Miele W1 WCE Series

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

2.8

DivyaMelbourne, 3029

Terrible product .Don’t waste your money

We bought this machine from Harvey Norman 1 and a half year ago after our 9 year old Ariston broke.Miele WM is terrible and not working anymore.We hand wash our clothes now .Called Miele to help us as it is still under warranty.They have a waiting of 2 months.2 months I have to hand wash the clothes of entire family along with my job and other responsibilities that too when I bit the bullet and bought such an expensive washing machine.This was my first Miele product and preety disappointed.The error i get is water overflow in the machine when I can’t see any water anywhere underneath.U can’t put clothes in the machine 2 min after cycle starts when it was working .I will stick to my $800 budget moving forward.So upset

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,200.00.

Caityem

CaityemPerth, WA

Annoying

Washes well
But there’s no short time 20 mins wash only washes 1-2 garments and Any other cycle is 2hrs upwards
The worst bit is YOU CANT CHANGE ANY WASH SETTINGS AFTER YOU PRESS START
So if you need to wash something on cold and accidentally forget to change the temp from hot it will hold said item at ransom within its belly until it has completed it’s cycle! No matter if you turn off the machine for hours there is nothing you can do to save a whole lid of delicates

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

MVPageSydney, NSW

Save yourself the stress. Do NOT buy this washing machine made by Miele. Definitely NOT good enough!

Purchased in September 2020 for $2,799.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Miele W1 WCE Series compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

WCE330 - unreliable and not recommended for purchase

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

Purchased with high hopes but it is ruining my clothes

Everyone recommended Miele to me. I buy quality clothes to last and wanted the best machine to care for them but this is just terrible. It's stripping colour and making brand new clothes look old. I have checked manual for settings, asked advice, followed wash instructions to but it is simply not fit for purpose to care for quality clothes. I'm so disappointed. I do not recommend this model.

Purchased in May 2019 at Miele for $1,800.00.

Elvira DR M.

Elvira DR M.Sydney, NSW

Great reliable machine

I’ve been using this machine for more than 10 years now and hasn’t given me any problem. Done 6 to 10 times load of washing for a big family. Very reliable and durable.

Purchased in April 2010 at Harvey Norman.

Very poor customer support

Purchased in September 2019.

Miele representativeMiele

The sour smell - it has ruined my wardrobe, my home and cost me thousands.

My machine isn't even 6months old. The sour smell the TwinDos system has left on my clothes and infiltrated through any item folded or hanging next to it is irrecoverable. Vinegar/bicarb/60degree does not work. I have spent over $2,200 SO FAR replacing clothes and linen. The dryer is also damaged with the smell. I am now without a washing machine or dryer as I refuse to damage more items. And I'm still waiting for a result from Miele.

Purchased in March 2020 for $2,599.00.

Dryer TypeMiele TDB130WP Heat Pump Dryer

Email sent

Cathy

CathySydney, NSW

Very frustrated with Miele Twindos.

After paid $179 service fee, container 1 (deteegent) is still not detected. Ordered 6month worth detergent now i cannot use it at all. Not worth the money. Should order a standard washing machine. My old LG one is working much better.

Purchased in December 2017 for $3,000.00.

Pressured

Pressured

Service cost for problems with the settings.

Absolutely furious . Have been allocated a technician visit for $179 cost. Unable to set the twin dos system.Have followed all the instructions. Machine 9 weeks old. Will trade in for another BRAND as soon as possible.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,700.00.

Jude

JudeCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Disappointing

I have a number of Miele devices and am generally quite happy with them. This washing machine however performs worse than any prior washing machine I've owned. Within months it produced a sour smell on my clothes, first time I've ever experienced this (am trying the vinegar solution now). It is the worst machine I've owned regarding the removal of (minimal) cat hair.

Purchased at Domayne ACT, Fyshwick for $1,899.00.

Mr.S

Mr.S

Expected Better from Miele!

Purchased in September 2016 for $1,600.00.

P.M.

P.M.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Quiet and efficient.

After decades of machines bouncing around, smelling foul and having assorted problem we lashed out and bought a Miele. Calm, you hardly know its on; water efficient, we are on tanks; and does a perfect job. Worth paying the extra for a quality machine.

Purchased in May 2019.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! Glad to hear that things are going well with your Miele washing machine. Kind regards, Jake.

Faulty Touch Screen

We purchased the model 3 weeks ago and after only 2 cotton washes, we went to use it a third time and the entire screen is non responsive! We can use the dial to turn the machine to cotton but then can’t select the RPM, temperature, colours/whites or even start the machine! Very frustrated! To add to this, the machine is also leaking underneath! We called the service team and were read out the terms and conditions explaining we would have to pay if this wasn’t a manufacturing issue (how could it not be?) and then were given a service date 2 weeks away! Ridiculous!

Purchased in March 2020 for $1,999.00.

Jeffro

JeffroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great advice from the salesman

Purchased this appliance three months ago and couldn’t be more satisfied with its performance.Simple to operate with very easy instructions on use.Nice features and many wash settings to choose from. Very happy.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thanks Jeffro for taking the time to leave this review! Great to hear you are enjoying your washing machine! Kind regards, Joel.

yvonne mauleSydney, NSW

New Machine that failed on the second wash

I purchased a brand new machine from Harvey Norman, Alexandria. I used it once and it worked fine. I rang Miele Product Expert this morning. They did not have information on the model that has a dial rather than a START button. Promised to call me back but I had to call them back. Was read the "riot act" about me being responsible if the job does not come under warranty (why would it not???). The first available appointment for a technician is not until 17th April. This is not at all an impressive record. i have owned Miele washing machines all my life and now in my 70's I am not at all happy to find that a new machine does not work. I paid for professional instalment through Miele/HN. Hence my one star rating.

Purchased in March 2020.

Miele representativeMiele

Thanks Yvonne for providing those details. Our team has been sent across your contact details and will be in contact as soon as possible. Please remove your above message with your contact details for your privacy. Kind regards, Joel.

yvonne maule

Thank you for that suggestion. Deleted.

jenny

jenny

Noisy operation but good wash

This machine is a bit noisy but it gives a good wash on gentle normal and heavy duty cycles No problems with it and the price was good as I got it at 40% off

Julie92Sydney, NSW

A piece of junk

Have owned Miele washers for 17 years and have been so happy with them. Even bought one for my parents and one for our daughter. Now with our 3 months old machine-touch pad has stopped working. 1 service call failed to fix problem. We just wanted a well built machine that works, no need for the fancy touch pads and mobile connections. Miele has agreed to replace it. Still German made but not made the way they used to.

Purchased in November 2019 for $2,000.00.

Julie92

Received replacement machine. After 1 load, detergent cartridges still full, now machine says cartridge 1 empty!!

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Julie, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your new machine. If you're able to send me an email to prsupport@miele.com.au with your name and best contact number and a member our team will be in contact. Kind regards, Joel.

annieexplorer

annieexplorerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love this washing machine

Purchased 2 years ago on sale from Miele and option of half price dryer included which I also purchased.
Lots of wash options but love the 20 minute cycle or woolen cycles, Note some cycles very long so do not use them.
This is my second Miele washer and I would not purchase another brand

Purchased in January 2018 at Miele Online Shop for $2,000.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Annie for taking the time to leave this review. Glad to hear you are enjoying your washing machine.

Janine

JanineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

best washing machine I have owned and used

Do all my washing but not doonas. The features are great. Machine washes clothes well particularly delicates. Cyles cab be a little long on some. Uses very little washing powder for good results.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,299.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Janine for taking the time to leave this review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your washing machine. Kind regards, Joel.