Mitsubishi Delica MK4 (1994-2007)

Mitsubishi Delica MK4 (1994-2007)

See the Best People Movers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pete

PetePerth, WA

Great family vehicle

BadgeChamonix
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Billmelbourne

1995 V6 S1 Petrol

Have this Van for about 3 years now. Have not done serious offroad. Consumption of petrol is high but my is dual fuel so still ok about $1 for 10km when LPG is 50cts. Since having this van many issue, but can be solve . First is best to check the cooling system and is possible change all plug and lead. When changing the plug do your rocket cover gasket as it tends to leak.I enjoy this van as it spacious and can sit up to 7 people. I use this van as my weekender. Part can be source if you look hard enough, as for my 1995 I cannot get a scanner to scan for any code, this is a set back.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Wayside

WaysideKimberley, WA

Mighty Road Trek doing the lap of the Map(clockwise) via The Savanna Way from Broome to Cairns and n

Diesel blt noisy, get use to it...roof rack removed... too much wind noise! Otherwise brilliant

BadgeSpacegear
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Smiles per mile

Date PurchasedJul 2015

BEST CAR EVER DRIVEN - PRETTY MUCH THE ONLY 4WD PEOPLE MOVER VAN OPTION U HAVE

Date PurchasedApr 2014

samuay

samuaysydney

3rd Motor now blown up, do not buy!

Date PurchasedJun 2012

Alexandre

AlexandrePerth, Western Australia

So good it made us decide to drive all the way around the world

I bought a Delica 3 years ago to be a people mover while my family was over from South America. However, it turned out to be a lot more than I would have ever expected. It is an amazing car, extremely versatile, awesome to drive and great 4WDing.

We fell in love with it so strongly that we decided to spend 2 years driving it around the world. Literally!

WombatSouth West, WA

i have been given one Delica van, just needs an indicator switch and glow plugs

The van is 21 years old but very well kept. The AC does not work, and it has 2 dud batteries but generally looks very good. I will eventually turnit i to a camper van. At the moment i have 4 kids so need to carry heaps

Wombat

All good news. I put 2 new batteries in 610 CCA and the AC works, Glow Plugs work and DElicaSpares in Brisbane worked on the Switch, what a true Mechanic, got parts from 4 switches in and put it together. I have not tried it yet but looks very good

Wombat

Delica is on the road and did 2500 km without a miss. Doing 110 lt/km and sits on 120 km easily

Should be 11km/lt

Karl S

Karl SAustralia

Amazing 4WD van.. just make sure it's been looked after well

SilverGhost

SilverGhost

Great camper van

I fitted out our low roof SWB 1998 2.8 turbo diesel Delica with a double bed, fridge, gas stove, water tank etc. about three years ago. We've done some 40,000 km so far including parts of the Birdsville and Oodnadatta tracks. I'll be keeping this vehicle for quite some time yet. Its certainly more expensive both to run and repair than our previous campervan (Toyota HiAce) but the fact that it'll go almost anywhere is more than adequate compensation.
delicaclub.com is an excellent source of information on these vehicles.

Date PurchasedMar 2010

Great Family Car

JanG
JanG

The Mitsubishi Delica is fitted with a Pajero engine. All Pajero engine parts should fit. Hope this is helpful.

paulofthenauth

paulofthenauthAU

Versatile - go almost anywhere

keith06
keith06

im going to buy a95 delica &it is diesel the only problem is i need a right hand side step & cant get on to one can you sugest some one my email is keith1937@y7mail.com kind regards keith

Col of adelaide
Col of adelaide
Justine08
Justine08

TransmissionAutomatic

Depends where you look for parts www.delicashop.com is Australian based with the partscd and manuals

mysticpete

mysticpete

I've had my Exceed 2.8TD for 5 years now and can't complain, good all rounder apart from already stated. Parts are not an issue (or expensive) if you know where to look and what equivalent manufacturer codes are. Def nothing in OZ to match it for a big family like mine (6) and the price. If I had the money would consider an i-Max as the replacement as I don't go off-road enough.
Kids can't kick you in the back from behind, lots of room, dual A/C, 4M40 engines rock!
Underpowered, soft ride, fuel consumption, getting parts, can't reach the kids to give them a slap when messing about at the back.

BadgeExceed

Great Vehicle all in all. For serious four wheel driving; front clearance would be an issue for the series2 L400.Lifting ride height would have to be the solution. However getting into shopping centres is another issue. The delica is not a landcruiser or a hilux but it's there with them. I take it to stockton newcastle every year, no problems in the dune. Plenty of torque and power always gets you of trouble. Nothing ARB air lockers cant solve aye!
what i like about the delicas...capacity of a people mover..the space.. and the capability of a 4wd. i have an L400 series 2. Good ride height.
Difficult in sourcing Japanese exterior accessories such as roof carrier and Jaos bullbars.

Paul from Yamba
Paul from Yamba

Hi there, how does it go if you've got a full car and towing a trailer?

Allhotchocolate
Allhotchocolate

Looking at buying an eight seat vehicle. Didn't know much about this type of 4WD, found this site very helpful. TNX.

u9765

u9765

the5wiglets

the5wiglets

Most useful, comfortable, versatile car we've ever had. If only it came in a lowe more fuel efficient version.
Fits us, the grandparents and the three kids. With plenty of leg room for all. Excellent visibility. Good mileage on the highway.
Thirsty around town.Can't fit in to car parks with low clearance. 2100mm is as low as it can go.