this morning. They did not have information on the model that has a dial rather than a START button. Promised to call me back but I had to call them back. Was read the "riot act" about me being responsible if the job does not come under warranty (why would it not???). The first available appointment for a technician is not until 17th April. This is not at all an impressive record. i have owned Miele washing machines all my life and now in my 70's I am not at all happy to find that a new machine does not work. I paid for professional instalment through Miele/HN. Hence my one star rating.

Purchased in March 2020.

Miele representativeMiele

Thanks Yvonne for providing those details. Our team has been sent across your contact details and will be in contact as soon as possible. Please remove your above message with your contact details for your privacy. Kind regards, Joel.

yvonne maule

Thank you for that suggestion. Deleted.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

3 loads completed - machine now totally unresponsive

Purchased in March 2020.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Lisa. We have your details and will be in contact as soon as possible. Please delete your message with your contact details for your privacy. Kind regards, Joel.

jenny

jenny

Noisy operation but good wash

This machine is a bit noisy but it gives a good wash on gentle normal and heavy duty cycles No problems with it and the price was good as I got it at 40% off

Julie92Sydney, NSW

A piece of junk

Have owned Miele washers for 17 years and have been so happy with them. Even bought one for my parents and one for our daughter. Now with our 3 months old machine-touch pad has stopped working. 1 service call failed to fix problem. We just wanted a well built machine that works, no need for the fancy touch pads and mobile connections. Miele has agreed to replace it. Still German made but not made the way they used to.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$2,000.00.

Julie92

Received replacement machine. After 1 load, detergent cartridges still full, now machine says cartridge 1 empty!!

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Julie, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your new machine. If you're able to send me an email to prsupport@miele.com.au with your name and best contact number and a member our team will be in contact. Kind regards, Joel.

annieexplorer

annieexplorerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love this washing machine

Purchased 2 years ago on sale from Miele and option of half price dryer included which I also purchased.
Lots of wash options but love the 20 minute cycle or woolen cycles, Note some cycles very long so do not use them.
This is my second Miele washer and I would not purchase another brand

Purchased in January 2018 at Miele Online Shop for A$2,000.00.

Dryer TypeMiele T 220
Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Annie for taking the time to leave this review. Glad to hear you are enjoying your washing machine.

Janine

JanineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

best washing machine I have owned and used

Do all my washing but not doonas. The features are great. Machine washes clothes well particularly delicates. Cyles cab be a little long on some. Uses very little washing powder for good results.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for A$1,299.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Janine for taking the time to leave this review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your washing machine. Kind regards, Joel.

Kevin Neumann

Kevin NeumannGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Miele Front Loading Washing machine

I have washed Bedding - all kinds of dress - business & casual shirts - Jeans & Yakka workwear many times over the years'

My family originally purchased this matching for our Mother in approx in 2007 - as it is the same model & type owned by my brother previous to that - his machine and ours have been steadily and reliably continuing to working well for us collectively the whole time we have had them'

A well-built product that continues to work well through time, I happily recommend this brand & product.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Kevin for taking the time to leave this review!

hamishs

hamishs

Das Failure

This is a review of the second machine, the first one leaked water everywhere, the twin dos stopped working and it was replaced under warranty after we had it for three weeks. New machine came today and its already throwing fault codes... its ok when it works, quiet, etc, but not that nice that i want to deal with it never quite working correctly. Never buying Miele again, our $600 LG washer lasted us 7 years and we never had an issue with it...

Purchased in October 2019 at Miele.

g. m.

g. m.

Great product high quality

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$3,999.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! Glad to hear you are enjoying your Miele washing machine. Kind regards, Jack.

Herman C.

Herman C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliability does not live with the brand hype

Quite unreliable. We had serviced this washing machine twice in the past 2 years. The technician came today again and did not locate any issue re our "waterproof fault" error but it is almost certain the issue will reoccur soon in 1 or 2 weeks.
Simply imagine paying for a supposedly premium washing machine, but you have to doubt if it would complete the most basic express cycle?

Purchased in March 2016.

Miele representativeMiele

We had 2 Samsung washers it only problems after another I did my homework about Miele It best machine

Miele it best machine from all machines in the market clothes come so clean and you don’t have to worry about anything just perfect everything very quiet you won’t regret to buy one

Purchased in February 2019.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Nat for taking the time to leave this feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying your appliance. Kind regards, Anna.

Michelle S.

Michelle S.asked

W1 WCE Series

My twin dos is not registering after I've changed the cartridge

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Michelle, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or if you believe your machine needs to be looked at by a Miele technician please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au . Kind regards, Frank.

*Note, the above contact information is for Miele Australia only. To contact New Zealand please call 0800 464 353. For all other countries contact information, please contact your local Miele representative.

Sandra G

Sandra Gasked

W1 WCE330 PWash 2.0

Model WCE 330 8KG. New Machine purchased April 2020 (Old Miele purchased 2002). One person residing so minimal use. The sensor pad is not working. checked on all cycles but no touch control....Stop/Start lights flashing.
Best Regards, Sandra

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Sandra, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or if you believe your machine needs to be looked at by a Miele technician please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au . Kind regards, Jake.

Helen C.

Helen C.asked

W1 WCE670 TDos Wifi

Hello there, yes we are very disappointed and frustrated with our brand new machine that has not stopped giving us trouble since the first wash. The Twin Dos empty was the first message and of course it was not. The tech ran a maintenance was then it worked. We had to wait weeks for the machine and weeks for the tech (who was very helpful btw). We can’t connect to the app. The latest issue is check drainage which we’ve done over and over and changed the hose set up so it is well under the up to 1 m limit which it was just under before. It won’t drain in the rinse but today it won’t drain after the wash. I reduced the load size even though I have a 9 kg machine it seems 4 towels is too much. I have a technician booked for over a week away and manually draining a nearly $3,000 machine is ludicrous and we feel duped. Perhaps we got a Friday machine but I think Miele should be doing better here. We are now up to wanting the machine replaced please. We previously had an LG for 17 years and we’re up sold by Good Guys to this machine never thinking for a moment there would be a problem. I don’t look forward to putting the washing on as I can just here that error beep going off half way through. Does anyone have the answers to the problems mentioned here please? Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives