Mitsubishi Delica

Mitsubishi Delica Questions & Answers

MK4 (1994-2007) and MK5 (2007-Present)

137 questions from our users

Jim C.

Jim C.asked

How much weight can you carry in a 2007 delica d5

Kathi

Kathiasked

Delica MK4 (1994-2007)

Does the delica spacegear 1994 diesel have a timing chain or belt? Also does it need replacing and after how many klms please?

Bill

diesel is chain drive, petrol is belt drive

Narelle J.

Narelle J.asked

Delica

2007 D5 Delica .. isles low to stalling computer says nothing is wrong with it.. stalling when stopped or reversing or if you rev it then drops to stall... any ideas ?

Kahn B.asked

Delica

I have a 97 starwagon with 2 batterys. On the dash there is 2 battery lights, one red one on the left and a yellow one on the right. When I start the engine the yellow one stays on. Van still seems to have plenty of power though. Any ideas what this could be? I don't have the owners manual. Thanks guys....

Bill

show a picture will better helps

Kabil O.

Kabil O.asked

Delica MK4 (1994-2007)

Hi Im working on my delica 96 power window, Is there a reset procedure that I need to carriy out, Ive recon and replace my window regulator, I test it without the window load and it goes up and down all good, but once I attached the window, it goes up and than down, but than just stop, did it twice dismantling it and test it, but produce the same result, it stop after up and down with the window load.... Thanks

Kahn B.

Lube all the tracks up and you can also buy some window glide spay for the felt glides. When the motor has to much load on it, it will do that.

RossMasked

Delica

I have a 97 Super Exceed 2.8T Diesel A/T. When I turned on the ignition key, the speedo needle jumped around and warning lights flashed on and off. Starting the vehicle it runs ok but speedo needle jumped a couple of times and settled. Checked fuses etc; all are ok. When driving, speedo does not work and transmission will not shift into OD gear. Switching OD switch on shift lever, does not make any difference.
Any thoughts or suggestions.???
Ross M.
N.Z.

M M.

M M.asked

I recently purchased 95 T diesel spacegear,
when I turn on the aircon on front or back,the engine idles higher which is normal,but stays idling higher even after the aircon is turned off. It remains that way until the next day.
How can I fix this??

Jaimey S.

Jaimey S.asked

Delica

Hi guys my delica turbo deisel needs to warm up and now it is dying during start up with the revs dropping and the car stalling (before it is warmed up) any ideas?

RossM

It is most likely the the seal in the front of the injector pump leaking air. If the engine is running fine other than this, you could fit an electric lift pump into the fuel line. You will need a 12volt low pressure push type pump ,( 4-5lbs pressure) that delivers high volume. Pump must be mounted as close the the fuel tank as possible, not up in the engine bay. This worked fine on my 2.8 T D which has done 390000km and has run like a dream for 18 months.
Ross.

Lawrence K.

Lawrence K.asked

Delica

Hey any tips on how to convert my delica 1997 deisel turbo 2.8 auto convert to a v8? What v8 will fit

Darryl P.

Darryl P.asked

Delica

so what do people think or have experienced with the gas engine models? DM 2002 Mitsubishi Delica

they drink gas

peterasked

Hello paul
My delica 1996 2.8 deisel running and stop and re start a few time in a day running in city but hightway ok what is the issue? thanks

peter

send me answer via to my email

Sonia F.asked

Delica

bolt setting for drive plate bolts

drive bolts for 4d drive plate

jessie m.

jessie m.asked

Delica Space gear a/t 4WD 4M40 turbo ATF no. Of liters

Rebecca C.

Rebecca C.asked

Delica MK4 (1994-2007)

2000 Mitsubishi Delica would not start after night of -27 , now -13 what do I do to get it to start?

Pete

Dear Rebecca, my apologies for the delayed reply. I am not sure. Please check with a registered mechanic. Please join the Delica Club for further assistance. Many thanks. Pete.

Ignatius Lasked

Hi there,
I have 93 Delica L300 that will not go into gear. The temperature is -7C maybe 10 with windchill. I am unable to even depress the "operation button" enough to move the automatic gear selector. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Stephen

Wayside
Wayside

Try cleaning all electrical stuff n mechanical with WD40, allow to dry n test!

Ignatius L

Figured out it was the cable from selector to footbrake. Plastic piece became more slippery due to cold temperatures and being old! Just stiffened plastic cable housing with zip tie. Thank you

Delicaowner

Delicaownerasked

Delica

I own a Mitsubishi delica d5 version and my cash lights can't show the temperature Gauge. I've repeatedly tried to hard press info button and still won't work. What could be the prob?

Kraip kange

Kraip kangeasked

Delica

I have a Delica, a 1998 model and it's auto. I am encountering a problem with it's right hand side rear driving wheel. It seems to be stopping the car from moving. The more I struggle to move forward, the more I am accelerating causing over heat in the engine. But even now it's worse. I can't even move even I am on drive. When I switch off the engine and restart, the drive is working but for only few miles and then the car comes to a stop again. What would be causing this?

Brianne

Brianneasked

Hi there
I have 99 starwagon turbo diesel. Today when i was driving up the highway the thermometer said it overheated but the rpms were only at 2 . The temp went back to normal quickly and it seemed to be driving fine so i parked for awhile when i started it back up the battery light and AT temp and the signal beside it the tranny fluid i believe lit up so i turned ir off checked fluids all good and went to start it again but the battery was dead i put a new tranny and batteey in six months ago so anyways i charged it up and it drives o.k though i only went around the driveaway the true test will be tomorrow anyways i am suspicious that something is not right and the sensors are still on so if you have any insight why i would be grateful to hear!!

PaulinIreland

PaulinIrelandasked

Delica MK4 (1994-2007)

Hi , query for you, when I'm trying to accelerate up a slight hill, say at 40mph, she drops a gear, revs higher but no acceleration. If I push harder, drops another gear and no acceleration, if I press a bit harder, it releases the pressure from the turbo. What could cause this?

Pete

Hello Mate, I own a petrol version and not the diesel version which comes with the turbo. Please join the Mitsubishi Delica forum. There are legends in that forum who may be of help. Many thanks. Regards Pete

Martin M

Martin Masked

Delica MK5 (2007-Present)

Head gasket time guide?

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi representatives